• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 19, 2018
Amber Frost​

At Sammy's insistence, Amber reluctantly headed towards the teacher's table, hoping that it really was signups. Before she could process that in fact, it wasn't, the little brat showed himself. She looked over at Mark distastefully; it wasn't just his infuriating attitude and ability to make ridiculous assumptions either that bothered her. She tried her best to push away the tiny knot of jealousy in her stomach and ignore him, considering he had just done the same to her.

Amber focused on the teacher in front of her, trying to work out his motives for just giving away something. People don't just do things out of the goodness of their hearts. When he addressed her specifically, strangely, her blood ran cold and she jolted slightly. Sure, she didn't like teachers much, but that had been beyond her hatred of authority. There was something off about this "Mr. Blaze" all around, something... familiar about him, in the little details. The way he'd smirked at her, talking directly to her, had been creepy in a very odd way.

She approached him warily before darting forward and grabbing the TM, looking somewhat like a feral animal when offered food. She turned her attention towards Sammy and Mark instead, ready to follow them anywhere but here, the image of his smirk, that smirk she flashed everyday to friends and enemies alike, burned into her mind.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 21, 2017
Jordan Gregson - Oak Town
Espeon's perspective
I led the way towards the battle grounds, not so much eager to join in the fighting as I was to just get to where we had to be so I could sit down. Maybe nap a little. Jordan made it clear to us that we weren't taking part in the fighting but that we should watch the others... For experience, I guess.
She's not said anything but I know she worries. Not so much about me, because I know I'm good at fighting when she needs me to be. It's Gastly, though. He could be amazing but he's too busy messing around and playing games. She wants what's best for him but I know she has dreams and that she wants him to be a key player, but I think she's worried that he's never going to listen to her when she needs him to.
He doesn't seem to get why this is important for her.
I sense anticipation, but it's not from Jordan. I guess we're heading in the right direction.
Wait. Is that a Fletchling? Oh man~ If it was flying lower I could so catch it~
No, stop. You're not some common Meowth. Get it together.
Just focus on that anticipation and you'll find the battle grounds.
But wow... I really am hungry.
Damn bird.

timemagetim

Timemagetim
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2015
Gismo dragged his few bags up the stairs. His clothes in one bag, his computer, Pokenav, Pokedex and pokeballs in another, and a large box in which many pots of sprouting berry bushes sat nearly tipped over. He carried his berry pots over towards the window getting them into the sunlight. He bends down to his little Sableye, Amythyst, and hands her a watering can. "Do you think you think you could find somewhere to fill this up with water for the berries?" His little pokemon took off toddling down the hallway with its load.

He unpacked the rest of his things noting that his walls were bare and that his closet was only half filled with all of his clothing. Noting that Amythyst has yet to return he slips his pokedex and pokenav into his pocket, straps on his ball belt over his shoulder and heads down the hall to find out what kind of trouble the little thing had gotten herself into.

He heard someone running up the stairs.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark took a disk as well, quickly looking at the number and realizing just what kind of move he had received. "Hidden Power... I've been meaning to get this move for Commodore. This is just what he needed." Mark said confidently. Depending on the Pokemon, Hidden Power could be used as a different type attack which would be extremely useful to cover up alot of weaknesses on his team.

"Thanks, I'll be sure to make use of it in the tournament" Mark replied to Xander. Did he say Battle Tactics class? That sounded right up Mark's alley. He glanced over to Amber but really wasnt sure if he should say anything exactly... considering the awkward moment they shared earlier. Mark moved over to the desk, getting in line to sign up for the tournament. He'd turn back to Sammy.

"Heh, well I'm looking forward to our match then. I got a few new tricks myself!" Mark said

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Academy Tournament - Battlefield 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An announcer hushes the crowd gathered to begin announcing who would be battling who! It seemed that turnout was rather high!

"Greetings contestants! it is my pleasure to welcome you to the most epic tournament of this year! It's time to find out who's rough and who's tough in an all out battle royale--Wait hold on. Is that right? You will be working together in a multi battle! What a twist! Standby for your pairings and opponents and we'll get this show right on the road, ladies and gents." the announcer explained.

Mark and Amber
Vs
Brains & Brawn Rachel and Fredrick

Ellie and Xander
Vs
Punk Couple Arthur and Jacqueline

Samantha and Valorie
Vs
Mysterious Sisters Allison and Lucy

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Yukashi: Entei Dorm

Dalex ran up the stairs to his room and quickly laid his berries down on his bed. His xtransceiver rang. He quickly opened up the watch like phone thing and hit answer.

His mom appeared, "Hello honey. I just wanted to check to see if everything was going ok and if you had settled in yet."

"Yes ma'am! I have already caught a Hawlucha and a Shinx!"

"Already!? You haven't even been there for a day yet." His mom opened her mouth in surprise.

"I know." Dalex smiled.

"Have you received any of your classes yet? Are you saving money?" She asked.

Dalex turned red, "No ma'am, I haven't gotten any classes yet. I do not get them till tomorrow. I have had all day to explore. And my money... it is basically gone, but I got a job!"

"ALL OF THE MONEY IS GONE!? What did you buy? It better be something important!" She scolded him.

Dalex scratched his head with is finger and smiled, "I got six TM's form a TM shop I went to and of course other items I needed like extra poke balls and potions that you guys sent me. I also got a berry back and a camera."

"A Camera? Why? How did you afford it?"

"Well... the shopkeeper said that he would allow me to go ahead and buy the camera as long as I came to help around the shop every day after classes when I could." Dalex answered.

"Well isn't that nice. You better keep your word young man. How are your other pokemon?"

'Treecko-Tre' Treecko popped up on Dalex's shoulder and waved.

"Haha Treecko. Keep him out of trouble will you." Dalex's mom laughed.

'Treecko.' Treecko nodded and jumped down.

"They are fine. Frokie slammed into the side of the boat, trying to show off. But he is fine. Fletchling is currently out flying around, trying to spot a girl that two others are looking for." Dalex said.

"Ah... so you are already making friends?"

"I don't know about that yet. Just trying to be friendly. Anyways I got to go Mom. Love you."

"Love you too honey. Stay safe." His mom replied back and the screen went black.

Dalex hung his watch thing up and quickly changed clothing. He changed into a long sleeve orange shirt and black pants. he also grabbed a hat that match in color. He decided not to wear his jacket, as he was starting to get use to the cold weather.

"Alrigth Treecko, return for now." Dalex said as the Treecko was absorbed into the poke ball.

Dalex put his other bag on that help up to 12 poke balls if needed. It was a messenger bag that draped on his side. He then added another bag that help his potions, poke balls, and other trainer items. This was a smaller bag that went around his waste. Dalex then put his camera back around his neck. Along with the stone he had made into a necklace that him and Treecko had found back in Hoenn.

He ran back outside, back toward where the boy named Shawn and the girl was. Fletchling was flying over head.

"Fletchling! Was the girl that I saw earlier still on the road?"

'Fletch!' Fletchling flew down and nodded as it landed on his arm.

"Was that boy still with her?"

'Fletch... Fletch.' The fletchling shook its head indicating no.'

"Ok return for now." Dalex said as Fletchling returned.

Dalex turned to Shawn and the girl.

"Fletchling says that the girl is still in the area where I saw her on the road. I would help, but I want to head to the Battlefield to see the pokemon battles. If you need anything, you should be able to find my name on your phones or whatever you have. If not, you probably could get the number form the office. or you could just send a message to me via pokemon. I will be at Battlefield 7 for the time being. Good luck. I hope you find her," Dalex said as he quickly checked the academy map and ran in that direction.

timemagetim

Timemagetim
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2015
Gismo headed down the hall and into the rest room where he discovered that his sableye was attempting to climb the pipes below the sink in order to fill up the watering can. "Amythyst. You need to stop doing this sort of thing. Just tell me that you cant reach next time alright?" He grabbed the pail from his pokemon and filled it in the sink heading back towards his room. They both jumped out of the way as a boy carrying a camera ran down the hall passed him. "Huh, I wonder what that was all about. Want to go find out?" His sableye shook her head affirmative. He brought the watering can back into his room and jogged after the boy. He exited the front of the dorm to see him run off from another person. He jogged over to them. "Hey what's going on? What is he in such a rush for?"

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
VSVeteran_M.png

Harawan Pommel​

Arrival! The Opportunist Lands!​

376.gif
271.gif
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Harawan Pommel, or Haru as he liked others to call him, jumped down the ship that transported him along with a few other students. The younger kids seem to look at him for guidance, unsure on how to proceed. Hey, don't look at me yet. I'll only be starting tomorrow. He gave the kids a reassuring smile and pointed to the buildings in the distance.

"I guess, you'll be going there?" He said, trying to sound more sure of what he was saying than he actually was. This would be the first time he would do something like this, act as a mentor to people he barely knew, but then Haru never backed down on any opportunity. He shrugged as he pulled his jacket closer to him. The ocean wind seemed to buffet the beach stronger than he preferred. He led the group of students into the academy.

Once they were inside the vicinity, the students seemed to lighten up a little, seeing other students their age, battling or loitering around the area. Haru shooed them all away, "Go, do your things. I'm not here yet to guide you." Haru himself proceeded inside one of the buildings.

The interior of the academy is pretty generic. There were several doors lining up the hallway and lockers probably for the student to use. He was not yet familiar with the general area of the academy as somebody failed to give him a map of the institution. Instead, he was given a blurry map of the island. Haru could not even call it a map. It was only a crude representation where was what in the island. No distance marker, no landmarks, no anything at all.

"This place is a nightmare," Haru sighed. He vowed to make a map that is more usable than the one given to him once he got the time. Fortunately for him, there was a sign as the hallway branched off to the right and left. He went left for "Oak's office." Soon enough, he came to a door with Gary Oak's nameplate engraved on it. He knocked on it twice and heard a voice usher him in.

"Harawan Pommel, sir. Good day," Haru politely greeted. The man across the table smiled at him. "Here to teach geography, sir?"

"Ah yes. I was informed of your arrival. I hope your travel was well?"

"I've had worse ones than the boat ride, sir, but I'd rather not do that again," Haru jested, partially meaning his words. The boat ride was bumpy and he'd sooner call on one of his flying-types next to carry him all the way to the island the next time he visit.

"You're a funny man, Harawan." Gary laughed.

"Please, sir, call me Haru."

Gary looked at him, with a slight smile. "Okay then, Haru. I'll leave the way you manage your classes to you. Just ensure you don't put the students in much danger as necessary," Gary warned. "I've heard of your reputation, of course. Just put into mind that you are a guardian first, then a teacher, before a Pokemon trainer."

"Yes, sir. I guess you can count on me on that. I'll have my first class tomorrow, at Oak Town if that is fine."

"As I said, I'll leave it up to you. You're dismissed," Gary said. Haru smiled and closed the door behind him. Now, where to go next?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 21, 2017
Jordan Gregson - Battlefield 7

Jordan's mouth hung open slightly at the amount of people who had already assembled. 'This isn't quite what I expected.' It was far from impossible to find a reasonably clear space amongst the crowd, but few of them were ideal positions. Fortunately there was a space quite close to the front, out of the way enough that there would be plenty of room for herself and her Pokemon.
Shimmying to a seat had never been so embarassing.
Two rows back and at the far end of the aisle, Jordan sat herself down with Espeon taking a seat next to her, as if blocking others from sitting nearby. She pulled two Pokeballs out from her bag. 'Come on, guys.' With a brief flash of light Gastly and Pumpkaboo popped out, the former still giggling from the earlier antics. Jordan took a deep breath before addressing all three in a serious tone. 'Guys, this is important so please listen. We're here to learn and get better, ok? We worked hard to get in to this place so we're gonna make the most of it. I know you don't like fighting, Pumpkaboo, but I want all three of you to watch. This is a good learning experience before we get stuck in ourselves.'
Espeon and Pumpkaboo nodded - albeit with what appeared to be a faint whimper from Pumpkaboo - but it was Gastly who seemed more amused by the notion than anything. She couldn't help the concerned frown as he nudged at Espeon to play. 'Gastly... Please... This is really important to m-'
She was cut short by the announcement.
Admittedly Gastly did seem to pay attention to the announcement, turning around to look for the source of the voice. Maybe there was hope for him afterall...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Yukashi - Battlefield 7

Dalex arrived at the battlefield. He was a little surprised at how many people were there. He looked around for an open seat, but couldn't find one. While he was looking for a seat, he spotted a girl trying to get through. He watched as the female found a seat and then her Espeon sat down in the seat beside her. He then watched as she brought out a Pumpkaboo and a Gastly. Dalex looked away as an announcement came up, announcing matches.

Dang it. There has to be a seat somewhere. He said.

He then looked up at a large light post that would cover the field in light when dark. A little ways up, there was an area where he could sit down. So he quickly made his way through the crowd and when he got to the light post, He climbed up and got to the area he had seen. He took a seat. He wanted to bring out his pokemon, but he wasn't sure how much weight the bar he was sitting on would hold. He also wanted to take photos with his new camera without having to worry about his pokemon, so that he what he did.

He started taking photos of the match up on the screen and then of all the people down below him. He stopped after a few pictures. He had not yet studied them and wasn't sure how many he could take. But he knew he could connect it to his C Gear which had tons of space and then use the wifi to upload the photos tho his computer back at the dorm.

Last edited:

jombii

Years
VSVeteran_M.png

Harawan Pommel​

Haru Explored! Prepping for Class!​

376.gif
271.gif

Haru checked the map that was given to him, again. There were some places in the island that interested him, but most were really plain old geography. Haru, however, knew that to be an effective teacher he needs to explore the places. He decided to start exploring the plains of the island, for the class the next day. There was an announcement for a tournament posted on on of the walls of the academy but Haru took no notice. Trainers participating would be young trainers and it is very rare that any of them show any potential. Haru decided to walk towards the town and see what the island has to offer.

-

It took Haru almost half an hour of walking when he reached the town. There were people bustling around, shops open, and several trainers who doesn't seem to be students from the academy, faculty, or shopkeepers. So, this place is not really as isolated as I thought it to be. He could hear sounds of life, sounds he became familiar with during his travels. He heard several people battling and he knew a battle was underway somewhere. He tried to locate where the battle was but the hustle and bustle of the busy town was preventing him to find the battle. Haru just shrugged and decided to find the gate to the plains.

He saw it soon enough. It was located east of the town, just beside a shop selling Casteliacones. In the distance, Haru saw a vast expanse of forest and he knew what his second lesson would be. Exploring the forest would be on some other time. Haru stepped out off town and onto the plains. There was a rough road, of mud and stones, made by several people having already travelled the same path.

Haru bent down and clutched at the grass. It was still wet with dew but it seemed fine. It's one of the variants called blue grass, named as such because it only thrives in regions who received plenty of rainfall. Haru noted his observation in his mind, thinking to research more on bluegrass when he returned home. Haru observed the soil next. While it was composed primarily of hard mud, it is not cracked unlike those you see in mountainous soil. It is just dry.

There were very few Pokemon around. Haru thought that this was because he still is near Oak Town. Despite domesticating most Pokemon species, wild Pokemon still prefers to avoid human contact. Very few species would initiate contact with a trainer as most would be prone to running away and hiding. Haru knew that. He could see a herd of Boufallant, grazing in the distance. A Gogoat and its young Skiddo were nibbling on the grass near them while he spotted a prowling Pyroar, hidden from the sight of the herding Pokemon.

I love this place. Haru sat down and got his notepad out.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 21, 2017
Jordan Gregson - Battlefield 7

It didn't look like any battles were about to take place any time soon, and Gastly seemed to be growing more and more restless. Occasionally he'd stare out across the battlefield only to let out a grunt of frustration and go back to nudging Espeon or Pumpkaboo. Whilst the latter took it in stride and giggled - taking a few playful swipes at the restless spirit occasionally - Espeon was considerably less tolerant of his antics, pinning her ears back and turning her head up at him in an attempt to make him stop. Or at least get him to leave her alone.
You are embarassing us.
Where's your sense of fun?
She turned to face him, ears still pinned back. We're here to learn, you idiot. What's wrong with you?
Gastly's regular wild grin faded. You were never such a spoilsport when you were an Eevee...
I'm not a spoilsport, actually. We could be taking part in this tournament if you...
Espeon took a physical sharp breath, staring down the ghost Pokemon.
Gastly narrowed his eyes at her. Go on...
She glanced at Jordan from the corner of her eyes. Between the two of us we could have easily got Jordan into Entei dorm and we might even have been taking part in this tournament. She turned back to Gastly, glaring. And I personally think a cool entrance like that would have been way more fun than sitting here waiting for some glorified lesson in how to fight. But no. You decided the best introduction was to completely throw her practical exam for us. You're lucky she's not an idiot like you or we wouldn't even be here.
Gastly peered at Jordan for a moment, who was too busy chatting with Pumpkaboo to have noticed the other two having their telepathic back-and-forth. An unfamiliar cold sense washed over him. It was unpleasant. Well at least you're feeling some sense of remorse.
Ah shut up. You psychic types think you're all that.
He side-eyed her, grinning. We got this, anyway. Just let me have my fun for now, yeah?
She turned away from him, ears still pinned back.
The stadium was getting gradually more full, and as he looked around Gastly noticed someone sitting up above them with a camera. He chuckled before floating up. I got yer picture right here, buddy.
For Arceus' sake...
'Gastly, leave that guy alone!'
He barely heard Jordan over his own chuckling as he snuck up behind Dalex, ready to phase in the way of his camera lense should he lift it up again.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Round One!
Valorie & Sammy vs. The Mysterious Sisters

As the pairs were identified Valorie found herself looking around for this partner of hers. 'Sammy', huh? What a boyish name. Valorie quietly began devising a plan B for if her partner was unable to carry his own weight. Losing this tournament would just be the icing on her failure cake, and she wasn't very hungry so soon after the Rocket Base invasion.

Finally, a mugshot was displayed upon a large screen keeping track of the statics of the battle. One could see spots reserved for whichever three pokemon they chose below the trainer's portraits. ...Huh! So her partner was a girl! It had to be short for Samantha, Valorie quietly reasoned. So lost in her thoughts was she that she didn't even recognize the familiar face.

Sammy hadn't realised this was going to be a doubles tournament, but it didn't seem like anyone had known ahead of time. This changed everything - what if she got paired with a rookie that dragged her down? Or someone far better that made her look useless, that would be even worse... as badly as she wanted to beat Mark in this tournament she had to hope that they got paired together, they at least knew where they stood with the other. She listened closely as the pairs were announced... Mark and Amber, huh? That could work out, she had a standing rivalry with him and unfinished business with her, taking them out together would show them both she wasn't to be messed with! But... losing to both at once would solidify her position as average.

She phased out as the other pairings were announced, lost in her own thoughts until her name was called. She was paired with Valorie... the name sounded familiar... wasn't that the girl Mark was always going on about, the one far stronger than him? She felt a surge of elation until she remembered something else that soured her good mood... Valorie was one of the students who had been transformed by Team Rocket. She groaned and made her way towards the Trainers box - pictures of herself and Valorie flashing up onto the big screen. Valorie looked pretty in her headshot but how was Sammy ever going to recognise her now? Not only that, but Sammy's picture showed her as she usually looked, hair tied up and practical clothes. Valorie might not be able to recognise her now that she'd styled her hair and dressed up! It was going to be a short tournament if she couldn't even find her partner...

Valorie quietly scanned the crowd, but the two girls search was suddenly made easier as other trainers began finding their partners and clearing off the field. Valorie was a very fashion-conscious girl and when the field really started thinning out she managed to make the connection, no thanks to Shu.

"You know, people usually use nametags for this sort of situation." Shu's telepathic voice whined. "Honestly, it's one step forward and two steps back with technology. Why do you even have printers if you don't use them?" he went on? Valorie frowned at his choice of timing, decidedly not humoring the conversation. It was beyond her to explain, the full extent of her tech know-how being social media and the research of pokemon battling. She still recalled the hours spent learning the finer details of dragon pokemon, marveling at their wonderous figures.

The not-quite-as-short girl approached Sammy and reached out to gingerly grasp the other's shoulder for a brief moment in a bid for Sammy's attention. While many of her features were intact, she was taller than one might remember and had a somewhat doll-like complexion caused by a compressed and flawed mental image of herself she'd used to transform. "Hi--Are you Sammy?" she asked. Here was hoping Sammy could understand her.

Sammy tensed as someone touched her shoulder and turned to see who it was, shocked by the uncanny valley-girl addressing her. It looked... kinda like the girl she'd seen with them on the raid - another memory of saying she could wear a skirt if she wanted flashed into her head - but as if someone had tried to draw what she looked like from a second hand description. Everything was close enough to be recognisable, but just a little... off.

"Uh... hey. Yeah. I'm Sammy... are you Valorie? I thought you were... y'know, a uh... Pokemon now... Did you get that fixed?"

She was pretty sure if the issue of the transformed students had been resolved someone would have announced it, but maybe it had just happened? That would mean Lucia was better now too... and that someone would come looking for the egg she was carrying. She wasn't sure how to feel about that part.

Valorie was quick to shake her head. "That's me, but no--I just--I got tired of feeling gross all the time, so I went on a quest to fix that and... It's a long story, but this is just the move transform. It lets me mimic the appearance of things." she explained awkwardly, reaching back and gently fixing her hair. She felt so self-conscious all of a sudden! She couldn't imagine why!

Folding her hands in front of her, Valorie smiled.By now she had made the connection between A and B, what with that handy mugshot to help. When she next spoke her tone was quiet. "I don't think I got a chance to thank you for before. I felt like I was going to choke on my own embarassment--What do you say we show these guys what it takes to break Team Rocket?" she offered, apparently more than ready to begin. Perhaps even a bit too ready. A doubles battle was all about coordination and working together right? What plan did they have?

"Oh, well good for you. Not everyone would've thought to do that." Sammy had to admire the girl for not completely giving up, she was at least trying to live her life as normally as she could. Someone with that much gumption would make a good partner, especially if she was as strong as Mark had said!

"Right on," Sammy grinned, "We're Rocket Raid Veterans, right? Whoever these "mysterious sisters" are they won't have jack on us. We'll steamroll this first round and make an impression, right? I mean between the two of us and what we've been through we can handle any regular old students - we probably won't even need to sweat it until we're past the heats."

Valorie beamed at Sammy, quite pleased with the other's attitude. Suddenly, it all changed. For a moment these feelings reminded Valorie of how she felt around Selene and the next thing she knew she'd forgotten where she was. Her smile faltered as her brain quickly yanked her back into reality. The mood swing was fast and brutal. She found herself struggling to hide how much it bothered her; She tried to smile again but it did not come, so she was forced to retreat to a more serious demeanor. Even then, the face of her missing friend haunted the back of her mind, that part of her that refused to move on wanting nothing more than to hit something right about now.

"Right... I think we're going to be up soon, so let's get ready." she replied.

Sammy must have said something wrong, because Valorie suddenly seemed a lot more serious. Maybe she shouldn't have talked about the raid too much, it wasn't going to be a super happy fun time memory for Valorie after all.. but she seemed to want to get to business, so that's what they would do.

"I'm good to go, we probably won't need to use more than one Pokemon each unless things get hairy out there, I've been training like crazy lately. Got a full team now too, so it I should have a Pokemon for whatever gets thrown at us." She was keeping an eye on the big screen, waiting for their match up to be called. She was itching to get started, probably with Elvis first. The big Crawdaunt was her strongest Pokemon and she wanted to make an impression on the crowd and other Trainers, not to mention Valorie.

One of Valorie's uncannily perfect brows rose slightly and she turned partially away. "I'll try not to let you down, then~" she replied coyly with a little wink.

And then it was time for their battle. Across from them on the field a small girl in a pretty pink dress covered in bows and frills smiled at them in an almost abent-mindedly care-free manner. By her side another girl sporting a somewhat ragged purple dress and equally messy purple hair. She had a somewhat disheveled, cooky look to her.

"A spell brought us together." the hex maniac started. "Fate made you our opponents." the fairy tale girl continued. The two took each other's hand in hand, their free hands holding a pokeball. "Our teamwork will bring us to victory." the two both continued simultaneously, giving their hands a squeeze, brimming with confidence. Valorie and Sammy might take notice of two necklaces adorned with rainbow colored jewels...

"Are they f&$*'in' serious? That is seriously messed up." Sammy muttered. "If they're trying to psych us out they're not doing a very good job." Sammy pulled a pokeball marked with blue chevrons and a gold star from her belt, holding the egg case cradled in the crook of her left arm so she could use the pokeball with her right hand. "What do you say Val, take one each? You want little miss muffet over there or the chick who looks like she's trying to be a cross between Roxie and a Grimer?"

Valorie furrowed a brow and smirked slightly. "...Sure thing, Sammy~" she replied somewhat quietly.

The two systers primed and tossed their pokeballs. From them emerged a gardevoir and a banette. The two pokemon strike a pose, as do their trainers. The two sisters seemed intent to continue holding hands, as if it were performing some kind of battle ritual. Suddenly their wrists began shining brightly and the two pokemon on the field were enveloped in a brilliant show of light, emerging as mega evolved! The two trainers then performed a spin reminiscient of dance, striking a domineering pose. "Alone we are formidable--Together nothing can tear us apart!" they both remark simultaneously into the wind.

Valorie puzzled over what had just happened. ...Surprise evolution? Weird. Whatever it was it unnerved her slightly. She could tell it wasn't just for show, and there was something odd about the way they'd evolved just like that. Valorie primed her standard pokeball and tossed it. An enormous figure formed, the afterglow of the pokeball fading to reveal a 12'01'' dragonite! Dragonite looked around curiously, stretching a bit and generally remaining oblivious to the situation as she took in the many many humans watching her expectantly. "Hello friends!" she remarked cheerily. Valorie cringed slightly; she for once understood the big baby clearly. "We're in a battle Dragonite." she explained awkwardly. Dragonite hesitated a moment. "Oh..." she replied, slightly disappointed.

Sammy had grown up surrounded by an ever changing cast of people from all around the world, and if there was one thing sailors loved to do it was tell tall tales. She'd heard of Mega Evolution before but hadn't ever really believed in it... until now. What else could this be? But all she had to go on were the stories she'd heard - incredible power, unknown potential, bla bla bla. It was worth taking these girls a little more seriously, but their Pokemon couldn't be that much stronger than regular ones... could they? That evolved Banette looked awesome though... she was going to have to remember that for when Shuppet evolved.

Holy Houndoom's that Dragonite was HUGE! Elvis was a little bigger than the average Crawdaunt but this Dragonite was way bigger than normal! With that sort of titan on her side she suddenly wasn't as concerned about the Mega Evolution anymore. Drawing her arm back she threw her pokeball forward, releasing her Crawdaunt.

Elvis huffed out a sigh and looked around, flexing his claws. "What's all this, what's all this eh? Three on one is it, well I'll take you all down see, every one'a ya!"
"Elvis, Dragonite is on your side, focus on the other two!" Sammy called out. She couldn't understand Elvis, but she did know that he could be a bit of a jerk if given free reign...
"Two on two is it, fair odds is it, well don't make a difference, not a bit'a difference!"
"Alright Val, leave the Banette to me - Elvis has an advantage there and I know at least a little about that Pokemon - sort of. Your Dragonite can handle the puffed up Gardevoir, right?"

"Banette, cotton guard!" "Gardevoir, psych up!" the two girls called out after a shared look at eachother. The two pokemon began to glow with a powerful white aura resembling cotton in texture.

Valorie took one look at this and nodded slowly. "...Yeah. No problem." she replied, though her tone betrayed concern. "Dragonite, use--...Ice Beam!" Valorie blurted out. Y'know, on second thought this was a positively awful matchup. All her other attacking moves were rather poor, especially thanks to that cotton guard. Dragonite reared back, a transluscent baby blue energy building in her mouth. She promptly launched the blast, energy arcing back and fourth like lightning as it shot out and zapped the mega gardevoir. She did not go down, but the icey blast definitely seemed to register as pain upon her face.

Sammy knew that Cotton Guard was a serious defensive move, but she'd had no idea that Banette could learn it... something else to remember for her own Pokemon. Even though physical attacks wouldn't be very useful right now she still had to try something. The stories she had heard said that the Pokemon had to be holding some sort of stone or gem in order to Mega Evolve... maybe Elvis' Knock Off could smack the Banette's item away and cause it to revert to its usual form. It was worth a try, right?

"Elvis, hit Zippy there with Knock Off, try and get rid of whatevers beefed it up so much!"

Elvis leaned back on his elephantine legs before rocking forward and launching towards the Mega Banette, drawing back his right claw in preparation for a strike. The claw began to crackle with what looked to be black lightning before it slammed into the fluffy aura surrounding its target. The physical strength of the Crawdaunt was obvious, but mostly negated by the effects of Cotton Guard - only the type advantage of both Elvis and his attack made the attack even remotely worthwhile. It had no effect on Banette's Mega Evolution, and didn't seem to get the normal surge to power when it smacked something away from their opponent.

"That did not work. Good to know, can't undo the crazy evolutions. Now I just need a plan B."

"Banette, use Will-o-Wisp." the hex maniac directed, ever so sure of herself. A ghostly purple flame formed betwixt the spirit dolll's hands, flying out to consume Elvis. "I love the smell of seafood~" she remarked haughtily. "Gardevoir... Calm Mind." the other casually sung, the both of them gesturing with their free hands. A blue psychic aura joined the cotton aura around Gardevoir. Valorie began to become uncomfortable. If all three of their pokemon gave them this much trouble it would be an uphill battle.

"Dragonite, Ice Beam--Extreme speed! Give it everything!" she commanded. Dragonite repeated her earlier actions, this time following up with a ludachrist burst of speed for something so large, one fist attempting to slam into Gardevoir. Even with such titanic power however, the mega gardevoir did not faint. Rather, it got back up and stared Dragonite down.

Elvis let out a heavy grunt as the ghostly flames settled into his carapace, causing a great deal of discomfort. "I'm gonna show ya, see, me and The Coop got this, see!"
"Screw it Elvis, brute strength isn't going to work. Let's try and slow it down with BubbleBeam!"

Elvis leered at the Mega Banette and raised both his laser cannons claws, snapping them open and releasing a concentrated fire of stinging bubbles that popped on contact. Adaptibility was working to their advantage to help supplement the damage caused. The moisture from the continually popping bubbles was starting to soak the Cotton Guard as well, adding extra weight for the Mega Banette to carry and slowing it down. But all the while the burns from Will-o-Wisp were causing Elvis increasing pain.

"Banette, psych up!" the hex maniac called out, once again sharing in power with her sister. For a moment it might see as if they were going to stall the match out, but then it happened. "Gardevoir--Stored Power!" the fairy tale girl called out, a large blast of psychic energy rocketing up out of gardevoir and descending upon Dragonite with massive power. Dragonite buckled under the strength, falling and catching herself with one hand. It didn't look like she was having a good time out there.

Valorie winced and looked over at Sammy. "...This isn't going very well. Sammy do you have any pokemon that can hold them off for a bit?" she asked, quickly trying to salvage what was left of the battle.

"Shit! I guess Shuppet could, she can stall pretty well, but all that's going to do us drag this out longer. This one on one stuff isn't working either, they're helping each other out too much. Elvis, give Dragonite some cover with Swift!"

Elvis increased the arc of his attack and started firing streams of flashing golden stars at both opposing Pokemon. It wouldn't have as much power as the BubbleBeam, but hopefully it would help draw attention towards Elvis and away from the struggling Dragonite.

"I've never been in a double battle before, I've never planned for this sorta thing. Crawdaunt can take a serious beating, and he knows Protect. I'm going to try and have him draw their fire for a minute, your Dragonite doesn't look like she can take another hit like that last one."

Valorie winced. Oh the mouth on this one! It was a tad refreshing to be honest, but she still couldn't help but find the other's words slightly harsh on the ears. Ah well. When in battle..! She primed her pokeball and returned Dragonite. "I know. That's why I'm substituting her. Trust me?" she asked, offering Sammy her most competitive smile. "Go, Charizard!" she called out, the pseudo dragon taking the stage. "Banette, Shadow Claw." the hex maniac remarked, beginning to pound away at Elvis with powerful strikes. Mega Banette's arms seemed to laugh as they swiped cruelly at the water type. Gardevoir recieved a similar order, but found herself with no pokemon to target between Valorie's switch.

"I'm counting on you, Sammy..! Keep them off her for a bit!" she said. Both Mega Gardevoir and Mega Banette turn on Elvis, the two ladies bearing down over him with intent to crush.

"Charizard, Belly Drum!" Valorie called out. They needed to hit hard and fast--It was their only chance to turn the tables. Charizard began violently thrashing amongst herself, working herself up to a feverish intensity.

Elvis took the Shadow Claw like a pro, but between that and the burn from Will-o-Wisp the damage was starting to show. Sammy was about to shout some encouragement when he seemed to chomp down on something, regaining his composure and becoming revitalised. The Lum Berry! She'd forgotten he even had the thing, but it was just the boost he needed right now.

She tried to find encouragement in Valorie's smile, but all she could think was that it would look far more natural on the girls real face. She found the sudden appearance of a Charizard a far better confidence booster. But now both Banette and Gardevoir were gunning for Elvis, so it was time for them to put up or shut up.

"Protect!" She called out to the crotchety crustacean. Elvis narrowed his eyes in concentration, the gold star atop his head beginning to glow, an energy aura spreading from it until he was surrounded by a golden dome that would deflect whatever attacks launched at him. That struck Sammy as strange, his Protect had always been a sort of blue wall back when he was a Corphish, but the middle of a battle was no place to contemplate move aesthetics.

"All yours Val, they probably won't focus on Elvis for much longer with a Charizard on the field!"

Both Gardevoir and Banette's attacks smacked into the shield, but not even their massive power could break it. Suddenly the two sisters were aware of a large threat on the battlefield and they seemed to draw back, still clutching eachother's hands as if it were a life line. "O-Oh..." they remarked uneasily.

"Alright Charziard--Rock Slide!" Valorie ordered. Mustering all her strength, Charizard ripped up several large boulders from the ground and whipped them at the two pokemon, efficiently and brutally finishing the both of them off. The two sisters look at eacother and simultaneously squeal in fright, moving to hug eachother whilst bouncing rather energetically on their feet. "Eeee! What will we do, what will we do?" they both ask eachother, seeming to ignore the battle. Valorie placed her hands on her hips, waiting patiently. After a moment they seemed to settle down.

"...It was magic that got us this far." the hex maniac began, hanging her head in dejection. "And it was fate that stopped us." the fairy tale girl went on to lament, hiding partially behind her taller sibling. "We depended upon our sisterly bond to carry us through, and thus we must profess regret--For we have no more pokemon fit to fight." they both admitted with shame in their tone.

Valorie and Sammy had won! Before Sammy would get a good chance to react she'd find herself getting a hug of her own from Valorie, who giggled and quickly released the other. "We did it! Thanks Sammy." she replied, somewhat ecstatic over their victory. "You really saved my butt back there--Our butts." she explained cheerily. The two mysterious sisters chimed in. "Have you two battled together before?" they asked, apparently a bit impressed.

Sammy whooped as the boulders took their opponents Pokemon out of the battle, calling the exhausted Elvis back to his pokeball and preparing to send out her next Pokemon. As she tried to process what the sisters were saying she found herself caught in an embrace from Valorie.

"I don't - what? That's it?" She asked lamely, looking from Valorie to the sisters. "You only had one Pokemon each? $*£%'ing hell, we did it!" She laughed. "No, no, that was the first time - good thing we got our act together though! Great work Val - without your Charizard we'd have been toast." She grinned broadly.

Valorie smiled sheepishly. "Hey... Charizard wouldn't have been able to do that without your cover." she replied sheepishly, sharing a moment of kinship with the other. It was apparently embarassing for her, so she soon decided to turn and place her hands on her hips, displaying her arrogance broadly with her body language. "Not bad for first timers, huh?~" she asked coyly. Soon however they were being guided off the field so that another set of battlers could have their turn.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Yukashi:

Dalex watched the scenery as he waited for the battles to start. He heard a voice down below him.

'Gastly, leave that guy alone!'

It was then Dalex got a sense of something watching him. Dalex smiled as he heard a chuckling sound very close by.

"You know, it is best to keep quiet when you are trying to scare someone. Your laughing gave you away. My guess is that you are the ghastly that I just heard a girl yell about. I don't know if you understand me, but trying to scare someone up here very dangerous. However, you would never be able to scare me. It is not ghost pokemon I fear, strangely enough. I think ghost types are pretty awesome actually. I don't mind you trying to scare me, but could you wait till after this match that is about to start? I would love to take pictures maybe later when you show yourself I can take your picture as well." Dalex finished as he slowly stood, keeping his balance as best as he could.

He watched the first trainers come out on the field. He took a photo of the too somewhat freaky trainers and took a photo of the two other females. Shivers went down his spin as a Gardevoir appeared. But he took two quick photos of the two sides.

Suddenly, as he tried to take one last photo, the Gardevoir and Banette started to glow. As they did, his necklace reacted and caught him by surprise, his foot slipped off the bar and he fell backwards toward the ground. He had fallen many times before while climbing trees, so he was able to react quicker than most others would. He turned around so he now faced the ground, it growing closer every split second. A small green hand caught his hand and his fall stopped. Dalex looked up to see Treecko who had jumped out of its pokeball and grabbed his hand with surprising strength. But Dalex could tell the poor Treecko was struggling.

"Holy crap Treecko. You are far stronger than I had thought. Thank you so much. Just hold on just a few more seconds. Froakie, I can't let you out at the moment, but I know you can hear me in your pokeball! Come out and create frubble chain and the attach it to the post!"

Hearing his trainer's call, Froakie quickly appeared out of the pokeball and used its frubbles to make a chain and then connected it to the post once it was connected to Dalex's side.

"Great job Froakie! Thank you."

Treecko let so and Dalex hung there for a few seconds and then started to swing. Dalex used his free hand and as he swung more, and latched onto the light post. Dalex took a deep breath after looking down and noticing just how close he was to the ground. If not for his pokemon, he would probably had fallen to his death or at least broke many bones.

"Whew... That was far too close." He said to his pokemon.

His Froakie and Treecko climbed down to him and climbed on his shoulders.

"Come on, let us get down from here. We will try to get closer for more photos." Dalex told his pokemon as he returned them.

He made his way through the crowd, but by the time he got there, the battle was over and he was only able to take photos of the two girls giving a quick hug to one another before they were told to exit. He was disappointed that he didn't see what he knew as Mega Pokemon battle, even though one was a psychic type which he hated. He was also disappointed that the freaky sisters only had one pokemon each.

Did they honestly think they could win doing that? He thought.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes and put his head down on the fence. He was still recovering from the near death experience he just had. He hoped that the Ghastly's trainer wouldn't think that her pokemon caused it. Because it was his own fault for falling.

He opened his eyes and to his surprise, the rock necklace was no longer just a rock. It had transformed. Most of the gem was a greenish color with a DNA Helix forming the center. He quickly noticed that it was a Sceptilite. He quickly hid it by putting the necklace inside his shirt.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 21, 2017
Jordan Gregson

Jordan's mouth hung open slightly, amazed at the battle that had unfolded before her. She'd only heard of mega evolution and thought it was mostly just some kind of urban legend, but there it was. It had happened right in front of her... No wonder she was only in Raikou dorm if this was the kind of power the people around here posessed. She barely noticed Gastly floating beside her. He was initially disappointed that his haunting didn't quite go as planned and had returned to Jordan's side, only to stare in amazement at the Banette on the battlefield.
Although it had lost, the mega Banette had stirred something within him. The idea of a surprise burst of power on the battlefield filled Gastly with a sense of mischief and anticipation although he couldn't place the reason why. The feeling, however, was almost immediately washed away by the dawning realisation that he'd have to shape up sooner than he first realised. Although he still thought she was taking things a bit too seriously he had to admit that Espeon did have a point. He could do just as well as any Pokemon here if he put his mind to it. Gastly looked around at the sea of Pokemon lining the stands. Sure he didn't have the power to take them on now, but given the right amount of time he could give most of them a good run for their money. A hand waved in his face and brought him back to earth.
'You ok there? You kinda spaced out a little.' Jordan smiled up at him warmly. He grinned back and cackled. 'I've never seen you so focused on one thing, Gastly.'
Gastly's grin widened as he peered down at Pumpkaboo who gazed out at the battleground with a look of bewilderment and shock. He couldn't help but burst out laughing at the little one.
One thing was for certain, he'd always be more enthusiastic about battling than Pumpkaboo.

jombii

Years
VSVeteran_M.png

Harawan Pommel​

A Sudden Realization of the Master to Be!​

376.gif
271.gif
104.gif

It was almost noontime before Haru closed his notepad and stashed it in his pockets with his pen. He gathered enough data for one whole class the next day, and probably some more for the next few ones. There was still time to spare though, although not enough to explore another region of the island. He decided to look at the available Pokemon in the plains, to kill time.

-

The plains offered a lot of Pokemon, if you only have to look closely. While, at large, you can only see a vast sea of grass, it is in these grasses that the Pokemon thrives. There were a lot of Pokemon in here, mostly Bug-types and Grass-types, but you can see the occasional Ground-type and even the Fairy-type. Haru felt a longing of catching a Pokemon. It's been long since he last saw his Pokemon. He left them in the care of the regional professors when he left for the island.

"Wait, nothing is stopping me from catching one of these critters," Haru realized, speaking out loud. "Yeah, I'm gonna go catch one." He still had his Pokedex from before and he is totally sure it will still work. "I just need to find a good Pokemon." There were good Pokemon in the field. He has a Steel type and Psychic type in Metagross and a Water and Grass type in Lombre. "What I need is a good Ground-type."

While it was rare to find Ground-types in a field like the island's, Haru immediately saw his choice. A lone Cubone was digging through the ground for food. "Yeah, a Cubone would be good." He called out his Lombre.

"Loam! Surf!" Lombre drenched the Cubone in water which startled it. Instead of fighting back, the Cubone fled, running through the grass. "Hey wait! Loam, after it!" Loam and Haru chased after the Pokemon. They were too fast for Cubone so they immediately caught up to it. Loam sent an Ice Punch towards the Cubone which made it fall. For good measure, Loam aimed another Ice Punch towards the wild Pokemon. Haru immediately tossed a Pokeball.

In three clicks, the Pokemon was caught. Haru got the Pokeball but something was nagging him. Instead of the usual reaction of battling, this Cubone fled. He vows to investigate on the matter further.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ariane Dracon:

Tap....tap.... tap tap tap........tap.

"UGH!! You stupid Pidgey!" Ariane yelled as she covered her head with her pillow.

Tap.........tap...............................tap............tap tap tap..

"Alright! Now go away!" Ariane yelled as she threw her pillow at her window in her dorm room.

She uncovered herself and threw her legs over the side and then took a big yawn. She picked up her glasses from her table next to her. She put them on and then stood up and yawn once more. Her large bed was a total mess along with her desk that had many books scattered and opened to random pages. Most were about Flying Type pokemon. Others were about other things such has a Sky Battles and wind currents in the mountains that she had calculated herself. She quickly got ready and ate her breakfast. She went to her daily classes and then came back too the room to change into more training worthy clothing for the mountains. She took a look at the calendar to see what the day was. It was the day of the battle at Battlefield 7, and although she wanted to go, she wanted to track down that Pidgey more. Today she knew it would be safe, but tomorrow was a different story. Tomorrow was the day, if she is correct, that the group would stalk her once again. Even though she had made a path after studying where teachers would be back on the way back to her dorm, she was still afraid.

"Those boys.... those boys... why do they follow me and not say anything? Are they a threat? Are they even boys? They have to be boys! Females wouldn't do that... they couldn't..." She told herself.

Ever sense she was a little girl, she has lost all faith in boys other than her Uncle. Her father slapped her. The boys from Mistralton City never left her alone. A boy ran away the day she was stabbed by the Skorupi and never came back. She looked down at her ankle where a scar remained from that day. If it hadn't been for her uncle's Braviary, she would have possibly died that night. And now.... a group is of them are stalking her for no reason. So why would she trust any male at all? They have always been a negative part of her life. There was only one she would trust and that was her uncle.

She packed her sketch pad, that had an 'AD' on the cover, into her messenger bag. She decided to leave her laptop today. She thought that maybe carrying less would let her catch that Pidgey. Noibat appeared from its poke ball.

"Hey Noibat! I was wondering when you would come out. Have you had a nice day?"

'Noi noi. Noibat bat.' The little Noibat said.

"That's good. I think we might head out to the mountains today. Maybe we can try to get it cornered."

Noibat fluttered around happily as Ariane fixed her glasses and adjusted the messenger bag around her body. She opened the flap and added ten or so pens and pencils and 5 erasers.

"Hmm.. My other sketch pad his getting full. I only have one or two pages left. Maybe I should pack another just in case." Ariane said to her self.

She ran over to one of her three bookshelves that were full of hundreds of books and found her section of sketch pads. She looked through many of them, but most were full. She finally found an empty one.

"Ah there we go. Tomorrow I should head to the Odds and Ends Store. But it would be hard to get to the store... it is a 30 minute walk from the dorms and there may not be any teachers... I hope I am wrong and that group doesn't decide to stalk me tomorrow..." She said as she placed her other sketch pad into her bag. And last, but not least, she picked up her favorite pen. A Braviary Quill Pen that her uncle had given her. Put of all her in a top five of her favorite things, this pen was definitely one.

"Alright Noibat! Are you ready? Let's go get us a new friend today!" She cheered as she opened up her door.

'NOIBAT!' The little fluffy, bat dragon chirped as it headed after its trainer.

Dalex Yukashi:

Dalex waited impatiently for another battle to start as he played drums on the wall.

"Why am I wasting my time here when I could be exploring more?" He asked himself.

At that moment, a pokemon landed on his head.

"What the...." Dalex asked himself as he reached for the top of his head. He put his hands on a fluffy, feathery ball of something and brought it down.

It was a Rufflet of pure red, white, and blue.

"Well...... hello there." Dalex said to the little Rufflet.

'Ruf?' The little rufflet turned its head.

"You are rather small for a Rufflet aren't you? A normal rufflet is usually 1'1", but you are like 11"." Dalex said.

This upset the Rufflet and its clueless expression turned angry. Its beak started to glow and started to peck Dalex's hands and arms.

"Ouch ouch ouch! Stop you little runt!"

This made Rufflet angryer and it used Wing Attack on Dalex. Dalex crashed to the ground and the little Rufflet headed in the direction of the mountains. Dalex lost his breath from the impact of the wings. And laid there for a moment. He finally stood up after catching his breath.

"Hey get back here!" Dalex yelled as he started to chase after the Rufflet.

Last edited:

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
Ellie and Lucia, Part one: The Meeting

"Why can't I use him as a partner!? You're the guys who paired me up with him!" Ellie complained at the Organizers table, Her hands pushing herself slightly off the ground. Half in attempt to make herself look taller; half to keep her hands busy.

"Look, I'm sorry for the mistake but we can't partner you up with a teacher. He's rather new to the school so we must have mixed him up somewhere." The flustered man behind the desk explained, quickly shuffling through papers trying to figure out where exactly they went wrong.

"If not him then who will my partner be!? Everyone who signed up already has a partner!" She continued to shout, slightly in hopes that someone will overhear her but mostly just to vent her frustration.

"We're sorry ma'am but as you said there is nobody else. We can allow a late entry for you if you can find somebody or you can go alone. Additionally we can move your battle to last in the round. " He offered trying to keep her calm. "We can try to help you find someone but we can't guarantee anything."

"PPPOOOORRRRYYYY!!!" A voice cried out as a blue and red streak flew through the other competitors and finally stopped before the table. Well... more along hit into the table and fell onto the grass. The Porygon Z laid there for only a bit, before suddenly getting back up and turning all manners of directions, "Systems check." The small voice spoke from the translator around its body. "System compatible. Would you like to download the latest-no no!" The Porygon Z shook its head a bit more and then looked at the judges table, almost confused for a moment.

"Oooooohhhh! Right! Sign me-" The translator buzzed suddenly as instead of words basic pokemon speech rang out from the Porygon. Lucia wasn't even aware as it kept on chattering before it realized that it was only getting a blank stare. It looked down at her translator and peered at it for a moment, before quickly smashing it over and over against the wooden desk. "-on? Oh it works again! Smashing DOES solve all problems!" The machine buzzed out eagerly. "One sign up, please!" The Porygon sang out.

"... I supose there is your new partner." The organizer said with a weak smile. "Name?"

"Lucia Francisco Bernavard!" The Z said eagerly. "Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!" The machine bounced up and down... well, more hovered up and down in the air. "This is going to be awesome!"

Ellie, scared half to death by this... Pokemon? Stared at it for a moment, Unsure of what to make of it. It looked kinda like a crazed, blue and red Psyduck with one of those translators from yesterday. She safely assumed it was a student but why was... She? Spouting Error messages like a computer?

"Um, Hi... Lucia?" She said still incredibly dumbfounded, her stare following the Hyperactive duck thing up and down as it bounced. "I guess I'm your partner; Are you going to be battling yourself or... what?" She asked completely clueless on how the Pokemon Morphed trainers actually work, Can they even use pokeballs?

Lucia paused in her 'bouncing' and tilted its head to the side, then the eyes on its head pointed up in a apparent happy look. "I guess so! Oh boy this is going to be so exciting! We'll be like bam and pop and ba-blam!" The machine cried out as it let its fin arms move about wildly. "We're so going to win this! You in on this? You feeling teammate?" The Porygon asked. "Cause I'm feeling the-oh I got a new update for my clock."

At that the Porygon went still, silently floating there before a loud bing came out from its head. "Oh boy, this clock has a kitten background! So cute!"

"You feeling… Teammate? What? I guess so?" She said, Now her turn to feel flustered. Quickly flashing a confused look to the organizer who only replied with a shrug.

"Anyway, If you don't mind me asking, What can you do? Well, Aside from downloading updates apparently. " She asked, slightly wondering if this thing could help her with her own computer before reminding herself what she was doing to that poor translator not even a couple minutes ago. "Yeah, Probably not" She mumbled to herself.

"Hm? Oh I can do lots of stuff!" It said happily. "I will help us win! See? I even got my balls!" It said as he it held out the belt around its body that had many pokeballs on it. "We can win and be awesome while doing it!"

Ellie was initially surprised at the number of pokeballs on the belt before she remembered her shopping trip earlier. That's right, Pokemon are far more common here. "Alright, I'll trust you on that one. From the looks of it our opponents are a couple people named Arthur and Jacqueline, You know anything about them? "

Lucia tilted its head, thinking for a moment, before shaking it. "Nope! New to me! Are they your friends?" It asked.

"Nope, I'm still rather new here so Don't know too many people. Was just wondering what to expect is all" She Explained, Getting used to talking to this thing.

Lucia nodded a bit, "Well no worries at all! We just battle and that's it! We're going to do awesome you and I! I and you! We!" The machine nodded its head a few more times. "So, let's get started then! We are going to ROCK out there!"

"Alright, If you're ready then I am!" Ellie Agrees, The Weird Duck's Excitement proving to be Contagious.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ariane Dracon:

Ariane sat at the base of mountains. She had her knees up and leaned up against the tree, A sudden memory had rushed to her had, like many memories, which inspired her to draw a picture that she liked. As she drew the picture, the flash back started to feel her minds of that somewhat scary day.

At the age of six, way before she started to not trust males, her Uncle's friend had asked him to visit to help figure out what was causing the friend's son to have horrific nightmares. Although her Uncle had to make many stops, he agreed to stay for a day or so to see if he could help out. So her uncle and herself flew to Fortree City where she met her Uncle's bestfriend. To her total and unexpected surprise, it was the boy that she had watched from a distance many times, but also played together as well. She started to worry about the boy, Dalex. When that traveled into the woods, to see if they could spot this pokemon causing it, they spotted Dalex on the ground curled up in a ball crying. She remembered her uncle quickly scanning the area for the cause and rememered him calling out a Grumpig. She remembered her Uncle bring out his Taillow that he had just caught not long ago and battled the Grumpig with it, only to watch it evolve before her eyes.

The Grumpig had grown afraid and it ran off. Ariane quickly ran over to the boy who had fallen unconscious. The remembered crying over him, worried that the boy was beyond hurt. She remember her Uncle picking up the boy and carrying her home as Swellow watched from above. They boy had been out the whole time they were their, but before she could talk to him. they had to leave.

Ariane looked over at her Noibat as she finished the drawing, the Noibat was enjoying a few berries. Ariane smiled at the little dragon bat.

"So that finished off my sketch pad. I guess it was a good thing I did bring my last empty one after all. But out of all the things I have drawn, I have never once drawn one of the happiest moments in my life till now." She looked down at the picture one last time and smiled. She placed her Braviary Quill Pen inside of the finished sketch pad. "I wonder if I will even see him again. He has been years sense that day and I am pretty sure he didn't see me. Even if I did see him... would I even be able to trust him? All the guys I have met in my life, other than my Uncle, has caused me some type of pain or discomfort. But what about him... How much has he changed in eight years?" She asked herself.

She opened up her bag, and then she placed her sketch pad in her bag after she had wrapped a band around it to keep it closed.

She got to her feet and looked up the mountain. It was starting to get late, but she wanted to travel where that Pidgey had went. She wanted to catch that Pidgey at all costs. And she knew she wouldn't get a chance tomorrow. So she started to climb and just hopped she would be done before dark.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dalex Yukashi:

Dalex had made it to the mountains quickly with his speed. It was a pretty long ways away, but to him, it felt like it had been just a few minutes when reality it was around 15 or so. At least on the map that is what he had figured. Because it looked like the mountains started about half the distance of Oak Town which he knew was true. He had been chasing a Rufflet, but he lost sight after he started to climb. Although he could scale a wall, if figured it would be wise to take the more average paths. Anyone who didn't would surely risk falling, even if skilled.

There was no doubt Dalex was a strong lad and could climb easily, but he still knew what was safe or not.... other than the light pole.... that was just stupid. Even thought he thought this might be stupid, he wanted a Rufflet so much. He respected what Rufflet and Braviary would do. They would fight for their friends regardless of their own risk and in the Braviary world, the more scars one bad, the more respect others would have for. He knew that Rufflet and Braviary also tended to stay in mountain regions of Unova, but back then, he was to young to find one. He did remember looking up to Mr. Dracon though, one of his Dad's bestfriends, he remembered Mr. Dracon having a powerful Braviary. He was even able to ride with Mr. Dracon on his Braviary one day after his parents allowed it.

As he thought about catching the Rufflet, he got to a resting place on the bath and took a breather. He wished he had brought something to drink. If his Froakie knew a non bubbly attack, he could ask it, but the only water attack he knew was bubble and Dalex was pretty sure it would taste soapy.

As he rested, Dalex looked over the land scape. From this part of the islands, he could easily see the Academy and the battlefields, although it was far too far away too actually see any battling. He could see a large amount of the forest and the path to Oak Town, but Oak Town was still blocked by trees.

"This would be a great picture." He said as he raised his camera. Right as he took a picture, nine Vivillon, all with different patterns, fluttered by.

"Oh my Arceus! That was an amazing shot! It is almost like the picture is saying 'Welcome to PTA, where all trainers from every region are welcome.'" Dalex exclaimed as he looked at the photo.

After he took the photo, a sudden cold gust of ever mad him nearly freeze.

"Brrr! Should have wore my jacket," He said.

He looked from the direction he had come wrong and he was shocked. There was a huge stretch of land that was covered in snow.

"This islands is simply amazing."

Then he heard the Rufflet. He looked in the direction of the Rufflet. The Rufflet had a fire burning in its eyes to prove that it wasn't weak and that size didn't matter.

"Rufflet! If you want me to battle you! Let us take it to a safer location for both of us! Rufflet are aggressive, but still respectable, and I have a feeling you want a fair fight on even ground! Plus, I don't want anyone to get hurt if they are traveling by!" Dalex yelled.

With that, Rufflet fluttered off at a slower speed, further up the mountain.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark and Amber VS Brains and Brawn Rachel and Fredrick

Mark listened to the announcement about how the first round of the tournament would play out. Multi battles... Mark was fairly inexperienced in double battles, let alone working together with another trainer. No time to come up with a proper strategy to take down the opponent, just rushing into battle and trying to get in sync. Mark normally could totally manage that! The only problem is that he was paired with Amber. The two had a rough start as is. His biggest worry was how this would effect their battle... Mark didn't want to attempt carrying the whole team... even though he was fairly confident that he could pull it off.

For now, Mark watched over Sammy and Val's battle. Watching that Dragonite head into battle quickly gave him a rush of nostalgia. How time flew... he was fairly close with val before but nowadays they just felt distant. Probably after the awkward "asking out" thing. Though that nostalgia train hit an immediate halt after he noticed two Pokemon suddenly evolve in the middle of battle! Gary's Blastoise did the same thing... was this related? The two trainers even had a stone with the same symbol as Mark's stone. He reached right into his bag and observed it. It had to be. Mark had a Mega Stone! The only problem was he had no idea how on earth to use it in battle... guess it'd be something worth looking into after the tournament.

Sammy had definitely improved. She had a Crawdaunt now which would be a pretty strong opponent to go against, should they face eachother... but he still wasn't sure what the other Pokemon would be.

After watching the first match, Mark got himself prepared for round two, getting his Pokemon all situated and walking around to look for his partner. Mark walked over to Amber, trying his best not to make things any more awkward then it was back in the tunnels. "So guess we're paired up! What Pokemon do you plan on using? We can try to come up with a good plan to have our Pokemon work in Sync with eachother." Mark said.

Amber also listened to the announcement, letting out an irritated groan at the format. They seriously expected her to work with some other trainer? She didn't do teams; other people only held her back. Even worse, she had to be paired with that overly enthusiastic loser from before. She'd been doing her best to ignore him, but it seemed fate had other plans. Her only hope now was that he wasn't a complete newbie to the battling scene and could carry his own weight. On the bright side, at least she'd have someone's lead to follow when it came to proper tournament etiquette.

Amber watched the battle with interest, although her focus was less on the actual battle and more on the trainers participating in it. For one, Sammy was up first, and Amber was more than a bit curious to learn more about her team, among... other things. And then there was that other trainer she was paired with; she looked perfect, almost unnaturally so, and Amber found it unsettling, and more than a little infuriating. Especially since- no, no, she'd just imagined that, just competitive spirit between two cooperating trainers, nothing more.

Their opponents were equally unsettling, with their strange supposedly psychic link between them. The defensive technique was brilliant, but Amber was more stunned at the sudden evolution. She'd never seen anything like it before, and she wondered how she could manage to achieve something like it. She smiled slightly in relief when Sammy and her teammate managed to win; sure, it would make it harder on Amber to win, but at least it'll make for more interesting matches later. She was looking forward to a rematch against Sammy far more than she would ever admit.

She turned back towards Mark as he started up a conversation, his cheerful attitude grating on her ears. Still, they were working together now, so she supposed she'd just have to deal with it and try to "play nice", as painful as that was. "Dunno yet, I was gonna wait 'til I saw who we were up against, get a feel for how they'll battle, y'know?" Amber answered noncommittally. As she spoke, she started pulling out some of the TMs she had got and applied them to the proper Pokeballs. It was a bit of a risk trying out new moves before the tournament, but she had a feeling she'd need the extra edge.

Mark nodded to Amber... even though he wasn't exactly a fan of this approach. He decided to check the nearby terminal for their opponents. It seemed to be a pair by the names of Brains & Brawn Rachel and Fredrick. He was curious just what these two would pull on them... for some reason Mark had a really bad feeling about it. But why should he? Mark was ready to dominate this tournament!

"You got a point there. We won't really know until we head out to battle. As for me, I'm planning on using my Porygon, Commodore to lead off to leave a dent in the opponent. I have my Ditto Xerox set as my trump card just incase. My third Pokemon will probably be Snype here." Mark said, looking up to the Sableye hanging on his shoulder.

"Well if you're ready to go, lets get set up on the battlefield! We'll take these two out easy." Mark said confidently.

Amber watched as he checked the terminal, a bit surprised to see the beginnings of nervousness creeping in before being covered by his usual confident attitude. She listened attentively to his battle plan, hoping that they'd be strong enough to deal with whatever their opponents threw at them. She thought for a moment, at least trying to get a rough idea of what she was planning on doing.

"I'll probably lead with Valor here," she answered, gesturing to the Zubat on her shoulder, who dipped his head in acknowledgement. "Then I've got Spirit, my Ponyta. He's good for stalling them out and wearing 'em down, he's got lots stat moves and Hypnosis. I've also got a Joltik, Twitch, but she's new, just caught her before the tournament so she's a gamble," she explained. Her only other Pokemon was Swindle, her Treecko, but he wasn't much of a battler at the moment. She'd have to dedicate some more time to him after the tournament; he was quickly falling behind in power from the rest of her team.

Amber shrugged and headed towards the battlefield. "Yeah sure, let's go," she said, casually walking towards the battlefield as if she was not at all concerned about how the battle might go.

Mark stood firmly on his end of the battlefield, Pokeball in hand as the other two challengers approached. Rachel of course was a Psychic, seemingly having the need to show off that she could make a few Pokeballs levitate with her mind. Those kind of ablities must have taken years of training but that dosn't mean much in an actual batlle. Fredrick was in a Karate Gi, and seemed just as pumped as Mark was for the battle.

"Mark and Amber correct? I'm interested in how our unlikely matchups will do in the upcoming battle. Me and my partner are confident that our combo will wipe your team out in under six turns. I've already foreseen it." The Psychic said confidently. Fredrick kept silent, holding his Pokeball in hand and simply waiting for the battle to begin.

"She's just trying to Psyche us out... er, no pun intended." Mark stated. Rachel and Fredrick began by throwing out their Pokemon. On Rachel's side, was a Starmie, on Fredrick's side, was an Azumarill. Both water types... normally the case would be to use an electric type and be done with it but Mark had a feeling it wouldn't be so easy. The Azumarill had a strange looking vest on him.

"Alright, Lets go Commodore!" Mark said as he brought the Porygon-Z out to the field. As soon as it emerged, it gave off several glitchy moments, twisting its floating head around and starring down the opposing Pokemon. It looked over to the Starmie with particular interest. It seemed to be scanning it and downloading information on its defensive nature.

Amber stood nearby on the field, quickly taking what place she figured she was supposed to stand based on the battle she watched. Valor perched on her shoulder, taking in the scene and his opponents with a steady stream of clicks. Amber merely smirked at the confident attitudes of her opponents. "Yeah, that's us. Think you should get your vision checked though, cause there's no way we're gonna lose to you!" she boasted. Two could play at the taunting game.

Amber's smirk didn't falter as they sent out their Pokemon. It was certainly odd to send out two Pokemon of the same type, and she briefly considered sending out Twitch instead. Still, she wasn't quite sure if using such a recent capture would be smart thing to do. Besides, Valor already seemed to be analyzing the situation and preparing for battle.

Amber said nothing, only nodded. Valor grandly spread his wings, silently launching off her shoulder and onto the battlefield.

"Very well. Starmie, begin! Rain Dance!" It called out. Starmie began to spin around for a moment in a rythmatic fashion. After a few seconds, rain would begin to fall inside of the stadium. The area around the battle at least so the audiance didn't get wet... Mark saw the strategy now. That Aumarill was going to be powered up by that rain! A bit of a basic strategy but it certainly worked.

"Alright! Lets blast that Starmie to smithereens! Tri Attack!" Mark called out. Sure he coudl have used Signal beam, but thanks to Commodore's ability, the attack power of this move would be doubled! He was about to put on a show for the crowd! Commodore locked right onto his target and shot a tri colored beam straight toward the Starmie! Due to its rather low defenses and Commodores ridiculously high attack power, It would go down in one hit, creating a shockwave that would send a small vibration toward anybody that was close enough.

"Wha- Starmie!" The Psychic shouted out. Mark simply smirked at that.

"You got your setup out, but your down one Pokemon now. You should have used Rain Dance on something a little more bulky then that." Mark explained. The Psychic gave a small glare. The other two trainers still needed their Pokemon to attack.

The fighter was quick to act. "Azumarill! Waterfall! Now! Stop that Porygon!" It called out. The Azumarill was quick to act, rushing toward the opponent with a heavy stream of water and hitting Commodore for pretty heavy damage! It wouldn't stop Commodore from blasting that Azumarill next though!

"Hey Amber, if Valor has anything that could throw off that Azumarill that'd be great right now!" Mark said.

Valor watched closely, quickly plotting his next move, watching the two enemy Pokemon, clicking every few seconds. The last thing he registered was the trainer's command and the strange motion that might have been dancing before the sky fell. He jerked in midair, coming to an abrupt landing as he was hit with an explosion of sound, his "sight" blowing up into a mass of painful static with each collision of a raindrop against the battlefield. He shook himself, clicking wildly and trying in vain to regain any sense of sight amongst the white noise of the rain. Amber gasped, recognizing the problem immediately; if she could hear the rain, it must have been much worse for Valor's specially sensitive hearing.

"Uh, yeah, I'll get right on that!" she answered, trying not to let her nervousness show at the tough situation. Valor looked towards where he thought Mark, his words barely floating across through the nearly deafening rain. He needed to disorient it somehow, confuse it from its target, but how was he supposed to do that if he couldn't even see the target. Then again, if all that was needed was a distraction...

Valor let out a huge screech, drawing Azumarill's attention to his presence. The noise didn't really do anything except be a noise, but with luck, it would seem like it would do something. His presence now known, Valor lifted himself into the air with some effort against the rain, beating his wings hard to slowly create a strong draft. The winds began blowing strongly, a Tailwind now blowing from behind his team. That should help speed up things for his battle partner, not to mention drawing even more attention towards himself at the mysterious wind he was creating.

Tailwind was a welcome boost toward their team! That extra speed would definitely make a difference! Mark was even more confident they would make it through this battle without too much problems. The Psychic sent out her next Pokemon. This time, it was a Slowbro! Great something Tanky... water types seemed to be a bit of a theme here. The Azumarill did indeed get distracted by the oncoming attack, looking toward Valor.

"Alright blast that Azumarill! Tri Attack once more!" Mark called out. The Porygon would fire out yet another powerful blast at the Azumaril, with just as much power as before! When the tri colored beam hit the Azumrill however, it seemed to be unphased by the attack. It didn't do much damage at all if any!

"What the..." Mark wondered.

"That's no ordinary vest. That there is an Assault Vest. It protects against powerful special attacks like yours... at the cost of only being able to use attacking moves. Obviously not a problem thanks to my Partner's rain dance. That Starmie happened to be holding a Damp Rock as well, so don't expect this rain to fade anytime soon. Azumaril! Waterfall again on the Porygon!" Fredrick said, as the Azumarill once again charged straight toward Commodore, hitting him with a devastating attack and knocking it out cold. Commodore had a lot of power, but he was a lot more frail compared to his previous evolution. This team seemed focused on targeting Mark! Valor would likely be taken out easily...

"And now its time for us to make our move. Slowbro! Trick Room!" Rachel said. The tables were quickly turned. On top of the rain boosting Azumarill, now he would be much quicker compared to Mark and Amber! Mark needed to choose his next Pokemon carefully... he had to weaken that Azumarill fast! Or at the very least, stall till the rain faded away. The Tailwind would pretty much guarantee that the opponent would be striking faster and harder then ever!

When did students in this school get THIS good?!

"Amber, we gotta confuse that Azumarill. I know Zubats can learn confuse ray. Think you can try messing with its noggin? If we stall long enough for the rain to fade out, we might be able to get through without too much damage." Mark said as he reached for another Pokeball. "Go Kara!" Mark shouted as he sent out his Gligar, who would strike a pose and wink to the crowd. She was a bit of a showoff... it was down to Valor to change things. Mark was slowly adjusting to Double Battles.. the depth of strategy in this was much deeper then a single battle!

After Valor's move, the trick room would be in effect so this would have to count.

Amber narrowed her eyes as the reason for the odd apparel was revealed. A defense booster, huh? Along with that extra Rain Dance setup, it seemed they'd been thoroughly outplayed. Things only got worse with Trick Room, which took Amber a moment to understand. She'd never seen battling this technical; battle had always been quick and occasionally brutal, this level of strategy was almost unheard of. Luckily, Amber knew plenty of tricks that these students had probably never dreamed of. Whatever planned strategies they may have had, it could never beat raw experience and quick wits.

Amber frowned at Mark's pleas, not sure what she could do. Still, she had to do something. "Normally I could, but I don't think he can hear me over this rain!" she explained somewhat loudly. And even if he could hear her, telling the opponent's position to Valor would just allow them to more easily dodge the attack. She could tell Valor was beginning to lose his cool; he'd already landed once more, clicking around randomly. If he panicked now, there was no way he could help, even if he managed to hear over the downpour. He'd heard Mark before, so she was confident he could do it again if he focused. She began tapping her foot, appearing as if she was starting to get nervous. From the looks of her opponents, she was confident they didn't suspect a thing. The tapping was a steady rhythm, the vibrations traveling across the ground to her frantic, land-bound Pokemon.

Tap Tap Tap. Tap. Tap Tap Tap. Tap. Pause. Tap. Tap Tap Tap. Tap. Longer pause, filled with fake nervous fidgeting. Tap tap tap. Tap tap tap. Tap tap tap. Pause. Repeat.

"Valor, just go with what you feel! You know what to do, deep down inside! Just feel it!" she called loudly, struggling to pierce the white noise. Valor perked up, catching pieces of her speech, finding it odd that Amber would ever sound so... sappy. And then he felt it. Among the randomized vibrations of rain hitting the ground, he felt the pattern.

He flattened himself on the ground, wings spread to feel the repeating pattern, hiding his face from the other team. CR. 3. CR. 3. CR. 3., repeating over and over. With a start, he caught the message. Concealing his evil grin with the ground, he readied a Confuse Ray attack, building up the power for the perfect moment. Just when it seemed like he may have just given up, he jerked his head upward and to his right, releasing the move at a high speed directly to his 3 o'clock, where Azumarill stood.

The Azumarill would end up falling for the Confuse Ray attack, immediately becoming confused! This would hopefully give Mark a shot to deal with its item... Rachel was ready to make her move though, as Slowbro had become... well not so slow anymore.

"Hit that Zubat with Scald!" She said. The Slowbro was rather quick to react. Rather then moving sluggishly, it got right up and immediately shot a hot stream of water straight toward the Zubat.

The Azumarill however, seemed to stumble over due to the confusion, hitting itself. A perfect opening for Mark!

"Kara! Knock off!" Mark shouted. The Gligar quickly flew toward the Azumaril, hitting him with the blunt edge of his claw. Somehow, this powerful hit was able to knock the Azumaril's Assault vest right off, leaving him more vulnerable to special attacks now! The attack itself didn't do much damage though, thanks to the fairy typing.

Valor was knocked backwards as the Scald attack landed a direct hit, the boiling water seeming to seep into his skin and smolder continuously. The attack had done considerable damage, and it was clear he was no match for another attack like that. Not to mention the strange Trick Room attack had left him slow and sluggish, the polar opposite of the usual speedy and alert Zubat. This was his last shot to make an impact in the battle, and he planned to take it.

Aligning himself facing the direction the water seemed to come from, he launched blindly forward, flying straight towards the Slowbro. He opened his jaws for a Bite attack, sinking his teeth into the Pokemon. Using his momentum from his brief flight, he swung around the back of the Slowbro, pulling himself in close to its back. The attack itself was weakened from the burning in his muscles, but with luck the Slowbro would be unable to hit him if he clung to its back.

The Slowbrow, despite the trick room, didn't react to the pain immediately. It just kind of sat there with a blank look on his face before it decided to start swinging around. It then reached to grab what look like a small piece of food... leftovers to be exact. Once it took damage, the Slowbro took a bite and quickly recovered a small amount of health.

"Alright! Kara Return!" Mark shouted out. Time to play put his new Pokemon to the test! "Xerox! Go!" Mark called out. Out of the ball, came a Ditto! A Pokemon Mark had yet to reveal to any of his friends. It was time to really tip the scales now! The Ditto observed the situation, looking over to Azumarill in the distance. Immediately the ditto would change its shape and DNA structure to become exactly like the Azumarill in front if it.

"Ugh... Azumarill! Hit that impostor with Knock Off!" Fredrick said. The Azumarill held out his hands and lunged forward backhanding the Ditto. His Fairy Type was able to resist it now, and on top of that, Xerox wasn't holding an item. Mark never planned that far ahead. Why would he have to? He'd save it for the bigger battles!

"Slowbro! Shake that Zubat off of you! Psychic!" Rachel called out. The Slowbro concentrated on the Zubat behind him, attempting to lift it off of its back and attack it with a powerful psychic attack!

Valor clung on to the Slowbro as long as he could, struggling both against its wild, thrashing movements and the constant burning that was working its way through his muscles. He was helpless to stop it, however, as he felt himself being lifted by a strong, mysterious force. The last thing he felt was the sudden pain of the super-effective Psychic attack and the sensation of being launched before he fainted.

Amber gasped, quickly recalling Valor to his Pokeball before narrowing her eyes at her opponent, her face curled into a determined snarl. Everything their opponents had done had been perfectly planned, from the Rain Dance to the odd defensive item to the Trick Room. Well, it was time to throw in something a bit more... illogical to the mix. She grabbed and threw a Pokeball from her belt, the shine on the ball showing its newness.

A small, furry, yellow Pokemon flew from the ball and quickly began resembling a drowned Ratatta under the unrelenting rain. Two large eyes appeared amongst the fur, and they darted around to take in the surroundings. "Ooooooh a battle! Yay battle! Ohmygosh it's a rain battle! I'm battttlliinnng in the raaiiinnnn!~ Just baaaaatlinnnggg in the raiiinnn!~" Twitch sang, bouncing around in slow motion thanks to the Trick Room effect. Amber watched on in complete confusion; at least the complete illogical nature of her newly captured Joltik meant that her opponents wouldn't be able to predict her attacks.

Mark was also just as confused. Joltik was a bit of an odd choice but it would at least resist those pesky psychic attacks! If it was strong enough to resist... the ball she held looked new... was this a new capture? Either way, Mark's strategy didn't change. He'd just have to roll with it.

"Xerox, attack that Slowbro with Knock Off!" Mark shouted.

"Stop it with Psychic!" Rachel would counteract. The faster Slowbro was quick to blast the Ditto with a powerful Psychic attack, but thanks to Azumarill's natural bulk, he was able to take the hit, leaving Slowbro wide open to be whacked right across the face by a powerful Knock Off attack! His Leftovers were set aside and the attack was a lot more powerful then usual! The Slowbro began panting slowly, nearly reaching its limit.

Azumarill however was still under the effects of confusion, wobbling around and hitting itself right in the face!

Amber watched as the action seemed focused on Mark's Ditto, her tiny Joltik all but forgotten. She grinned; a super-effective hit from Joltik should regain their attention, but by then it'd be far too late for them to counterattack. "Alright Twitch, hit 'em with Electroweb!" she called out, breaking from her usual battling style to properly aid her new Pokemon.

Twitch was happy to oblige, skittering towards the Slowbro. With a final leap into the air, she let loose a large, net-like string of webs at the opposing Pokemon. The webs crackled with energy, sparks of electricity dancing across its surface as it flew threw the air. While the slowing effect would be of little use, the electricity would do quite a bit of damage to the Water-type Pokemon.

The Slowbro would be wrapped around the electric web, struggling to break out, however once he was hit by the electric shock, The Slowbro was quickly knocked out, leaving only the Azumarill left to battle.

"Alright! Lets take him down Xerox!" Mark called out. Xerox rushed toward the other Confused Azumarill. However at the same time, the opponent snapped out of confusion, countering with a Waterfall attack of its own. The two Azumarill would end up in a clash. Two powerful streams of water collided with each other as both attempted to push the other back.

Twitch stared at the two clashing Waterfall attacks, oooohing and aaahhhing at the spectacle. It took several moments before it finally kicked in that she should probably help, as it didn't look as if either side was going to give in. Deciding to just Electroweb all the things, Twitch darted towards the two clashing Pokemon, firing another web at the opposing Azumarill.

"Xerox! Fall back!" Mark called as the Electroweb was fired. The Ditto stepped back,causing the Azumarill to tumble over. This left him an open target for the incoming Electroweb, which was enough to trap him, and finally, finish off the Azumarill.

Rachel and Fredrick both fell to their knees. "Blast... that was all of our Pokemon..." The two said. Were they new? Or just limited to which Pokemon were available to them at the time? Either way... a victory was a victory!

"Good job Xerox! You to Twitch!" Mark said with a grin as he looked over to Amber. "Not bad there. We were able to coordinate pretty well. Heh." Mark complimented.

Twitch bounced up and down in glee as they won the battle. "Yay! We did it!" she exclaimed in delight. Amber grinned at the victory before pulling out Twitch's ball and recalling her. Using Twitch turned out surprisingly well for being a brand new capture.

Amber couldn't help raising an eyebrow in surprise, however. They only had three Pokemon? Not to mention they only had Water-types. She sneered, unable to resist a final jab at their overconfident opponents. "Over already? Heh, comeback when you've got a real team," she said. "Don't feel too bad though; your little 'prediction' was almost right. We beat you in six turns exactly," she remarked with an over-exaggerated sweetness.

Amber rolled her eyes and tilted her head slightly upwards and away from Mark haughtily. "Yeah, sure. Don't think this changes anything," she said, crossing her arms. It would take more than a lame compliment and a battle to convince her he was worth her time.

Mark grinned. "Heh, nah I doubt it would. Still, good luck in the rest of the tournament." Mark said with a nod before heading back to the lobby to preapre for his next battle. He hoped no more weird stuff would happen. He wanted to do a one on one fight!

Back