• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pok?mon Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pokemaster

General Grievous = badass
    Years
    Merlin stopped his attack as the thunderbolt came towards him, and in an amazing show of flexibility despite his age, leaned right back, head touching the floor, as the attack went over him, after it had past, he flipped backwards yet more into a handstand, spun around, legs out-stretched, and dismounted perfectly onto his feet.

"Merlin. Freestyle." Dex said loudly, Merlin nodded.

A double team began from Merlin, surrounding Agile in 20 or so blurred images of Merlin running around him, every so often, an image would suddenly lash out into the middle of the circle, attempt a swift kick, punch or other physichal blow, and dash back into the opposite side of the circle, keeping the effect going.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Skye looked on in amazement as Merlin executed some pretty impressive physical attacks. Skye smiled. So he wanted to play the martail arts game...

"Agile, charge up, and get ready to use your modified thunderpunch!" Skye said, and winced as Agile was struck by one of Merlin's attacks. Agile seemed to draw back, inside her little body, charging up her electricity.

Skye watched Agile dodge the attacks from Merlin, hoping Dex wouldn't call another psychic attack on her while Agile was charging up. Agile looked ready now, so Skye gave the command.

"Agile, speed punching drill!" Skye called into the arena.

Agile took another blow from Merlin, which weakened her considerably, but then her fists and feet were flying in all directions, unplanned, and random, so Merlin could not predict or read her mind. Skye smiled, hoping that Dex would be at least mildly suprised. Agile had earned her black belt along with Skye a few years ago, and it was neat to see her skills put to good use.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    Nat reluctantly pulled the sketch back out and allowed Ali to look it over. She had given her wordto Mew, no one could know it was living right outside the Academy....

The Pokemaster

Years
    Merlin was hit by the punch, and reeled, the blurred effect around Agile stopping, he stopped in mid-air, floating in a layed back pose, he then suddenly spun upright, and slammed his hands down onto a grip on Agiles shoulders.

"Now for our secret attack! go merlin!" Dex yelled.

Merlins hand glowed Purple for a moment, and then stopped, merlin took his hands off Agile and backflipped 3 times, catching his Cane on the ground the 2nd time, and landed on his feet a little while back. Dex smirked under his mask, the trap was sprung...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Skye looked confused by Merlin's attack. It didn't appear to do any damage. Agile looked just as puzzled. She looked back at Skye impatiently for a command.

"Let's try your agility, doubled with your thunderpunch!" Skye called.

Agile took off towards Merlin, running in a random zig zag in an effort to confuse him. Sparks flying from her cheeks, she leapt at Merlin with a great deal of power, a great ball of electrical energy growing around her tiny fist...

The Pokemaster

Years
    Merlin Grinned, widely for all to see, the sort of grin that you dont want to see on an opponent, he side stepped the approaching punch, and as Agile took another swing, he teleported, reapearing right next to Agile, he floated past the pokemon, but not before uttering into her ear.

"Feeling weak?....You should, I just hit you with a modified Toxic attack..."

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Agile blinked as the Toxic attack began to take effect, draining much of her energy. Skye knew that she didn't have much time left before Agile would faint. She had a strategy though, one she and Agile had been working on for a long time...

"Agile, you know what to do!" Skye called into the arena. "Fill this place with as much electricity as you can! Do what you have to do! This will be your last attack!"

Skye looked on tensely as Agile charged up, and released a powerful thunderbolt, using the last of her energy.

The Pokemaster

Years
    "Merlin, you know what to do!" Dex said suddenly as the electricity filled the room.

Merlin nodded, and seemed to just stand there, the thunderbolt hit him full force, seemingly doing huge amounts of damage, as the smoked cleared, there was a very damaged Merlin in the middle of it, scarred beyond belief, he clutched at arm and fell to his knees, but then..started to stand, his scars starting to heal, as the full effect of his Recover move payed off for him big time. Dex looked to Skye.

"Very well done, You almost had Merlin with that move if not for his Recover, you probably would have done, but it takes more than brute power to defeat a pokemon that can heal itself." he said with a hint of happiness, Skye was a lot stronger than he ever thought, and was putting up a massive fight, was it going to be over soon? he would be dissapointed if it was so, but all good things had to end, he clicked his fingers and Merlin took a ready stance, preparing for Agile to make another move.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    As the smoke cleared, Skye looked at Merlin in suprise as he began to heal himself. Agile on the other hand, lay exhausted on the ground. Skye winced as she looked at her Pikachu, who looked at her with utmost respect and determination.

"It's okay, Agile!" Skye called. "You did well! Come on back!"

Agile would not admit defeat. She shook her head at Skye, and wailed at her defiantly. Willing herself to stand, she shook with the strain, and looked at Merlin with as menacing an expression as a Pikachu can manage.

"Agile, don't!" Skye cried. "You'll hurt yourself!"

"Chu!" Agile exclaimed defiantly. She had lost her first battle earlier this year. She was not going to loose this one. She looked at Skye for an order, her muscles tense, but shaking.

"Agile..." Skye said, with a look of pride on her face. She was worried sick, but knew Agile could make her own decisions. "Recover may not have healed him all the way...Agile, do it again! The most powerful thunderbolt you can manage! You can do it!"

Agile nodded, though she looked exhausted. She charged up some more energy into her red cheeks, puffing them out emphatically. She launched herself into the air as best she could, and released another powerful thunderbolt, and then she fell to the ground, barely concious.

Skye could not see her, since the room was clouded with smoke. She waited for the smoke to clear once more, her expression tight and worried.

The Pokemaster

Years
    "NO! control your pokemon! Battling further is too dangerous!" Dex yelled, then saw the incoming attack.

"Blast it! Merlin, escape technique Omega!" He yelled out once again,

Merlin grabbed his cane in the middle, and started spinning it around, with one huge warm up, he swung it across, striking the electric attack, it put up a lot of resistance, channeling itself into the cane, but Merlin was able to re-direct the move, and it was flung in the direction of the ceiling, out of the smoke, Dex ran out, taking a bottle of Hyper potion out of his pocket as he did so, he slided the last few meters on his knees and sprayed the pokemon with the potion, acting as if every second counted. Merlin looked up at the ceiling, and then hobbled over on his cane to Dex and Agile, and put a hand to her head and nodded.

"She'll be ok..." he said psychichally, the Toxic may have taken her out a little too much, do you have an Antidote my son?" the Alakazam said with a little concern.

Dex responded by pulling out an andidote and using that too, and looked up at Skye.

"Skye...my apologies, We didnt mean to go this far..." he said quietly

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Skye rushed over to the scene, along with Professor Leen, who looked mildly worried. Skye sighed with relief as Dex applied some potion and an antidote to Agile, who began to breathe normally again.

"Thanks, Dex," she said softly, lifting Agile into her arms gingerly. She saw how concerned he was about the match, but dismissed it with a shake of her head. She smiled. "It's okay. Agile should have known better."

"Chu...!" Agile said defiantly, still protesting Skye's warnings.

Professor Leen left to check on a few more students, and the bell rang shortly after. Skye looked over at Dex, as she gathered her books with one arm, Agile in the other.

"Thanks for the battle," she said, even though she was slightly disappointed with the loss. "Merlin is really strong. You must both be really proud."

She peered at his mask, almost curiously. She wished she could see his real face. It was hard to read his emotions when she couldn't even see them. A smile soon replaced her curious expression, and Agile let out a sigh.

"I'll see you at lunch then?" she asked them both.

The Pokemaster

Years
    Merlin chuckled out loud psychichally.

"My dear, I am not strong, I am merely fast, very very fast..."

"The clan of Abras I was raised by is famous for its blinding speed." Dex explained. "We live in an area shared with a group of Scyther, and when they came, we needed to learn to be fast, and well...fast." he continued with a slight chuckle. "Merlins punches and kicks are glancing blows at best, but then, well, everytime Merlin seemed to punch or kick agile, he was actually punching or kicking around 20 times in a split second, so fast that it looked like only one attack."

"Toxic was merely a move we implemented into the strategy, we knew I would be fast enough to hit with the attack, and avoid all other blows until it took full effect, but I believe we went a little Over-Plank with this one." Merlin ended happily

"Father, the saying is "Going over-Board" not over-plank.." Dex said arms folded.

"Really? Humans, even though my son is one, I think ill never truly understand them." Merlin said with a smile. "Now We should answer Skyes question, I believe she asked for a date at lunch-time." Merlin almost laughed.

"Father! we're just meeting at dinner time, its not a date!" Dex said quickly, the red eyes on his mask seemed to mimic what his own eyes would be like under-neath, and at this point they looked severely embarassed. He turned to Skye, coughed uneasily and spoke. "Yes, Id Love..I mean, it would be great to meet you for Lunch..I mean! at the lunch-room at lunch..ahem.." he ended kinda lamely.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Skye chuckled at Dex and Merlin, her eyes mischevious and all-knowing. Agile giggled softly in her left arm, while her pile of books in her right arm wanted very much to tumble out. She shifted them slightly, securing her grip on them, and looked over at Dex.

"I'll see you then," she chuckled, and headed towards her next class.

Years
    Ali gazed at the sketch, finding it hard to believe that it was something Nat had done on her own without a model. The colours she had used, and the thickness of the feathered lines all looked as if they tied together in perfect harmony, no part of the style clashed with the other.

"That's… That's really good…" He said to Nat, his head loosely hung over the sketch with his hand buried within his hair.
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Julia looked out the window to see that the whole group was miles high above the clouds, and even more the ocean. Greatly anticipating the landing of the plane, she continued to read her book.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    "Thanks," she mumbled, a bit worried still.

She looked over the drawing. It was pretty amazing. She noticed a bit of could she had missed, and the yellow of the original paper was showing through. She grabbed her white pencil and gave it a couple of quick strokes.

"There," she said, now satisfied.

The Pokemaster

Years
    OOC: I am, lets continue our little story.

After Dinner, Merlin was waiting alone at the table that Skye and Dex usually met at, he leaned on his cane for support and waited for her Arrival, Dex was no-where in sight, the Alakazam sighed to himself.

"I wonder If he'll finish before She gets here?" he asked himself.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Skye arrived at lunch to find Merlin sitting all by himself. She smiled at him, and took a seat across from him. Agile jumped off her shoulder, and munched on some poke pellets hungrily.

"Hello, Merlin," Skye said softly.

She tried to look around the room for Dex without appearing obvious. Finally, as he was no where in sight, she looked at the Alakazam in confusion.

"Do you know where Dex is?" she asked.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    "That would be great," Skye said, getting up from the table. Agile grabbed a few more poke pellets and climbed into Skye's shoulder bag. "Should we bring him something to eat?"

She ordered herself a yogurt parfait for herself to go, and looked at Merlin to see if he agreed with her idea, and also for what Dex would want to eat...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back