• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Adventure: Buhar Region OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    The Pokemon Adventure: Buhar Region OOC (Currently Accepting SUs!)

So this is where you're guy's profiles will go as well as any questions, comments, complaints and move changes. We are also accepting SUs!

Current Players and Location
    Currently in need of a Bulbasaur Trainer!
    Currently in need of a Chimchar Trainer!
    Currently in need of a Totodile Trainer!
    VIII.Bond Of Flame.XIV: Marsh Road
    Lucciola: Marsh Road (Has been warned)
    Zeta Dimentio: Fishing Outpost
    Lugia-a: Marsh Road
    Damn Swifty: Hatchery Village (Has been warned)

Completed Chapters
    Steel City Arc
    Chapter 1: Complete
    Chapter 2: Complete
    Chapter 3: In Progress

Last edited:

Lucciola

Vibing with the music
    Years
    Lucciola Avalon
    Spoiler:

Pokémon: Trapinch - male Lv 5, Yanma - female Lv 2

Items: Pokedex, 4 Pokeballs

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Viola, c'est ca!

Odette Judith Doyle
    Spoiler:

Pokemon:

Meowth

Level: 6
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Pickup
    Attacks: Scratch, Growl, Bite

Feebas

Type: Water
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Attacks: Splash

Items:

Pokedex
    Pokeball (x5)

Last edited:
    Years
    Lucian Aridale:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon:

Elekid
    Type: Electric
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Static
    Attacks: Quick Attack, Leer

Magikarp
    Level: 5
    Nature: Rash

Items:
    Pokedex
    Pokeball (x4)

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Name: Kyle Laurel (Get Back!)

Sex: Male

Day of Birth: September 20th

Appearance: Kyle is a child of a middle-class family, and as such, he must dress accordingly. For his journey, he is wearing a dark brown Norfolk Jacket, so that he isn't as restricted as he would be normally, and gray trousers. He is also wearing a brown bowler hat as well. He is wearing a gray waistcoat under his Norfolk jacket. His shoes are brown as well, and tougher to withstand the harsh roads.

Kyle himself isn't that bad looking. His skin is somewhat pale, but he doesn't burn in the sun, like others of his complexion. His hair is light-brown, and has been cut short as well, so it wouldn't get in his way. He also wears glasses, and its lenses are ovular in shape. His eyes are a bright blue, and his ears are somewhat large for his head. Kyle is about 4'10" tall, which is pretty short for a man of his age, always having to rely on others to get stuff for him. His frame is fairly thin as well. He isn't fat, nor is he muscular, only thin. His legs are short and thin, while his arms are a little long for how tall he is. His fingers are long as well. His fingernails aren't really kept up, so they look dirty.

He also wears a bracelet on his left arm, it is made of gold, and inscribed inside, away from view, are the words Kyle and Elise, symbolizing a relationship at his home. He also has a mark on his hat, due to something that happened with some paint before.

Personality: Kyle is an overall light-hearted person, who likes to rough it in the wilderness, which is why he finds pokemon training to be an appealing career. He also attempts to charm women with his words, but more often then not, he fails. Even having a wife, he still flirts, but is not serious in his attempts. To men, he acts cocky, confident, so that he can feel better about himself, while showing off his skills to others.

Kyle is a braggart as well, telling people about the things he did, even if no one's listening. He is afraid of large bodies of water, and does not want much to do with it, and another fear of his is to be locked up in prison, but he is not afraid to jump head first into a battle. A lot of people see this as a sign of stupidity, but he sees it as a sign of valor. To his wife, he is always kind and attempts to refrain from his flirtation, but he can't help himself at times. Despite his apparent attraction with every good-looking woman, he is indeed drawn to his wife the most.

History: Kyle was born to the Laurel family, a middle-class family that usually sent their kids on a journey, to let them collect money through battling others, and as soon as they settle down, they normally begin to work in crafts, like painting or metalworking. Chris was taught to paint at a young age, and is quite adept at it, not the best, but his paintings can sell. But with that, he hasn't had much time to see other people. He attempted to learn metalworking, but he couldn't get the grasp of it, so they taught him to paint. His older brother, Christopher Laurel who is but three years older then him always mocked him for being unable to do the family's metalworking, but as he got older, the taunts came less and less, and finally, three years ago, he went out on his own journey.

Kyle painted pictures to sell to people for money, earning quite a bit for his family, but despite his love for painting, he still wanted to go on a journey, partly to live outside, but partly to defeat his brother at something that they both could be good at. However, before he could go on his journey, he was told to stay so that they could solidify some sort of monetary position, or even make it into upper-class, so he stayed. At about the age of twelve, he met a girl named Elise, and she was of a middle-class family. They got to know each other, and eventually, Kyle was married to her, and at the age of seventeen, became a father of a pair of twins. Now Kyle is waiting to go on his journey, and to face his brother.

Three days before he went out, he received a letter from his brother, challenging him about a year later, which caused Kyle to get more excited about training. He felt sad to leave his family, but if he could win his challenge, he would be able to support his family better.

Pokemon:

Ralts
    Type: Psychic
    Ability: Synchronize
    Attacks: Growl, Confusion.

Magikarp

Items:

Pokedex
    Pokeball (x3)

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years

Name: Kristopher 'Kris' Lucian

Appearance: Kris stands at six feet one inch, with solid grey eyes and short black hair gelled to one side, but still spiking up slightly. He has an easy complexion from spending an equal amount of his time outside as well as indoors. Upon his torso he wears a red dinner jacket, which extends past his waist at the back and ends in two points. This is worn over the top of a clean black button-up shirt with long sleeves, around his chest there is a copper ring which acts as protection from most weapons. He doesn't wear it for fear of being attacked; he simply saw other people wearing it and decided to add it to his ensemble.

Moving on, Kris wears a pair of simply black dress pants to match his shirt. A short silver chain is attached to one of his belt loops and links to another one further along. His shoes are a pair of slick leather dress shoes with pointed toes, no laces, and slightly raised heels. Hanging from his neck is a pair of goggles, made mostly from copper, leather, and, of course, thick glass for the lenses.​

Personality: Despite his parents being peasants and growing up in poverty, with barely enough food to survive, Kris speaks with a sophisticated tone of voice. It's as if he were raised by the king himself. This is Kris' way of growing up and leaving the thought of his childhood behind him as he progresses into adulthood. This is also the reason why he has chosen to go on this Pokémon journey, to better mature himself for the world.

Kris is a kind and thoughtful young man, but can easily become hostile if you get on his bad side or deprave him of something he yearns for. He's willing to help those in need, but usually expects thanks in return. With lots of upper body strength from growing up on a farm, and also plenty of leg muscle, Kris isn't someone you'd want to make your enemy. Best to just show him respect and not make him angry.​

History: As stated before, Kris lived on a farm with his mother and father. That's where he was born and that's where he grew up, this is the first time he's been away from home. Back then, all Kris' life consisted of was helping his father chop wood and hauling it back to the house, getting fresh water from the well, and ploughing the earth to get ready for the wheat which they grew. He'd also help his mother with small tasks from time to time, such as; making bread, sweeping, and washing clothes.

As much as Kris hated doing this, he knew someday he'd be able to get away from all of it and make something of himself. His mother told him to stop dreaming, saying, 'Only people in the royal family make it in life. The best you can hope to be is a stepping stone for them.' This didn't deter Kris; instead, it made him angry. Kris didn't like being told to stop trying to better himself and just accept his life as a peasant. He knew that one day he'd succeed. That's why, when Professor Cotton sent out the notice that he was handing out Pokémon to new trainers, Kris leapt at the opportunity.​

Pokémon
    Bagon

Type: Dragon
    Ability: Rock Head
    Attacks: Rage, Bite

Items

Pokédex
    Pokéball (5)

Last edited:

iPochama

loving pokemon tcg on gameboy.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Zimvee, how could you evolve a feebass in this time?

And hold on, just getting my SU.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    The problem with Pokemon like Milotic is that it's always so difficult to battle with them as they need water...

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    To Lugia-a: Yeah well it'll kinda be like the Stadium games. They'll just kinda float there. Or something like that.
    To Bond of Flame: Electabuzz will evolve into Electivire when it reaches Level 45. Thats it.

iPochama

loving pokemon tcg on gameboy.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Am I allowed to camp on the route? I was planning on failing at catching a feebass in my first post and then trying to actually succeed on the next post?

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    Thats fine with me. I don't really tell you where you have to be at a certain time. If you wanted you can make your character stay on the route for like 10 days. (Not that you'd want to, its just an example.)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Just to prepare all of you, Odette's Pokemon are all gonna be extremely girly and pretty xD

Years
    Awesome, Magikarp =3 So I noticed when you graded you didn't put the nature like with Elekid. Does that mean I'm free to decide?

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    Ok i was going to wait until someone posted, hint hint, but with Christmas only two days away I thought I would let you guys off the hook. I will probally only be able to get a few times on Christmas Eve and definitly won't be on Christmas. So you can post today, tomorrow, and the day after christmas. Seriously guys, we need people to start posting again! Have a Merry Christmas!

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Name: Chao Rishin

Appearance: Chao stands at height of about five feet and two inches with a medium muscle-lacking build. His black hair is short and matted down with an english top-hat. His eyes are black and slanted off to the sides and his chin is hairless and smooth.

For the most part Chao has adopted the victorian style of the Buhar region. He wears a white vest and brown pants topped by a tall black coat. His shoes are black to match his outfit and in his pocket he carries a small pocket watch.

Personality: Chao is hot-headed, rash, and almost way to curious for his own good. It was those three traits in the first place that caused him to leave his homeland. He is the type of person who often acts before he thinks which often causes him to run into trouble. His temper also tends to get the best of him and he often finds himself sticking his nose into other people's buisness.

Chao's ambitions are what drive him to perform his best. It is because of this that he brands many people as his rivals in order to push himself. He furthermore will never give in to any challenge unless confronted with no other option.

History: Chao was born in a distant Asian country. He lived a pretty mediocre childhood in a modest town until he was fifteen and decided that village life was too bland. From then Chao began edging towards the sea and shortly after his sixteen birthday he decided to cross it and reach the Buhar region while serving as an indentured servant.

In the Buhar region he served five years under a wealthy retired merchant where he learned to speak english. During his work in the manor he also learned to respect the merchant's work and when he had earned his freedom he set out to become a merchant. He undertook the role of taking care of a pokemon so he could survey and learn about the trade patterns of the land while receiving the protection of having a pokemon.

Roleplay Sample: (I am creating something randomly made as I am constantly improving and feel that there is no "current" example of my writing at the moment)

The wind fluttered past Jake's hair as the ship began to sail away. Tears filled his eyes, but he did not know why. Was it the wind or was it her? He smirked at the thought and tossed his hair slightly with his left hand. Of course she had touched him and Jake knew that now his heart could never be as cold as it once was. "Captain! Full speed towards the next harbor!" he shouted with the strength of his ambitions even though inside his heart drowned in deep melancholy. The captain edged towards the wheel and glided his fingers across the smooth surface of the wheel. He had already begun to straighten his position when a voice took stopped him. "Wait!" the young woman's voice echoed to the dock and proliferated. Jack immediately turned around and he met the eyes of the woman that he loved waiting at the minuscule dock. "Jake, I won't forgive you if you don't come back! So you better!" Marissa shouted at him with a bit of a quiver and her usual dour expression. Jack paused. A smile lit his face and the tears became a stream. "Al, set her off…" Jack spoke softly. The ship began pulling farther away and Jack just smiled back at the unyielding Marissa.

Starter Pokémon: Chimchar

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    EDIT: Eh, I'll post it anyways.

Spoiler:

Okay, I know that if I get the Wild Card, then my Pokemon has to be a type that isn't listed, but there are so many Normal-types and Eevee can evolve into anything but Normal, so if I get the Wild Card, can I keep it? Also, I modified its movepool a bit to give me a bit of fair ground since Eevee learns moves every seven levels. I also added the move Shadow Ball becuase, well I always see Eevee with that move and its a kind of personal preference.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back