• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Pokemon Bug Catching competition discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

System!

HM....................... .....
Years
  • My greatest memory was catching a Scyther and winning the contest. I remembered that in one of the contests, even though I caught a Pinsir, I lost against a higher-levelled Metapod. Needless to say, I wasn't fond of Pinsir or Metapod after that.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    not really...

why dont we discuss it...

What was your greates memory about the bug catching contest?

because in the past week 3 threads just like this have popped up, and in the past week, they have all been closed within a day
    there is already an official bug catching contest discussion thread

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
  • because in the past week 3 threads just like this have popped up, and in the past week, they have all been closed within a day
    there is already an official bug catching contest discussion thread

If they close it they close it...big deal...
    now we are discussing our past experiences in the contests

EDIT: I changed the post title...

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    If they close it they close it...big deal...
    now we are discussing our past experiences in the contests

EDIT: I changed the post title...

you mean like in the old games? i caught a butterfree in crystal
    oh, and a syther..... that's all

Last edited:

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
  • I never went to the Bug Catching contest very often....just went to complete my Pokedex >.>
    /me waits for this topic to be moved

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • I loved the Bug Catching Contest. I remember riding the bike from Olivine just to compete in the Bug Catching Contest. That was pretty fun. It was like the Safari Zone but much more meaningful in a way.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Bug-catching contest threads merged, yo.

I personally wonder if the prizes will remain the same (e.g. 1st was the Sun Stone, etc). One that may change would be the Gold Berry - well, that will definately change, but I wonder if it will necessarily be replaced by the Sitrus Berry?

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
  • I'm just going to enjoy competing in something weekly, and having fun with it. Something GenIV clearly wasn't thinking of.

Fun? Maybe you don't know, This is Pokemon. Serious business. No fun here XP
    Also, nice bash on Gen IV there.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Bug types are one of the best types, and extremely underrated. I'm gonna have a Heracross or Scizor in my team. Haven't decided which yet. Leaning towards Heracross though.

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
  • I actually do not like the idea of this competition but it will be a good thing in the games because it will make bug pokemon catching more exciting....

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I loved this competition back in the old Johto days. I'm definetley going to enjoy the graphical enhancments and hopefully there will be some differences from the original. I'm also hoping Scyther still resides there, it was the Pokemon that always helped me win the competition.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    That's kinda like the contest in Pal Park

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back