• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The 'Pokemon Following You' Discussion Thread

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Wouldn't a gyarados or a groudon or a onix be much bigger than only one space? or a fish pokemon, how would that even move?maybe it doesnt move at all, but only changes space...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Didn't Giratina cover like half the screen in Platinum and Dialga and Palkia weren't small fries either, Arcues didn't seem that big but in the movie trailer he seems as big as them

Lance

I think it's nice idea,and I want that my Gardevoir will follow me,even if it would not be in first slot. :)

Years
    Wouldn't a gyarados or a groudon or a onix be much bigger than only one space? or a fish pokemon, how would that even move?maybe it doesnt move at all, but only changes space...

You forgot to mention Wailord, dude. It's the biggest Pokemon in any of the games. xD

I'm guessing pokemon with no actual legs will just float along and no matter how big they are, and all Pokemon will just take up the same amount of space as the player.

Jordan...

Hello :D
    Years
    Im guessing that water pokémon such as wailord/magicarp will only be able to follow you on water.

Ive also noticed that they dont stand still when they're following you. Maybe its just chikorita.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
    I really hope so. If for nothing else, so I could see what it would look like to surf on a Magikarp.

Magikarp can't learn surf T-T

Although seriously, it'd be pretty stupid if you had the overworlds following you then still surfed on the back of a wailmer.

Ermm, plus what about Snorlax? Dude that thing doesn't really move.

Obviously they will just walk on land much like we saw lapras.

Offtopic: Sup kyle :3

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    I love this feature, and cant wait for my starter, chikorita, to follow me everywhere, and hopefully develop a personality and love for me(the trainer) lol
    also, i think what would be cool, and i think they might have done it is, since it would be too much work, was, to make whatever pokemon who has learned surf in your team to be shown, while surfing, i mean, if you go to serebii, and see the pic of tyranitar using rock smash. so i dont know if that maybe hints to anything.

(P.S. this made more sence in my head then in writing. lol)

Back