• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
  • HoTa? well that sucks I thought everyone was at Sliph. I had that as part of my plan coming up. (randomling was going to have Sliph co. be the producers of Ranger stylus. oh well.) I'll post tommarrow I should be asleep by now with school and waht naught.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Is it too late to join? If it isn't, might I be able to reserve a spot? I can start my SU tonight, but I have to finish some papers for school, so I might have to finish my SU tomorrow.

It is not. c: There are student spots open in Suicune and Raikou dorm and three teacher spots open. Consider yourself reserved.

~SelRedman~

Alternative account :)
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2011
    Okay so, some LOVELY person in California (I'm going to hunt them down and hurt them) has attempted to hack my SelenaStar account and so has left it all weird ¬_¬

So this is my alternative account until my normal account gets fixed...(I miss it)

Therefore, when random posts from this account start appearing, it's still me, Selena :)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • having beaten myself senseless tryign to figure out what he heck to do next I've come up with one and only one answer. I'm gonna wait until you all get back to school. I feel that if I try to join in here I'll jsut end up screwing things up for everyone and that is not a risk I'm willing to take. I will return once normal schooling begins again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Speaking of being gone for a while...holy crap, I was not ready for this kind of fast pace. I haven't seen such a post rate since that one time I joined a text fighting tournament on Gaia.

NPCed Cynthia slightly, hope nobody minds.

Dawn

Years
  • @Jasonwolf: There's no garauntee that's happening within the next RL week, though I'd personally like it to. ;(

@LawOfTheLand: Didn't I tell you? Eh? Eh?~

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • Are you still accepting SU's if so, I'll sign up for the Raikou Dorm's free spot.
    But I'll probably take a while making the SU so can it be reserved?

Dawn

Years
  • Well, yeah, it can, but not for "a while" .-.

Reservations last 3 days. Consider yourself reserved, I suppose.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • It isn't finished yet. I gotta go somewhere now, so I'll finish it later.

Name: Tyrant Storm

Nickname:

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance:
    747421-cloak_super.jpg

Note: He owns a sword. Don't worry, it's normally in it's sheath.
    Personality: Tyrant is quiet at times, and tends to simply watch others do things from a distance. He doesn't really like battle too much, but he would still accept a challenge. Tyrant is shy on a slight level, and thinks he can't make friends. He considers his pokemon as the only family he has left. Although, Tyrant normally rushes into a situation without too many details, and does have the tendency to forget something when he's caught up in an important task. He doesn't care if people think he's weird since he knows he isn't. He doesn't really trust anybody, so he hides his face with the hood of his cloak. He'll only reveal his face to somebody he can trust with his life.

History: Tyrant lived a...somewhat usual life filled with visits to his uncle's house, swordsman training, and running around with his Eevee. Tyrant rarely saw his parents, and spent nearly every day at his uncle's house since he was six. About two years later, Tyrant's parents were home more often, and Tyrant got to know them a bit in between their constant buisiness trips. Soon, they didn't return again. Tyrant persumed they were dead. He then went and lived with his uncle until he finished his training. His uncle went to a job three days later, and never returned, leaving Tyrant alone once again. After his uncle's death, Tyrant went looking around for some useful things until he found a bunch of papers on the Pokemon Trainer Academy, thinking he could improve his pokemon training skills, so he began training his Eevee. After a few months when his Eevee grew stronger, he used a Water Stone on it to evolve his Eevee into a Vaporeon. The two continued to train until he found an Espeon trapped in a burning building. He risked his life and was nearly killed, but he saved the Espeon's life. Soon, after more training, Tyrant headed for the Pokemon Trainer Academy, hoping he would become a better trainer.

Species: Vaporeon
    Nickname: Vapor
    Personality:
    Level: 20
    Moves:

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Hngh. Now there's some kind of formal event before these kids are to go back to the academy? When was this in the itinerary?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Well, I got into this after the beginning, and Yellow said Jonah was probably here on business unrelated to the trip anyway. Cut an old man a little slack, will ya? (I'm 26.)

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • Oh man, sorry!!! I was on the tube whilst writing that message, didn't realise how it read back...no idea how the first ellipsis got in there (I blame autocorrect and shaky fingers) - didn't mean for it to look like such a snarky comment...eesh, that's embarrassing...

Either way, yeah, it's been part of the trip all along. Perhaps Jonah could be on a HoTa-related business trip..? Get in on the action??

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • Name: Gen Valdrauth Esis
    Nickname: Genny
    Dorm: Raikou Dorm
    Appearence: Gen is about 1,6 M tall and has short white hair.He has brown eyes that are quite large for his age. He isn't particularly skinny but also not very bulky. In short, he is your average 13 year old kid. He usually wears a T-Shirt with a pokeballl logo on it and blue jeans that are a bit to long for his legs. Ocassionally he wears a little bracelet that has a picture of a Vanillite, Dewott and Joltik, the 3 pokemon he has .His skin color is a pale olive color and has thin eyebrows.

Personality: Gen is a very active and curious person. He is so curious that people around get annoyed because he always bugs them about something or asking questions about what they are doing or what they are holding in their hands. But despite being very happy most of the time, he gets frustrated easily when he is forced to do something or does something particularly annoying to him. But when he does get frustrated, he usually gets over it quickly and goes about doing something else, something silly or something others think would be crazy.

If he meets a person who is particularly cruel or uncaring to others, he will be quite angry and will not take the person kindly, oftenly injuring the person. When he is tired his personality switches drastically, almost totally. He will be very lazy and will refuse to do most things, other than sleeping or lying down on his bed. Gen has 1 thing he hates the most, people who treats others or pokemon like tools or something like it. If Gen happens to meet someone like this, he will go absolutely beserk, He becomes very agressive and will attack the person without any further thought.

History: Genny grew up in Driftveil city where he got his first pokemon, Vanillite as a gift from his dad after succesfully catching it. He caught it with help from his dad and his dad's Torkoal. He started thinking about becoming a trainer when he was 7 after seeing a Snivy and Joltik battle in his backyard. He was fascinated when the tiny Joltik beat the Snivy that was significantly larger than it. His dad came to him and asked if he wanted that Joltik in addition to his Vanillite. He nodded happily and with help from his dad's Magby, he succesfully caught it. Back then he was different from now as his mom had been ill for quite some time. But after she recovered Genny was the happy and somewhat carefree person he is now. Though Genny likes pokemon in general, he doesn't like any crocodile-like pokemon he finds, as he was assaulted by a group of Sandile long ago, and it left him with a trauma, a bad one. After the event, Gen didn't recover for about a week and the trauma never faded away.

Before he got Oshawott, Joltik and Vanillite were his best friends, along with some other people from his neighbourhood. He got Oshawott when he was 10, he then started to train the 3, until one day Oshawott evolved into Dewott. After sometime, he heard about the Trainer Academy and decided he will join the Academy, now 13 his parents allowed him. So of he went to the Trainer Academy.

Team:

Shock (Male Joltik)

Personality: Shock hardly likes his pokeball. He stays inside only when he's really tired or there's an emergency and he feels threatened. He is very disobedient and sometimes makes a web in Genny's shoe, oftenly making Gen get a literally shocking wake-up call.
    Rude as he is, Shock is fully loyal to Gen's commands in battle and will follow it to the letter.

Level: 18

Moves: Electroweb, X-Scissor, Cross Poison, Wild Charge, Fury Cutter

CupCream (Female Vanillite)

Personality: By far the shyest of all Gen's pokemon, CupCream usually hides in her pokeball or in Gen's bag. Despite this, she is Gen's main powerhouse in battle, and will never be afraid as long as Gen is around. Aside from that, CupCream only shows her face when there is nobody around her except Gen's other pokemon and Gen.

Level:20

Moves: Blizzard, Avalanche, Icicle Spear, Flash Cannon, Double Team

Darrumel (Male Dewott)

Personality: The bravest and most obedient of Gen's 3 pokemon, He'll charge into battles faster than Gen can say "don't do it, Darrumel!" Making him both obedient and disobedient. He will protect his comrades and Gen at all costs. Darrumel is slightly arrogant and hates cowards and other pokemon that battle unfairly or without honor. many pokemon like him because of this and he is liked by Gen and his team.

Level: 17

Moves: Razor Shell, Trump Card, Water Pledge, Detect, Dig, Hydro Pump

Is this good enough?

Dawn

Years
  • Aquataris has been dropped for inactivity.

@pokepokemo: You've been approved. The school is currently on a field trip to a specific corporate building in Saffron City where they are getting dressed for a dance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    At this rate, I'm thinking Jonah would just not attend and work on his lesson plan (dunno what HoTa even means!), but then I don't post, then I risk getting kicked for inactivity, or at least I fall even farther behind in the posts.

Dawn

Years
  • You should really just be improvising dear. =o All teachers have a duty to be supervising right now. Regardless, the dance should not take an excessive amount of time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I have a new OC~ ^^ I worked hard to get him done today so here we go. If it seems a little rushed I appologize ^^;

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Takumi Ryuuhiko

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15): 14

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):
    Suicune
    Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
    Black hair, well groomed. He is taller than most boys his age usually should be. Caucasian. Sharp looking dark red eyes. Athletic Build. A somewhat handsome well chizeled face that's still maturing.
    Outfit wise, Takumi wears a white coat with long coat tails that was made from his old Lugia Dorm Jacket with a mess of other altercations and aesthetic changes, and if promted to wear a school jacket, he will choose this jacket over any of the other dorm jackets. He'll wear dark purple pants, white shoes, a long dark red scarf and a violet shirt.

Another outfit he tends to wear is a black overcoat with a burgundy turtleneck, black pants, and black shoes.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

Takumi is somewhat cool and level headed, and in someways behaves and acts almost a lot more maturely than normally expected of most students his age. Some credit it to the specialized schools he went to, some say it was because of his upbringing in a wealthy and "civilized" home. However his maturity over time was a result of seeking approval from his parents. In some ways his quest for knowledge and seeking hsi parents' approval has caused him to develope a belief that if he was to become a great trainer, or in a more literal sense, if he was to achieve great power, his parents would finally accept him. However, over the years, he slowly began to become somewhat cold as he felt his parents had been to him. He wishes for the power and knowledge that he may one day use to remove the Lugia dorm of all the pokemon haunting it. In regards to Pokemon Battles he is cold and calculating, sometimes looking down on opponents weaker than him, but fully aware of his limits and not daring to challenge a trainer he knows has more experienced pokemon than his own. Over all, no matter what pokemon he is up against, he becomes brutal and cold hearted, often injuring his opponent pokemon to the point some trainers would consider "going too far" or "cruel". He basically shows no mercy to his opponents until he is aware his opponent can no longer fight any more.

His desire for knowledge has lead him to do a lot of private research on his own within the libraries on various subjects, and even on the Pokemon discovered in the Lugia Dorm. His quest for knowledge as well as his upbringing has made him very cultured.

He can be sociable and polite, provided he can be somewhat difficult and critical of others from time to time. He is usually rude to those he views being "less mature" than he is, and tends to prefer the company of those who are, in his opinion, "on (his) level of maturity."

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

Takumi was born into a wealthy family. However at a young age he seemed to develope a unique psychic gift. His parents had him attend a very private school for psychic students to teach them how to better manage their skills so as to help them better adapt to society. It was at this school that Takumi developed a desire and love for learning, and as a result decided to focus his new appreciation for knowledge on a subject all people study at one point or another. Pokemon. As of such he was enrolled in the Pokemon Trainer Academy as a student of the Lugia Dorm before it was haunted. Takumi's parents were afraid his powers were the cause of this, so they pulled him out of the Academy after all the Lugia students were relocated to the Suicune dorm. Takumi then spent the next few years at another school that would be able to help him and his parents better understand his psychic gift further as well as hopefully help Takumi develope his skills as a pokemon trainer. Academic wise, his parents paid for tutors to help him keep in touch with his academics.

Three years have passed since Takumi was pulled out of the Academy, and now he has returned this year in hopes of better proving himself to his parents, and showing them he will not become a disgrace or failure to his family.

Takumi's time from the academy helped him grow and mature from what most people would have guessed if they saw him then and now. However, Takumi's psychic powers have grown since his last visit to the academy, to the point that now he can use telepathy to battle and train his pokemon. He now seeks to become stronger, and achieve the strength necessary to earn his parents' approval. At the same time, he wishes to find out what truly caused that incident at the Lugia Dorm to happen 3 years ago, and prove once and for all to his parents he isn't some "freak".

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: Charmander
    Nickname(Optional):
    Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
    Lvl(Max 20): 20
    Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):
    Ember, Dragon Rage, Fire Fang, Toxic, Dragon Claw, Smoke Screen

Species: Beldum
    Nickname(Optional):
    Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
    Lvl(Max 20): 19
    Take down

Species: Lucario
    Nickname(Optional):
    Lvl(Max 20): 20
    Bone Rush, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Rock Smash, Metal Claw, Force Palm

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back