• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Well after the battle finishes I'll get Kilik to speak with Ruby for a bit, just a bit, & then I'll get him to his new room. Can't wait to explore after his classes. Gonna maybe get me a Shinx :P

I posted Yellow, so best to get an Olivia post in. :) No rush though. At least I'm keeping up. So anyway now that that's done I'm going to bed now. :D Night everyone!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Can't wait for tomorrow IC, it seems a lot of people want to see Kiyoko. Kind of humorous how everyone seemed to forget about a random small child running onto a battlefield, causing a scene, and then getting sideswiped by the pokemon. I mean that IC of course, OOC it seems like people are anticipating seeing Kiyoko and N...

Honestly, I think Kiyoko meeting Mistress would be..... Pleasant. Hehehe...

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
I have a lot of reading to do...I'm trying to catch up so therefore I'm reading through the RP from the beginning up to date. :)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Kid mind: That's proooobably not a great idea. I mean...that's a whole lot of reading |D

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I think that would be torturous to Kid Mind. Luckily we're still in the hundreds.

When I came back I thought about reading from where I left off. I think I left off when the thread was in the fifties uhm... A hundred pages later? No thank you. I think we accumulate two pages a day or something.

Talk about one step forward, two steps back. =/

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I never bothered when I joined, and I'm doing fine. Only I wouldn't suggest you join in like i did by ticking off the GM's character :P. anyway where would Jason go to stay? since he still hasn't seen Gary. (if I missed the post please direct me since I fail.)

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Umm... Please don't like advance the battle without me ^-^ I probably have a different time zone, so in an hour I'm sleeping. Unless my IPod gives out on me... Just a warning. Also, I really want Star to meet Kyioko! Please?

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Species: Quilava
Nickname: Raizer
Lvl: 27
Moves: smokescreen, ember, quick attack, dig, flame wheel, aerial ace

Species: Trapinch
Nickname: Ace
Lvl: 18
Moves: bite, faint attack, sand attack, sandstorm, dig, earthquake

Species: Duskull
Nickname: Specter
Lvl: 18
Moves: night shade, disable, confuse ray, shadow ball, dark pulse, thief

Species: Torkoal
Nickname: Cauldero
Lvl: 15
Moves: body slam, rock tomb, ember, smog, rest, sleep talk

Species: Scyther
Nickname: Hallow
Lvl: 15
Moves: quick attack, double team, swords dance, toxic, night slash, aerial ace

picture.php

the red on is Hallow, the blue one will be explained later.

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Bassiroth... Kat didn't talk. Psy was talking to Lea. Sorry if that wasn't clear! I was continuing her talk with Lea...

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
Yeeeah...After only getting to page 17 after two hours, I think you guys have a point...But do you know where I should start to read to understand who Kiyoko is? =)

Dawn

Years
@Jasonwolf: Valorie is pretty easy to tick off. |D

@Kid Mind: Well, I mean... Y'don't need to know that, seeing as your character can't read the thread. :P However, I would recommend reading the most recent page or two if you really wanted to. That or just ask his RPer! ;o

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Dang, the battle has already gone through fast. :\ I can barely understand what Olivia & Torchic did. Ok, I'm gonna try to post now. If not, tomorrow then.

Dawn

Years
Real battles end fast~ ...Unless one of the pokemon is successfully stalling. That's how it's supposed to be. =o

Regardless, I'm looking forward to making my next post. One does not sit there and charge up for 3 turns without doing something awesome. :P

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
@PkMnTrainer Yellow: Oh yeah...I totally forgot that my character can't know stuff like that...but I'm really interested to know, since a lot of people here talk about Kiyoko. :P

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
I'm just going to take this moment to drop off my SU~

Name:
Bethesda Shrewsbury

Job: Pokemon Mythology

Appearance: When you first meet Bethesda Shrewsbury, no doubt the first thing that crosses your mind is what a big woman she is--after all, she stands at the height of six feet two and her girth is more than the height of your average two year-old. Although her massive physique would normally be nothing short of intimidating, the first impression you'd get from her is the polar opposite. Her clear blue eyes emanate a feeling of friendliness, and the occasion in which you see her frowning is a rare one. Her face is about as well-defined as a bowling ball; whatever cheekbones she actually has is hidden under her thick skin, and her square jaw is barely visible. Her blond hair falls in thick wisps to her shoulder, where they curl up and form a ball. She has a very pale complexion.

As for clothing, Bethesda prefers simple, homey styled pieces that makes her feel comfortable. Most often, one would see her don a simple white dress with the skirt area puffed out. She also commonly wears cotton, long-sleeved shirts with the sleeves rolled back and a pair of blue trainers. For footwear, she prefers simple, practical shoes that are easy to wear yet comfortable. Therefore, flip-flops are at the top of the list, with sandals a close second. Over all this, she wears a big pink apron--"sewn it myself", she always says--for reasons nobody really knows.

Personality: Professor Shrewsbury is what you would instantly define as a nice woman--she's got the patience of a monk and the kindness of a saint. She cares a lot about others, people or Pokemon, and although she can get a little overprotective, it's simply because of the aforementioned care she feels for those close to her. She can cook like a gourmet chef, even with the simplest of ingredients, and often showers children with more affection than you would see in a corny romance movie (imagine that!), making her a great babysitter. She also speaks with a British accent.

However, when you're in her class, none of the above applies. She strongly believes that learning is an important part in children's development, and is less tolerative of people who do not take her lessons seriously. Of course, she still teaches with a kind tone and patiently re-explain materials to students who don't understand the lesson, but if you push too many of her buttons, you'd most likely end up in detention. She also greatly encourages that failing students take tutoring sessions with her. Students who do particularly well in her class are also rewarded by a plate of her homemade cookies, a delicacy she's particularly fond of.

History: Bethesda Shrewsbury--then Bethesda Potts--was born into a normal, middle-class family. She was born the eldest of seven, and her parents ran an orphanage--therefore, from her childhood she was accustomed to being around children, and taking care of them. She would watch over the other children as they play, tell stories when it's raining outside and sing lullabies when the time to sleep came. When she was a young lass of seven, she learned the necessary skills to take care of children from her mother, and she was a natural. By the time she was ten, she could easily cook a five-course meal provided she had the ingredients, and knit a sweater within a few days. Seems like she would make a perfect mother, no? If only that "incident" didn't happen.

Back then, Bethesda was a woman of twenty-six years. She was happily married the man she proclaimed the love of her life. However, she was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer, a deadly disease that could have potentially taken her life. After suffering from the sickness for two years, she was finally declared to be totally recovered. However, the sickness took her ability of conception away--after two years of longing for a child, all her dreams of being a mother was shattered.

To remedy her broken heart, she began to turn to Pokemon. She raised the Pokemon she caught as if they were her children, and showered them with affection, and of course her Pokemon were loyal to her. She began to study a lot about Pokemon and how to raise them properly, until one fateful day she came across a book on Pokemon Mythology in her local library. From page one, she was hooked on the subject and began to study it intensively. Eventually, she was appointed as a History teacher in her local school, where she seized the chance to use the school's resources to further study Pokemon myths. She even travelled to the Ruins of Alph and the Burned Tower in Johto to improve her knowledge.

The day came, however, when the school had nothing left to offer to further Bethesda's studies. It was in this point in time that she began to look for schools to transfer to, and found that the Pokemon Trainer Academy was in need of new teachers. Considering the school's fame, it was obvious that it had access to resources Bethesda could previously only dream of, and when her job application was accepted, she immediately packed up her belongings and headed to the academy.

Pokémon
Species: Kangaskhan (F)
Nickname: Ma
Personality: Ma is basically Professor Shrewsbury in Pokemon form. She keeps her other Pokemon out of trouble and acts as the voice of reason. She is the first of Professor Shrewsbury's Pokemon, and by far the most loyal.
Level: 50
Moveset: Fake Out, Return, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Rest, Sleep Talk

Species: Mandibuzz (M)
Nickname: Aero
Personality: Aero is passive and silent, keeping to himself and wants nothing more than a peaceful day. Unfortunately, since the Professor added Generalto her team, this has not been possible.
Level: 48
Moveset: Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Fly, Air Slash, Toxic, Roost

Species: Milotic (F)
Nickname: Titaness
Personality: Titaness is a beautiful Pokemon, and she knows it--and more often than not, she flaunts it. She will get a pang of jealousy when she's fighting other beautiful Pokemon, and will attack with extra fierceness.
Level: 48
Moveset: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Aqua Ring, Hypnosis, Recover

Species:
Magmortar (M)
Nickname:
General
Personality: General is feisty and energetic, always seeing the glass as half full. Although he's noisy and at times annoying, the others have learned to cope with him, except for Aero, who's still annoyed with General's behaviors.
Level: 47
Moveset: Flamethrower, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, Overheat, Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Yes somehow he got a bit popular here, even though he's only been around one character so far :P

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I still helped save his life!

anyway I'm happy to know someone else is joining as a teacher considering Jason has been stuck in Oak's waiting room all day. I've been so tempted to barge in there and do somethign crazy to force everyone's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back