• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    How much is the game gonna cost now???? (I've been wanting one of those stuff :D )

The game is probably going to be roughly around 5,800 Yen for the Japanese. However, this is based on previous games that came with a bundle and the inclusion of the device's worth. For example, the PokéWalker is basically a piece of plastic with digital programming that follows a basic similarity to a tomagochy and pedometer.

Though, you also have to consider that it includes different levels, the infrared signal, and added in wild catch and items. So all of this is what would make it a bit higher than normal. As for the US price, I would say no more the $50.00, but probably around $40.00 or so.

Not a bad price, not a bad device. I like the concept of it trying to get people to work out more and be more active. This is a crisis here in the states and apparently outside as well. So, it is a nice feature and having it included as a bundle and placed within an event as well would make it more popular to the fans. Not to mention, the access of leveling the happiness and levels of your Pokémon too. It may be something I'll use more than likely if I obtain it in a US bundle once the game is released out of Japan [if the PokéWalker comes out of Japan as well].

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    I don't know how much of this is true, but there was a leak a while ago regarding the price. I usually do not like to consider non-confirmed information, but the leak accurately depicted that the PokeWalker would be bundled with the releases, and went as far as to describe them before they were announced. The leak said that the game would cost 4,800 yen bundled with the PokeWalker. So far this leak has been very accurate, so I think you can expect the price to be the exact same as it has been previously for DS Pokemon games.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Well iirc FrLg cost the same as RSE when they came out (at least in the States where I got mine) and they had the Wireless Adaptor. So it's definitely possible that the game won't cost any extra with the added device.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Dosnt it just up the friend ship levels of your pokemon lol whats everyone whining about strap it to ur belt or pants and just walk it wont reall bother anybody i do not think u have to feed it or play with it correct me if im wrong

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Dosnt it just up the friend ship levels of your pokemon lol whats everyone whining about strap it to ur belt or pants and just walk it wont reall bother anybody i do not think u have to feed it or play with it correct me if im wrong

Besides the friendship level being raised, it also hightens the level itself of the Pokémon placed within the PokéWalker. So, with this being said many may want to abuse it [if possible] but others may actually put it to good use to promote themselves for better health. However, besides just putting your Pokémon in it and walking around, they have also situated different courses within the device. So, you are also playing little minigames at times too. Each course gets higher and higher with better items [speculation] as you go on. There is also the Jirachi event that unlocks a new area within the PokéWalker as well. So, there are some thing given to do with the bundle besides just raising friendship and levels for your Pokémon.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    But I have to wonder, if the main point of it is walking around to level, how will you be able to explore/play minigames and walk at the same time? I know if it was me I'd walk into something while looking down at the screen. Unless of course it plays like Chao Adventure on the VMU for Dreamcast that you only get a notification to do something like every 20 minutes.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I can see some people strapping it to their dogs collar or something, haha. I think its a really cool idea. So when I take a run on the track, I can level my pokemon and such it is pretty awesome. I plan on using this as more motivation to keep on running for as long as I can when I go every week or every few days.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    of course I'm getting that, some days I'm so busy that I dont have time to play games (since I'm on the Track team) which means, my Pokemon will continue to grow. Also I can play with that Pokemon during class as well =]

:t354:TG

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Haha looks like I'm not the only trackie that plans on taking it to practice =P. But I wonder how much it'll take to raise your Pokemon. If it's like the games and 1 step = 1 exp, that'd mean you could very easily get your Pokemon to a really high level in the beginning of the game (at least if you exercise a decent amount), which might make the story too easy. But I guess you could do that with the real Daycare too, except pushing a button over and over again instead of walking/running in real life.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    I love how a month ago I mentioned all this Pokewalker + Jirachi stuff in one of the other topics and everyone berated me saying I was wrong and now there's a 9 page topic on it.

omega77

Is that all?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    This could be pretty good. And i'm sure it's going to be popular because it's way more useful than the Wireless adapter and people still used that.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    I love how a month ago I mentioned all this Pokewalker + Jirachi stuff in one of the other topics and everyone berated me saying I was wrong and now there's a 9 page topic on it.

Many people other than yourself said the same thing, I know I did when it got proposed there would be a pedometer game will be included via a leak, your not the only one.

Princess Sandshrew

PokéRespect
    Years
    wow the pokéwalker sounds quite good
    if indeed does level your pokemon while you walk is would be very useful for me as i cycle 8 miles to college most days of the week P:
    but what about learning moves? would attacks be automaticly learned O: or forgotten, the game could pause and ask if you want to learn a move then you lose the exp you could of gained while walking.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    The PokeWalker seems like a great device for people who like to play the games and like to be active.

I just have one question, won't it make the game too easy if all you have to do to level up is walk around? Kids could level up their pokemon while at school. I mean it would just make it so much easier to finish the game.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    wow the pokéwalker sounds quite good
    if indeed does level your pokemon while you walk is would be very useful for me as i cycle 8 miles to college most days of the week P:
    but what about learning moves? would attacks be automaticly learned O: or forgotten, the game could pause and ask if you want to learn a move then you lose the exp you could of gained while walking.
    That's true, I hadn't thought of that. If I had to guess, I'd think it'd be like the Daycare and it automatically does it for you. I don't want that, though, because it was always annoying to make sure that the moves you wanted weren't deleted :/

The PokeWalker is a great device for people who like to play the games and like to be active.

I just have one question, won't it make the game too easy if all you have to do to level up is walk around? Kids could level up their pokemon while at school. I mean it would just make it so much easier to finish the game.
    I thought of that before, but honestly, you could do the exact same thing with the Daycare and just sit all day pressing up/down on your DS and level it up and sweep the trainers ingame with your superlevelled Pokemon. So in reality all it would do is let you use a Daycare-like feature when you don't have your DS. (which is a lot slower btw, on the Mach Bike you can probably do like 10 steps in the time it takes you to do 1 step in real life unless you're sprinting, which you can't keep up for very long)

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    Yes, but with the Mach Bike, you have to be playing the game, where as with the PokeWalker, you can do both and it will be just that much easier.

&I've worn a pedometer before to see how many steps I took while at school, and it was over 10,000. I know for a fact that unless you're the biggest couch potato ever, you'll walk more than that in a day. Therefore your pokemon is gaining (depending on how much you play the game along with the PokeWalker) at least a few levels a day. Won't be long until Level 100 huh?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    True, but I know if it was me and I tried to play and walk at the same time I'd run into something or fall, so I couldn't do that =P. Plus, we don't know that 1 step = 1 exp. It could be that 10 steps = 1 exp or 100 steps = 1 exp. If it was like that, it'd be much harder to get your Pokemon really high just from that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back