• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    @ yaminokame: lol i was only guessing. It would have been appropriate to have items associated with the theme. Of course, considering it's just a pedometer, the most expensive item avalible will probably be stardust. I was really hoping a Jirachi event would be associated with Mt. Moon...

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    @ yaminokame: lol i was only guessing. It would have been appropriate to have items associated with the theme. Of course, considering it's just a pedometer, the most expensive item avalible will probably be stardust. I was really hoping a Jirachi event would be associated with Mt. Moon...

I knew you were lol ^^ I was just emphasizing how much it sucks that so far the only thing we actually do have to show for... is a potion ;_; lol XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Since Jirachi opening the Edge of the Night area relies heavily to the Pokewalker, I've merged that topic with this one.

Years
    I think it's pretty cool and all but i mean its almost like cheating.
    people are just gonna shake the hell out of that thing to get experience and what not.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Alright, so the PokéWalker seems like a really beneficial item now. Placing the Jirachi "Edge of the Night Sky" event within it seems like a very smart move as it'll allow people to actually take use of it rather than it being put away. However, I wouldn't count it cheating because at occasions there will be times of battles and mini events, so people won't be able to cheat as easily. I like the idea of places [courses] being unlocked as you go. The idea of enabling to achieve better items and Pokémon as you go along makes sense. This alone, seeing as it includes an event, makes me more assured that the possibilities of the PokéWalker extending outside of Japan seems possible. With this being said, I might change my mind and actually take good use of it if obtained. The whole concept of it though is more clearly seen as information about it has been more specified, so I'll be looking forward to this perhaps.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    It seems like an OK system, I mean lvl up Pokemon by walking?!
    I suppose some crazy person could try to attach the PW to a machine that moves up and down to count those as "steps"
    that would be something I would try to use.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Imma leave mine on the washing machine. :)

I had one of the GS ones, back in the day. I think some kid stole it at a CarMax.... xD
    It was actually pretty fun, if only because I was like 10 or something.

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    lol the pokewalker is being released just like the wireless link thingy was wit firered and leaf green-go to serebii.net if you want more info lol
    basically its an anti-fat walker (no offense to certain ppls) for the player and the pokemon lol

Years
    It looks like..a lot of fun actually.
    It'll be the motivation I need to get outside and walk around.: D
    And for rainy/snow days? I guess I'll just walk around the stairs of my house with it.. .___.;

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I love the PokeWalker thing. I'll probably wear mine every time I work out since I try to run at least 3 miles, but usually more, a day and that'll be a good amount of happiness and whatever other good stuff you get with it. Plus if you get EXP with it, that'll make it less tedious to train for gyms and stuff since I can train it while I'm busy practicing for xc/track instead of sit there fighting Pokemon over and over again

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The one thing I'm noticing through the last few posts is that everyone is actually falling into the category of playing things fair and square. Running for sports, going for a jog or planning our your exercise routine and using the new PokéWalker it all falls into category. It actually goes to show that what Nintendo is trying to promote is actually working and even if you've done it before, then it just enables you to continue on. This is one thing I like, because even if you can break through the concept of it and shake it until scrambles, your arm itself gains a benefit of moving rather than your fingers itself from a system like the DS. Also, the inclusion of having the new location, Pokémon to be caught, and obtainable items held within only extends the idea of it and keeps the gamers not only involved with the new remakes, but the bundles items too. So, overall it is all beneficial either one way or the other and keeps its concept together in multiple ways. If it is released outside of Japan, then it is something I'm actually looking forward to trying out compared to what I said when I first heard about it.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    This is just speculation about this, BUT does anyone think that the "Edge of Night Sky" course may include deoxys? I mean think about it, without the jirachi access to this is impossible, plus as others have already stated, the more the courses progress, the more likely rarer pokemon will be included in these levels. So I know it's kind of far-fetched, but I think that this is a serious possibility.

Offtopic: Can the PC pichu have a different nature than Jolly? I got one from someone and it has a different nature, even though everything else looks right about it, I just want to make sure.

fwice

Mewtwo Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    That...Is...EPIC! i can't wait for HG/SS and i wanna pit a machamp into the pokewalker to remind me of how i want to look lol

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Jirachi

I'm in Japan right now, and I would like to point something out. Many of you seem to know about the Jirachi that they're giving away, but not what it does. So let me tell you.

If you go to a McDonalds (in Japan) and maybe some other places I don't know about, you can connect to Wi-Fi and get a Mystery Gift from Wi-Fi. When you do that you go to the man who you 'unlock' Myster Gift from, and he'll give you a Jirachi. If you trade it to HGSS, and from there put it into a Pokemon Walker, you will unlock a new 'path'. I'm not sure what it means, but I think it has something to do with a new training area.

I hope this has been helpful

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back