• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Professor

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    I want a female professor. It would be good. A professor couple would be a great twist.
    Her name? I hope it will be creative.
    Professor Creative. I like it.

I think it'd be interesting to have the Professor have some sort of influence with the player itself or the rival, similarly to how Oak and Blue was. It reminds me how Silver stole a Pokemon from Elm, but the two barely had any interaction together. I think a rival should be an apprentice to the Professor.

It'd be nice to have some backstory to the Professor as well. Maybe they're a retired Gym Leader or E4 member?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm digging Professor Holly (first name) if we have another female professor. Mix up the system a bit :).

There's a good reason why Holly might actually be the case. The games will be releasing towards the end of the year. Guess what happens around then? Christmas. Guess what is used at Christmas time? Holly. The games might not relate to Christmas but it might pay a cool tribute to the fact that the games will release close to Christmas. Probably won't happen but it's not unlikely!

Also I really doubt they'll end with "Tree" - it'd make it too obvious. Professor Pine works. I can imagine it as a male, tall guy, glasses, very serious and very short hair. Aim would be figuring out how different fragrances can affect certain Pokemon. You'd want to win Pine's attention and solve the problem. :')

Although we could always have two professors - one studies the sun, one studies the moon. The one that you talk to will be the one relating to the title of your game. The other one will just be a side professor, giving you tips... and then you discover that they are THE VILLIAN and your professor believes in you to stop the other professor! Totally the biggest twist.

Professor Cosmo could even return. But probably not because he's not tree-themed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    How about Professor Tree? Sure all he does is count Pidgeys in his lab gets high all day, but he deserves some recognition for his work.

(...I guess)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    A female Professor would be awesome, we only have one with Jupiter.

If not, I've been thinking of making Colress the new Professor. I don't know why, but from what I remember he was such an interesting character to me. Even though he did work for Team Plasma to further his scientific achievements, I can kind of see him redeeming himself by doing the same beneficial work that the Professors do. Or even yet, having a Professor who's kind of in a "grey" area would be a really interesting twist from the norm. Also, if they plan on making S/M true 20th Anniversary titles, a good way of doing so would be implementing past notable characters.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A female Professor would be awesome, we only have one with Jupiter.

If not, I've been thinking of making Colress the new Professor. I don't know why, but from what I remember he was such an interesting character to me. Even though he did work for Team Plasma to further his scientific achievements, I can kind of see him redeeming himself by doing the same beneficial work that the Professors do. Or even yet, having a Professor who's kind of in a "grey" area would be a really interesting twist from the norm. Also, if they plan on making S/M true 20th Anniversary titles, a good way of doing so would be implementing past notable characters.

That just makes me think that Professor Oak will probably come back. BUT. I swear if they move him to this region to temporarily study it for a year or so... I will not be a fan. You belong in Kanto, go back where you came from. tbh, I wouldn't mind if all the professors made an appearance in these games. Like, something so catastrophic happened that it warranted all professors coming back, and giving their opinions/advise to you, the champion, so you're able to save the region. Maybe.

Back