• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The rage candybar man. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko_Luna

~Eevee Fan~
Years
  • So I've been searching the forums, google, etc on how to get past the Rage Candybar man. The one who won't let you continue on your journey past Mahogany Town.

So far I have:
    -Beaten Gym Leader
    -Caught/Beat the Red Gyarados
    -Beat Team Rocket in Mahogany's underground
    -Completed all missions in both Olivine and Cianwood (Up to date. Ex. The lighthouse, gyms, etc.)

The suggestions that I've tried are:
    -Search Underground Goldenrod for the grunt (Haven't seen him)
    - Wait for a call from Oak about Goldenrod being taken over (Haven't gotten one)

Is there anything else I can do? Have I perhaps done something out of order and thus ruined the game unless I start over?
    Thanks all. ^^; I'm just so stuck...

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    I think you're supposed to beat the radio tower also if I'm not mistaken :P

Neko_Luna

~Eevee Fan~
    Years
  • I think you're supposed to beat the radio tower also if I'm not mistaken :P

When I go into the radio tower, everything's as before. There's nothing I can do and the police officer (I think thats who he is) Is still in front of the stairs saying the owner isn't acting right.

Neko_Luna

~Eevee Fan~
    Years
  • I've done all of that. And still nothing. :3 I'm not sure if there's something small I might've missed. Like talking to someone in a house or something. But I've pretty much talked to everyone in mahogany.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • you did all the triggers. This is one of those trick threads right?

did you try getting past the ragecandyguy again? he won't ever leave btw

On a wierder note ragecandy does not sound very appetizing. Just saying.

Maybe you should like.... buy some?

Neko_Luna

~Eevee Fan~
    Years
  • No, this isn't a trick thread. ._.' I'm completely serious.
    I entered Mahogany, Caught Gyrados, Went back to the little house that leads to the underground headquarters, battle, battle, battle, completion!, beat the gym master, and now I'm just aimlessly drifting. No phone call, nada.

The only thing I did that might have caused this is I went ahead and completed the Cianwood/Olivine quest instead of completing half and then completing the other half after Mahogany town. If that makes any sense.

I'd start over. But I've worked so hard...

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Do you have seven badges?

You need to have seven badges before you can move on in the game. Once you have your seventh badge and leave the gym, you'll get a phone call. That is your cue to go clear the Radio Tower.

I hope that helps! :)

EDIT: And actually, I think you are supposed the complete Olivine/Cianwood events before you do Mahogany. That's how I do it, at least.

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years

You need to have seven badges before you can move on in the game. Once you have your seventh badge and leave the gym, you'll get a phone call. That is your cue to go clear the Radio Tower.

This is accurate. Although, you're suppose to get a phone call right after you leave the beaten Ice Gym Leader.

Neko_Luna

~Eevee Fan~
    Years

EDIT: And actually, I think you are supposed the complete Olivine/Cianwood events before you do Mahogany. That's how I do it, at least.

O.O No. I don't have 7. I'm missing the 6th badge. But where could that possibly be?

Neko_Luna

~Eevee Fan~
    Years
  • Let me check.

I don't know how I could've skipped it. -.-' Usually the pokemon games don't allow that much free choice.

-Jared-

Years
  • XD I know. GSC and HGSS allow you to do Ecruteaks, Olivine's, Cianwood's, and Mahagony's gyums in any order. :) Weird, huh?

Neko_Luna

~Eevee Fan~
    Years
  • Yup. Olivine was the one I missed.
    I remember talking to the people inside the gym and not having to battle them (If I remember correctly) Maybe I took it as a sign that I didn't need to battle her either.

Thanks all everyone's such great help and quick to respond! Lets see if this works!!

-Jared-

Years
  • Aha! We knew it! Good luck with her! And the rest of the game, for that matter. ^__^

EDIT: Lol, Hever, I know. XD Maybe it's cuz it's late here....yeah, yeah that's it! >__>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back