• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • @Bgoldwax- I am sorry but that would not be a valid reason for a re-roll.

@FlamingRuby you get Typhlosion, Noctowl, Tentacruel, Houndoom, Victrebeel and Scizor.

Years
  • @AoTora so then would I be allowed to hatch a Smeargle with a custom moveset from an egg or would I have to sketch each move onto it?

FlamingRuby014

"Ball is Life"
    Years
  • Wait @AoTora I cant get scizor until way later into the game and in my pokemon pearl i already used my metal coat on another sizor and that sizor is in my Pokemon Y can i get a re-roll

Last edited:
    Years
  • @FlamingRuby014
    Ok you may use a Beedrill than.

@Bgoldwak
    You can use custom moveset on Smeargle as long as the moves are legit egg moves that Smeargle can learn.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Forum Username: ThatOneWeirdGuy
    Game Version: SacredGold (Heart Gold 493 hack)
    Number of Pokemon: 5-6 (having an hm slave at all times would be convenient)
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: Pokemon that can learn Surf and Fly, at least 2-3 pokemon that I can get before the first gym, and I'd like to use an eeveelution since an Eevee is given to you early on in this hack

Years
  • ThatOneWeirdGuy you get: Umbreon, Ursaring, Qwilfish, Victreebel, Dragonite, Ampharos. If you can't get any of these let me know

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    ThatOneWeirdGuy you get: Umbreon, Ursaring, Qwilfish, Victreebel, Dragonite, Ampharos. If you can't get any of these let me know

Since it's a 493 hack, I can get all of these, but I'd like to have something that can learn fly earlier, as the Dragonite family can only learn Fly at level 55 when it evolves into its final form, and the level curve only gets about ten levels steeper than regular HG/SS. I've also used Ampharos on several occasions before but whatever .-.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are ROM hacks allowed in the challenge?
    If so I would like to sign up for it
    Username: Smileycorp
    Version: Temporal (Ruby Hack with some 4th and 5th gen pokemon and some Fakemon)
    Number of Pokemon: 5
    Exclude NFE: Yes
    Restrictions: Anything which has been replaced I will use the entry's repacement even if it is NFE.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Are ROM hacks allowed in the challenge?
    If so I would like to sign up for it
    Username: Smileycorp
    Version: Temporal (Ruby Hack with some 4th and 5th gen pokemon and some Fakemon)
    Restrictions: Anything which has been replaced I will use the entry's repacement even if it is NFE.

You get Swellow, Quagsire, Feraligatr, Miltank and Golduck

Years
  • Going to start over my omega ruby game soon l
    might be fun to try this.
    Version: Omega Ruby
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFE: no
    National Dex: yes
    Restrictions: No restrictions, just make difficult ; )

going to trade or pokebank in everything i need o

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Going to start over my omega ruby game soon l
    might be fun to try this.
    Version: Omega Ruby
    Exclude NFE: no
    National Dex: yes
    Restrictions: No restrictions, just make difficult ; )

going to trade or pokebank in everything i need o

You get Talonflame, Wobbuffet, Purugly, Sunflora, Luxio and Ditto

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • Aaaaaaaand I'm done. It was a tough journey but I defeated AZ, finally. And this is the final team.

Dinules
    Lv. 66
    Venusaurite
    Venoshock ------- Poison Powder
    Petal Dance ------- Petal Blizzard
    This Pokemon was the bulkiest of the group. He has very good defense, but he also can do some damage. He was a really big help for Valerie, Clemont and Ramos. Plus the Poison Powder-Venoshock was amazing too. He is actually the first of two pokemon that defeated me. Thanks, Sycamore!

Karapollo
    Lv. 72
    Black Belt
    Counter-------Brick Break
    Rock Tomb ------- Close Combat
    Karapollo, what a beast. He destoyed eveything that came in his way. Except mega-Gardevoir. His sturdy really helped too. Wulfric and Wikstron couldn't stand a chance against him. But Close Combat sometimes was a bit tricky tough.

Haddoon
    Lv. 63
    Sharp Beak
    Payback-------Shadow Ball
    Fly-------Hex
    This flying ghost was one to not to mess with. He would pay you back. But seriously he was really strong. Ghost dark and Grass types weren't a problem for him. He easily defeated Korrina and helped a lot with Ramos.

Cellphrodite
    Lv. 64
    King's Rock
    Future Sight-------Rock Tomb
    Psychic-------Recover
    As much as I love Reuniclus, I didn't think he would be very strong. But man I was wrong. This girl sighted on everyone's future and then recovered herself. Korrina wasn't a problem at all for her, when she was still a Solosis. I really made a mistake about her!
    Meuse
    Lv. 64
    Magnet
    Strength-------Electro Ball
    Thunderbolt-------Thunder Wave
    It took me a long time to find him, Posinja even got Pokerus. But it was totally worth it. He thundered his way throughViola, helped defeat Clemont and Olympia and destroyed Wikstrom and Siebold. I wouldn't say he is the god of Pokemon, but he is definitely strong.

Posinja
    Lv. 71
    Icicle Plate
    Hydro Pump-------Night Slash
    Surf-------Ice Beam
    Posinja, the first Pokemon of this challenge, and probably the strongest too. He defeated Grant and Olympia, and fought two of the Elite Four on his own. I really loved using him, and I probably will use him again. Someday...​

pleryt17

dankness incarnate
    Years
  • Alright, I think I'm going to start one.

Forum Name: pleryt17
    Version: Alpha Sapphire
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: One Pokemon available before the first gym and Pokemon that can use Surf/Waterfall/Dive/Fly (I don't like using HM Slaves)

I don't mind if I have to use two Water Types for the HMs, and would prefer to do so. Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Alright, I think I'm going to start one.

Forum Name: pleryt17
    Version: Alpha Sapphire
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: One Pokemon available before the first gym and Pokemon that can use Surf/Waterfall/Dive/Fly (I don't like using HM Slaves)

I don't mind if I have to use two Water Types for the HMs, and would prefer to do so. Thanks in advance!

You get Azumarrill, Latias, Mighteyna, Tropius, Manectric and Machamp (machoke if you can't get it)

Years
  • Forum Username: Kostucha
    Game Version: Light Platinum
    National Dex: Kind of
    Restrictions: Pokemon from gen 1-5 (not all) on this list: https://pokemonlightplatinum.com/pokemon-light-platinum-pokedex.html
    I guess it would be better to generate 5 random numbers and pick pokemon from this list (they are numbered) to avoid confusion,
    -No legendaries and pseudolegendaries

Forum Username: Kostucha
    Game Version: Omicron
    National Dex: Kind of (all pokemon from gen 1-5, a few from gen 6)
    Restrictions:
    -No Wobbuffet

pleryt17

dankness incarnate
    Years
  • Forum Username: Kostucha
    Game Version: Light Platinum
    National Dex: Kind of
    Restrictions: Pokemon from gen 1-5 (not all) on this list: https://pokemonlightplatinum.com/pokemon-light-platinum-pokedex.html
    I guess it would be better to generate 5 random numbers and pick pokemon from this list (they are numbered) to avoid confusion,

For Light Platinum, using a Random Number Generator and the website you provided, you get:
    Cloyster (91)
    Ampharos (179)
    Blaziken (280),
    Unfezant (300)
    Pidgeot (18)

For Ampharos and Blaziken, I rolled their pre-evolutions so I just evolved them.

Forum Username: Kostucha
    Game Version: Omicron
    National Dex: Kind of (all pokemon from gen 1-5, a few from gen 6)
    Restrictions:
    -No Wobbuffet

For Pokemon Omicron, I also used a Random Number Generator and a list of Pokemon from Omicron and you get:
    Dragalge (715)
    Azumarill (183)
    Raichu (25)
    Flygon (329)
    Cincinno (572)

Again, I rolled for the pre-evolutions of Azumarill, Raichu, Flygon, and Cincinno so I just put their final evolutions. If you need any rerolls, just let me know!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back