• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Red Gyarados

Years
    I haven't made it yet to that part, I have had my heart gold since the 16th of March and yet to have 2 gyms, but when I get to the red gyrados, I'm gonna catch it and it will be on my team for the rest of the game.

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    Never used it and I don't think I will use it ... there's something about Gyarados that I don't like ... but I love water pokemon. It's really odd o_O

Anyway if I remember right it was an easy catch so nothing much to tell xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    I caught mine with a team of 20-23's and maybe a 25...

Flaafy's Thundershock got it down in a couple hits, then I paralyzed it, then I caught it with regular pokeballs pretty quickly...

It's now my HM Slave (Surf, Rock-Smash, Strength, and Whirlpool)

SkySage2k9

Skymin Sage / Greeter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    The Red Gyarados IS a shiny one as evidenced by the red star next to it's pic in Summary...

Anyway, I caught mine with an Ultra ball... it's my surfer, and it also knows Hydro pump, Thunder and Dragon Dance...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    So there seems to be a bit of confusion with this thread apparently. I advice reading the original post before answering the thread, because the topic of this thread is to post your encounter with the Red Gyarados. This means to tell how you caught it, i.e what strategy did you use and what Pokéball did you use. It does NOT mean what you're going to do with the Red Gyarados, use it or not. If you want to tell whether you're going to use the Red Gyarados in any team of yours or not, then I suggest you post so in this thread here (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=213613). Other than that, please leave this thread to tell your strategy used and Pokéball used to capture the Red Gyarados.

If you are to continue posting off-topic you can and/or will receive a warning or infraction for Off-topic/Spam posting. So please read the original post of threads carefully before replying.

Anyway, getting this back on track. I found that the Red Gyarados was relatively easy to catch. I used simple strategy with my team, which was False Swiping it to 1HP with Scyther and then later putting it to sleep with Hypnosis by Poliwhirl. After that, I used an Ultra Ball which succeeded without trouble. Sadly, I was hoping for more of a difficult capture, but I guess I'll leave that to Lugia and Ho-oh.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    uhh, I used my lv. 42 Meganium on it (yes it is overleveled w/4 badges) and I caught it with a great ball. I didnt use it on my team, I just boxed it lol.

Back