• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (revived) No-Catch Challenge!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen May 26, 2012
Beat the Elite Four and Lance in HeartGold for the first time round with three pokemon. Going to start work on getting to fight them the next time round.

Lvl 53 Feraligator : Starter Pokemon
Surf, Waterfall and Whirlpool
Crunch

Lvl 56 Dragonite : Won at Goldenron Game Corner before 3rd Badge
Dragon Pulse
Fly
Thunder
Strength

Lvl 53 Espeon : Gift from Bill before 3rd Badge
Quick Attack
Swift
Psybeam
Shadow Ball

Elite Four
Will : Feraligator with Crunch
Koga : Espeon with Psybeam
Bruno : Dragonite with Fly (Excluding Onix which Feraligator used Waterfall against)
Karen and Lance : All Three

Now time for bed, tomorrow I'm handing in a massive report and going to start the Kanto part of HeartGold. There are two more no-catch pokemon I need

Years
Log 8
Ecruteak Gym was quite easy EXCEPT for his Gengar who sweeped my whole team 8 times
I won with luck my Quilava survived his Sludge Bomb with 1 HP and after the damages of my whole team a flame wheel finished the job. My rival was btw a piece of cake
I've got surf

Team
Quilava/Anarachy - Lv:29
Machoke/muscle - Lv:28
Fearow/Kenya - Lv:29
Kadabra/Kaz - LV:28
Vaporeon/Liqour - Lv:26

OMW 2 Olinvine my team will be changed (again) in the next Log.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
This is my first post.

Username: Kyle321n
Ultimate?: No
Game(s): LeafGreen

So I started with Bulbasaur (LeafBlower). I'm going to grind him get Vine Whip and demolish Brock. My next goal is to get Magikarp and raise him up to Gyarados. I think I'll be able to stick with those two until I get to Celedon and I am able to get a Dratini from the Game Corner and an Eevee from the Mansion. I think I'll round out my team with Lapras and Aerodactyl, but we'll see.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen May 26, 2012
Currently training for the Elite Four for the rematch. Jolteon joined the team by winning an Eevee at the Celadon Game Corner (Took AGES...)

It will be a matter of days before the team is ready...

EDIT: Maybe sooner than I thought. I found a strategy for my team to train faster. Only got Jolteon left to train
EDIT 2: Just beaten the Elite Four and Lance 2nd Time Round. Going to have to train harder to beat Red though. Got the strategy figured just need to level them up

Lvl 77 Feraligator
Crunch

Lvl 76 Dragonite
Dragon Pulse
Fly
Thunder
Strength

Lvl 76 Espeon
Psychic
Swift
Psybeam
Shadow Ball

Lvl 76 Jolteon
Thundershock, Thunder
Dig
Strength

EDIT 3: Lol never did the sign up thing

Username: Tetiro
Game(s): HeartGold

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2015
Username: codylynn94
Ultimate?: not for the moment maybe later
Game(s): crystal

UPDATE 1:
got RED (cydaquail)
beat silver
caught bellsprout for onix/ Rocky
beat sprout tower and violet gym
got and hatched Perry (Togepi)
grinded
red evolved

lvl 16 quilava/ RED
lvl 10 onix/Rocky
lvl 9 togepi/Perry

BEAT ELITE 4 now on to kanto

Red the typhlosion lvl 52
Sparkz the electabuzz (from odd egg) lvl 48
tiny the ****nair (dragon den) lvl 43
eon the espeon (bill) lvl 50
skull the marowak (game corner) lvl 39

eon and sparkz owned most of E4. i had to let my boy skull get his kill on muk. tiny would surf a few people and red would get the rest as last resort.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen May 26, 2012
Challenge Complete on Heartgold. Red wasn't too tough. His Snorlax was difficult to chip away its health.

Username : Tetiro
Game : HeartGold
Ultimate? : No way lol

Pokemon:
Lvl 85 Feraligator
Crunch

Lvl 84 Dragonite
Dragon Pulse
Fly
Thunderbolt
Strength

Lvl 84 Espeon
Psychic
Swift
Psybeam
Shadow Ball

Lvl 84 Jolteon
Thundershock, Discharge
Dig
Strength

That was a tough challenge actually. Here's where I got stuck
Whitney, Clair, Karen (1st Time), Misty (Whilst training Jolteon. Wouldn't have got stuck if Dragonite was used), Lance (2nd Time)

I'll try the challenge again sometime. It's definitely one to try on another generation.

Last edited:
Years
Log 9
My team is completely underleveled even tough I still have beaten the Cianwood and Olivine Gym easily,
-I caught a Krabby.
-Traded it for a Voltorb.
-Evolved it Into Electrode.
-Quilava evolved into Tyhplosion.

That are the main things that happened

My Team
Anarachy/Tyhplosion - Lv:37
Muscle/Machoke - Lv:30
Kaz/Kadabra - Lv:32
Kenny/Spearow - Lv:35
Liquor/Vaporeon - Lv:29
Billy/Electrode - Lv:30

Going to Mahogany Town to get to the Red Gyarados event(Red Gyarados will be my Waterfall/Whirlpool slave) and to get the Red scale for the EXP. Share

Log 10
I've beaten the Mahogany Gym
Muscle evovled in Machamp.
Kaz Evolved in Alakazam.
I'm now in the Radio Tower trying to stop the neat plans of Team Rocket.

My Team

Anarchy/Typhlosion - Lv:40

Spr_4h_157.png

Moves:
Focus Blast
Swift
Quick Attack
Lava Plume

Got as Starter,

Muscle/Machamp - Lv:37

Spr_4h_068.png

Moves:
Vital Throw
Wake-Up Slap
Foresight
Revenge

Trade for Drowzee,

Kenny/Fearow - Lv:39

Spr_4h_022.png

Moves:
U-Turn
Pursuit
Fly
Arial Ace

Stolen from a Guard(Had to deliver it but never did it)

Kaz/Alakazam - Lv:37

Spr_4h_065_m.png

Moves:
Focus Blast
Psy beam
Disable
Recover

Spend a half hour getting 200 coins in the stupid Voltorb card game gay thingy

Liquor/Vaporeon - Lv:37

Spr_4h_134.png

Moves:
Surf
Aurora Beam
Quick Attack
Bite

Got as a gift from Bill,

Billy/Electrode - Lv:39

Spr_4h_101.png

Moves:
Charge beam
Swift
Selfdestruct
Light screen

Traded it for a Krabby

------------------------------

Soon beating Team Rocket's final plan but first sleepy time :D

Last edited:
Years
Log 11
I was a shame that the Team rocket event was so simple,
In fact it was to easy.
Archer, Ariana, Proton and Petrel where way to easy.
Archer had a
44 Houndoom
45 Weezing
46 Houndoom

So it was easy for my Machamp,Vaporeon and Alakazam to kick their ass even tough they are Majorly underleveled.

Team
Anarachy/Typhlosion - Lv:43
Muscle/Machamp - Lv:40
Kenny/Fearow - Lv:38
Kaz/Kadabra - Lv:39
Liquor/Vaporeon - Lv:40
Billy/Elctrode - Lv:40

Heading for Blackthorn City

Years
Log 12
I've beaten Clair with ease,
Vaporeon and it's Blizzard did the trick for 2 Dragonairs.
Gyrados was owned by Electrode with 1 Charge beam.
The 2 Kingdra's where no problem tough not having a coverage.

I did the Dragon Den's event and got a Extreme Speed Dratini.
That is the last pokemon of my team I'll swap it with Electrode.

Team
Anarchy/Typhlosion Lvl:50
Muscle/Machamp Lvl:46
Kenny/Spearow Lv:45
Kaz/Kadabra Lv:46
Liquor/Vaporeon Lv:45
Knight/Dratini Lv:15 -__-

Next I will face the Pokemon League

Years
Log 13
After some Speed-up training I'm finaly in front of the Pokemon League.
And yeah,
Nothing much to say...
Well..

Team
Teambeforeleague.png

Here goes nothing!!

Years
Log 14
Pweh that was kinda hard but I made it,
What I did:

I didn't rely on one Pokemon it was litterly my whole team vs. their whole team
Mainly cuz I didn't knew their Pokemon/Items/Moveset

Machamp is a beast he has shown the most effort hurting all the pokes of lance so Dragonite could finish it, Lance's Charizard was tricky but my last ressort Vaporeon finished it and now I'm the boss

Team
HallofFame.png

Okay, Now the second halve of this cursed game which will be even harder :X

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2015
BEAT RED ON CRYSTAL!!!

i got really lucky as my highest pokemon was a lvl 58. of course i had a well planned strategy seeing as how i fought him about 5 times.

Red the typhlosion lvl 56
eon the espeopn lvl 54
tiny the dragonite lvl 57
sparkz the electabuzz lvl 55
beast the tyranitar (got him from celadon game corner) lvl 58

when pikachu used charm i knew i was gonna win. beast knocked him out wtih an earthquake. then red took on the venusaur and his solarbeam. sent out eon against his espeon. mine had the advantage of shadow ball but got knocked out. of course he did his job and weakened the enemy. tiny came in and cleared it up. next was blastoise which was easily taken out by sparkz. snorlax was definetly the hardest one to beat. the only thing i had to really hurt him was beast with EQ so thats who was sent in. i knew he would sleep so i let beast have leftovers. those 2 lasted about 10 rounds but beast pulled through in the end. out came charizard and beast was about midway down so i put in tiny to finish the job with surf. of course this didnt go as planned but tiny did harm charizard so after he fainted i sent in beast. the first rock slide missed but chraizard on used fire spin so i knew i had one more turn to win or that was it. after a flamethrower i was in the red with fire spin about to take me out if i missed. BUT I DIDNT! my girl beast (yea shes a girl) pulled through.

red- my boi we were together from the begining. although he might not of been the most valuable he was up there because he could come in at the end and clean the mess away.
sparkz- i was lucky to hatch her from the odd egg. not only did she take out water and flying types out like a boss, she also took out the strongest of dragons with her ice punch and the ocasional grass type with fire punch.
eon- definetly my favorite of the eeveelutions was i believe the strongest on my team. had this been a later gen and i had better tms he would of been unstoppable. but even without great moves he took just about everything in his way out. once he learned psychic he took out even dragonites in one hit. his only kryptonite was dark types due to a shallow move pool that was mainly my fault. but still amazing.
tiny- was the hardest to train but a powerhouse. couldnt of done it without him. his surf alone took out countless enemies not to mention the damge his outrage caused.
beast- last but not least of course is this girl. i love the larvitar line but never really use during playthroughs. i was upset that i had to replace skull the marowak with her but i was rewarded for my risk. not only was she quicker to level up than i thought she would be, but i didnt have to switch her out to train her. she took out everything even when a low level. she was a monster and as her name suggest a beast. i can easily believe that she could hold her own against the rest of my team at once. shes great.

this challenge was awesome. i got really lucky with the battle with red in the end and stuff like that happens. i might just decide to go ultimate sooner or later. until then cya later starchasers...

Years
This'll be fun.
Username: xSkullKing16x
Ultimate: No
Game: Pearl
Additional details: Making log, will post it on this thread.

Wish me luck!

-----------------------
Log 1: Started off my adventure as a boy named Skull. My rival's name is Dr.Phil. I chose Piplup from the suitcase. I named it Peter! When I had my first trainer battle, he beat me. I grinded in the patch of grass for a while.Eventually I made it to Jubilife city, where I got my Poketch and bought some potions. I then beat Dr.Phil and started heading toward Oreburg city.

My team:

393MS.png

Name: Peter
Level: 12
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Pound, Growl, Bubble, Water Sport

Last edited:

Kirudante

Lazy Bum
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
Username: Kirudante
Game(s): Red, Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Volt White (Pokemon White hack)

I can't emulate DPP correctly, so I can't go for Ultimate :(

Pokémon Red - Under way

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Name: GameMaster1266
In Game Name: Dakota
Ultimate: no because idk wat it is
Game: LeafGreen

I'll start tomorrow cause it's late I'll be playing on the Visual Boy Advance Emulator and I'll post updates after every important battle and btw how do you post screenshots

UPDATE:

- Got Charmander, Nicknamed Blaze
- Beat Gary
- Got Pokedex
- Completed Viridian Forest
- Beat Gary 2nd Time
- I LOST TO BROCK 3 TIMES!!
- Beat brock (Finally)
- Charmander Evolved into Charmeleon Yay!

P.S HOW IN THE FREACK DO YOU KEEP THE STUPID DOUBLE POST FROM BEING MERGED I DON'T WANT MY POSTS TO BE MERGED!!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 22, 2020
Username:Joestar927
Ultimate?:No
Game(s): Pokemon Team Training/Firered (wanted to use from hack to spice it up)

In this hack it's just pokemon hack with dbz characters. I'll start on my logs tomorrow

Log 1: I had 3 chooses Goku, Gohan and Vegeta. Choose Goku and went on my way. I sold my capsules(pokeballs) which was stupid because I was planning to catch pokemon for trades or and hm slave. I went through the forest and went to the first gym, won with no problem but my starter is now over-leveled. I evolved him before mt moon and bought a pokemon which I'd teach flash to. I bought an

Last edited:
Back