• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Road To The Boston Marathon (Chvrches, Calvin and Hobbes, A Fox Tale) [Daily Bloggity Entry #120]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • [css-div="background-color: #330033; border-style: solid; border-color: #000000"]
    z9YcCZG.png

Date: 10 July 2014
    Time: 3:12 PM ET
    Mood: Hungry (as always D:)

On December 31st ever year, we always seem to construct ourselves a list of things that we want to accomplish for the upcoming year. A list of goals, so to speak, to better ourselves in one way, shape, or form. However, many of us - including myself - give up at times half way through the year because of multiple reasons. Laziness being the main reason, but I digress. However, I've actually been working very tediously for one New Year's resolution, which I'm happy to say that I'm roughly about half way there.

Daily Music - "Science/Visions" by Chvrches
    Spoiler:
    As many of you might know, I'm a local native of Boston, Massachusetts. As such, because I go to a Boston-based school, I was there during the calamity that was the Boston bombing of 2012 during the Boston Marathon. I actually dodged the bullet twice during that time - I had decided to take a nap instead of go down to the marathon site and I got called off from jury duty at the same time/place that there was a scare of a bomb being in the state house - but overall it was a pretty trying time for my friends and myself. Although I didn't participate in this year's Boston Marathon, I made it my goal that I would run in the following Boston Marathon (aka the 2015 one.) So, for the past 6 months, I've been running my arse off to build up my stamina and already I can see the improvements.

Daily Comic - "Reading" by Bill Watterson of Calvin and Hobbes
    Spoiler:
    I played a lot of sports as a kid - mainly soccer - but I could never say I very much enjoyed running. I played central midfield in soccer - the position where you have to run to essentially each end of the pitch - so I gained most of my stamina from that. However, I could only run about 2 miles before almost keeling over. It was really pitiful for a soccer player like myself, in all honesty. Thanks to my drive to run in the Boston Marathon though, I've become a 5 ft 9 in, 155lb man of muscle and quick feet. As of today, I can successfully run 10 miles straight without losing breath or keeling over. It's a really great feeling knowing that I can do that now. And just as an added bonus, I look great now! Which might seem a little egotistical, but I love having a six pack now. It just goes to show what hard work and determination can result in.

Daily Video - "A Fox Tale - A Short Animation" by animator 4ADesertAnimation
    Spoiler:
    On top of running a lot, I've been doing a bunch of Insanity workouts and now, thanks to the Xbox Fitness app on my Xbox One, I can do a lot of core/ab training from my very own room. The Insanity workout has been extremely tough, but it's awesome being able to see the improvements after each and every session. When they start to get easier and easier each and every time, it's a little bit cool just reflecting on when you first started and seeing all the progress you made. I know that I've still got a long ways to go to actually hit that mile mark for the Boston Marathon, but I've very pleased about the progress that I've made thus far and the lasting implications that it will have on me.

What about y'all? Did y'all have New Year's resolutions? Have you kept up with them? If you could make a goal to go by for the rest of this year, what would you choose to do and why? Comment below as I'd love to hear and discuss with you what you have to say about this topic!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro

Spoiler:
    [/css-div]

Back