• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Road to VGC! (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
  • With the VERY exciting news that Worlds will be held on the east coast, it's time for everyone to get some practice in! This tourney is the first in a series built to force potential challengers to learn how to build a team, counter threats, and generally get used to how VGC works. Due to the nature of how the series of tournaments will work, all battles will be on PC's Showdown Server.

If you need help learning VGC, I, and several others, will be available for help on PC's Trade Corner Chat. You may also receive help at NuggetBridge, or you may take your chances at PC's Showdown Server (I don't recommend this right now, sorry regulars).

The theme of this first tourney is RAIN. You will build a rain team and battle opposing rain teams. Rain is the most common, and easiest to use out of all the weather teams that currently exist. I can guarantee you that at a regional, you will at least SEE a rain team, if not battle one. (Note that I did not say you may not use any other weather or strategy, just that you must have rain.)

The format will be Swiss style. Everyone will battle a number of rounds (depends on number of entries). Standings will be determined depending on your win/loss ratio, your opponent's win/loss ratio, and your opponent's opponent's win/loss ratio.

Rules:
    - All battles will take place on PC's Showdown Server (I mentioned this already. Don't forget!)
    - All battles will be in doubles VGC
    - Item Clause: All Pokemon must be carrying a different item
    - Species Clause: All Pokemon must be of different species
    - The following Pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Chatot, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect
    - The following moves are banned: Sky Drop, Dark Void
    - Trainers may not use unreleased Dream World Abilities or items
    - All trainers must have Drizzle Politoed or a Rain Dance user on their team
    - All battles will be best out of 3​

Sign-ups will begin immediately (please include your Showdown name) and the first round of matches will begin on August 17th. You have 3 days to finish your matches (the sooner you battle, the sooner we can move to the next round). Please report your win or loss in a new post.

Participants:
    Griffinbane (Griffy)
    Dyl-icious (Dyl-icious)
    Tman109ner (Tman109ner)
    Antemortem (Antemortem, Latias)
    Wiilio (Aye-aye)
    NecrumWarrior (NecrumWarrior)
    Jolteon* (nemaizels)
    Ooka (Deity)
    Shrivaas_73 (Shrivaas)
    Berzerk! (Berzerk!)
    cbd98 (cbd98)
    Youngster Timmy (lok210)
    Iloveeevee (Iloveeevee)
    retinaburn (retinaburn)

The Brackets: https://challonge.com/pcvgc

Round 2 Match-ups: Deadline August 27th
    Youngster Timmy vs Ooka
    retinaburn vs cbd98
    Iloveeevee vs Shrivas_73
    Jolteon* vs Berzerk!
    Dyl-icious vs NecrumWarrior
    Tman109ner vs Wiilio
    Griffinbane vs Antemortem

Round 1 Match-ups
    Berzerk! vs Griffinbane
    Tman109ner vs Iloveeevee
    Youngster Timmy vs Antemortem
    Shrivaas_73 vs NecrumWarrior
    Ooka vs Wiilio
    Jolteon* vs cbd98
    retinaburn vs Dyl-icious

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    I'm here to participate, as well to help out. Tman109ner on Showdown.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I haven't played in forever, but this seems pretty interesting.
    My PS name is cbd98

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Signing up for this! WORLDS IN D.C.! \o/ Showdown username is same as username here.

Reactions: EB
    Years
  • I'll give it a whirl! I'm pretty unfamiliar with rain... can you give me a rundown and help me with some team suggestions later?

Retinaburn on PS.

Last edited:

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
    Years
  • I already gave my info on the chatydoo because pc was down, but my name on showdown is nemaizels

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back