• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sanctum Rangers [PG-13]

Thordainhammer

Blanker
Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    John took a seat just outside of the West gate and decided to address Brantley. The man had followed John out and talked to him about trusting the team and their pokemon. John supposed he could have handled that first meeting better, but there wasn't time for team building if they were going to deploy today. The team would just have to get to know each other on the way.

"I do trust our pokemon here but the fact of the matter is that this is a team of complete rookies wandering outside of town. We don't know anything about this terrain and I'd rather have some idea of what we'll be facing before we face it." John realized he wasn't going to gain any ground on this argument and decided to drop it there. Instead he now looked out on the terrain beyond the west gate.

"At least the route seems to be pretty straightforward, a direct path across the bridge and into the vertical caverns. What we'll find once we're there is beyond me." John suddenly realized that the female of the group, Sara, had been sitting against the gate with her Vulpix.

"Do you have anything to add to this Sara?" He asked.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sara blinked when John asked for her opinion on the situation at hand. She hadn't really been listening to what John and Brantely but she figured they were talking about what they should be doing next. She really wished she wasn't being asked this, the last thing the girl wanted was to start talking to these people she didn't even know. She didn't even want to be out here, let alone getting to know the group. For all Sara knew, about half of them would die before they even got back from this mission.

That being said, Sara doubted that John wanted to hear all of this, or if she really wanted to tell him this. So, she just said, "...I'll gather berries..."

Sara stood up and walked down the path closer to the forest area. As she walked, she checked out the bushes and trees for any ediable or useful berries. Renyard walked very close to her, making sure to keep his senses open for any signs of danger.

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    John frowned as Sara walked closer to the lines of trees. A girl who seemed shell shocked before the mission had even begun. Before the beginning of her career really. She seemed completely uninterested in completing the mission. John decided he would have to keep an eye on her once they got going. If lives were at stake who knew what she might do.

Years
  • ((NOTICE! 8U posted dialog for my character without my premission! That sentence is non-canon!))

"What kind of berry is it?" Arturo asked Mervin quietly.

"Hm?" Mervin looked up from the book.

"What kind of berry is it, Melvin?" Arturo asked louder.

"It's Mervin. And it's a Pecha Berry." Mervin said, a touch of annoyance in his tone.

"S-sorry!" Arturo stammered.

He walks off, snapping the book shut and putting it in his bag. "Excuse me, Arthur. I'll help Sara with the berry gathering."

Mervin follows about 6 steps behind Sara, stopping when she does. Archie the Trapinch smells the ground by his feet, keeping an eye out for anything approaching.

"It's not safe to go alone. You should have someone to watch your back."

Last edited:

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • Brantley just sat there watching Sara and Mervin looking for berries. John looks like he is more calmed down. I hope what I said really happens. I hope everyone does survive this mission like I promised John, but if anyone must go, the I will be the one. I will be the first to respond to anything that happens. Lets look at what most likely will appear in the forest. Brantley pulled his book out of his backpack and started to look up likely pokemon that they could run into.

"If there is any sight of wild pokemon then I will gladly stay back and fight it. As you were all wondering around, Zippo got all of your scents. We will catch up just after the battle." Brantley said. "Since we are all here I suggest we get going. We are just wasting time looking around for berries." Brantley got up with Zippo lying down beside him. Zippo woke up immediately, got up and was ready for the journey. "So, Sara, you want to take the lead?"

Last edited:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • What was with everyone suddenly taking an interest in her? In the area she grew up in before, no one paid any attention to Sara. Her parents didn't even do that unless they wanted to complain about she did or didn't do. She was always just the wall paper, no one ever noticing or commenting about her. Then again, before hand she wasn't in a small group who had to work together if they wanted to survive. Nor was she usually the only female in the area...

"No, I don't want the lead," Sara answered Brantely as she stopped walking along the bushes. "You can take it. Or John can. Anyone can take it, as long as it's not me."

The girl then hugged herself and looked to the forest surrounding them. She would follow after any of the boys who wanted to take the lead, but the last thing Sara wanted was to be put in the spotlight. She had absoltely no confidence in anything she could do and the last thing she wanted is everyone blaming her for her leading skills, as Sara had no doubt they would do. Of course, the girl did want to get this journey going so that it could be done and over with and maybe they'd give her a more indepedent mission to do.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Forced Wild Battle

"Seeeeeeeeeeeeee-!"

The wild Seedot jumped out of the bush, running towards the group of Rangers and firing off a round of bullet seed.

------

Next person to post please respond to this, I would have prefered you all to get into your own battles (so you can pick which Pokémon you are against and things) however since nobody has done that so far I decided to give you guys a nudge.

Remember to leave the battle open on the final attack to see if it hits or misses, etc.

Happy RPing :)

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    OOC: I've been waiting for our AFKs to show up but hey, whatevs.

John noticed the Seedot running towards the others below and threw his pokeball into the air. After a flash of white light Machop appeared and slammed into the seedot. The small creature knocked Machop off of it with a bullet seed to the face and then hopped back up.
    "Machop, use leer!" John shouted as he ran down the hill towards the battle. As he was gaining speed running down he saw the seedot cringe from Machop's glare. Hopefully its defenses were low enough for a leg sweep.

John had finally reached the bottom of the hill and met up with the others when he noticed the seedot launching another barrage of bullet seeds at Machop. Could it be distracted enough by firing all of those seeds to be brought down by one attack?

"Machop, push through and bring it down with a low kick!" He shouted. Machop stopped simply standing still and taking the barrage head on and began running forward through the bullet seeds. Machop ran right up next to the seedot only to collapse himself and sweep the seedot's legs, bringing it down on the ground again. John threw his pokeball then at the downed seedot, hoping it would not rise again.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    OOC: I've been waiting for our AFKs to show up but hey, whatevs.

John noticed the Seedot running towards the others below and threw his pokeball into the air. After a flash of white light Machop appeared and slammed into the seedot. The small creature knocked Machop off of it with a bullet seed to the face and then hopped back up.
    "Machop, use leer!" John shouted as he ran down the hill towards the battle. As he was gaining speed running down he saw the seedot cringe from Machop's glare. Hopefully its defenses were low enough for a leg sweep.

John had finally reached the bottom of the hill and met up with the others when he noticed the seedot launching another barrage of bullet seeds at Machop. Could it be distracted enough by firing all of those seeds to be brought down by one attack?

"Machop, push through and bring it down with a low kick!" He shouted. Machop stopped simply standing still and taking the barrage head on and began running forward through the bullet seeds. Machop ran right up next to the seedot only to collapse himself and sweep the seedot's legs, bringing it down on the ground again. John threw his pokeball then at the downed seedot, hoping it would not rise again.

The Pokéball fell to the floor, dragging the Seedot inside in a bright red light. It bounced on the grass violently as the Pokémon inside struggled to get out.

The ball shook once, twice, three times. Then the button on the ball faded from red to white, the Seedot had been caught.

• John caught a lv 5 Seedot!
    • Seedot knows Bide, Harden and the special move Bullet Seed!
    • Machop gained some battle experience.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sara actually jumped when the crazed Seedot appeared and started to shoot seeds at them. The girl had not expected a Pokemon to come out like that in the area they were in. There wasn't even any grass where they were. But, they where near a forest and it was probably very likely that Pokemon would live there too and want to fight as well. Still...

"Guess we should get started," Sara muttered under her breath to Renyard and walked after John down the hill. She didn't know if the other boys would follow her or not, nor did she really care. Right now, all that was on her mind was getting to the camp ground to finish this mission for good.

However, Renyard didn't seem to share her urgency. At least, not in the face of what he considered a threat. The fox suddenly stopped just before he and his trainer where to catch up with John and his Machop. Renyard suddenly spun to the left and growled at the shadows of a tree. Sara stopped when she heard the still pathetic growled and looked to where the fox was glaring at. It took the girl a second to figure out what her starter was making sounds at, but with a shift of the leaves she saw the 'threat' and groaned.

There at a crook in the tree, blended quite well if the shadow of the bark and the leaves, was a Metapod. True, it was a very big Metapod, about seven inches bigger then the regular kind, but still a Metapod. It just laid there against the tree, obviously just waiting for the time when she could evolve in a Butterfee. It should no interest in the group or what they were doing, kind of like Sara herself.

"Ren, it's just a Metapod," Sara said with a sigh. "There's no need to get worked up over anything. Come on, lets just go."

Renyard grunted, not liking how his trainer was criticizing him. As if to prove something to Sara, the fox opened his mouth and launched his Ember attack at the seemingly oblivious Metapod. The girl tried to yell at her starter to stop but of course by then it was too late. However, just before the fire balls hit her, the Metapod detached itself from it tree it was sticking to and fell to the ground, making the fire balls hit the tree.

Both Renyard and Sara blinked in surprise, neither expecting the bug to have that much intelligence. Of course, they also didn't expect the Metapod to come jumping out of the bushes and slamming her large body against Renyard in a Tackle attack. Renyard let out a yelp of pain as the tackle knocked him back. Then before he could recover from that, the Metapod shot out some string, tying the fox's leg to the ground.

"Renyard!" Sara shouted. "Use Ember!"

Renyard didn't have to be told twice. The Fox Pokemon took a deep breath before letting out a particularly powerful blast of fire balls. Fortunately, the Metapod still wasn't very agile, even less so do to her size. The fire balls hit her and knocked her down, burns in many different places. Sara could barely stand the site of the poor thing like that, so she picked up a Pokeball and threw it at the Metapod.

8U

I'm random. What about you?
    Years
  • Arturo trails behind the rest, watching them battle and talk. He almost leapt forward to help with the Seedot battle, but John handled it well. He sped up to walk beside Sara.
    "N-nice." Arturo complimented her nervously.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    "Ren, it's just a Metapod," Sara said with a sigh. "There's no need to get worked up over anything. Come on, lets just go."

Renyard grunted, not liking how his trainer was criticizing him. As if to prove something to Sara, the fox opened his mouth and launched his Ember attack at the seemingly oblivious Metapod. The girl tried to yell at her starter to stop but of course by then it was too late. However, just before the fire balls hit her, the Metapod detached itself from it tree it was sticking to and fell to the ground, making the fire balls hit the tree.

Both Renyard and Sara blinked in surprise, neither expecting the bug to have that much intelligence. Of course, they also didn't expect the Metapod to come jumping out of the bushes and slamming her large body against Renyard in a Tackle attack. Renyard let out a yelp of pain as the tackle knocked him back. Then before he could recover from that, the Metapod shot out some string, tying the fox's leg to the ground.

"Renyard!" Sara shouted. "Use Ember!"

Renyard didn't have to be told twice. The Fox Pokemon took a deep breath before letting out a particularly powerful blast of fire balls. Fortunately, the Metapod still wasn't very agile, even less so do to her size. The fire balls hit her and knocked her down, burns in many different places. Sara could barely stand the site of the poor thing like that, so she picked up a Pokeball and threw it at the Metapod.

The Metapod, inflicted by burns from the hot embers, was taken into the Pokéball in a burst of light.

The ball struggled in the grass, the button flashing rhythmically with each shake, until it finally laid still in the grass.

• Sara caught a lv 6 Metapod!
    • Metapod knows Tackle, String-shot and Harden
    • Renyard gained some battle experience.

(Success and the levels are being decided by dice roll << you guys have been lucky so far!)

Edit: I've also extended the time limit til Monday 9th :)

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • Just watching Sara catch the Metapod, made him want to fight. Wow that Vulpix has some power behind it, and Sara can use her skills to the max with that of the Vulpix's to make a great team. Zippo and I wouldn't stand a chance against them... wait yes we could because Zippo's ability makes him amune to fire type attacks. I would never fight her though.

"Zippo, are you ready we could run up on a battle any time, so keep your eyes wondering, and your senses sharp." The pokemon did as he was told. The two trailed behind John, Sara, and Arturo. They kept wondering, looking as if they were hunting. Zippo let out a bark then jumped into a bush. All Brantley heard was the yelps of Zippo. He fled the bush just to be followed by a tiny Starly.

"Zippo, use Ember now." Brantley gave the command. Zippo let out a series of little fire pellets, but Starly evaded all but a few. The Starly took flight, and headed the other way. "Way to go Zippo, you ran it o.." Just before Brantley could get the sentence out of his mouth the bird swooped down hitting the dog full force knocking it backwards.

"Zippo use leer now!" Brantley was mad at the bird for taking down Zippo What was that move? Brantley pulled out his book of Pokemon, and looked up the Starly. Just a dang tackle. The Starly froze at the leer scared.

"Now Zippo, use Ember!" Brantley said. Zippo let out another series of pellets that hit the bird sending it out of shock and into the base of a tree. "Finish it of with Em.." Brantley stuttered to give the command to knock out the opponent, when he saw how beat up it was. The Houndour turned around looking at his trainer, waiting for permission to end the battle.

"We can't hurt the little guy anymore Zippo." Brantley said sympathetically. He took off his book bag, and took out a pokeball. He also put up his book. He threw the ball at the bird and it turned to a red wisp, and went inside the ball. Brantley and Zippo stood watching.

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    John looked on as Sara and then Brantley began challenging other pokemon in the area. Well at least the ball is rolling now. Once they're done we can start moving across the river. He looked at the pokeball in his hand. The pokeball that now held a Seedot, his new pokemon. John had to admit he felt better about their chances now that the team had some new party members in metapod, seedot, and hopefully starly. Arturo had caught up at least, though he still seemed incredibly nervous. Maybe a battle with a wild pokemon would calm his nerves. Or maybe it would cause him to crack for good. John wouldn't take that chance now, so he decided to simply follow the others for now and be prepared for more combat.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sara looked over at Arturo and grunted slightly. "It was just a Metapod, nothing to get really excited over." Sara said and looked away. "...Thanks, anyways."

The girl then walked away from Arturo and helped Renyard out of the webbing that the Metapod had incased him in. When the fox was free, he head butted his trainer and whimpered slightly. Sara just patted him on the head, letting Renyard know that things were good between them. This made Renyard wag his tails contently.

Sara looked at the Pokeball that held the Metapod she had just captured. She would have to heal it with a Potion when they reached the camp grounds and look for a rwast berry, that would heal the burns. The girl also realized that she would have to train the Metapod so that it could evolve into a Butterfree as quickly as possible. Luckily for Sara, the cocoon actually knew an attack so that wasn't impossible. Now, all that was left as to give the new team member a name.

"...Julie," Sara finally said. "Your name will be Julie."

That figured out, Sara walked over to where John was and watched as Brantely fought against the Starly. She was impressed with how the boy handled the battle with his Houndour and hoped that he would catch the bird.

8U

Years
  • Arturo swallowed hard, hoping he would run into a Pokemon soon. He wanted to show off his skills. "Shinx, be ready." He muttered quietly, staring into the bushes around him. A sudden rustle came from a bit up ahead. Arturo raced ahead, ready for battle. A Rattata burst out of the bushes with a strange seed in it's mouth. It blinks at Shinx, confused, then drops it seed and stands over it protectively.
    "Rattata!" It hisses.
    "Tackle!" Shinx lands a perfect blow, knocking the Rattata back. The Rattata stands up and whips it's tail around furiously, and Shinx lowers it's guard watching the Rattata. Rattata then bursts forward in a burst of speed, colliding with Shinx. Shinx manages to stand it's ground.
    "Leer!" Arturo shouts, and Shinx shoots Rattata a deadly look. Rattata freezes with fear. "Now, tackle!" Arturo readies a Pokeball. Shinx slams into Rattata and quickly leaps back. Rattata is battered and bruised, it breathes heavily and gathers it's strength. Arturo throws the Pokeball, and in a flash of light, Rattata is gone.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    "We can't hurt the little guy anymore Zippo." Brantley said sympathetically. He took off his book bag, and took out a pokeball. He also put up his book. He threw the ball at the bird and it turned to a red wisp, and went inside the ball. Brantley and Zippo stood watching.

The ball shook on the ground, violent thrashes weakening into gentle shakes. The button flashed red, continuing even though the ball fell still.

It appeared as though the Starly was caught until the ball suddenly burst open, the bird Pokémon emerging in red light and using the last of it's energy to get to the safety of the forest.

• Starly escaped!
    • Zippo gained some battle experience.

p.s. Pokéballs are recyclable if they weren't successful, but you can't use that one again for a few hours.

Arturo swallowed hard, hoping he would run into a Pokemon soon. He wanted to show off his skills. "Shinx, be ready." He muttered quietly, staring into the bushes around him. A sudden rustle came from a bit up ahead. Arturo raced ahead, ready for battle. A Rattata burst out of the bushes with a strange seed in it's mouth. It blinks at Shinx, confused, then drops it seed and stands over it protectively.
    "Rattata!" It hisses.
    "Tackle!" Shinx lands a perfect blow, knocking the Rattata back. The Rattata stands up and whips it's tail around furiously, and Shinx lowers it's guard watching the Rattata. Rattata then bursts forward in a burst of speed, colliding with Shinx. Shinx manages to stand it's ground.
    "Leer!" Arturo shouts, and Shinx shoots Rattata a deadly look. Rattata freezes with fear. "Now, tackle!" Arturo readies a Pokeball. Shinx slams into Rattata and quickly leaps back. Rattata is battered and bruised, it breathes heavily and gathers it's strength. Arturo throws the Pokeball, and in a flash of light, Rattata is gone.

Rattata, too weak even to stand, was pulled into the Pokéball. Due to it's condition the ball barely struggled at all and the red light soon faded. Rattata was caught!

• Arturo caught a lv 4 Rattata!
    • Rattata knows Tackle, Tail Whip and Quick Attack.
    • Shinx gained some battle experience.

8U

Years
  • "Shinx!" Shinx purred, happiness and pride glowing in it's eyes.
    "Good work," He praised, petting Shinx happily. A sudden thought an through his mind. His disabled cousin, who died in a house fire saving his beloved Pokemon, Shinx. Arturo knew that this Shinx wasn't the one Xavier owned, but Arturo felt a rush of emotion. Arturo would do anything to save his Shinx. "Good work, Xavier." Arturo smiled at Shinx, and Shinx purred at his new name. Arturo picked up the Rattata's new Pokeball. He would have to heal it as soon as possible. He pulled out the berry hand-book and flipped through it. Finding Pecha berry, he read up on it. He sighed and closed the book.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sara nodded slightly when she saw Arturo capture the Rattata. She sighed when the Starly Brantely was trying catch got away. She really thought the boy with the Houndour would had caught that bird for sure. But, things just didn't seem to work out that way.

Looking away, Sara moved closer to some bushes that might have berries and bent down to get a better look. But after pushing the leaves aside, she didn't find any kind of fruit or flower. The girl grunted her disappointment, making Renyard hearbutt her in comfort. Sara looked down at the fox and grinned slightly before standing up again. She looked at her group members before she walked towards the bridge and started to cross over, Renyard right beside her.

8U

Years
  • Arturo followed Sara across the bridge, staring down at the river. Xavier raced across the bridge, terrified of the rushing water below. He accidentally slammed into Sara, almost tackling her. "Xavier!" Arturo scolded, rushing forward to put the little Pokemon back in it's Pokeball.

Back