• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sanctum Rangers [PG-13]

Years
  • Mervin follows behind the others, watching them all. Archie the Trapinch rides on his shoulder.

"Look at them, Archie. Already they're capturing new Pokemon. They said this was a routine expedition, but for us, it's a whole new adventure! Keep your eyes peeled for any new challenges, Archbug!"

Archie nods eagerly as his owner poetically praises the trip.

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    John noticed as he was crossing the bridge that it was less of a bridge and more like a very unstable log knocked down. He followed right behind Sara and Arturo, frowning when Arturo's Shinx slammed into the leader. The last thing we need right now to have everyone fall into those raging waters. It would take a very strong pokemon to ford that river and none of them had pokemon like that yet. So for now they would have to be content with this shaky bridge. He turned his head to see Archie had followed them and nodded. Now at least we have five people. Now if we can just survive this damn bridge. John quit looking around and went back to focusing on the bridge.

8U

I'm random. What about you?
    Years
  • "S-sorry! Are you okay? I d-didn't know Sh-shinx would do that. I'm s-so sorry. He must have been extremely scared. I'm really sorry." Arturo rambled, helping Sara up. She had almost fallen in the raging water below. Arturo thought she had almost died. He swallowed hard, and ran across the rest of the bridge.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sara gasped when the little lion suddenly slammed into her. The girl's feet, already unstable by the rickidy bridge, all but went out from under her. Sara let out a gasp as the moving water rushed up to meet her. Renyard let out a loud yelp of panic but, luckily for both, Sara was caught by Arturo before falling in.

There was a pause as Sara was nearly completely still as she tried to get her breath back. When she recovered, the girl glared evily at Arturo and jerked her arm out of his hand.

"Keep an eye on that damn cat of yours!" Sara all but growled and walked the rest of the way off of the bridge. Renyard let out a growl himself and bared his fangs at the Shinx before he followed right after his trainer, tails raised high.

8U

I'm random. What about you?
    Years
  • Arturo released Shinx from his Pokeball, and glared at the small Pokemon. "How could you Shinx! Everyone was getting along fine, and we walked across the bridge, and you went crazy! She almost died! If I hadn't caught her in time..." Arturo scolded, shaking with anger and fear. "Now, she absolutely hates me! Just like everyone does." Arturo turned away from Shinx, still shaking. Shinx stepped forward and gently touched his nose to Arturo's heel. "Don't apologize to me! Apologize to her and her Vulpix." Arturo said, walking away with his hands in his pockets. Shinx could only follow.

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • Brantley followed at the end of the group still in shock that he didn't catch the Starly. If I would have known that I would miss it then I would have let Zippo use it as a chew toy. Zippo looked depressed as he trudged along.

"Whats the matter buddy? Its ok that it got away. I'm not mad at you or anything." Brantley knelt down to pat his pokemon on the back when all of a sudden he heard a scream come from up ahead. Sara had almost fallen into the river, but thanks to Arturo she is ok.

"Wow that bridge doesn't look that safe. Look there is the objective right up there, its in sight!" Brantley felt a glimmer of hope rush through his body as they approached the bridge. "Zippo be careful, and keep your cool. We are going to make it." The two walked across to the middle when Zippo stopped.

"Are you ok boy?" Brantley asked patting the dog pokemon on the head telling him that he was right there if anything were to happen. The Houndour bit Brantley's hand to sho that he loved him. They walked the rest of the way holding their breathe hoping that nothing would happen. To their luck nothing did. The two caught up to the rest of the group.

"We are almost there, I can smell it."

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sara turned slightly when she heard Arturo yelling at his Shinx and when Brantly caught up with them. The girl just grunted once more and continued walking ahead of everyone. She really didn't care what Arturo did with his Shinx, nor did she care if the cat apologized to her and Renyard or not. However, when Brantly said that they should be close, it did give Sara some hope that this whole thing might be over soon.

A growl from Renyard made the girl stop in her tracks. Sara looked in the direction that the fox was growling at and braced herself, expecting this to be another Pokemon coming out to fight. Her fears were realized when something moved in a blurr of speed and knocked Renyard over. When the thing slowed down, it showed itself to be a Rattata.

Sara grunted, not wanting to be side tracked by something like this. But since she had little choice, the Rattata clearly wanted to fight them, she said, "Okay Ren, use Ember!"

The Fox Pokemon quickly got up at his trainer's call and sent many little fire balls at the wild rat. The attack hit the Rattata right on and knocked him back. However, the Rattata got back up fairly quickly and used another Quick Attack. Fortunately, Renyard was expecting the attack and, having learned from the Riolu he fought, dodged the very speedy move.

"Another Ember Renyard!" Sara called out.

Renyard did as he was told, once again hitting the rat right on. Though obviously suffering from his new wounds, the Rattata used another Quick Attack, this time hitting the fire fox.

"One more Ember and that should be it Ren!" Sara shouted.

Renyard was in agreement, but when he used his only attacking move, the Rattata also used Quick Attack. It was unclear if the little fire balls would be enough to defeat the fast moving rat, or if the speed he was going at would just be enough so that it didn't do too much damage and hit the fox...

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    All of the sudden the bridge started rocking back and forth, nearly throwing John into the water. What in the world is going on up there? He looked ahead to see Sara battling with a rattata on the bridge. Was the fool girl planning to knock them all into the water? He vulpix was firing balls of flame all over to try and hit the rattata and if even one of them hit the support ropes then they were done for. John watched as the wild rat pokemon charged straight at a ball of fire, hoping that the creature wouldn't smash right into the bridge.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Renyard was in agreement, but when he used his only attacking move, the Rattata also used Quick Attack. It was unclear if the little fire balls would be enough to defeat the fast moving rat, or if the speed he was going at would just be enough so that it didn't do too much damage and hit the fox...

Rattata used quick attack relentlessly, flickering around the bridge with frightening speed and colliding with Renyard who was not quite keeping up.

Regardless the Vulpix kept flicking Embers towards the speedy rodent, hoping for a chance hit.

Thankfully luck was on their side.

"One more Ember and that should be it Ren!" Sara shouted as the Rattata prepared itself to attack again. The sudden call urged it forward, quicker than before. The rodent tripped on a loose plank of the bridge, tumbling in to the oncoming ember.

In a fit of panic the burnt Rattata flung itself in to the river below.

• Renyard beat the wild Rattata!
    • Renyard matured to level 7!
    • The Vulpix learned the move Roar.
    • Renyard is exhausted from the fight and needs to rest before it can battle again.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • (OOC: Not that it matters now, but I was actually off of the bridge when the battle happened...)

Sara really wasn't all that satisfied with the end result of the battle. Sure, it was great that they beat the Rattata, but Renyard was hurt pretty badly from the fight and the girl was more then sure that the rat was going to drown to death in the river. Not that there was anything else that the girl could had done, they had to get rid of him or else he would would had done even more damage. Still...Sara wouldn't wish that on anyone or anything.

"...Lets just get the hell out of here..." Sara grumbled, bending over to pick the fox up. Renyard nuzzeled against his trainer, both to comfort her and as a way of thanks for giving him a chance to rest. Sara butted her head silently against Renyard's head before she continued walking to the camp ground.

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    (OOC:aaaaaaaahhh, okay. Little unclear about that.)

Finally they had crossed the bridge. John began looking around to gather their surroundings and noticed that the sun had begun to set, meaning it was time to set up camp.
    "Well we've gotten across the bridge, so lets set up for the night and then tackle the caves tomorrow. Why don't we set up sleeping bags right up there." John pointed to a ridge just ahead. "That should give us a good view and we'll be close to clean water."

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sara nodded at John's suggestion to camp here for the night. It did make sense to the girl that end up here, plus there were plenty of bushes. Sara placed her pack and Renyard down and walked over to those bushes. The girl bent down and looked fairly urgently though them. She needed Rwast berries to fix the burns on Julie, her Metapod, and Oran berries to heal some of their wounds.

The first bush yeilded nothing, but the second one did have some Rwast berries on them. Sara smiled picked up as many as she could. She went over to the next nearest bush and looked through it. This one had a couple Oran berries for which Sara was gratful for. She didn't want to use her Potions right away.

The girl quickly walked back and placed one Oran berry by Renyard. As the fox sniffed and nibbled the berry, Sara reached into her pack and took out the Pokeball with Julie in it. She threw the ball up and the burnt coccoon appeared in a flash of light. Sara winced as she viewed the poor bug. She really wished she hadn't gone so hard on the girl...

With a sigh, Sara picked up the larger then normal Metapod and a couple Rwast berries. "I'm really sorry about what happened before," the girl said as she squished the berries and rubbed them on the burnt wounds. "I didn't mean to hurt you this much. Heck, I didn't mean to attack you at all. I'll make sure that Renyard apologizes to you later."

Julie didn't seem to react at all to what Sara was doing or saying. At first, Sara was worried that the berries weren't working but then she saw that the burns were going away. The girl smiled and when she seemed to have gotten rid of most of the burns, she took out the other Oran berry and held it in front of the bug.

"Here, this will make you feel even better," Sara told Julie. The bug shift her slightly narrowed eyes at Sara before she lowered her head part and slowly ate the Oran berry.

Sara smiled and looked over at Renyard. He was curled up and fast asleep, the stem of the Oran berry in front of him. The girl felt something pressed against her hand and looked back to see Julie slightly butting her head against her new trainer's hand.

"Sorry big girl, but I don't have any more," Sara said. This didn't seem to bother the Metapod as she first jumped onto Sara's shoulder then jumped again so that she stuck to the back of the girl's left shoulder.

Sara grunted with the added weight, Julie wasn't the lightest thing around. But she didn't complained, she took this as Julie accepting her. So, the girl turned to her pack and started looking for the things needed to set up camp.

Years
  • Mervin follows behind the rest, slowly crossing the bridge. Archie was pretty slow normally, so Mervin carried him in case of emergency. He silently watched as Sara slipped and was saved, Arturo sulked by himself, and Sara fought a Rattata. After crossing, the group prepares to bed down for the night. Mervin steps forward as the others unroll sleeping bags. "Everyone, Archie and I are still fresh. We'll keep watch during the night in case of an attack. Sleep well knowing we are on guard!"

Back