• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sapphire Surf - A Journey Like No Other! (Water Type Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • In real life, how much do you actually love the water? Are you a great, or mediocre swimmer, or maybe can't swim at all? Even discuss how much you enjoy water gun fights!

I love water but am not the best swimmer anymore. Used to be great as a kid but ever since I got older I've stopped swimming as much and can't do it as well as I used to. :(

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • I have a question for you guys. The Water Pokemon you picked as your partner, is there any specific reason you picked them? Is is a Water Type you've had for a while? Is it a partner you are continuously moving from on generation to the next? I would like to know because my partner, Kippers (shiny Mudkip), was the first Water Type I got in Sapphire and didn't evolve him and now he's gonna go into X when I get it. He is my partner and I would never give him up and would be devastated if I lost him.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I have a question for you guys. The Water Pokemon you picked as your partner, is there any specific reason you picked them? Is is a Water Type you've had for a while? Is it a partner you are continuously moving from on generation to the next? I would like to know because my partner, Kippers (shiny Mudkip), was the first Water Type I got in Sapphire and didn't evolve him and now he's gonna go into X when I get it. He is my partner and I would never give him up and would be devastated if I lost him.
    I honestly didn't have any specific reasons for picking Dewgong, other than the fact that it was the first one that popped to mind when looking for a partner. The Water type is one of the few typings I don't immediately identify with a certain Pokemon, or have any specific favourites. I like Water type Pokemon because they're all around useful, have beautiful designs for the most part, and because I just can't imagine playing through a game without one. But I usually tend to mix it up whenever I play when it comes to Water types, instead of binding myself to one favourite, which is why I've never really seen one as my favourite of them all, but rather I like most of them at just about an equal level. So in fact, they could nearly all pass as a partner Pokemon. But I guess Dewgong kinda had the edge, because it's one of the few that I can recall a specific playthrough of using.

It was one of the first Pokemon I ever used in competitive battling, and the first I ever EV trained myself, so I've really had much more memorable experiences with it than most others. And it did really well too, and I'm pretty sure I still have it on my team, even though I've passed the level cap for most tournies with it. But yeah, I reckon that's why it was the first that came to mind when choosing a partner, but again, I don't necessarily like it more than others :p

If Lugia had been a Water type as its title would suggest though, I definitely know which one I would've chosen. Would also have meant I could just c/p my reason for choosing it, since it's a story I've told in so many other clubs already ;p

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I actually had to check the OP to see what partner I chose when I joined. It was Jellicent and considering her name, Pualani, I think she was my Pokemon for a Pokemon OCT on dA that I would've joined if I could draw, but sadly I can't. I did however use a Jellicent with that nickname in my game, and I even had to do a bit of hunting to make sure she was female and had Cursed Body, like I'd originally planned her for the OCT.

So anyway, I have so many Water Pokemon that I like a lot, so the partner I'd choose for this club would probably be the one I like the most at the current time. If I were to join back when I started playing White, I would've chosen Seismitoad, who is still one of my strongest Pokemon. In White 2, my starter was Oshawott, so I would've probably chosen him had I joined then. And if I were to join right now, my partner would be Clamperl, because she is super adorable and I happen to be training one right now :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • If it's ok with the club owner, I want to make a Water-type team of my own and add it here.

134.png

Vaporeon @ Mystic Water

-Aurora Beam
    -Hydro Pump
    -Acid Armor
    -Quick Attack

130.png

Gyarados @ Mystic Water

-Hydro Pump
    -Dragon Rage
    -Hyper Beam
    -Dragon Dance