• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Searchers

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    If TheAbyss is rejected, I'd like to submit a contender for the final spot.

Pokemon: Marowak

Personality: Very direct and a bit forceful, Marowak has worked hard her entire life. She enjoys every minute of it, facing tough challenges and overcoming them. She may seem over-focused, but she just hasn't found anything more interesting yet.

History: Cubone was seperated from her mother at a young age, as all Cubone are. She soon joined a group that promised they could give her a meaning in life, and maybe find her mother. Cubone worked hard, often fighting other Pokemon in order to toughen herself. After evolving, the leader of the group rewarded her with a Thick Club and said she knew where Marowak might find her mother. Marowak left for this elusive location, witnessing a group of Ponyta being abducted. She overheard one of them mention Mt. Silver, and Marowak fled the scene, headed towards the mountain.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    Grifspark- Actually I hadn't even known about OCC threads until after I had posted this. Besides, there are others who don't use them.

Draginja- Your accepted.

I probably should have put this in the first post but all of the pokemon characters I listed live on mt. silver (except for Glaceon because she belonged to a trainer). I know none of them except for Ponyta are normally found there but that's just the way this rp is.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Maybe so, but otherwise posting can be painful without a more relaxed way to chat to fellow RPG'rs, and you can easily discuss parts of the RPG, ect, ect.

And it would make sense for a Snover to live on a mountain, that's where you find them in Sinnoh.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    Maybe so, but otherwise posting can be painful without a more relaxed way to chat to fellow RPG'rs, and you can easily discuss parts of the RPG, ect, ect.

And it would make sense for a Snover to live on a mountain, that's where you find them in Sinnoh.
    I would have had an OCC thread but I didn't know about them until it was to late so I'm just sticking with this.

I know Snover are found on mountains. I said the characters I listed not the ones others used in their SUs.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    Oops sorry.

Ponyta lifted her head and looked around at the sleeping forms of the other pokemon. There was a large asortment of pokemon and they all had their differences but they all had one goal: To find their friends and families that had been captured by a group of humans known as Team Rocket. It had only been three days since Ponyta's herd had been captured but she felt like it had been three years.
    The sun peaked over the horizon and the pokemon around her began to wake up. Ponyta got onto feet and went to find breakfast, which wasn't that hard as she normally just ate grass. When she had eaten her fill she went back to the other pokemon, ready to get moving.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Marowak finds some food for herself, and looks over at the rest of the group. "Hmm. Did you all escape from Team Rocket because you were skilled, or because they didn't want you? Ragtag bunch of misfits here." She doesn't seem to realise she has no internal monologue.

Years
    Aron wakes up, hearing someone talking. He sees Marowak, and notices Ponyta munching on some grass. This makes Aron hungry, so he wanders over to Marowak, who slept by some rocks. Aron digs through the rocks, smelling iron underneath them. He happily devourers some iron ore, paying the others no mind.

IceFireLighnting

Vulpix woke up and saw Ponyta a short way ahead, munching on some grass. She went up to her, taking an Oran Berry from a bush on the way. "Hey. When'd you wake up?" Vulpix asked, all the while munching on her berry. She found amazing interest in the flavor, though, wondering how it could cover the five major flavors: sweet, bitter, sour, spicy, and dry.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nilla woke up to the sound of chatting. Vulpix, a new friend, was talking to a Ponyta, and a Marowak was talking to herself. She got up and plucked two Oran Berries from a nearby bush. "Ok. I know you like bitter," said Nilla to her giant maw, "but this is all we have for now." She tossed the berry in the air and caught it with her big mouth-y thing. She bit into the other one with her real mouth. "Hm...why does it taste so bland, yet so tasty?"

Last edited:

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Searchers
    Ike's Story #1 – Awakening

"Mmm… These berries taste good!" Ike yelled in joy, they were much better than the Rawst berries he usually found.

While Rawst Berries had a very bitter, hard texture, these Pecha berries exploded in his mouth, absorbing him with the sweet, soft flavour.

"I'm glad you like them, sweetie" said his mother, looking happy that her son was enjoying his meal.

xxx

"Another flashback…" Ike murmured to himself, as he examined a small berry bush.

He picked a few berries, each a bright blue in colour; they weren't Rawst berries. They were a much deeper blue, and round in shape. He took a small bite of the new berry; it tasted spicy, bitter, dry and sour all at the same time. It was nice, but he much preferred Pecha Berries.

"Hmm. Did you all escape from Team Rocket because you were skilled, or because they didn't want you? Ragtag bunch of misfits, here" yelled a Marowak, who was just one of the many who were missing friends and family.

Honestly, Ike couldn't remember. But they probably didn't want him; Ike could barely pull off a decent Icy-Wind. But he was getting better… The Marowak was soon met by a newly awoken Aron, who began to dig through the ground, and start to gobble up some of the rocks. Ike thought it was a little odd, but some Pokémon ate some strange things.

"Hey, when'd you wake up?" Ike turned to the voice, thinking it was asking him.

But the voice, which came from a Vulpix, headed over to a nearby Ponyta, who was gentle grazing on the grass.

"Oh, I know you like bitter" exclaimed another voice, a Mawile this time. Who seemed to just be talking to herself…

Ike sighed, he felt like he would never find his mother, or regain his full memory.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    "Hey, When'd you wake up?" Ponyta looked up at the voice and saw Vulpix walking toward her.
    "About half an hour ago," she replied. "I was to anxious to get moving." She looked around at all the other pokemon again. "It's amazing how many pokemon have been seperated from their friends and families," she said sadly.

IceFireLighnting

"Yeah..." said Vulpix, watching a Mawile eat a couple of Oran Berries. She saw a lonely-looking Snover in the middle of all of the...action? "I'm going to go introduce myself around the camp. Wanna come?"
    -----------------
    Nilla walked around, astounded at how boring it was when she had no one to talk to. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "The others around me, duh!" She saw two friendly-looking Fire-types off talking by themselves. "Well, I'll go talk to them first. You agree, Mawie?" Her iron appendage snapped in approval and she walked over to trhe Ponyta and Vulpix. "Hi. I'm Nilla!"

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    Ponyta was about to answer Vulpix when she a mawile walked up. "Hi. I'm Nilla!" it said. Ponyta was a little surprised by its forwardness but replied, "Nice to meet you. I'm Ponyta and this is Vulpix." she turned back to Vulpix and said, "That sounds like a good idea. It would be nice to know who we are traveling with."

Skiron

Skiron Skarmory
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Sunstar ate a berry, being hungry, and just kept quiet, like she did all the time, but she decided to go around and meet other pokemon. So she did just that.

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
    When Nip came to, he realized that he'd passed out from exhaustion from the journey and the howls in the night. He was a little dizzy and felt dehydrated, but managed to pull himself to his paws. At first he sat back and gazed out at the mountain's view; it was foggy and snowy. The wind rushed past him, fluffing up his chest tuft and cooling him in a very soothing way.

His ears were perked, but swiveled backwards at the sound of movements, and then voices. Snapping his jaws a couple of times, a natural response to the thirst, Nip the Poochyena did a one-eighty with his profile and witnessed the gathering of unfamiliar faces in his surroundings. Generally, after the little display that had dog-napped his father, Nip would have been completely shaken by the strangers; he had no reaction and merely stood from his sitting poise and padded towards them.

It seemed that they were eating, and it was a wise decision for them all to make. They needed strength, but though the dark-dog's stomach groaned and moaned for fulfillment, Nip just couldn't fathom eating... Anything. Dipping his brown tinted puppy nose to the snow, the pooch slowly lapped up some gulps of it. Though it resembled that of a slushy in texture, the half-frozen liquid quenched him well. At first his tongue picked up small amounts of the frozen tundra -- but after the puppy's body reacted to the much-needed fluid, his speed increased.

Finally, the dog licked his chaps and turned back to the others. They were an odd bunch, but he didn't seem to care for now, the life and spirit seemingly vanished. What the Marowak had said ignited a small bit of fury in the distraught Pokémon, what she said crossed him as arrogant. He was almost tempted to counter her with the idea that she also failed to be abducted, but being alone now, Nip had to pick his battles.

His father had always told him that running was more effective than being a hero. Nip would heed this rule of thumb, at least in his old man's memory. 'I will find you, dad.'

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Marowak steps away from Aron, holding her bone defensively. When she sees him start eating rocks, she relaxes. "Poor thing. So hungry it resorts to eating dirt." She finds some Berries, eating them quickly. "There are Berries right here! Poor fool..."

Years
    Aron consumes all of the iron ore in the rocks, still hungry. He hears a voice calling to him. "There are Berries right here!" Aron looks and sees Marowak showing him some food. What a nice lady. She's looking out for us all. He goes and rubs against her leg, mumbling "Thanks." as he does. He eats some Oran Berries, holding on to one for later.

Back