• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Secret of the Unknown [Rated: G]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    OOC: Well, I'll let you in... because I'm a nice guy. So post your sign-up. NO MORE SIGNUPS AFTER THAT. In the meantime, it is time I started up.

My Pokegear alarm went off, screaming at me to get up. I opened my eyes and watched the driplets of dew slide down the side of my tent. I unzipped my sleeping bag and unzipped my tent. I grabbed the pokeball that sat on the makeshift table outside and dropped in on the ground. A flash of light surrounded the frontside of me as my Gardevoir appeared, levitating before me. "Good morning. I hope you had a good rest." I said to Nightmare. Like always, she never answered back. I walked down the path that was near and soon reached a rope barracade I had put up so no one would disturb my work. I took a deep breathe and packed it all away. This area had no interesting stuff in it. I was pretty far from Violet City, where I had to be tomorrow, to host the excavation of the Ruins of Alph. Hopefully, the Pokegear text messages reached everyone okay but I didn't let that bother me. It was time to make the long trekk through Union Cave, back up to Violet. I looked back at the sign that read,"Slowpoke Well." and didn't think twice about leaving. I was so excited to be hosting such a big event. I just hope all goes well. I thought as my Gardevoir turned to me. Don'ttt worrrryyy, itttt willll. she thought back. Nightmare could only understand thoughts, and that was never much of a problem. I entered the cold, dark cave and clambered up the rocks. It was going to be about an hour, two tops of getting back to Violet City. Hopefully, I wouldn't get held up.

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
    Kenta walked through the ruins with Butterferee by his side. "I haven'y seen anything yet! Spenser must be losing it." Kenta said. "Frrrrrreeeee!" Butterfree replied. "I know, right!" Kenta said. Suddenly his styler started ringing. "Solana here. I heard about your mission in the Ruins of Alph. Everything okay?" Solana asked. "Everything's boring. But besides that everything's great babe!" Kenta replied folding his arms behind his head. "I told you not to call me that, Kenta! Just get back to work." She replied blushing. "What stung her in the but?" "Frrrreeeeee?" Butteerfree pondered. "I know, right!" Kenta exclaimed as the two of them went deeper into the cave.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Barry is in the cave where the ruins are held. He walks with a torch looking around his surroundings. There are strange symbols on the walls of the ruins. Barry goes near the walls and runs his hand on top of the symbols with a look of wonder.

"Tch, serves them right." He remarked to himself referring to the people who could of made the ruins.

He took a step back and kept walking, not paying attention, he walked into someone.

"Watch where you're going you clumsy nut!" Barry yelled in anger that someone hit him.

He moves his torch around to see a kid on the ground, he has brown hair and a red bandana, he is accompanied by a Butterfree. But what struck out most for Barry was the fact that this person is a Ranger, A Pokemon Ranger, a type of person that Barry just could not stand.

"A Ranger? I used to be one. It's going to be fun burning you to a pile of ashes!" Barry laughed.

Barry moved his jacket to show a single pokeball on his belt, he unclipped it and threw it at the Ranger.

"DRACO! I CHOOSE YOU! BURN'EM UP!" Barry commanded.

A red light was released from the ball and out came a black Charizard.

"GRAHH!" It roared.

Years
    "Wow, it's been a while since I've seen these ruins..."said a man, smiling over the glorious Ruins of Alph, you could see in his eyes that he was looking back to younger days. "So, what do you think, Scizor?" The gleaming red pokemon exlaimed the first syllable of it's name to his trainer, in satisfaction of the ruins. The pokegear around Salem's wrist began to buzz, and he turned to look at it, suddenly the mysterious trainer realized that it was almost time for the excavation to begin. He and his pokemon began rushing toward the ruins, not wanting to be late.

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
    "I dunno what you've got against a ranger, but I appreciate the excitement! Butterfree! Protect!" Kenta exclaimed with a cheesy smile on his face. The flames blasted the aura and disappeared. "Listen rookie. Before I was a ranger I was a master trainer! Me and Butterfree go way back! I only bacame a ranger for the excitement! I was gonna quit but you've shown some light on my mission! Butterfree!" Kenta shouted. "Frrreeee!!" Butterfree screeched as it charged towards Charizard. 'Is that thing black?' Kenta thought to himself at the last second...

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    "Elec-Trike!" Yelled the little furball of Electricity, using Thunderbolt.
    "Ah!!" Screamed Max jolting awake, because of the electricity.
    "Electrike" Said Electrike triumphantly.
    "Sorry Electrike, did I oversleep, Again?"
    Electike said nothing but glared at Max sarcasticly.
    "Don't glare at me, we need to get going."
    "Prepare for trouble...
    ...and make it double!
    To Elect the world into devastation!
    To smite all peoples within every nation!
    To announce the wonders of truth and love!
    To expand our roar to the stars above!
    Bonnie!
    Clyde!
    Team Rocket defeating all those who are good and right,
    Surrender now or prepare to lose the fight!
    Skitty, you got that right!"Came a voice.
    "Not today, not this early in the morning" Groaned Max...
    "With our robotic Donphan, your Electrike is as good as ours" Yells Bonnie.
    Suddenly the Donphan mecha curls up and rolls at Electrike, and rolls right over it. Max starts to look around in horror, to see Electrike isn't there.
    "The trunk sucked that Electrike in just like is was designed to!" Boasted Clyde.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Barry laughed at Kenta's last statement. Barry's a mad man, a man who isn't so thrilled of people, especially Pokemon Rangers. He still holds a chip on his shoulder ever since he was kicked out from the Pokemon Ranger Center, but he isn't going to tell that to this guy.

The butterfree is seen charging towards Draco, but his Charizard knows a move that Kenta doesn't know of, at least not yet anyway...

"DRACO! FLAMETHROWER NOW!" Barry demanded.

Draco flapped his wings and spat out the powerful fire attack from his mouth, throwing a beam of pure flame onto the Bug-type Pokemon who rushed into it.

"Burn it, burn it all down!" Barry told his Charizard raising his hands with curled fingers.

Ronike

Dec Spriter and Shadow Trainer
    Years
    Scyther said I could join, so here is my role:

Name: Ronike
    Type of Trainer: Normal
    Appearance: See my avatar
    Personality: Ronike is and has been for a long time a loner and a bit harsh and boorish towards other humans. He displays great compassion and loyalty towards pokemon and, at least it is said, those who manage to befriend him. He seems to wander aimlessly to and fro, stopping only at places which catch his attention or have great hype. Its also said he likes a challenge: both physical and mental
    History: Very little is actually know about this trainer, only that his family died when he was young, leaving him alone with next to no one, except for one rumored very close friend. Its said that he has traveled the world many times over and that he has helped avert many a crisis as well as that he has conquered some of the most elite trainers on the globe. Its said that he has even defeated the gym challenges in all four continents and passed the orange island league. No one knows why he lost his eye.
    Other: Ronike has somewhat poor depth perception, but a good sense of hearing due to training to outweigh this.

Pokemon Sign-Up Sheet:
    Name: Shales
    Type of Pokemon: Metagross
    Appearance: Shales is the same size as the average metagross, its color is similar to the shiny version, only the silver is darker and the cross is a black metal, not bronzish.
    Personality: Shales at first glance appears very aggressive, but this one is actually quite wise and something of a passifist. However, Shales is extremely loyal to its trainer and will do whatever Ronike tells him, even if he would prefer not to. He is also rather loyal to the few that have befriended Ronike.
    History: Shales is said to be the first pokemon that Ronike received from his family when Ronike was eight. This explains the extremely close bond that the two have. They both can understand the other completely and often times it seems as though they know what the other is thinking. This close bond allows Ronike and Shales to communicate psychically even when a few miles apart.
    Other: Shales usually travels outside of his pokeball, but he does have one.

I'll wait for approval before starting though.

Ronike

Years
    Ronike awoke, as usual, with many rocks sticking into his back. "Man, another day of soreness and pain" He thought out loud, "Oye,Shales, come on back so we can get goin'"
    "On my way, meet me at the path to the east."
    Ronike got up and walked east, chewing on an energy bar on the way, til he reached the path. Instinctively, he looked up and saw Shales levatating down.
    "You had a good morning, Shales?"
    "Quite, I managed to snag some mcdonalds for you if you'd like some
    "I LOVE MCDONALDS!!! Wait, how'd you manage that? Wait never mind, I already know. You 'borrowed' it, didn't you?"
    "Duh, do you really think I could fit in those small doors?"
    "'Course not. Thanks man, I was kinda hungry. Anyways, we should head towards those ruins of Alph."

They walked onward in silence, but Ronike's eyes got darker and darker as they continued.
    "You gonna be ok Ronike?"
    "Yeah, and beisdes, I want to see what intrigued him so much about these ruins that he gave his life for them. Besides, don't you want to see our old friend again? Hes said to be there on a dig."
    "True, wouldn't want to miss him"

They emerged from the woods and came to the caves.
    "Union cave, eh?" Ronike said, reading the nearby sign aloud, "Cool. Now all we gotta do is wait for him"

OOC: The person who Im waiting for does know, so its not just the first person. and if you didnt pick up on it, the italics are thoughts, regular is spoken. Im on the north end. Forgot to mention that

Last edited:

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
    "Use psychic to stop that flamethrower!" Kenta exclaimed. "Now sleep powder!" He continued. "Now while thier napping we'll vamoose." Kenta said, as he and his poke'companion dashed off. "Frrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee!" Butterfree yelled in the horizon. "He's progressing to fast... Time to slow him down..."
    DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    OOC: please have at least four ines, this is a good RP and I don't want to see it closed
    Sorry I didn't start yesterday, I had to get to bed...o.O

IC:

Andrew woke up early. He walked out of his tent, and streched. Then, Andrew went back in the tent to change. Andrew walked out, again, and started to make breakfast. This time Andrew made eggs and bacon. He let out Mooñ to give him some breakfast too. Then, Andrew let out the rest of his team: Riolu, Shinx, and Buizel. He gave his whole team some breakfast. Andrew then packed all of his things, and set off for Violet City. Andrew started walking along, when his PokèTech's phone rang with a text message. It read:

Come to the Ruins of the Alph. Bring only one Pokèmon. I'll see you there.

-Ryozo

Andrew remembered Ryozo. He had met him a little while back with other people who were also interested about the world around them. Andrew hurried to get to Violet City, to drop off Riolu, Shinx, and Buizel. Andrew finnaly got there and dropped of three of his Pokèmon. Then, Andrew went to the Ruins of the Alph, and saw someone running away with a Butterfree. Andrew thought that they were escaping froma crime, so he had Gallade teleport in front of him to battle.

Years
    "What was that?!"the back of Salem's trenchcoat waved to his right as he stopped running suddenly. His peaceful blue eyes were now glaring to the inside of a nearby cave. His companion had heard the roaring too, as he'd stopped hovering and was trying to investigate the sounds as well. "You heard that roaring, right Scizor?"Salem asked his companion, who nodded. Both of them knew there must be something going on in this strange ruin, which happened to be the one they were excavating. "Get ready for a battle, Scizor,"the mysterious trainer said as he turned to his pokemon, "We don't know what might be in there."

Just seconds later both Salem and Scizor were rolling on the ground with laughter. They had expected something more fierce than a Charizard and it's trainer drizzled with sleep powder.

Ronike

Years
    Ronike had been pacing for what he thought had been quite some time now when finally...
    "Alright, Im sick of waiting, let go in there and find him."
    "OK, but you do realize we have been waiting only 15 minutes, right?"
    "I know that... Well whatever, lets just go in there and find him."

The two ventured in for a while, when they came to a fork in direction.
    "What now, Ronike?"
    "Shhh. Im listening for footsteps."

Ronike closed his eyes and stood still for about thirty seconds, listening for echos that most would be unable to hear. Finally, he opened his eyes and pointed to the right.
    "There are footsteps coming from that direction."
    "And I sense a psychic presence that way as well."
    "Sounds like them, lets go."

The two continued for a while, doing the same at all the intersections until they rounded a corner and...
    "Ryozo. Its been far too long," said Ronike, his eyes softening.

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
    "Why does this always happen to me?" Kenta said as the Gallade appeared in front of him. Kenta backed up only to fall over a Geodude. "I've got an idea..." Kenta said blinking at Butterfree. It blinked back. "Captue On!" In mere seconds Kenta had drawn loops around the Geodude and captured it. "Geodude! Self-destruct!" Kenta shouted. Geodude exploded and dust shot every where. Kenta saw a Pidgeot and captured. "Take flight, Pidgeot!" Kenta continued. They flew off towards Olivine city.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Barry woke up, the sleep powder didn't last very long. He saw his Charizard which was sleeping still and kicked him,

"You stupid idiot, you let him escape!" Barry told his Charizard.

The Charizard brought its head down in failure while Barry continued to yell at him.

"Tch, I'm gonna get that Ranger, I'm gonna get them all." Barry said in anger as the opposing trainer ran away from the battle like the coward that he is.

"Can't even finish a battle huh? Too afraid I bet." Barry told himself.

He picked up his torch and lit it again, he's angry, very angry that nothing went his way. Just then Barry saw something, looks like there are some more people coming into the cave that he's in to look at the boring ruins, maybe they'll be less of a coward and bring up a good battle.

"Chairzard shoot out some flames towards the tunnel to let everyone outside know we mean business, no one else comes in here without getting through us, and this time no sleeping. Got that?" Barry told his Black Charizard.

The Fire-type pokemon nodded and breathed out fire through the ruins where the enterance is and then roared right afterwards.

"CHARR!!"

Barry waited to see if anyone else came in and started to make a fist with his free hand, "Where are these Trainers that the message spoke of? There has to be some people here I can burn!"

Years
    "Woah buddy, that's no way to treat your pokemon!"Salem said with hostility burning in his eyes. He gave the newly awakened Barry a shove toward his Charizard and continued to tell him off. Scizor nodded at each of the angry points Salem made about the other trainers behavior.

"What's your problem with rangers anyway?"Paroo asked, turning his head to the side.

Salem knew he shouldn't be promoting the ongoing violence among the invitees, but he couldn't help it. In the pit of his stomach the blue clad trainer could tell that a battle was going to emerge from this.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I stubbed my toe about fifteen times in the god forbidden cave. Luckily Gardevoir could float, make me actually jealous. These cave always scared me and I always pondered why the Magnet Train only ran to Saffron. Time to go... Gardevoir said. Something was bothering her, she seemed to know what was about to happen. I heard footsteps but Gardevoir wasn't leading me away from them. She was leading me too them. My heart skipped a beat when I rounded the corner, obviously when a trainer sees a pokemon the size of a minivan, like Metagross, it scares the crap out of you. The Metagross moved out of the way and I saw who was behind it. Then my heart skipped six beats.

Animehero

Elite PKMN Trainer
    Years
    Kenta hopped off the pokemon and released it. He felt the air brush is face and watched the water row back and forth.
    "Spencer's gonna kill me for ditching, but not like I had a choice, right bud?" Kenta said gesturing to Butterfree.
    "Frrreeee..." Butterfree said timid looking from side to side. Suddenly Butterfree flew off towards the lighthouse.
    "Butterfree!!" Kenta said, jetting off after him. He's never done this before! Kenta thought to himself. Butterfree flew to the very top of the lighthouse and through the highest window. Kenta tried to open the door, but it was locked.
    "Darnit! Butterfree! Come back out here!" Kenta shouted up to the window. Kenta noticed a Machop walking around. Kenta quickly captured it and used it to break the door down.
    "I'll take the lawsuits later!" Kenta exclaimed as he jogged up the steps.

Last edited:

Ronike

Years
    "Hey man, don't have a heart attack," Ronike said while smiling, "so its been like twelve years since we last saw each other, its no reason to make that kind of a face at me. Now come on, I know we have a lot of catching up to do, but Im ready to be out of these stupid caves."
    The two made for the violet town exit while talking about all sorts of things.
    "So I hear you're leading an excavation at the ruins of alph. What for?"
    "Well you see, the ruins have texts on them speaking of... well here I have a picture of it on my pokegear. Take a look."
    Ronike and Shales took a look at the text found on the ancient walls.
    "Are we sure it is wise to be opening this? I mean 'the killing had to stopped'? That couldn't possibly be anything good..." Shales remarks after Ronike told him the texts.
    "True, but think of all the ancient artifacts that could be found. And what of all the mysteries that this could unravel?" Ronike responds "And besides, any living thing locked away would long since be dead, right?"
    "I suppose."

The group continued for a while when Ronike noticed that Ryozo was looking at him rather strangely.
    "Whats troubling you old friend?"
    "Nothing. Its just..."
    "Let me guess: the eye, the hair, and Shales' weird colors, right?"
    "Yeah. How did that happen?"
    "Remember when he had those really bad storms a few years ago? Well, me and Shales were at the peak of mount Chimney in Hoenn when they struck. Of course, at that altitude, we were bound to have some troubles. Lightning struck my eye, causing it to lose all the color and permamently damaging the iris so that I can no longer see out of it. Its alright though, my sense of hearing is considerably stronger now that I only have half of my vision distracting me," Ronike said with a smile, "But Shales got worse. That much metal in a lightning storm is no good. He got struck... how many time Shales?"
    "Seventeen."
    "Right, seventeen times, which altered his genetics, creating his unique hue. All in all, we were lucky to survive that one. So tell me..."
    And so continued the two, swapping stories and tales, until they reached the ruins.
    "You gotta be kidding me, thats whats in that stupid well?" exclaimed Ronike. "Man, never would've guessed. Hey, looks like a fight over there." He continued, guesturing towards the mouth of the cave where flames shot out. His expression hardened. "Fire's not a toy, thats how people get hurt. Ill go take care of this."
    "NO!" shouted Ryozo. "The magnitude of a battle inside those caves could cause a cave in elsewhere and prevent us from continuing the excavation! Let me call the police. They'll handle this." Ryozo pulled out his pokegear and dialed the police and told them the situation. "You're on your way? Great! Bye"
    Ryozo hung up and turned to Ronike, only to find him no longer standing there. In fact, Ronike was no longer to be found anywhere.
    "Sorry mate, Ronike's not to fond of the police. He says to tell you we'll meet you back here tommorrow when the excavation is to start. See you then!" came the metallic twang of Shales' thoughts.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back