• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Secret of the Unknown [Rated: G]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    OOC: Just so you guys know, that metallic creature is the Secret of the Unown. Now that you're in the real world, DO NOT HAVE IT AWAKE. Have it in suspended animation.

IC: I felt the atmosphere of the room change when I noticed Pat had left. I knew what to do with this puzzle, and I wanted her to see. Hopefully she'd find her way out. I mean, I just couldn't leave, I couldn't. When Barry left I actually felt kind of relieved. No more destruction to these remarkable ruins I said as I unzipped my bag. I pulled out a giant suitcase that when I opened up revealed 28 pokeballs. All conveniently placed in ordder. Soon I had unleashed all the pokemon that had been compressed in their to reveal every Unown possible, even the elusive punctuation.
    "All right guys, I caught you in these very ruins, and you're my pokemon so do what I've taught you... circle formation, now!"
    The pokemon made a perfect circle all in order of the alphabet and slowly orbited the shrine where I stood. The ruins shook as the Unown started to glow, as a giant crack in the wall appeared. The odd thing about this crack, though, was that it was perfectly straight, until at least I noticed it was giant door openeing. The door revealed nothing but darkness until finally I was greeted by the last thing I would expect. The other people I had invited to the Ruins...
    "Wha...?! What are you guys doing down here?!"

Years
    "What was that?!"Salem exclaimed as the ruins began to shake. Beneath the tall golden doors he saw a bright glow escaping. He heard several chatters of Unkown, as the ruins shook violently. The lime eyed trainer had no idea how the creature remained dormant during all of this action. "No matter...there's no time for distraction. Scizor, there is a very powerful force at work in these ruins, and I believe that this creature is it's source. We need it in our posession..."

Scizor nodded and began pacing around the circular room counter-clockwise, it was a strange maneuver. Salem had already begun walking around the creature in the other direction. Both of them seemed entranced, completely ignoring Ronike. The pair seemed to be inspecting the creature, observing it's details. They were also looking toward the floor frequently, at the many strange markings etched into the stone.

The beast's crimson eyes were fixated on the tall golden doors. It was like a statue, trapped in a position. Though it's pose didn't look defensive. It was if it had frozen itself, in a position of dominance. As though it held a position of power. Within the golden ring which surrounded the beast, a golden light rose, making the beast look even more glorious. The strange markings on the floor and walls seemed to root off from the ring, perfectly symetrical around the entire span of the room.

"What is this thing?" Salem asked confused as to what the beast was. It didn't look like a living thing, it looked like a machine. A robot. How could something like this be in ruins thousands of years old, and what purpose could it serve? There had to be something strange at work here. If he'd come to the real world after shattering the Unkown's then why hadn't the hat that had blown off come as well. Why did Metagross retain his burn mark while the beast's mark had completely vanished?

Olha

Young Priestess Tamer
    Years
    OOC: I'm lost help! I don't know what's going on? What the hell is the metallic thing and what not?

IN:

Pat had made her way and had suddenly collopsed at having another (tremor???). When it stopped, she slowly stood back up and looked around. She didn't know the guide wanted to show her anything, but something about this place was too much for her to handle. She kept getting fearious hazy flashbacks and when she tried to focus on them again, she recieved a huge headache which caused her to stop.

She bent over, collopsing to her knees, clutching her forehead. "This is stupid, why am I having those hazy memories trying to reviel themselves and when I try to think on them, I get a headache. What is going on?!" she yelled out loud as the headaches subsided again as she stood up.

She began to walk again, trying to forget about the place when she was shocked to see strange markings on the sides of the walls on either side. The thing was that these markings were the unknown's bodies imprinted in the wall. She stopped and turned to her right looking at them.

"That's strange, I don't remember these markings here. Am I lost?" she asked and shook her head as she continued walking.

It was a good half hour before she realized she wasn't getting to the entrance. She stopped and looked around. Instantly her mind began to race, Where am I? I am lost? What do I do now? No one knows I left the guide and he probably doesn't even know I'm missing. He's a scientist or archologies so it's only naturally he wouldn't know, but still.

She decided to turn around and try to retrace her steps again. She began to wonder if it was smart to leave the ruins, but she couldn't help but feel something unique and frightening, so. . . Unknown. Pat hated the unknown. (Not the pokemon unkown.) She hated not knowing what was going to happen to her in this place. The fact she felt that unknown, scared her greatly. She hated to be scared especially since she had only one pokemon partner with her. Had she thought about brining her other pokemon, weather it was asked to or not, she would have so that if her pokemon she had now with her, had been hurt or weakened, she'd be out of luck and end up getting hurt herself, maybe even killed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    OOC: I don't know what's going on either lol

IC:

Every tunnel looked the same. Every turn ended up going to the same destination. Every path led to the same way. Circling the ruins and growing dizzy in the darkness, Barry has finally lost his way. Away from everyone else he seems to be alone, unable to make his way through the tunnels. Was it smart of him to just leave with no guide? Probably not. All he wants is to just leave this place and let everyone else deal with the Unown.

After a bit of walking he bumped into someone,

"Gah!" Barry muttered. He looked closely and could see a pink haired girl, she looked scared. Not of Barry but the place they are in, the maze in the ruins.

"What the heck? Thinking you own the place.... taking up the whole tunnel!" Barry said getting angry over nothing.

"Fine!" Barry moved aside from her, "Do what you want, but I'm getting the heck out of here, you can tell that nut Ryozo thanks, but no thanks. I have trainers to seek and Rangers to beat up! I don't have time for the mysteries of Pokemon!" Barry admitted to her.

He muttered some curses to himself and continued to trail off using Draco's tail light as a guide in the darkness. He then found a narrow tunnel with symbols of the unown across the walls. As he walked through it the symbols began to move a bit and big eyes were opened watching Barry.

"Wha-What the heck is this?!" Barry asked surprised.

The walls of the tunnel began to ooze with the same slime that Barry was soaked in only moments ago when he was brought back from the Unown Realm.

"Great, it's these things again! Draco! Flamethrower!" Barry commanded.

The Black Charizard shot out a force of fire from his mouth. The attack though didn't seem to work as the Unown kept on advancing towards them.

"What stops these things? Tch, I never leave a fight. I'm ready to win! And if winning means burning down this place then I have no problem with that! Draco! Fire Spin!" Barry yelled.

The Charizard began to shoot fire everywhere turning the tunnels into a spectacle of light and flame...

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    OOC: The Secret of the Unown is that metallic creature. By me and the one girl entering he place we awakened its spirit inside the sprit world of the unown. Scizor brought its spirit into its real world body and now it is dormant but all hell is about to break loose. So don't worry, the robot thing will wake up and it will be like before the Unown sealed it away, "to protect there fate." Just read that poem and you'll understand. AND STOP WITH THE FIRE IN THE UNOWNS, the unowns won't suddenly attack you. Enough with the fire. Just, let Ronike post and Ill go.

Ronike

Dec Spriter and Shadow Trainer
    Years
    OOC: Sorry, been real busy with school and work

"Salem, I think we should just leave before that thing awakens. Its obviously too powerful for us to destroy if it survived the dimensional collapse and that hyper beam with barely a scratch." Ronike made for the exit, thinking Ryozo and Scizor would not be far behind. When the trainer continued to pace around the Machine, Ronike began to get impatient.
    "Salem! Salem!!!" SALEM!!! GOD CURSE IT SALEM, WE NEED TO LEAVE!!!"
    Calm yourself Ronike, he's obviously too preoccupied for whatever reason with that creature.
    Ronike restrained himself and gritted his teeth
    We need to leave now, or else this thing will wake up and I get the feeling it won't be happy to see us. Ronike thought to Shales
    True, shall we get Salem's mind off of it forcefully then?
    Guess its the only way... Pick up Ryozo in the next room too, I keep hearing his voice from there. They may not like it, but we need to leave. Now.
    There was a pause, and then: I told Nightmare whats happening, and she's telling Ryozo and getting him outta there herself. Puts less strain on me, four people are enough already
    And with that, Ronike, Shales, Salem, and Scizor all began to glow with a blue light and hovered in the air.

Olha

Young Priestess Tamer
    Years
    Pat was slightly shocked at being bumped into and turned to look at the boy. She stayed silent as he spoke and she gave him a nasty and angered looked. However she shoved it off. She didn't want to move down to HIS level. As he left her she knew it would be better to stay where she was and not follow the arrogant trainer who only wishes to find strongest pokemon trainers. Pat wished she had her own fire type pokemon to take on his Charizard and teach him a lesson.

Her pokemon were strong yes and she had divided her team into two teams. One for regular battles and the other for performance battles. Her dragon pokemon she had with her was used for both and she really didn't want to engage in a battle unless it was necessary. The last thing she wanted was to have a wounded pokemon in a cave of wonders. She gasped a bit as she was hit with another wave of hazy memory and she tried not to think about it.

Just then, she heard screaming and the roaring of a Charizard. Shortly flames burst in the area. She ran to where he saw her and stopped gasping at the sight before her.

"Will you stop panicing and call off Charizard?! No wonder you think you're tough. You panic alot and you think that's how you win battles?!" she growled angrily as she noticed the slight slime and again she was hit with a wave of hazy memory, but this time, it stayed as she clutched her forehead.

VISION
    Pat noticed the headache was gone and she opened her eyes and gasped at where she stood. A silvery-white mist formed around the secret chamber where there was the pillar. She walked over to it only to find there was no writing, but on top was a small silver plate with 26 letters written in the long forgotten language of the alphabets. Pat turned upon hearing something and noticed a little girl about 10 years old running to the pillar.

She wore a silvery-white gown with spaghetti strapped dress that tapped the floors surface. She had long light pink hair that hung down and went to the back of her knees she presumed. She didn't get a look at the girl's features, but strangely enough, she bent down on her knees and looked up to the plate with her fingers interlocked together as she held them in front of her chest.

"Please Protectors, the Guardian is out of hand, Please forgive the King for trying to control the guardian from you. We didn't realize it was too powerful to control. Please protect us. My father is only human and I tried to tell him not to take the guardian from your control. Please help protect my race, my people and my pokemon friends. Please." she pleaded when the plate glowed and there appeared 26 unknown that surrounded her.

As Pat watched, the 26 Unknown had released a powerful golden light that engulfed the area including herself.

RETURNED
    When pat blinked and looked around she looked at the green ooze. "The Unknown. . . I'm not sure but. . . I think I know what had happened all those years ago. But first things first. " she stated to herself. "Turn and run Baka!" yelled Pat as she watched. "What is more important to you? You're life or your pride?! No one can defeat that green slim so lets get moving now!"
    Pat wasn't going to move until the head-strong trainer came to his senses.

Years
    As Salem was pulled into the air, the entranced look in his eye disappeared. He looked sharp and focused again. Though despite this his eyes still had a malevolent look to them.

"Thank you, Ronike..."he said shaking his head, as if he were trying to regain the bearings of his lost mind. "We have to find Ryozo and fast...Without him there's no way for me to find out the secret of this thing..."Salem said, his voice still bringing about a certain eerieness, not the same calm and peaceful voice he'd had before. "I don't think I've been very straight with you on my identity, have I?"he continued after a pause, finally bringing up the subject of himself changing after the monster had appeared in the Unkown Realm.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Barry grew upset at the girl who was around him,

"His name isn't Charizard! It's DRACO!" He shouted.

"DRACO! BURN THE SLIME OUTTA HERE!" Barry commanded.

Draco lifted up his head and blew out flame toward the slime. The slime remained however, as if untouched by the fire. The weird goo started to ooze down to from the wall and threw itself at the black Charizard.

"What in the world?! What is this stuff?" Barry asked confused as to why he can't hurt it.

"Baka? BAKA? What's a baka? You can leave if you want, but I am taking this slime down! I am Barry! The toughest trainer! I will burn this cave to the ground with my fire! NO SLIME CAN BEAT ME!" Barry told Pat. "Draco, stop fooling around! Fire Spin!"

Draco unleashed a vortex of fire towards the slime. The flame managed to burn some of it but more slime just kept on pouring down until it finally started to cover Draco.

"Gah!" Barry muttered. Draco was getting covered by the slime until it was unable to move any longer without struggling. Barry returned Draco to his pokeball.

"That's it! I don't need that darn Charizard, I'll do this myself!" Barry said angry. He punched the slime but he ended up only hurting his hand by the wall. The slime started to get on him now.

"Grrr... Fine! But this isn't over yet! Oh no! Not by a long shot!" Barry spoke to the slime, and with that he grabbed Pat's hand and ran for it.

"Good thing I'm here to save you! I have to do everything around here! Sheesh!" Barry told her as he ran off with her.

Olha

Young Priestess Tamer
    Years
    She chuckled a bit at his question.

"BAKA means Idiot!" she said shocked that there was a trainer who didn't know Japanese Language.

Of course, not many trainers did, that's why she tought her pokemon all japanese words for attacking in battle. It was one tactic that always left her opponient confused and on their toes.

She hmphed and turned to walk away at his comment. "FINE! Be a stubborn baka." she mumbled.

She was shocked when he grabbed her hand and ran her out. She followed as she was dragged.

"You saved me? PULEASE!" she growled as she jerked her hand away. "Baka." she confirmed that even though she heard him say his name, that was going to be her pet name for him until he wised up.

She ran ahead of him. "Oh, and uh, for the record. . . I can run faster then anyone. They don't call me the wind goddess for nothing." she stuck out her tongue and giggled suddenly sprinting fast toward the exit.

Years
    "Ronike...Let us down, please..."Salem said as he noticed the slime begining to shift around. He could hear flames from outside the room, obviously Barry had done something bad again. The glowing slime began to climb up over itself trying to reach the four in the air. "We have to get out, now!"

The slime just kept getting bigger and bigger on the floor, it seemed to just grow from the walls, though it wasn't able to touch the ring that contained the giant beast. Salem tried to struggle from Shales' psychic grip, but it was useless until he stopp the attack.

"I SWEAR BARRY, IF I EVER GET OUT OF HERE ALIVE, YOU'RE HEAD IS MINE!!!"Salem shouted as loud as he could, hoping Barry could hear him as the slime finally began to wrap around his foot, trying to pull him down.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    "Ha ha, guys, if you havn't noticed, I'm already here."
    They both jumped up about two feet as my voice echoed through the cavern. "How could you not have noticed that giant door opening? I've been standing right here for about five min... wha... oh my god... it's beautiful..."
    I was in awe at the petrified statue that stood in the middle of the room. In front of its feet it held a plaque. It read,

Beware, for in here...
    No one can hear your screams...

"Woah, creepy. This must be it... the secret of the Unown. It's wonderous. Now, tell me, how the hell did you guys get down here? And I'm getting really sick of this slime, and I know what it is... it is organic material, which means it is alive, but it has no mind. Wat I mean is it is like a worm, it moves but it has no brain. It is created by the Unowns Hidden Power, which creates useless matter, like this slime. It may be annoying but don't worry about it, light is what gets rid of it, not direct liht but serious light from the move flash."

Last edited:
    Years
    OC: OH, the door was to us. When you said "other people you'd invited" I thought you meant people not represented by rpers.

IC: "We took the scenic route,"Salem said turning to Ryozo with a grin. He sword he'd looked back during the slime attack and seen the door shut. "But we have other matters to deal with right now,"he continued, looking back toward the monstrous slime, writhing about trying to take shape. The slime from outside the chamber was now coming into the room, and Salem knew that nothing good could come from it.

Scizor became a blur on the other side of the room, and instantly reappeared beside Salem, poised to strike whatever was attacking them. Another glowing sphere was beginning to form in his right claw.

Salem knew that Scizor and Nightmare alone wouldn't be able to fight this, and Shales was still weak from whatever attacked him. He had no idea where Barry was, as well as anyone else Ryozo had invited. Like the ranger who'd attacked Barry with Sleep Powder.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    "Stop worrying about the slime. It is nothing bad, believe me, the rain washes out of the Ruins all the time. Don't fight it... only energy will be lost if you do, so calm down."
    I walked over to the statue and nearly hugged it.
    "My life's work, finally completed... now... how to excavate this to the surface.."
    With that final thought, the big statue in the middle, in which I thought was petrified, clasped its hand.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Barry followed Pat into bright light, they have found an exit. Barry ran out of the ruins and found himself back at the dig site again, its mid-afternoon.

"Eh, eh..." Barry muttered, catching his breath from the run.

Barry looked at Pat and twitched his upper lip like a dog towards her with a disgusted look across his face.

"Tch, wind goddess? So, you think you're hot stuff huh?" Barry asked Pat making fists out of his hands.

Suddenly screams could be heard echoing from the cave, it sounds like someone is in trouble. Barry grinned and started to walk away from the ruins.

"I don't know about you pumpkin but I'm getting out of here. There's nothing here for me other than some weak trainers who deserve what's coming to them in there." Barry told Pat pointing his thumb to the cave behind him, uncaring of the people in trouble within.

Barry then put his hands in his jacket's pockets and began to walk away...

Ronike

Dec Spriter and Shadow Trainer
    Years
    "Which is why we are getting out of here." Ryozo sprang into the air along with the others. "We do NOT want that thing awake again. That thing is too powerful, especially in here. Its aura alone is powerful enough to bring this whole thing down around us. Sorry Ryozo, but we are leaving. Now. For real this time." And with that, the group of trainers and Shales flew out of the room at a high speed and made for the exit. "So Salem, what was this before about your identity and not being entirely honest?"

Last edited:

Olha

Young Priestess Tamer
    Years
    She giggled as she made it out and turned to look at Barry with a big smile and unlike Barry, she was tired and breathing heavily, but she did not show it as she stood there folding her arms.

"At least I don't pretend I'm the best baka." she murmured no at all affected by his insult.

She did get a kick out of Barry's arrogance and tough attitude. She rose her right brow at the head strong trainer and folded her arms in front of her with a look of slight infatuation, though she never knew it. Here a few screams she looked toward the ruins and then back at Barry as she gave him a disgusted face.

"Fine Baka, be an idiot. At least when I talk, I do the walk as well. And when I walk, I do the talk. You are nothing but talk and talk with no walk." she scolded as she turned to walk toward the ruins. "You are all talk and don't even back up what you say." she knew what she had said before that would confuse anyone who didn't understand and had finished with that last line.

She took in a deep breath and relaxed herself as she wondered how she was going to get in there to help without getting lost again. She began to think of a plan.

Years
    "Well, my name is Salem Paroo, but I'm not really the kind, peaceful traveller I let on to be...Let's just say I have very dark intentions, and to fulfill them I'll need the energy from that thing inside the ruins..."Salem said trying to make it sound the best it could. "And by the way, you should have studied it more while it was still a statue, Ryozo...Entering that ring is what awakened it." A flashback came to Ronike and Salem, of Salem and Scizor pacing around the room observing everything.

Then there was no time to think. The ground began to tremor furiously, and cracks began to open all over the ruins, bright white lights shooting from each of them. The giant monster began to rise through the top of the ruins forcefully, screeching violently.

Scizor appeared in front of Barry, using it's unrivaled speed. The Scizor simply pointed in the monster's direction, prompting the man to look back and help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Barry made a pause in his walk as not only did the girls words bothered him but the Scizro from before stood in his path. He turned around to face the girl yelling at him,

"What? WHAT?! Do you really think that I can't beat up all those monsters in there if I wanted to? Grrr..." Barry started to grow a red face and became upset.

"I'll show you missy! I'LL SHOW EVERYONE IN THERE THAT WHEN YOU MESS WITH FIRE YOU'LL GET BURNED!" Barry marched back to the ruins and released his Charizard.

"CHAR!" Draco growled.

"Pull yourself together you dumb dragon, we have some guys in there that needs a good whoopin! Are you with me?!" Barry asked Draco.

The shiny Charizard threw his head up and made a fantastic roar.

"GRAAAAHHH!!!!" Draco roared.

Barry jumped on Draco's back and held on to his neck,

"Use your wings for once and get in there and burn up anything and everything you come across!" Barry told his Charizard.

The Fire Pokemon snarled in happiness by this idea and swiftly went back through the cave where there it awaits its challenger, the Unown!

Olha

Young Priestess Tamer
    Years
    As she stood there thinking she turned and glared at him as he flew on his Charizard.

"Baka! Stop!" she yelled as she ran toward the entrance while taking out her pokeball from her left side and pushed the button and threw it ahead of her. "Use Light Screen and block the entrance!" ordered Anya as a red beam shoots out of the opened ball and there appears a glittering Dratini making it's call.

Instantly already infront of the entrance, a mystical shield forms infront of her and the entrance as Anya looked to the black charizard and his trainer.

"If you want to prove yourself to someone, then prove it to me! Show me that you are not a Idot!" she challenged reading herself.

They just got out, to think he would be stupid to enter back into the ruins was stupid, especially if it's collapsing. It seemed the screams had faded which only means one thing. Everyone was fine.

"It's not right to pick on the Unknown. They did nothing to hurt you!" she growled angerily as she awaited to see if she accepted her challenge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back