• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Secret of the Unknown [Rated: G]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Draco smacked his head into the light screen and fell to the ground on its side where Barry slid off him. Barry got up with some dirt on his jacket and raised a fist out towards Pat.

"What is your problem? I can do whatever I want!" Barry told the girl. He then looked at her Dratini, "Hahahaha! What is that? A mutated Caterpie?" Barry joked with Draco grinning by the joke.

"You're such a weakling, Draco here wouldn't even waste his time fighting your worm." Barry said with Draco nodding, "You trainers are a joke, but you know what? I'll play your little game..." Barry said with a mean voice. "I'm going to burn your worm there to a crisp and turn it into a Dratini shish kabob!" Barry laughed.

"Draco! FLAMETHROWER!" Barry commanded.

The Charizard moved its head and shot a beam of fire across the field toward the Dratini.

Years
    Suddenly the Dratini disappeared from the massive flames, consumed by a red blur. Reappearing behind Draco was Scizor holding the small dragon pokemon.

"Now's not the time to fight each other! Haven't you looked up yet?"Salem shouted pulsing with anger, beckoning to the giant monster tearing it's way through the ruins. From the glowing cracks flowed swarms of the Unkown, circling the beast in a large sphere formation. As each piece of the ruins fell apart several more Unknowns flowed from the openings.

"That is our enemy. And we have no chance against it either. The only way we may survive for a few precious minutes, is if we all work together against these things,"Salem said darkly, his voice eerie with the mention of their impending fate.

The Scizor walked over to Shales and Nightmare, who were standing near their respective trainers. The three stood in a proud line ready to face whatever this beast was, or at least that's what Salem hoped was going through the minds of the others'. Scizor had put the Dratini down and choose sides for itself.

"Now! Are you with us? Or against us?"Salem said, his head coming up his lime green eyes glowing with Scizor's again. The navy trenchcoat blowing behind him triumphantly.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I couldn't take it anymore. I reached into my bag and pulled out something I hoped that I did not have to use. A gun.
    "Barry! What the hell is your problem?! Can't you see this is probably one of the most worst times you could be pretending to be tough? There is one thing I hate more than seeing these beautiful ruins fall apart and that's seeing you with your totally distorted ego. Now you have two options... one, you can shut up or sit down, or two, well, you know the answer."
    I was shaking all over, knowing that I had unleashed something upon this world. I watched Barry out of my peripherals as I stared hypnotically at the disastrous event that was taking place. By now people were gathering, and I could see Gardevoir tell Shales to tell Ronke to tell everyone to leave. Well, that's at least what I thought.
    Suddenly, out of the blue all the noise stopped, and nothing could be heard. The sky blacked out, as the Secret of the Unown raised itself towards the sky. It was in a pose that made it look like it was being crusified and it looked amazing. The unown, however, were revolving around it in a perfect circle. There chants broke the silence as they sung the most chilling song ever.

Unnoowwnn, Unnoowwnn.

It was total chaos but also the most calming thing ever. I looked at Barry. He didn't matter anymore, since everyone was putting away their pokemon back inside their pokeballs, in which I did the same thing with Gardevoir. As Nightmare dissapeared inside the red light, the eyes of the figure levitating above the sky slowly lit up in a rage of red. With a blast of a Dark Pulse, the unown surrounding it slowly floated upon the ground, fainted or maybe even dead. It moved its limbs and did a sort of a stretch. Finally, he situated himelf in the sky and calmed down. The sky was still dark, and I had a feeling it was going to stay dark, for a real, real long time.

Ronike

Dec Spriter and Shadow Trainer
    Years
    Ronike's eyes and attention belonged to the creature in the sky and the carnage it had left behind.
    So much sensless damage, this is ridiculous! That thing must be stopped, but how? Its too powerful Ronike pondered this for a moment.
    Ronike, Ryozo says you need to tell all these people to leave before they get injured
    People?
    Yes! The massive crowd behind you. Pay attention man, this is no time to be distracted.
    Shales reprimanded.
    Ronike wrenched his eyes from the floating figure and turned to his pokemon. Your right, sorry. That thing in the sky though, its so powerful.... how are we going to beat that thing? I have no idea... And since when does Ryozo have a gun! Right, doesn't matter, these people first...

"Everyone, you all need to leave. That thing in the sky there," at this Ronike gesticulated to the floating enigma, "That thing has enough power to kill us all. We shall remain to contain it, but all of you must leave. Now. If you aren't gone in two minutes, Shales here," Ronike pointed to his partner, "Will forcefully remove you. And not gently either."
    At these words, the mass of reporters and tourists ran away from the ruins.
    Well I guess that takes care of that. Now Shales, you should return. That beast up there is about to release an attack if its aura and that sound are anything to judge by.

Agreed. I will assuredly need my strength later. Just don't do anything stupid

With that final piece of advice, Shales returned to it pokeball.

Sure enough, a dark pulse came soon and knocked out all the pokemon in the vicinity, though it did far more to the unowns floating right next to the metallic creature.
    This thing... it must be stopped.
    Ronike shut his eyes for a moment and listened carefully.
    "Ryozo, Salem, Barry, and... you over there. That thing is not preparing an attack or anything, its just waiting. We need to take advantage of this while we can and unleash our combined might on the creature. We can all get back to fighting each other later. Right now, we need to stop this beast with whatever we have. So release your pokemon, and get out whatever weapons you have that we could possibly use. That thing will require all that we have and likely more." With this speech, Ronike sent out Shales and drew a small, but powerful magnum from his left boot and loaded it with ammo from his right boot. He looked to Ryozo. "You didn't think you were honestly the only one with a pistol, did you? Unfortunately, I doubt these will be accurate at all on their own from this range. However, be ready with it should that metallic thing lose altitude from our pokemon's attacks."

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Barry brought back Draco, it seems that there is something else that wants to fight, however Barry didn't really seem to care about it. He looks at trainers in front of him getting ready for a battle with that thing in the sky with those Unown floating around it.

Then it happened, the sky turned dark, day turned to night and the world seemed upside down where there the Unown around it fell to the ground defeated by the attack from the creature. Everyone is getting scared by it and are running around in panic taking out weapons and their pokemon to battle the creature up there in the sky.

Barry however doesn't feel the need to help anyone since he doesn't like anyone here. Sitting down on a stone left over by the debris of the blown up ruins he stretched out his legs and crossed them and just sat there ready to watch everyone get beaten up by the unknown creature with a look of satisfaction across his face.

Olha

Young Priestess Tamer
    Years
    OOC: Um. . . Please don't control my character like that.

IN:

Pat wasn't at all insulted by what he called her partner. . . At least on the out side. Inside, her altar ego raged with hatred for the boy.

"So, you are a wimp after all. You think you're tough when your Charizard is the one that's the weakling. Only weak Charizards who show off thinking they are strong are really just weaklings." she stated and was slightly shocked at her Dratini disappearing.

She turned to look at the others slightly upset that they would interrupt their battle, but at the same time, glad because she didn't want her partner to get hurt in the battle. She glanced up and was suddenly hit by another wave of intense pain again. She crouched down grabbing her forehead.

Dratini flew over to her side and tried to comfort her. However, as it got darker, Dratini looked to see the Pokemon were being returned and Dratini was out of luck.

"Th. . . this pai. . . Pain!" she choked out tears streaming down her cheeks. Instantly the pain disappeared and she stood up as she looked up at the circling unknown.

"Just like before." she murmured tears streaming down her cheeks now for a reason she did not know.

She stood apart from the others, staying where she was when they found her. Dratini coiled around her waist a few times, something that Pat knew was her being comforted.

Last edited:
    Years
    " I don't see why any of you called your pokemon back anyway..."Salem sighed. Scizor and him were bonded like few trainers and their pokemon had ever accomplished. If there was trouble they faced it together, not by locking Scizor up in a little pokeball. "Our attacks will be useless, we'll never get past the aura, or the Unknown. We need someone of much more skill than us. But until they get here, we can definetely try and fight."

With that Scizor began to fire up another massive hyper beam, the insides of his claws glowing blindingly.

"Let it begin..."

Last edited:

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    OOC: I don't like the reinforcements idea so please scratch that out. And Dratini's can fly?! I didn't know that.

IC: I was nearing a nervous breakdown. What had I done? Why didn't I heed their warnings. Random sentences echoed through my head like, "The Ruins mark the entrance of Hell's Gate." and things that that were completely obvious. I threw my pistol on the ground. There was no need to fight, there wasn't even a need to even try to get away. I alone had brought upon a terrible fate to the world. Soon I fell to my knees, my eyes open widely. I had never sweat like this before, and it felt like I was getting torn apart. I turned to the group. I was having a nervous breakdown, but I managed to cough out, "There is no reason to fight, just give up..."
    They looked at me in a clashing glare.
    "Can't you see what I've done?! Look at that thing! Soon this entire world will be gone. This is the legendary Secret of the Unown, the one force that would be a total nightmare to mess with. And look what I've done, I've done more than mess with it, I've totally pissed it off!"

Boom.

I fainted.

Years
    OOC: The reinforcements were Clair and Lance, (I thought that if there was a giant monster/sky turning black/ etc. that somone would notice and come) but ok I edited. And also if you're referring to me, Olha I didn't control your Dratini at all. Scizor merely moved it from the fire (which is very possible because dratinis are small) and then just set it down. I didn't have you or it make any actual decisions. And if I just came off like a jerk then I apologize, I didn't mean to.

IC: "No, it's not your fault Ryozo. We can still stop it!"Salem shouted as Ryozo slipped out of conciousness. "Wake up, we can't do this without you, Ryozo!"Salem shouted with anger, shaking Ryozo trying to wake him up.

Scizor's charged energy was much larger now, but no where near as strong as in the Unknown Realm. The fight would have been easier there, with the unlimited resources. Here there was no way to fight this monster. Salem's arms dropped to his side, his hope given up. His entire body loosened and his eyes became blank.

"We can't win...Ryozo is unconcious, and all of us are fighting amongst each other. There isn't any time left, in just a few minutes that monster will be fully awakened. As in it will actually attack," Salem said in a monotone. As if all of his emotions were gone.

Olha

Young Priestess Tamer
    Years
    OOC: *Blinks* Oh, no. I was referring to the all the pokemon were sent back into their pokeballs. That to me was taking control of my character. And fly? As in you know she was on the ground after being let out and how do I describe it? Sort of like flying but not really I just didn't know what to call it. I've never seen how a Dratini moves other then in the Pokemon Stadium where they were flying but close to the ground. That's what I was doing. And no, you don't sound rude or a jerk. ^_^

IN:

She was brought back from her pain as she looked at the guy who invited her here. She slowly stood up and walked over to him. She slowly placed a hand on his right shoulder as she gave a gentle smile.

"Don't say that. This has happened before. This. . . secret has happened before. . ." she calmly commented as she looked to Dratini who nodded her head. "Eclipse, my Dratini has allowed me to experience my headaches. We were there you and I. Don't you remember? Didn't anything in there reminded you of anything?" she pleaded softly unsure of how the secret was stopped.

That was left out, but she was pretty clear on what she saw. They were both there at the pillar before they even met. Before the two of them were born to this era. She turned to the others.

"You guys were there too. Don't you remember? We were all there." she asked hoping she wasn't going crazy and making all this up including the headaches.

She turned to look at the large metallic giant her eyes glaring at it. Dratini uncoiled herself from around her waist and landed in front of her gazing up.

"Eclipse. . . combine your powers with Scisor and the other pokemon." she ordered as she turned to the others. "Weather you believe me or not, let us use our attacks together to form a strong attack unlike ever seen before. When more then one element are combined, they can have amazing results." she explained as she remembered how she had managed to use two attacks in her final round of two different elements and got an amazing result and high appraise. She would wait for the others in hopes that they would agree with her. . . at least for what she suggested about their pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Barry took out a lighter and started to fiddle around with it, opening and closing the lid while waving his other hand above the flame. He then closed it and looked back at everyone else.

"Please, what is it with you people? You all talk like you're a bunch of hot shots and look at ya, when the battle finally comes you all run around like chickens with their heads cut off!" Barry laughed uncaring about the creature floating in the sky.

"Look at that thing up there, it looks like some dumb Scizor with some extra steel around it and already you're giving up before it even did anything? Come on, Ryozo, pumpkin, jerks, this is all you got? Hehehe, hahahahahaha!" Barry laughed madly at the trainers.

"I'm not surprised in the slightest, I see why you lost now to the semi-finals towards the Elite Four, you gave up before you even faced the first Elite didn't you Ryozo? Tch, at least I managed to have the guts to face Lorelai." Barry said mocking Ryozo and him being a coward.

"Well whatever, who cares now, I just wish that thing up there kills you all already so that I don't have to hear any more whining. Heh, heh, hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Barry laughed at everyones impending doom.

Last edited:
    Years
    OC: Yes, Barry said Lorelei! Lorelei is the name of my dreamgirl...(not the one from pokemon, but I just got back from a Styx concert)

IC:

Scizor looked angrily at Barry at the insult of the beast looking anything like him. With the added anger, Scizor's eyes glowed a bright green, and the power of the charging beam grew larger.

"Barry, you're the fool. For one you're babbling at an unconcious man, and two you're the one talking like you're a hotshot. You go parading your "power" but I haven't seen a single example of anything powerful from you. If you want to prove yourself, then do it against that walking apocalypse behind you, and we can fight each other later,"Salem said, his voice sounding monotone, as if he was in synchronization with Scizor, it was confirmed because Scizor muttered it's name in the same rhythm of Salem's syllables.

Obviously the technique was result of year of training, and required an insane amount of concentration. Salem's lime green eyes seemed lost in the absolute focus, blocking out the entire outside world.

"Listen all of you, obviously Scizor can't do this alone. I do believe that Patience has provided an excellent idea, and we should use it. Together we may actually be able to hold this thing off for a while, but alone we'll be crushed in an instant," Salem said, keeping the blank stare toward the monster as the energy within Scizor's claws increased.

Ronike

Years
    "Barry, help or shut up. If you don't I may soon do something I may regret later." Ronike looked towards to join Salem. "Nice trick there with Scizor. I thought only psychics could accomplish it."
    Shales, I know we haven't done this since... well since forever, but its necessary now.
    I couldn't agree with you more Ronike
    Good, now lend me your strength
    His eyes glowed blue So that we can stand a chance against this beast!
    His aura grew to a level where it was able to be felt, though no where near on the level of the Metallic Creature.
    "Ah... I had forgotten how good this felt. Now, for Ryozo, the best thing we can do is have Nightmare deal with him."
    Ronike raised a blue enveloped hand and Nightmare's pokeball hovered up and released the psychic pokemon.
    Nightmare, we need you to wake up Ryozo and talk some sense into him, lest we all be in trouble
    Then Ronike and Shales walked foward to join Salem in preparing an attack.
    "Hmmm... what to use what to use...." Ronike glanced toward his partner and grinned.
    "What say we show them a REAL steel attack, eh?"
    Shales retracted his legs into his body and began to hover above the ground. His four legs all began to glow and steadily increase in brightness.
    Ronike turned to Salem.
    "You do know that even with the might of our pokemon, we have no chance without the aid of Barry and Ryozo, right? All you and I can do is stall this thing long enough so that someone may convince them."

Olha

Young Priestess Tamer
    Years
    Pat was shocked that Ronike didn't even notice her as if she wasn't there. And that fact that no one else remembered or even had the memories. Perhaps she was the only one meant to have them or maybe something about being in close connection with her mystical dragon had something to do with something awakening from deep inside. She shut her eyes tightly feeling left out and she opened them glaring at the creature. Eclipse, her Dratini turned to look at her as if shocked she lost her energy and it was mixed with anger and hurt. Eclipse gave a light whimper in comfort as Pat nodded.

"Thanks Eclipse, we have to work together. They don't believe our power is worthy to be mentioned. I guess they think that only they can hold back and don't mention anything about me." she suddenly said as she found herself feeling pity and anxiety. Depression hit her like a ton of bricks and she didn't know why.

Eclipse was shocked and leaped forward to her trainer trying to shake her out of it.

"Eclipse, use your Dragon Breath when the others attack." she ordered in a mono-toned and down sounding voice.

Eclipse turned to the beast and awaited until the others were ready to fire their pokemon's attacks. Eclipse knew she had to do something to bring her trainer's sudden unknown depression up. Eclipse began to glow brightly as it light up the sky momentary. Eclipse suddenly grew longer and larger and when the glow faded, everything returned to normal and there coiled in front of her was a Dragonair.

Instantly Pat found a new surge of enlightenment hit her in waves as she looked to Eclipse as if she was awakened. She shook her head.

"What the hell am I thinking? Thank you Eclipse, now lets do this. . . Are you boys ready? Because we are going to knock this thing back." she was suddenly fired up and ready to stand with the boys.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Gentle tidal waves of purple drifted through my totally blank mind. Nightmare's red eyes haunted my dreams, forcing me to face reality. She had a way of forcing me to do things, and right now, like many times before, she was forcing me to wake up.

Boom.

I woke up. I was in the process of realizing that this wasn't totally my fault, at the same time realizing what was going on. That creature... it was so magnificent. I had to help.
    "Nightmare, quickly, use your strongest thunderbolt against that Pokemon! Now!"
    My job, though, was completely different. I needed to scroundge up some information on this beast, to know what ticks it off, and most importantly, its weaknesses. There was only one place that could hold that information, ad that was the The Book of Alph. The Book of Alph was an old artifact I found way back when I started excavating the Ruins of Alph but seeing as I was totally new at reading the text, I had no clue what it said. It was time to risk my life and venture back into the darkness that was the chaos of the Ruins.
    "Guys, I'm going back in, don't ask why, and do not follow me, and Gardevoir... Why are you so tensed out?"
    It's whispers echoed through my mind. I laughed and told her, "You know, when I'm not around, I trust you to make the right decisions." She was overjoyed as she slowly glided towards Barry. She starting charging a thunderbolt, but before I could see, I had already entered the ruins.
    Good luck, Barry. I thought to myself.

Last edited:
    Years
    "Good luck, Ryozo. Just make it back alive, ok,"Salem said, it was hard enough to maintain the synch at this level. He wasn't able to show any emotion in his speech because of the immense mental energy being used to power Scizor's attack. "Nightmare, you have to give it your all. Without Ryozo helping you your attack won't be as powerful as Shales' and our's. We need you to keep a hole open in the Unknown's barrier long enough for us to attack the beast," Salem said finally taking a break from his orders. "But, as far as I know Patience does not know how to sync...We need you Barry."

Had Salem been able to focus on anything but building Scizor's attack, he would have been praying that they'd just be able to hold off this creature. Just long enough for some more powerful trainers to come. Hopefully the Elite Four, but maybe even not all of the Elite Fours in the world would be able to take this thing. Yet, there was a strange air to it all. As if it had all happened before.

Olha

Young Priestess Tamer
    Years
    Pat narrowed her eyes as she looked to Eclipse.

"Well, since you all think I'm a weakling. . . Then it must be true. I'm leaving and let you guys handle this." she stated softly as Eclipse turned to her trainer shocked.

"Eclipse, obviously we have a long way to go to reach their level. Let's go." she stated as Eclipse moved over and Pat hopped on her and Eclipse flew into the air flying away from the boys and their metal object.

She couldn't believe that if she didn't look the part, then maybe she's not as strong as she thought.

"They can handle this by themselves Eclipse, it's plain to see that they don't need us." as Eclipse flew away Pat was confused, angered, and hurt.

She knew about how to possibly stop it and the others didn't have anything similar to what she experienced.

Ronike

Years
    *sigh* "She needs to calm down" The words were strained as Ronike's total concentration was in powering up Shales' attack. "I'll get her back. Hang on." Ronike closed his eyes and focused hard on Pat.
    Patience, be more like your name and stopped being all depressed. We need all the help we can get and the only reason we "ignored" you was that we were sure we already had your help. I don't think you realize how hard it is to maintain this level of synchronization and speak. You are no weakling. Now get back here, we need your help!
    Ronike opened his eyes and stumbled a little, hard of breath.
    Shales, Im not sure how much longer I can charge this attack. We shall have to release this very soon and we have nowhere near enough power...

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    The constant tremors and the darkness. That's the only thing this place had. "Left, left, right, left, right." I said to myself remembering which way to go. I started sprinting, and soon, about half-way there, I was totally winded. I took a break as a giant slab of concrete landed right next to me, nearly killing me. It was time to run again. Every other step I had to dodge giant slabs of stone and mud. I took the lighter out of my back pokcet and lit it. There, in a shattered glass stand stood the Book of Alph.
    "Yes!" I exclaimed. I started reading it as I ran back.

When the world was in despair we created a monster.
    Beautiful as it was it was created from the raw material of...
    ...darkness...
    ...and steel...

I stopped for a second.I knew what it meant. The Secret of the Unown was a Dark/ Steel Pokemon. I read again.

The smiles we created...
    ...The despair it brought
    The only way to stop it is to not wake it up.
    For if it is awakened, nothing can stop it.
    Not even the Ruins man...
    ...the Cloaked man...
    ...the rememberer...
    ...the Loner...
    ...Not even the Fallen Ranger...

I nearly died. The Unown knew this would happen. The ruins man, me, the cloaked man, Salem, the rememberer, Pat, the loner, Ronike, and finally the fallen ranger, Barry. I reached the exit.
    The group was there.
    "The creature is a Dark/ Steel pokemon! Even though this book says it is impossible to take out, we're gonna try, so reorder your attacks to something super-effective! Gardevoir has nothing super-effective but she does have Shadow-Ball. So quickly, use Shadow Ball!"
    I looked up at the creature to find that, out of all the things that could possibly go wrong, it had disappeared.

Ronike

Years
    Ronike turned to Ryozo
    Dark/steel? That means a change in attacks is in order Shales, though little changes...
    I got you Ronike, Brick Break it is... wait where'd it go?

Ronike turned around confused to see the beast was gone.
    "What the?! Where'd it go?"
    Did it go after Pat perhaps?
    I hope not, but better give her a heads up...

Ronike conveyed the idea to the others, then closed his eyes to make the psychic connection again. However, when he tried, he found himself blocked out of her general location, much like trying to talk psychically to a dark pokemon.
    Ronike opened his eyes and turned to the others.
    "The things aura is too strong, I get send out a psychic message, it gets blocked by the darkness at this range. I think we should follow in her general direction and make sure she is alright. When I connected to her before, she was in a that way direction." Ronike pointed away from the ruins and then started to run in that direction after the other trainer, hoping the others wouldn't be far behind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back