• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shadow Realm ~ Ghost Type Club

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
Years
Hey everyone, New Topic!:

If you could put another ghost-type in Pokken, what would it be?

I feel like Giratina would make a really good assist Pokemon. He would slow time for the opponent for 10 seconds, while you can still move freely. I'm not sure if that'd be overpowered, but I still like it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Preferred Nickname: Dunno
Favorite Ghost-Type: Haunter
First Club Partner: Litwick
Reason for Joining: The fact that ghost types creep everyone out... Imagine Haunter in real life...
Answer to Current Topic: I don't really keep up with Pokken...

DarkestMidnight

Years
Hey, Dunno! I agree that ghost-types would be pretty terrifying in real life, I would still love them though. I'm sorry about not really being able to respond to the current topic, I'll make a new one in a couple days. Anyways, welcome to the club! :)

-Midnight

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
Preferred Nickname: Coby

Favorite Ghost-Type: Probably Banette. In real life, I'm a huge fan of plushies and the thought of throwing one away upsets me (however I have reluctantly given some to charity in the past, hoping to find them a new home). The idea that Banette is an abandoned plush upsets me, it's like a grim version of Toy Story 2! If I were able to, I would try to look after all the Banette out there, and help them to find love rather than hatred. I also love the Duskull line, as it was my first true Ghost partner.

First Club Partner: Duskull please!

Reason for Joining: In my opinion, Ghost type Pokémon are perhaps the most misunderstood of all the types. Often regarded as a sign of doom, a reason for terror and something to be avoided, I always imagine that it must be quite lonely being a Ghost type for this reason. In the anime, the Gastly evolutionary line are often shown to be playful pranksters but sometimes get confused for being more sinister in intent. I guess I kind of feel sorry for the Ghost Pokémon, mostly Banette!

Answer to Current Topic: Unfortunately I've never played Pokken nor will I have the chance to do so in the foreseeable future. Perhaps I could answer the previous topic?

What was the first ghost-type that you seriously trained (as a long time partner) in your time playing Pokemon?:
Since I started with Red, my Haunter was probably the first (as I was unable to trade him to evolve). When I played Pearl at uni, a friend of mine had a DS and so I managed to evolve a Dusknoir who became key member of my team and later made the journey across to HeartGold. Dusknoir made it to level 100 unlike my Haunter and I even attempted to EV train it as well, so perhaps Dusknoir is the better candidate in response to this question.

DarkestMidnight

Years
Preferred Nickname: Coby

Favorite Ghost-Type: Probably Banette. In real life, I'm a huge fan of plushies and the thought of throwing one away upsets me (however I have reluctantly given some to charity in the past, hoping to find them a new home). The idea that Banette is an abandoned plush upsets me, it's like a grim version of Toy Story 2! If I were able to, I would try to look after all the Banette out there, and help them to find love rather than hatred. I also love the Duskull line, as it was my first true Ghost partner.

First Club Partner: Duskull please!

Hey, Coby, welcome to the Shadow Realm! I like Duskull a lot as well, it's one of the best base-stage ghost-types, in my opinion.

Time for a new topic

Create a new ghost-type trainer. What would they look like and what Pokemon would they have?

I would really like an apothecary/witch-doctor type trainer, that'd be really cool. As usual, with my soft spot for Gengar, they'd possess at least one Gengar in their teams.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
Years
Ou I missed so many good topics :<

My ghost trainer would literally be a "ghost" trainer. You would have to go into the cemetery at night between specific hours to find her, and you could only see her if you had the Silph Scope or whatever that thing was. She would be a little girl (creepyy), and she would use Frillish, Litwick and Phantump. When you defeated her, she would disappear after saying something creepy and mysterious, then leave behind a Mega Stone for some crazy Giratina Mega Evolution or something. Yee :)

DarkestMidnight

Years
Ou I missed so many good topics :<

My ghost trainer would literally be a "ghost" trainer. You would have to go into the cemetery at night between specific hours to find her, and you could only see her if you had the Silph Scope or whatever that thing was. She would be a little girl (creepyy), and she would use Frillish, Litwick and Phantump. When you defeated her, she would disappear after saying something creepy and mysterious, then leave behind a Mega Stone for some crazy Giratina Mega Evolution or something. Yee :)

Nice one! I like that Giratina Mega Evolution idea too, I'd love some more legendary Mega Evolutions. Also, while we're at it, let's talk about the new legendary, Lunaala.

I personally love Lunaala. It looks really cool, and that ghost/psychic typing is SOOOO cool!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Hello.Preferred Nickname: Grim Reaper
Favorite Ghost-Type: ghost/fire
First Club Partner: Litwick

Reason for Joining: The first pokemon i saw was a ghost type.Remember GENGAR.It appealed a lot so here iam. is your favorite ghost-type combination? Why?:ghost/fire.wohooooo!!!! Dont u think fire just adds to their scariness.Best.

Last edited:
Years
Preferred Nickname: Joey
Favorite Ghost-Type: Gengar and aegislash
First Club Partner: Honedge
Reason for Joining: Love all types of ghost types, ghost with poisons are amazing
Answer to Current Topic: A two pokemon pokemon trainer, Haunter and Doublade. Look normal and dresses fairly normal but they turn chaotic once a battle starts

stzy

Years
let's talk about the new legendary, Lunaala.

I personally love Lunaala. It looks really cool, and that ghost/psychic typing is SOOOO cool!

Dude when I found out Lunaala was ghost type I almost had a shit. Ghost/Psychic? I'm super down for that. Isn't Hoopa suppose to be ghost/psychic too? Damnnnn :>

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
I've always thought she looked kind of weird. Like she doesn't have a body and is instead all wings.

But otherwise I think she's pretty cool looking, and a nice combination of typings that I honestly wasn't expecting.

stzy

Years
I've always thought she looked kind of weird. Like she doesn't have a body and is instead all wings.

But otherwise I think she's pretty cool looking, and a nice combination of typings that I honestly wasn't expecting.

True that, I actually just looked closely at her body... it almost looks like a skeleton. Tbh though she's always just struck me as a bat. Probably going to be one of my favorite legends.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
Hey I'd like to join.
Preferred Nickname: i0Bjhansen0
Favorite Ghost: Oooo this is a toughy. Always liked Gengar but Dusknoir was my favorite when I found it existed.
First club partner: Duskull
Reason: I was always fascinated by Ghost types when I started playing Pokemon on Pearl. I got to Eterna Forest at night so I was able to pick up a Ghastly and Misdreavus. And not too long ago I did a Ghost-type Monotype challenge on Platinum. When I first got Y, I had a Gengar on my team with a Gengarite and it basically KO'd every other Pokemon.

Now I'm going to reply to every topic said so far cause I want to.
-My favorite Ghost-type combination would actually just be Ghost. I really liked Duskull/clops/noir a lot when I used them. And Misdreavus/magius was really cool to see when I got to Fantina's Gym. I liked Shuppet/Banette cause of their frisk ability.
-Favorite Ghost move would have to be Hex. It has the potential of being the strongest Ghost-type move if the opponent has a condition. Works great with Gengar with Toxic/Will-O-Wisp, or other Ghost Pokemon with Will-O-Wisp.
-Gengar or Chandelure? Well, Gengar was my favorite until I found out about Chandelure. Then it became a question of "Which one can I find first?" and "When does Lampent stop learning good moves?" whether of which I would use if I couldn't have both.
-Custom Ghost-type: Oh wow this one's a toughy. I would have to say something a mix of Litleo with a Ghostly aspect to it that would be Normal/Ghost. Definitely a four-legged animal that has a dark presence to it.
-First trained Ghost-type would actually be Dusknoir on Platinum. My first game was Pearl so Duskull was after the Elite Four and Ghastly/Haunter was just in my team to have a Ghost-type. I didn't know much of what I was doing at the time so I never truly trained any of my Pokemon. And then when I found Duskull on Platinum I trained it really well and made it a Dusknoir ASAP.
-Pokken: Well I don't play Pokken but I would have to say Dusknoir. It's got fists so it would be good fighting. Plus it can learn many punching moves.
-Ghost trainer: Definitely one that wears a mask like Duskull and wears a cloak. Would mainly use Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir and sometimes Shuppet/Banette as they were introduced in Gen 3 together.
---Lunaala..... I don't know what to say. I'm disappointed it's a Ghost-type because that means one less Ghost-type that can be truly used in creating a team as Legendary Pokemon can't breed. And I'm also disappointed that it looks terrible IMO. But other people think differently so they may like it 100%. I'm also disappointed that Solgaleo was Steel/Psychic. We already have Beldum-line and Bronzor-line that are those types. Would have been cooler as a Fire/Psychic type to keep with the Sun being hot and stuff. Also, Lunaala should have been Psychic/Dark. Either way, Lunaala has an advantage over Solgaleo as Ghost is 2x to Solgaleo.

I'd like to propose a new topic. How about the worst Ghost-type Pokemon in your opinion?
I'll start off with Frillish/Jellicent. I thought that a jellyfish Pokemon shouldn't have been Ghost. I avoided it in Gen 5 as much as I possibly could and I would never put it into a Ghost team. If I was forced to use it if I had a Ghost team, I would change to Poison and still keep Gengar. The only thing I liked is the gender-differences being different colors.

P.S. I think I'm going to start a Ghost team on OR.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Preferred Nickname: Noa
Favorite Ghost-Type: Banette
First Club Partner: (Shuppet)
Reason for Joining: Ghost types are spooky and cute, and I love spooky and cute! It's a really cool type, and many of Pokemon's coolest designs are ghosts.
Answer to Current Topic: Create a new ghost-type trainer. What would they look like and what Pokemon would they have? I'd like a cute, spooky, shy girl, (maybe called Spooky Girl) not quite as crazy as Hex Maniac but someone who's just interested in the occult. She hangs out at haunted places. I think she'd only have one Pokemon, a Misdreavus. Oh, I think I'm going places with this one! Maybe I'll make an OC of her...

stzy

Years
I'd like to propose a new topic. How about the worst Ghost-type Pokemon in your opinion?
I'll start off with Frillish/Jellicent. I thought that a jellyfish Pokemon shouldn't have been Ghost. I avoided it in Gen 5 as much as I possibly could and I would never put it into a Ghost team. If I was forced to use it if I had a Ghost team, I would change to Poison and still keep Gengar. The only thing I liked is the gender-differences being different colors.

P.S. I think I'm going to start a Ghost team on OR.

My least favorite ghost is probably the Litwick evolution line. Litwick itself isn't so bad... a cute little candle Pokemon? I can deal. It's when we start getting to lamps and chandeliers; these are things Pokemon should not be based off of. But I understand with over 700 Pokemon, inspiration for new ones might be a little scarce.

And speaking of ghost teams, I actually bred and EV'd myself one this month. I have Chandelure, Trevenant, Jellicent, Golurk, Frosslass and Aegislash. They all have perfect IVs in all the right stats (at least 5), except for Trevenant, which I got lucky and managed to get a 6 IV (and a shiny)! Was a pretty decent project, got me into the breeding mechanics of 6th gen.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
[SNIP] except for Trevenant, which I got lucky and managed to get a 6 IV (and a shiny)! Was a pretty decent project, got me into the breeding mechanics of 6th gen.

Oh. Speaking of perfect shinies. I managed to breed a perfect IV shiny Magnemite (minus the attack IV). But who uses attack for Magnezones? I freaking freaked the freak out when I saw it was shiny. I freaked even more when I found it at perfect IVs (for the important stats).

P.S. I've been using a little trick of mine using one of the perfect IV dittos I got from destinedjagold to breed my teams. I usually manage to get 5/6 31 IVs that I need for each Pokemon within 30- 80 Pokemon (give or take 20-30).

stzy

Years
Oh. Speaking of perfect shinies. I managed to breed a perfect IV shiny Magnemite (minus the attack IV). But who uses attack for Magnezones? I freaking freaked the freak out when I saw it was shiny. I freaked even more when I found it at perfect IVs (for the important stats).

P.S. I've been using a little trick of mine using one of the perfect IV dittos I got from destinedjagold to breed my teams. I usually manage to get 5/6 31 IVs that I need for each Pokemon within 30- 80 Pokemon (give or take 20-30).

Haha right on. Yeah I have 3 or 4 6 IV Dittos I've gotten through various forums/giveaways. I can get a 5 IV, positive natured Pokemon usually within filling my party with eggs 2 or 3 times, so 18/20 eggs. It's not very hard with the Destiny Knot and Everstone lol.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
Haha right on. Yeah I have 3 or 4 6 IV Dittos I've gotten through various forums/giveaways. I can get a 5 IV, positive natured Pokemon usually within filling my party with eggs 2 or 3 times, so 18/20 eggs. It's not very hard with the Destiny Knot and Everstone lol.

Exactly, I first try to get the right natured Pokemon with the egg moves I want first, then I do my trick. I have the 6 IV Ditto and the Pokemon together, then find an egg with 4/6 31 IV Pokemon, then put that into with the Ditto, then find one with 5/6 31 IVs, and if it doesn't have the right stats then I put that one back in until I Find a 6/6 31 IV Pokemon, or the 1 IV that isn't is the opposite attack stat that I don't care about.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 23, 2023
I would like to join!!

My favorite Ghost Type right now is Drifblim, my first Ghost type was probably Gastly (It has been so long).

Shadow Ball is my favorite Ghost move.

I love the Horror genre and Poltergeist is one of my favorite movies so Ghost type hit a sweet spot for me.

Back