• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Shiny Pokemon" Bragging thread

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2011
    The LoR Garydos. That's it.

After nearly 2,200 charmander eggs hatched, no shiny. Looks like it's not looking good for me ever getting another shiny pokemon. :(

Years
  • My Shiny Pokemon include:
    - Shiny Raikou (from the Gamestop Beasts Event, on Heartgold)
    - Shiny Entei (from the Gamestop Beasts Event again, also on Heartgold)
    - Shiny Mightyena (from a friend, on my Heartgold)
    - Shiny Bellossom (wild encounter with an Oddish, on my Heartgold)
    - Shiny Hoot-Hoot (wild encounter on my Silver)
    - Shiny Gyrados (obviously from the Lake of Rage event on Heartgold)
    - Shiny Cyndaquil (from a friend, on Heartgold)

Wow, as I was filling this out, I realized all but one are on my Heartgold o_O

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • I only have Shiny Raikou and Entei from the GameStop events and Shiny Gyarados from Lake of Rage. I keep looking for shinies, but so far none have appeared for me, except way back in the days of Gen II when I lacked Poke Balls and failed to catch one (the species has been blotted out of my memory).

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I've only seen two shinies in my career. (Not counting Lake of Rage Gyarados.) One was a Ryhorn in the FR Safari Zone, it ran away. The second was a Zubat in Emerald, I KO'd it with a critical hit.

Years
  • Well, I had a lot of shinies, that I caught over 4 years on my Ruby, before I lost the game, but luckily, I recorded all the ones I caught on that game:
    Spoiler:

A lot of shinies from there, and I cant be bothered to list my two boxes of shinies (all but 3 caught by me) on my Platinum, but includes pokemon like Giratina, Mesprit, Darkrai.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Four, currently.
    Eevee (SHINY, if I'm not mistaken), the only one not caught in HeartGold. I'm not evolving it, because the only Eeveelution shiny I like is Umbreon, and I don't like Umbreon too much stats-wise.

Bellsprout (Tendrils, now Victreebel). I can't remember if I was training for Falkner or heading towards Union Cave (Must have been the cave, actually) when I found this one. I immediately replaced the one in my party with him, and Tendrils is still a member of my team.

Nidoran F (Epica): I was near the National Park when she showed up. I can't remember what I was training at all, actually. In my PokeWalker.

Charmander (Blackout): Spent the second half of the Bears-Packers game SRing for him yesterday. I will eventually evolve him.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
  • The first shiny I ever caught was a Magikarp in Daimond. But now I have three shinies, a Dragonite, a Starmie, and a Metagross, all of which I use competitively.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • Over the years of playing Pokemon, I've caught/hatched about 4 box fulls of shinies.
    But the most I have currently is probably in my HG, box and a half of shinies.
    Most of them being Zangoose for some reason.
    Masuda method is godly.
    My latest shiny is Emonga in B/W.
    Just so damn cute.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The only shiny I have that isn't an event or a hack is a shiny Dusclops. I caught it in Ruby on the school bus home one day. n_n;

I saw a shiny Mightyena once in Emerald but it used Roar before I could catch it fml.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hatched a shiny Igglybuff on Crystal a few weeks ago. Not the most notable shiny, but a shiny is a shiny. :(

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • Not counting shiny Pokemon I've bred and things that were preset to be shiny, I've only found a few.

My very first shiny encounter ever (apart from the Red Gyarados). I came across it randomly while I was leveling my team at Mt. Silver on Crystal.
    At first I thought my game was broken, but I caught it anyway.

Both Gloom (now a Bellossom) and Tangela were found on my Soul Silver game while I was running around training (Gloom outside Safari Zone Gate, Tangela at Mt. Silver).
    Johto just <3's me I guess. :P

Randomly found on Platinum while I was trying to level up my team for the next gym.
    Thinking about sneaking it into my boyfriend's game somehow since he totally despises Bidoof/Bibarel. :3

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I have never seen a shiny that wasn't Red Gyrados. At least now that I think about it. My Raikou in my first Silver might have been shiny. But the battery in the game died, and it erased my data, and then it I new gamed it and after like 3 hours of gameplay it crapped out again. I have RNG'd a lot though. So if you wanna see what I havee, just click, "Thread" in my signature.

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
  • I have a quite a few shinys :P
    Shinys I've obtained in my games
    Spoiler:

TRADED
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2015
    @ Shiny Politoed
    I also caught a wurmple on my first run of pearl in eterna forest and now it is a Dustox.
    My only other shiny is a shiny staravia that I encountered on pearl while getting pokemon to trade.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    I have a shiny Entei from GameStop and the Lake of Rage Gyarados, but those don't really count. The first shiny I saw in any game apart from the Gyarados was a shiny Electrode in the Mahogany Town basement in the generator room. It made me so sad when it used Selfdestruct. I caught the next one for the pokedex and named it "Not Shiny".

Also, less than half an hour after my roomate and I were discussing our shiny histories, I found a Cotton Candy-colored Mareep by the Lake of Rage as I EV trained one of my pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • WHAT UP BRO. Just caught a shiny Metang in White. :) And even funnier was that I was just telling someone I hoped I would find one, because they're abundant where I have been grinding through most of the post-game. XD; So yeah! An hour after I said that, I found one! Its name is Liam. :D

Cyclonechisto

The HEARTZ Clan leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    well for starters id just like to say oh dang those are some awesome shinies and i dont really have a whole lot of them but the ones i am really proud of are my Arcanine and my Dialga

Back