• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Shiny Pokemon" Bragging thread

Years
  • I have a lot. ^_^;
    I will have to get my games out when I go home and I will post a list from the games for you.

I love shiny hunting, so this is why I do have a few!

Watch this space.

WHAT UP BRO. Just caught a shiny Metang in White. :) And even funnier was that I was just telling someone I hoped I would find one, because they're abundant where I have been grinding through most of the post-game. XD; So yeah! An hour after I said that, I found one! Its name is Liam. :D

And I wonder who that was! XD​

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Okay, to start of, I have never found a shiny Pokemon before Generation IV. :\ Well, except the Shiny Gyardos and in Shiny Gold (a ROM hack; it was an Ariados), but they don't really count. I've also tried chaining with the Poke Radar and have never caught a shiny by doing that. All the shinies I have caught myself are pure chance, and I've never used an action replay to get a shiny. Anyway...

My first shiny I ever encountered was a Shiny Steelix in Victory Road in Pokemon Diamond. On my first laythrough, I was going through victory Road heading to the Pokemon League, and I find a regular shiny. Since I've played since R/B/Y, I was shocked that a Pokemon that normally requires trading is in the Victory Road, so I tried to catch it. I think I killed it accidentally, so i said to myself "I am going to catch the next Steelix I find." The next Steelix I found was shiny. Since I have never found a shiny (excluding the red Gyardos) before, I freaked out. I remember running straight to my brother, shouting "I found a shiny" really excitedly. It's quite embarassing now that I think about it. Sadly, I lost my Pokemon Diamond cartridge, along with the shiny. It's a shame, because I loved the gold Steelix, and I still hope that I find my Pokemon Diamond again. IIRC, it was male and was un-trained. I'm fairly sure I caught it in a Master Ball.

Several years later, Pokemon Soul Silver and Pokemon Heart Gold are released. I buy them both, which is a first for me. Anyway, I'm playing through Pokemon Soul Silver and I come to Route 38. You know, the route filled with Tauros and I think Magnemite, as well as Meowth (which, IIRC, is exclusive to Soul Silver.) Anyway, I'm going through the route on, you guessed it, my first playthrough and I find a shiny Meowth. Although it's ugly (imo), I caught it anyway because ashiny is a shiny. plus, shiny Persian is pretty cool. I freaked out again when Ii found it. I'm so fail. XD I named it Candy, and I still have it today. It's female and still un-trained, though I want to evolve it into a Persian. It ahs a modest nature and likes to run. Also, I caught it in a Great Ball.

Special mentions go to a shiny Glameow. It's Japanese, and I randomly put a Poliwhirl on the GTS for a Glameow. I think they thought it was holding a Kings Rock. XD Additionally, I got a shiny Charizard over the GTS. There's also the events (Shiny Raikou, Shiny ("Pikachu-coloured") Pichu etc.) and the shiny Gyardos. Additionally, my brother caught a shiny, pink Wooper in the safari zone in Pokemon Platinum.

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • One's I have caught: Venemoth and Crobat <3

Gotten in a trade: Raichu, Lopunny, Weavile and Mamoswine

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • I usually only find one shiny per game
    Diamond: Gasty (fainted) :(
    Heart Gold: Hoppip (safari)
    Diamond 2nd time: Mr. Mime, Sneasel, Graveler =)

I can't remember any before diamond.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Just this second found a Shiny Spearow, Lv 5 on Pokémon Crystal! :)

Second ever shiny, unfortunately it's on an emulator though, is there any possible way I can get it from my emulator to my DS? ;(

Shiny Spearow

Years
  • Just this second found a Shiny Spearow, Lv 5 on Pokémon Crystal! :)

Second ever shiny, unfortunately it's on an emulator though, is there any possible way I can get it from my emulator to my DS? ;(

Shiny Spearow

No, hard luck!

Forgot to post my most recent:
    Spoiler:

8D​

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • As I stated in the recent happenings thread, I caught a shiny Shuppet in Pokemon Emerald while heading to the top of Mt Pyre. As soon as I saw it, I had yet another freak out. X'D

It looks alright. Not my favourite shiny, but not the worst. Also...

it looks much nicer on D/P/Pl/Hg/Ss. ^^

Panoz

Trainer
    Years
  • i caught a shiny Tentacool in Emerald,not knowingly though,i wasn't paying attention to the game lol.
    And i also traded my rayquaza requesting a milotic in Diamond(wifi),and the milotic i got was shiny!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Four, currently.
    I'm not evolving it, because the only Eeveelution shiny I like is Umbreon, and I don't like Umbreon too much stats-wise.

I think the Leafeon and Glaceon shinies are pretty awesome, Glaceon in particular. I wish the regular Glaceon looked like that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    -yellow magicarp fished in resort area
    -red shroomish in ruby
    -blue ralts in ruby
    -shiny banette in platinum
    -shiny golem next to survival area
    -shiny bidoof from chaining
    -shiny starly from chaining
    -shiny zubat in ruby

ALL mentioned are legit... however, i still hunger for more...

:))

-yellow magicarp fished in resort area
    -red shroomish in ruby
    -blue ralts in ruby
    -shiny banette in platinum
    -shiny golem next to survival area
    -shiny bidoof from chaining
    -shiny starly from chaining
    -shiny zubat in ruby

ALL mentioned are legit... however, i still hunger for more...

:))

Last edited:

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Shiny:

Oddish-Emerald
    Metagross-Pearl
    Used to have a shiny Darkrai meanie brother released it though >:(

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I've ran into 3 shinies total. 2 I have caught.

The first one was Shiny Tenticool which I ran into in pokemon gold (orginal). Back then I didn't know what it was so I just ran from it becaus eI was in a hurry to get to Clanwood,

The first time I went to the Safarii zone in HG I ran into and caught a shiny Hipop. But I traded in the GTS for a Level 100 Empoleon

A few weeks back while power training pokemon getting ready for Black and white I caught a Shiny Ponyta outside the Pokecenter of Mt Silver. Which is now a Rapidash.

Now I am looking for a Shiny Hoothoot or Noctowl.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
  • Hi all! I think I've had the complete shiny "experience" from my time in HeartGold. My first cartridge completely died on me, but my second (current) one has been good to me. Here's my list o' gems:
    1) The guaranteed encounter: The LoR Gyarados
    2) The events: GameStop's Raikou, Entei, and Suicune
    3) The fluke wild: A Donphan caught inside the Mt. Silver cave
    4) The "OMG-is-this-for-realz?": A Gible I hatched myself, who also happens to have max IVs in Attack & Sp. Atk.

I still can't believe I hatched one...and a Gible no less. That's pretty awesome, right?
    [Note: I hate to boast for its own sake, so I'm willing to clone any of these guys for nice people. Share the love, right? ^_^]

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    I've got a the shiny legendary dogs, and the gyrados, but I guess I don't really count those cause I don't feel like I really earned them. As far as shinies I have earned, I've just got a shiny Psyduck.

And it's awesome.

Back