• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The Showcase of the Haunted Costumes - Halloween Event 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Yet another Halloween Event in Pokémon Y

The Showcase of the Haunted Costumes - Halloween Event 2021

SEGMENT 5 & 6 & 7 & 8 & 9

Eleanor let me post updates on Discord, so I don't have to spam this thread, since all of these segments happened in one afternoon.

For Clemont segment, I kept Bisharp Helmet and Jynx Dress on. So I once again used Delphox and Talonflame. Well, actually only Delphox. I think I've used Talonflame only once during the whole segment against Houndoom.

Since Delphox was fairly overleveled, I quickly take Clemont down and got 10 more coins. I decided to puy Haute Couture Body and Basic Legs.

I got Grimmsnarl Hair and chose to wear it, even though I hate Grimmsnarl. Wearing this means I can put more Pokémon on my team, while also solo'ing everything with Delphox. I also boxed Talonflame, because I wasn't using it anyway.

I was able to evolve Watortle and used her new Mega form to wreck havoc on Valerie. Which means I get 16 coins for wearing Grimmsnarl Hair. And since I put back few Pokémon with low levels, I was able to level up 8 times and got another 8 coins.

So I stayed in Grimmsnarl Hair for the next segment. I mostly used just Delphox, Blastoise and Aromatisse to clear it and beat Olympia. And once again, this was perfect costume for my speedrunning strat. Thanks to Exp. Share, my Pokémon gained 10 levels, meaning I get 26 coins for this segment.

Long story short, I got through the most boring part of the game, beat Team Flare and Wulfric and then made my way to the E4.

I grinded for a while, but some of my Pokémon were already on high enough levels to easily clear the E4.

I easily beat Malva, Drasna and Wikstrom, but wiped on Siebold. My team was super weak against Water-types. I had nothing against them. And I couldn't really set up Aromatisse's Calm Mind because of Grimmsnarl Hair. Especially Siebold's Gyarados wiped my team twice. But in the end, my Delphox survived Gyarados' Waterfall and finished it with Psychic, after 4 of my other Pokémon got knocked out.

Diantha battle was fine. It wasn't as easy as Malva, Wikstrom or Drasna, but it also wasn't as hard as Siebold. I lost Aromatisse against Diantha's Hawlucha, which made the whole battle a little bit harder, but I had Delphox. He beat anything Diantha sent against us. And finally, I sent out Ferrothorn out against Gardevoir. It was the first and the last time I've used Ferrothorn outside grinding it. And it took down Mega Gardevoir with one simple Iron Head.

Here's Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Team

Lesco, Quiet Male Delphox
    lvl 68, Blaze
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Flamethrower
    - Psychic
    - Light Screen

Hoosh, Quiet Female Blastoise
    lvl 67, Torrent @Blastoisinite
    - Bite
    - Tail Whip
    - Surf
    - Withdraw

Tajine, Quiet Male Aromatisse
    lvl 66, Healer
    - Moonblast
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Attract

Tyrantrum, Modest Male Tyrantrum
    lvl 65, Strong Jaw
    - Crunch
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Head Smash

Cawl, Jolly Female Diggersby
    lvl 65, Pickup
    - Strength
    - Hammer Arm
    - Earthquake
    - Quick Attack

Bigos, Naughty Male Ferrothorn
    lvl 64, Iron Barbs
    - Curse
    - Self-Destruct
    - Power Whip
    - Iron Head​

Overall, it was a great challenge. I just wish I could play it throughout the whole month, instead of rushing whole game in 2 days. Thanks Loomie for taking care of it for most of the month.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update #7/8/9 - Hall of Fame

Badge 7

For this segment I wore Rapidash Horns, Toxtricity Strings and Rapidash Hooves. I used the Chandelure rule from the previous segment to get the effects of Toxtricity set. I didn't have to worry about my pokemon fainting so I focused more on training up my team

Team at the time:
    Spoiler:

Proofs:
    Spoiler:

I wore 3 pieces of decent clothing (+9) and poisoned all 4 of Candice's pokemon (+8). Total: 55 Coins.

Badge 8

It's a lengthy segment, but I still decided to wear the Chandelure costume. the battles were bit close but I only suffered one major death (Togekiss to Cyrus) so it paid off. I also caught some pokemon for the next segment but I held off from training them yet for obvious reasons :P

Team at the time:
    Spoiler:

I wore Chandelure costume (+16). Total: 71 Coins

Pokemon League

For the final segment I wore the Muk Blanket as if I understood correctly, I can just sacrifice the whole team at the end for free. Most of this segment was spent training up my team. The league battles were a bit rough, but I managed to pull through, Destiny Bond worked really well at taking out stronger pokemon.

I wore the Muk Blanket (+10) and I'm sacrificing the whole team (+12) (?). Final Total: 93

Team:
    Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall it was an enjoyable challenge. It did get a bit frustrating in the middle where I couldn't get anything good with my purchases and started enjoying it more towards the end once I started ignoring the purchasing aspect and just tried to get the most coins with what I had :P

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 16, 2024

The challenge has now ended, and Awards have been given out - you can find them in the first post!
    Thank you all for playing!

As a result, this topic and the Discord thread will be locked or archived soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back