• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sims 3 Question

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
Years
  • Heya everyone~ :D

I am going to get the Sims 3 for Christmas, and I was going to borrow my friend's Late Night expansion for me to install onto my computer (Mac)

What I need to know is, do I need to have the Late Night expansion pack disc to play the Sims 3 with all the Late Night stuff? Or can I just use the Sims 3 base disc?

Thanks for any help :)

6772_pokemonbreeder_2776

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • You would need to have to use the late night disk to play the game. Well thats how it happened with Sims 2 so im pretty sure it would work the same for Sims 3. My suggestion is to get another expansion pack as well but install the late night expansion pack first. That way you can still use the late night expansion and play the game with the other expansion pack's disk. I hope this helped :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ^ Essentially that. From what I recall, the latest expansion pack you add on to a Sims game will be the disc you need to use to play the game, until you add on another expansion and then you would use that expansion's disc. So just keep that in mind for any more expansions you might wanna use. :)

Years
  • During normal gameplay, yes, you will need a disk. However, you may be able to find no-DVD patches for it. I really don't know if there are any for Mac OS X, so you may need to look that up for yourself.

Back