• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Snivy Fan Club {Cool, Eh?}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
    Serperior is based on multiple species of non-venomous snakes and limbless lizards, such as the Green Vine Snake, the Emerald Tree Boa, the Royal Python or the snake-like Lialis burtonis. Its design was based on Strelitzias, most likely either the strelitzia juncea and/or the strelitzia reginae. Its appearance may have also been inspired by the Quetzalcoatl; a green, feathered serpent deity. Serperior's appearance may have been based on the acanthus leaf motifs used specially during the 18th century. It and its pre-evolutions were confirmed to have been inspired from European, specifically French, royalty. The fact that Serperior amplifies sunlight in its body, as stated in its Pokédex entry, may be an allusion to King Louis XIV, a famous French king who referred to himself as the "Sun King". Serperior's white face also alludes to the skin whitening fashion, mostly used by the European aristocracy in the 17th century. Serperior's dark green design on its chest seems to form a Fleur-de-lis a french insignia that is used on many European noble families' and nations' coat of arms. The fact that Serperior can seize opponents with its piercing stare makes a reference to the Basilisk, king of serpents in European legends. The plant-like appendages may bear a small resemblance to the cobra.
    The hint may reffer to the badge

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Wow, pretty long answer! Great job on that. :)

miltankRancher would have a hard time judging. XD

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    IF the correct answer doesn't come up, I will be going to give 3 points to the answer I like the most. :) The hint is harder than I expected.

We are talking about a famous phrase here!

FINAL CLUE:

AFTER THE _____, _____ THE ______

Flood is very disastrous. is the hint. So, try to connect your explanation with the flood and not with the French. :) or the Rose of Versailles, or fleur-de-lis. :)

Good luck on the remaining three words.

Last edited:

Lezza

Years
    I can only find 1 After... 6 word phrase. After me the deluge will come, Which isn't the right one though

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I do, but I don't give it personally. :)

Anyway, seems no one got the right answer, but miltankRancher already gave a hint, so hopefully one of you will get it! :D

miltankRancher

Years
    well, this is twelve points we are talking about. If someone got this right, he'll be in the lead.

Avishka- 1 point
    Excessiva- 3 points
    Taposa- 2 points
    Nakuzami- 5 points

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Wow! Good luck once again guys! Just wanted to remind you how to get more points other than trivia & events!

— By recruiting members
    — By submitting fan works/arts, userbars, and the like!
    — And of course, by being active everyday and joining the topics

New topic soon. :)

Taposa

;)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    Woah. just woke up frome my Afternoon Sleep. I do not have any points if I did not get the answer?

miltankRancher

Years
    Well, if you are the first one to get the correct answer, you get the points. Other than that, no.

Snce it is nearly 7:00 here. I will be anno0uncing the winners, cause I will be eating my dinner.

Taposa got the first correct answer. He was the first one to answer that the Snivy line was patterned after the French royalty. So 7 points to you.

Lezza's answer fit the best in the phrase in my mind. You only need to put the French there. So 5 points.

The phrase is:

"After the French, comes the deluge."

Excessiva- 3 points
    Taposa- 9 points
    Nakuzami- 5 points
    Lezza- 5 points

Lezza

Years
    Congrats to Taposa and I, Hard question that
    joint 2 with Nakuzami
    EDIT: Neww Topicccc.
    Ok, What moveset do you preffer on Snivy, Servive and Serperior. Can be in-game or competitive?
    My favourite moveset is Coil, Leaf Blade, Aerial Ace and Dragon Tail/Leech Seed.
    Set up Leech Seed then Coil Away with Leftys and Leech Seed.
    Then full on Attack. DTail is for annoyence

Taposa

;)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2022
    Yey,I got 9 Points. I did not put deluge eheheh.Ok I am eating my dinner since it is 7:00 pm .

miltankRancher

Years
    On topic.

What moveset do you prefer on Snivy, Servive and Serperior. Can be in-game or competitive?

If coil raises SpA and SpD, its a beast, but no...

Well, I was planning to EV train a Serperior with this set.

Serperior@ Leftovers/ Modest
    *no contrary yet so Overgrow*
    252 HP/ 200 SpA/ 56 Spe

- Energy Ball
    - Calm Mind
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect

My ingame Serperior would probably be a Physical Attacker with

- Leaf Blade
    - Coil
    - Aerial Ace
    - Return

Lezza

Years
    Um... Creative, The only problem for Special is maybe HP Ice insted of Light Screen so you can hit Dragon and other Grass types and Calm mind will Boost SP.Def anyway. Thats a problem with Serperior, 1 its the only starter not to learn a ground type, and 2) It needs more special attacks

miltankRancher

Years
    Oh, I forgot Serperior satill has access to HP. Yeah, you're right. HP Ice would be pretty good for Serperior for hitting Dragon Types like Hydreigon and Salamence which usually pack a Fire blast and Grass Types. I forgot CM also raise the SpDef.

NEW TRIVIA QUESTION:

I want this to still be anyone's game, so I'm giving out a a massive point for the question, and another five points for the hint. So technically, anybody who can answer this will be the winner. SO.. I will be going to make this mega hard for all of you... I will mix in some Science, some math. Other stuffs. So here it is...

FOR THE LAST TRIVIA: AN EXPLANATION FOR EACH ITEM BELOW IS NEEDED.

a. I am thinking of Pokemon. (no point)
    b. One of his only base stat is the sum of Euler's totient function φ(x). The stat is a semiperfect number. It is also the Atomic number of Mercury. (This equals 8 Points)
    c. It can ONLY know a paralyzing move which deals damage, and a simple attack which can never miss. If I know correctly. (This equals 6 Points)
    d. In it's world, there exists only 37 monsters. (This equals 3 points)
    e. It is seen to be running away. (This equals 3 points)

HINT: (EXPLANATIONS STILL NEEDED)

HERE IT IS (This equals 5 points)

So the question gives out 6 possible chances of gaining a point... And a total of 25 points!!!! Woah.. I made it so big...

THE QUESTION IS WHAT POKEMON AM I? (ONLY THREE CHOICES BUT YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN) WHERE AM I FOUND?

If better, you can send me a link. ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back