• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I frowned when I realised I must've wasted most of my money on breakfast before coming, but I was also relieved when mom called me and said we only needed her medicine, bread and goodnites. I checked my pocket, five bucks was all I scrunged up not enough for bread and goodnites. I sighed and decided that to get everything I had to go steal some money from Tom. Wouldn't be to hard, considering how gullable he was well atleast I thought so. I walked to where I had seen him go, The cafeteria. I saw him at a table with all those people from the night before, " Man... why couldn't he just be alone?" I asked myself wandering up to him and sitting down at the table. " Why Tommy my good freind, my pal... my wonderful babysitter, I mean Kidsitter" I said correcting myself. " I need to borrow some money for groceries" I said to him snatching his wallet and pulling out all the money.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    "Ecruteak City, Johto," she replied promptly. It was a response she had given many times before to trainers she met on the road. She would have asked his hometown but it seemed pretty obvious that he lived in Viridian. Cain she wasn't sure about. She suspected her was from Hoenn, having sought a Torchic as a starter, though that was a little odd considering he was in Viridian of Kanto. If she had just been denied her chance to start her journey she wouldn't have left her home town, let alone region.

Then again, she really didn't know too much about how things worked in Kanto. Perhaps new trainers had a much wider selection of starters than kids back home in Johto. It didn't bother her, she liked the Johto starters just fine and probably would have chosen Cyndaquil regardless of the other choices.

Realizing she had drifted off again, Ruya pulled herself back to reality and awaited a reply from either Cain or Tom. At that point though, AJ sauntered up and proceeded to help Tom dispose of his money. She was liking the kid less and less the more she was exposed to him.

Years
    OOC: Heh, last post of the night for me (over here it's already 9:30 PM). I was hoping we could start the third day tomorrow, but oh well. BTW, if you guys continue, try to make the rest of the day pass by. You are allowed to go past me, remember that. ;)

--

I saw AJ pull my wallet out, along with some bills. I gave him a strange gaze, but didn't think anything of it. I pulled the wallet back, then asked, "How much do you need? I kind of have a budget here." I turned back to Ruya. "Sorry about that. It's nice to have people from different Regions come here. I mean, yeah, this city would be a popular choice, but you don't see a direct…you know, to come directly into the city. Mostly, people start out their journey's and leave this place for last." I began to think about that. "Is this your first time here? I mean, did you plan on journeying across Kanto?"

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    It didn't really matter considering that I had already grabbed most of the bills adding up to about thirty dollers. " I need about this much... yeah." I told him. " For groceries... and some lunch" I said walking away. " I'll go buy what I need and then head off to Beckies" I said to myself counting the money, Actully if I remembered right... Everything was on sale today! Five bucks would get me what I need and the thirty bucks? lots of fries. I then rid off about four minutes to get to the general store where I got the cheese and goodnites. When I got up to the counter and began to pay the clerk looked at me funny and without even having to know what he was thinking I said " Brother" and left, I decided I should give so I got back to him with my bag of groceries and put three dollars on the table, "there ya go, all your change" I said with all the other cash in my pockets, I then realized I had a clear plastic bag so I quickly put it behind my back.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Ruya made a movement somewhere between a nod and shake of her head, watching with amusement as Tom removed the wallet from AJ. "It's not my first time to visit Kanto, but it might as well be. I was only here for a few days last time. I had some questions about a Pokemon called Articuno who was rumored to live on a mountain in Johto. Since it's a Pokemon supposedly native to Kanto I came to visit Professor Oak," she paused to think for a moment before answering Tom's second question, "I had planned the travel through Kanto and enter the League. I really didn't care where I started. The only reason I ended up here was because this is where my flight landed." She gave him a slightly apologetic look before adding quickly, "this is a nice city, through. I can see why a lot of trainers would stop by."

AJ had returned by the time she finished her rendition and she let out a sigh, indicating annoyance. She wasn't really annoyed, but it was fun subtly irritating people. Not that I would ever do anything like, she thought innocently, envisioning the horns that were bound to be holding up her halo, if there was a halo at all.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    "Im from Pallet town. Just south of here. Im betting everybody has heared of that. Its where Professer Oak resides. Hes the one who gave me my pokenav."

Then Cain peered at the clock. It read 8:45.

"Well time flies. So what are you guys do here in Viridian city? Ruya why did you decided to go to Viridian city anyway? Im here for one thing. To explore Kanto. Since there are no pokemon its going to be easy. Anyway Tom do you want to do anything"

Arach

*twirls*
    Years
    ((How cold is it out in Viridian? I'm Canadian, so I'm used to -20*C winters, but by your characters running around outside, on bikes and such, I'm assuming it can't be very cold. It does seem to be perpetual summertime in pokemon land.))

Sitting quietly in front of a bowl of bland oat-bran cereal and a glass of orange juice, Jennifer quietly flipped through the (decidedly depressing) morning paper. She was surprised there even was one, considering the chaos of the night before. The front page was littered with pictures of riots from all around the globe, spanning from Kanto all the way to Hoenn and Shinnoh. On the fifth page was an article interviewing her father about the crisis, along with some other important bigwigs from the Mossdeep Space Center. Obviously, since it was a newspaper that claimed to be 'the people's voice', it didn't portray her father--the scientist, the one who supposedly kept knowledge hoarded--in a very positive light. Disgusted, she put the paper face down on the table and concentrated on her cereal, rapidly growing mushy. Sunlight streamed through the window, alighting on her mop of wet, wavy blue hair. Freed from its cap, with her Jenny eyes and Jenny face, she looked so much like her mother it made her sick. Why hadn't she been born with pink hair? Clearly, her life would have been idyllic!

Tired of food and of trashy newspapers with headlines that made her heart quiver in her throat, she got up and shuffled over to the common room in slippers. She'd gotten dressed for propriety's sake, but her plans for the day didn't include going out. As a result, she hadn't bothered with shoes, preferring to slip on a pair of comfy striped knee-socks with her favorite pair of Mareep slippers. She liked them; at least these Mareep didn't make any noise, didn't smell and certainly wouldn't electrocute you when you weren't looking.

Settling down on one of the couches, she glared balefully at the alarmist television set, still broadcasting the same set of red herring leads. As she scoured the coffee tables for any decent reading material, she recognized the kind trainer from the night before, the one who'd given her the apple. He was talking with a girl and a boy who seemed about his age, and one apparently mischievous child. Feigning that she couldn't hear them (it was the polite thing to do), she reached for a tattered yellow paperback, something about a young man raised by a tribe of Aipom, or whatever...

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    "Why am I still here?" Kaki asked herself, staring out at the sea that was so vastly filled with water Pokemon, even though the only water Pokemon she ever liked was part Ground. "Mud," She breathed with sorrow. She turned her gaze up towards the sky, moarning. "Why did you all have to leave me?" She whispered to herself.

She recalled coming to Viridian to find her own kind, humans. Some sort of companionship, company. She didn't have many friends. They were spread out across the world. With Nala she could go visit them, but her beloved Dragon had disappeared into thin air.

Kaki turned away from the water and began aimlessly walking around the town of Viridian, watching the groups of people talking, something inside her sinking like she didn't belong anywhere.

Without Kaki's Pokemon, she could not attend any sort of event. She and Mud would always enter the race that was held each year, even though it was in water. Mud knew hse couldn't swim and if she feel off, Mud would be underneth her within three seconds.

Tiger, Burn, Nala, and Thorn loved entering Pokemon Contests, and her baby Foxy was bred for Contests, being in the process of training her how to use her moves for Contests, and how to use her moves in battle. Not to mention her Foxy was Shiny. Kaki always made sure she kept the best care of Foxy's coat, her shining, glittering, lovely coat. Foxy was different, she was rare, and her own kind didn't like her for it. Even Foxy's parents refused to care for their newborn Vulpix. But, Kaki was simply honored to take care of the weak and defenseless Vulpix.

Years
    OOC: You know Arach, I never really thought about that. I just took whatever temperature I was getting here, and put it as Viridian. I forgot that this website is not only with people from this far south in Texas where I am. >_>

So, I took a US map and overlayed it on a Kanto map to find the right place for Viridian and check what temperature it would be around New Years, and found Flagstaff. It would be 21 degrees Fahrenheit, -6 degrees Celsius in Flagstaff.

However, looking at the Kanto map, I found that it doesn't resemble the US at all; it more resembles a region way on the other side of the world for me. I checked there, and overlayed. That led me to New Delhi, India. It would be 53 degrees Fahrenheit, 11 degrees Celsius in New Delhi.

So, I guess you guys choose which one you want, the 21/-6 degrees, or the 53/11 degrees? I'm going with Flagstaff, but I'd like for everyone to decide.

--

"Well, I wouldn't say it'd be easy to explore," I said, answering an un-asked question. I was going to explain that even without Pokémon around to have living just a little more livelier, it was still a very dangerous world out there. But I stopped myself before I could say what would probably make me sound like my Mom.

To change to conversation, I decided to talk to AJ. I looked at the table to find three dollars. "Gee, that was a lot. What'd you buy?" I don't know why I even asked that question; I had already seen the list of things he was going to buy.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    "Hey Tom, you know where I really want to go?"

Cain walked up to Tom who was talking to the kid he was baby sitting. Apparently he was named AJ.

"I really want to go to the indigo Plateo. Since I cant go there I want to see it for my own eyes."

Then Cain started to walk towards the door outside into the fresh air

Years
    I had to admire Cain for that. He knows there's no more Pokémon; possibly never going to ever be Pokémon again. He knows. I know. I'm pretty sure the whole world knows already. Cain has the guts to keep on going. That's something we needed around, well, everywhere. It's a way to look up to someone. It's a way to say that you can do anything; even when your dreams have just been crushed before your eyes.

"You know, I think I'm going to come with you," I said, standing up. "I know my way around here. Well, not that there's any dangerous Pokémon out there anymore, but just for the heck of it. You know?"

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Travis was not a happy camper.

Well, that wasn't how he had put it, but the sadistic Rocket who was holding him to the side of a wall and extorting money from him had said it, and Travis made it a point not to argue with the opinions of people who were currently in control of his life. It wasn't exactly an argument he could win. What was really bothering him about this whole fiasco was that the Rocket, as tough as he was acting in his old-fashioned, black uniform seemed to be be scared to death of something. He kept glancing over his shoulder, looking for help. Travis fought to keep himself calm as he explained that he had no money.

"None? What the hell do you mean NONE? I need somethin' to live off here! The entire organization is going under without Pokemon to make profits of off, you dig? You've gotta have something valuable!" the Rocket screeched. Travis recoiled- the guy's breath was laced with something rank. Anchovies? No, more like pinto beans and pickled onions, he decided. He had no idea how he knew that, either- he made a point to get his head checked out later.

"I don't have anything of value except a plane ticket to Kanto that I spent the last of my money on. Please let me down." Travis replied, struggling to keep his voice even. It wasn't an easy task, considering the Rocket's hand was around his neck. On the other hand, he reflected, it was probably a good thing that the Rocket was clamping a hand over his neck, otherwise he might have noticed the Rainbow Wing.

Of course, it was Travis's luck that at that exact moment, the Rocket let him go, and as he fell to the ground, his necklace was exposed.

"You little freak! You liar!" The Rocket cursed and raved as he kicked Travis, causing the boy to double up in pain as he reached his hand down and plucked the necklace. Without stopping to see what it was, the thief was gone, racing down a side alley.

Travis pulled himself to his feet, but he already knew that chasing after the man on foot was a lost cause. He cursed, loudly and vehemently. That feather had been his one hope of seeing Ryota again! And it still was, he realized. Knowing the Rocket, he'd sell the thing on the black market. And if Travis's memory served him right, there was still a few outposts left in Kanto...

The youth wasted no time in beggining a steady walk, which escalated into a run, towards the airport. I hope what Morty said was true... that he'd be able to see past time with the Rainbow and Silver wings... because if it isn't, Ryota and I will never see each other again.

OOC: Note- I'm going to have Travis run into somebody before I explain exactly what happened when he brought Morty the Rainbow Wing. Reliving it here doesn't make much sense, now does it?

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    (Is it alright if I assume that it's the morning of the 3rd day? If not, I'll go back and edit this.)

Isabel grumbled and sat up as she woke, wiping her sweaty bangs from her forehead. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Ever since late yesterday afternoon, she'd been feeling unbearably hot, and had no idea why. Her uncle, apparently, was feeling the same way, but the rest of the family did not. And to confuse matters even more, neither Izzy or her uncle had fevers, nor did they appear abnormal otherwise. It was... rather curious, to say the least. Almost as curious as the fact that all of the world's Pokemon, including her little cousin Anne's Meowth, Nunu, had disappeared without a trace.

Grouchily, the lanky girl got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom(Which was empty, strangely enough.) to wash up, thinking about the whole event. It was so strange, almost like some kind of twisted nightmare, but it was all too real. (Anne's wails of anguish and now constant tears suddenly came to mind.) To make matters worse, the news showed little light on the matter: Apparently, the government was just as confused as everyone else, and now it seemed that everyone was either in complete shock or total hysteria. Izzy was fairly sure she was the former. The whole thing was just too surreal to be true.

Finished with her morning bathroom routine, Izzy was curious when she finally noticed something slightly disturbing. The house was almost completely silent. Just... nothing. No yelling, no screaming, no sounds of people scrambling around the house as was usual... Izzy felt a sudden twinge of fear as she rushed downstairs towards the kitchen and dining room area, panicing. She'd already lost one family member; she wasn't losing anyone else.
    Her blond hair in complete disarray and the panic she was feeling highly apparent on her face, the girl stopped in her tracks when she reached the kitchen. Her aunt, uncle, and cousins were all there and safe, but she could still feel something wrong. Everyone seemed so quiet, seemingly lost in their thoughts: They hadn't even noticed her, apparently. It certainly wasn't normal. Obviously distraught by the sight, Isabel spoke.

"W..." the teen paused mid-sentence, shocked at the unfamiliar raspyness of her voice, before continuing, "What's going on?"

Her Aunt Linda was the one to answer, her tone uncharacteristically somber, "We don't know... We just finished watching the news and still nobody knows what's going on..."

Isabel stared dumbly.

"Oh."

Turning around to head back to her room to get dressed, Izzy called back out to whoever would hear her, the casual tone of her voice barely hid her inner turmoil.

"I'm... I'm going out to get some fresh air... I'll be back later."

"Be home before dark."

"I will."

Izzy came back into the living room to leave through the front door wearing a green t-shirt and blue-jean shorts, catching the attention of her worrysome aunt.
    The older woman practically spasmed at the sight.

"What are doing wearing shorts!?! In this weather! Are you crazy!?!" she squawked.

Izzy replied in her usual dry tone.

"I told you, I've been really hot!"

One of Izzy's other younger cousins, Jasmine, sat on a nearby armchair, clearly amused, judging by the fact that she had stop playing her video game to watch. She was obviously expecting some explosive reaction on her mother's part. She was sorely disappointed, however, when the woman waved her hand dismissively and sighed. The brunette woman obviously figured it was no use arguing: After all, Isabel could be about as stubborn as a wall at times.

"Fine... Just... just bring a coat with you, alright?"

Not wanting to argue for once, Izzy complied, grabbing her navy blue jacket from the nearby closet before heading out the door with a quick goodbye to her flustered aunt.

For some reason, she suddenly found herself craving a snow-cone...

(Sorry it's crap, but I've been having a brainfart. Sorrryyyy....)

Years
    OOC: lol, Kasedilla just pushed us a day ahead. XD Okay, I hope it's cool with everyone to just start the third day now. However, I noticed in both Kasedilla and ACC's posts that they were already somewhat getting abilities of their Pokémon they are going to become. I'm going to let that slide. After all, I did say that after the first three days, you would notice changes (as in appearance-ish). I never said you wouldn't get abilities before-hand. So go ahead and if there is some kind of ability of your Pokémon, express it. I'll show an example in my post, but really, examples were already given by both Kasedilla and ACC. If you want to add what happened the day before in your next post, feel free to do say. Say you went bowling and it was fun or something. If there was something you wanted to do on the second day, just post saying exactly what it was, and whether you did it or not. ;)

BTW, Kasedilla, your post wasn't 'crap,' as you say, but I know how you feel about brainfarts. XD

--

The day before had passed by really quickly. I'm not even sure what the heck happened. What even really happened? Did I end up going with Cain to the Indigo Plateu? Did I end up babysitting AJ again? Whatever it was, I couldn't remember it much. But that didn't matter; today was a new day. And look; it was…opps, I woke up late. It was 9:00 AM.

I do know that I had made really good friends with Ruya and Cain. That was enough to meet them at the Pokémon Center again. Oh wait, but then I'd have to pay for their rooms. No worries there either, I could just get some money from my wallet and…and…

Once I grabbed my wallet from my desk, I realized AJ had used most of it on groceries.

"Uh oh," I said aloud.

--

Quickly, I showered, changed, did everything I needed in the morning. Though I got to say; that shower was weird.

Somehow, it felt…different. I enjoyed the water, but…I felt as if I wasn't getting wet at all. It doesn't make sense, but it was just a certain feeling. And for a second there, I felt as if I could breathe the water hitting my face. I tested it again, but just ended up coughing and drowning myself like a chicken.

Well, that was strange. Now I was ready to leave, and I left to go to the Pokémon Center. I don't quite remember, but I think that Ruya and AJ are still there. If they are, then I'm screwed money-wise. If they aren't, well, I'll wish that they still were.

I entered the Pokémon Center. Let there be a miracle with me, money-wise, I prayed.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I goaned as I turned in my sleep and held my stomache, I was dreaming that the zombies had gotten me and were tearing up my stomache I was screaming and trying to get away but they kept coming and when I finnaly got away I saw that my gun was gone and I thought that I was screwed until I found a 50. magnum desert eagle on the ground, " To perfect" I mumbled as I started to mow down zombies as I ran and then I saw him, it was Tom! as a zombie. I suddenly thought to myself that this might be fun but as much as I shot and shot he wouldn't die and then he got me and moaned " You stole my money..." and he then killed me . I suddenly screamed as I died in my dream and came to my senses, " To real..." I said to myself as I sat up and noticed the small wet spot on my crotch. " man..." I mumbled as I tryed covering it up but it was the size of a baseball. I decided to change into my clothes from the day before but I couldn't find them, must be in a wash. I then saw Tom by the entrance, " Why me?" I said to no one in particular as I tryed to find somewhere to hide and I noticed something, Am I smaller? I could see my PJs were looser and I just felt diffrent but I dismissed the thought.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    OOC: Yeah, I do realize that Travis's "he ate pinto beans" moment was a little over-the-top now, but it wasn't really intended to be a Pokemon thing. Here comes the actual first change I had in mind for him...

BIC:

Travis yawned and opened his eyes. It had already been two days since his arrival in Kanto, and he still didn't have any idea where the Rocket had gone. It was as if that despicable freak had vanished from the face of the Earth. Travis didn't really care so much about what happened to the idiot, but he did want his Rainbow Wing back, and if he couldn't find it, he was going to be one angsty teenager for the rest of his young life. He had already made up his mind, in fact, to commit several murders if the Rainbow Wing didn't lead him to Ryota, not the least of which would be Morty's. If that ghost-boy had given him false hope, Travis swore he would tear him limb-from-limb, and-

Slapping himself in the face in order to clear the aggression from his head, Travis pulled himself out of bed. He'd been having intense, aggressive mood-swings like this every time he began thinking about the Rocket who had taken the Rainbow Wing now. It wasn't like him to be this angry at anyone, no matter what they had done. There was something different about this person though, somehow his behavior had reminded Travis of a-a-

Seviper. his brain said, filling in the blank for him.

Travis's eyebrows twitched, but he gave no other outward indication of his inner surprise. Seviper. Before he had never had anything against them, but now just thinking the name made him want to shudder with revulsion. Seviper. He made a mental note to apologize to Ryota, if he ever saw him again, for ever teasing him about his hatred of the species. And that Rocket had been one, he was almost sure of it. Moving his way across the small room in the Viridian Pokemon center, he made his way into the tiny bathroom, and walked over to the mirror. He took one glance at his reflection, before jumping backward, startled.

His eyes had changed color. They were a flashing, yellow-brown color. And was it just his imagination, or were his pupils a little more- ovular? His gaze traveled down to his mouth, and as he opened it, he realized that his canines had grown a bit longer- well, about a centimeter and a half. But noticeable. Very much so. He hoped people wouldn't stare.

His eyes darted about the room, looking for something that he could use to keep his color changing irises under wraps. Unfortunately, nothing presented itself. It was with chagrin that Travis realized that just the other day he had missed out on buying a pair of sunglasses. Well, there was only one thing to do...

Grabbing his clothes, the former trainer hurriedly changed, and raced downstairs, intending to make his way to the nearest convenience store and get his hands on a pair of sunglasses with the little money he had left. Unfortunately, his plan was cut short as he bumped directly into someone entering the center. With an "Oomph!", he slid backwards along the polished floor, struggling to keep balance.

Years
    I held onto the double doors. I was a bit shaken by the force, but I was alright. I was sort of surprised by the strength of the hit. When I looked at who had slammed into me, I saw a trainer. Or, at least I think he was a trainer. I should've stopped using that word a long time ago; now, it really just doesn't seem to fit anyone at all.

"Sorry about that," I said, even though he was the one that crashed into me. That was just the way I was; always looking out for people. "Need a hand?" I asked.

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    (Wha... Wait, what? I'm confused... I thought ACC's character and my character were the only ones is Ecruteak, and everyone else was Viridian...

Am I wrong? D: )

Arach

*twirls*
    Years
    ((ACC's chara travelled, I think. Not sure. @_@))

Stepping out the shower, Jennifer walked up to the fogged-up bathroom mirror. A towel tucked around her body, she used another, fluffier towel to frantically rub her short hair dry. With one hand, she reached over and cleared a circular patch of condensation. Blinking, she took a moment to take in her reflection. She pulled the fluffy towel off her head.

Her hair was sticking up, all of it, as if it was full of static.

"How bizarre..." she muttered. Hair wasn't supposed to do that in moist environments. Running the hot tap, she dunked her head under the faucet and repeated the drying process, with the same result. Frustrated, she decided her cap would have to do.

She got dressed and headed to the cafeteria, picking up a bowl of fruit salad to eat. To her surprise, she recieved an electric jolt when she reached for a metal fork; every time she reached for it. Her heart was starting to beat crazily, but she pushed the bad thoughts away and grabbed a plastic fork instead. She'd left that book in the lobby yesterday, and was determined to finish it--she'd be moving in with her mother tonight, so this was her last chance, even if it wasn't the best story. If you started something, you might as well finish it.

At the counter, she spotted Nurse Joy speaking with her mother, this time in full police regalia. Jenny offered her daughter a bright smile; after three days, the populace was somewhat calmer, even if it was out of misery. Chewing on a piece of pineapple, she waited for her mother to finish speaking with Joy.

"I've been a lot better," Joy confided, still looking weak, "the trainers are so kind. The solidarity they show amongst each other is remarkable...this one boy, Tom, is paying for his friends' rooms during their stay, isn't that nice?" She smiled, "it things like that that make me get through my day."

Jennifer tilted her head, pondering. Where had she heard that name before? Tom, Tom...Tom! Him! That apple guy! The kind trainer!

"Can I pay for their rooms for today?" She asked impulsively, adding quickly, "I'm a friend of his. He's low on funds because of, um, no more...y'know...battle money." Jennifer was a firm believer in reciprocity: kind actions deserved reward, after all.

Her mother stared at her incredulously, prompting her to continue the lie: "I met him when I came her with Officer McCalla. I was hungry, and he gave me an apple. He's nice. Besides, it'll be my money, not yours, mom."

Jenny beamed, pleased her daughter had 'made friends' so fast, especially with a boy. "There's no need for that, he sure seems like a generous guy! Joy, put it on my tab, will you? Now cupcake," Jennifer HATED that name, "Mama's gonna be out until five or six tonight, so I'll come and pick you up when I'm done working, alright?"

Swallowing a grape, Jennifer shook her head. "It's ok, mom. I know where your flat is, I'll just walk, it's not far, plus my suitcase is on wheels."

Jenny looked dubious. "Are you sure? It gets dark out at four PM these days, cupcake." This made Jennifer pause, and shiver. She didn't want to walk outside after dark, but all the same, the less time she spent with her mother, the better off she was.

"I-I'll manage, mom," she did her best impression of a brave smile, and Jenny melted.

"Fine. But be home before ten, alright darling?"

"Yes, mom," Jenn replied, shutting her eyes as her mother kissed her forehead and headed out the center. At about that time, a boy she recognized as Tom and another kid collided by the front door, making her wince. Her mother began to talk, probably asking if the boys were alright, but Jennifer, disinterested, walked back to the couches. She felt uncomfortable; her clothing felt staticky and itchy. How odd...

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    OOC: We were... but my character went to Kanto using the last of his money, and now he's in Viridian. Pay attention to my posts, will ya? Jk, JK. We need a reason for our characters to get together though.

IC:

"No, thanks, I'm fine. I'd say 'watch where you're going', but that would start an argument, and I'm really not in the mood now." Travis hissed, regaining his balance. Now that he thought of it, he realized that the guy had been a bit... slippery feeling. Yeah, that was it. And come to think of it, he smelled a little funny too. Something like.... Psyduck, his brain prompted. The trainer nodded in silent agreement. It was definitely some type of water-dwelling Pokemon. That was odd- it was the second time he had recognized a scent without having ever really thought about what it was before. First his eyes and teeth went nuts, and now his nose was on steroids? It didn't make sense. "Hey, listen," he began, then stopped. Asking a question like that would be stupid, idiotic in fact. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained... "This may be a personal question, but... did you have a Psyduck, or spend time with one, or something? Before-" Travis couldn't bring himself to say "they vanished", so he substituted "before New Year's, I mean."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back