• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Cain noticed Ruya was falling behind. Then she noticed someone. A girl who apeared injured. Cain then started walking up to the both of them. He put on his fedora from his backpack and set it on his head.

"Well hello my name is Cain."

Then Cain noticed Travis was here as well and he was acting the same as usual. Same old same old.

"So what is your name?"

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    (( Just to tell everyone, Kaki is standing... She's not that horribly weak. ^^;; ))

Kaki quickly withdrew her hand that had been extended towards Ruya in a slight jump of surprisement when the 'King of Love' announced his undying love for her. But, with his gasp Kaki began giggling quitely to herself, watching as he rushed over to the tree she was standing under the shade of and began raming his head against the innocent tree's bark. She chuckled lightly as he banged his head against the tree and took that time to bend down and grab the rose he had spit onto the ground, being careful of the thorns.

"Uhm," Kaki began as he bowed, introducing himself as Travis as well as asking for forgiveness. This made Kaki smile shyly and chuckle a bit more, her hazel eyes sparkling with amusement. She smiled wider and extended the rose towards him, letting the pedals rest softly upon his nose. "You're already forgiven, Mister King of Love." She told him before removing the rose from his nose. Her smile faded slightly and she touched her forehead, watching as his forehead began bleeding from beating his head against the three. "Uhm, you're... Bleeding..." She informed him before being interupted by another voice.

She nodded to the two new people with a warm smile. "Hi, the name's Kaki. Nice to meet you, Izzy, Cain."

Years
    OOC: Sorry I wasn't here all day guys; I wasn't here all day because...well, it's Valentine's day and...I sort of had a "date" to be at. It would be rude to be here than with my girl (if we decide to seal the deal >_> ).
    --

Usually, me meeting people, I would be the first in line to say "hi." Right now though, I strangely felt more tired than I would feel any other day. Two hours of walking sounds hard, but it's walking. It's simple. Why did I feel as if I ran the entire way? It was a sense of…laziness in me. I wasn't that lazy. Even Travis wasn't acting as lazy, seeing him smash his head to a tree for doing exactly what he had done earlier that day. Either way, I was late to say this "hi," so I decided I'd do just that.

"Well, it's nice meeting you, Kaki," I said with a smile. I looked at the continuing road, not seeing Pallet in sight. "Do you happen to know how far Pallet Town is from here?" At the moment, that was really the only place I wanted to be going to and stopping at. Wait, I hadn't even introduced myself! That was just rude; considering everyone else was doing so already. "By the way, I'm Tom."

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    (( Random, I think I'm going to change the Pokemon Kaki is going to transform into just a regular colored Vulpix. =] ))

From the first view she had gotten of the group, there seemed to be a smaller number of people, now seeing that the group consisted of at least four people. As she waited for someone else to say something or ask something, Kaki took an interest in picking the thorns off the rose that the 'King of Love' had dropped on the ground before rushing over to the tree and banging his head against the bark, not to mention, making himself bleed. These thorns were discarded into the grass around her shoes.

Another voice said her name, and it made her lift her head up to see who it belonged to. She found that his head was turned away from her, and down the trail towards Pallet. The male that had greeted her asked a question as to how long it would take them to arrive in the town of Pallet and she smiled slightly. "Hm," She hummed, signaling she was thinking. In the middle of thinking, the male introduced himself as Tom. "Well, Tom," She began, offering a smile, "I believe Pallet is only about an hour and a half away from this point. Although, the sign behind you might help a bit." She pointed out, nodding towards the sign that pointed towards Viridian and Pallet, also showing the distance to the town.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I got myself off the ground slowly rubbing my head looking in the commotions direction, what's going on? I asked myself my vision and legs a little slurred after crashing into the big rock. " I need to stop daydreaming" I mumbled to myself completly picking myself and shattered peices up, Much better I thought looking over at the new girl everyone was talking to, " Why hello there..." I mumbled slowly walking my bike over, my legs stuttering from the trauma they had received.

" Hey, what's you name?" I asked the girl not noticing my forhead had a small bleeding spot on it, I suddenly felt the cold wet feeling up there and touched my forhead. " Blood?" I mumbled to myself as I looked at my blood drenched hand.

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    "Why, hello, there." Came a quiet mumble, causing Kaki to look around for the sorce of noise. Was she going insane? But, soon, her answer walked up, a bike at his right. He asked for her name, but Kaki's attention was on the bleeding spot on his head. "Uh," Kaki began, but the thin line of blood was rolling down his forehead and the boy had already noticed. Kaki reacted by reaching for her back pockets, feeling where she had put that cloth. Finding it in her right pocket, she pulled it out.

She opened the water bottle she was given, but not before sticking the rose behind her ear to get it out of her hands, and then poured some of the water onto the cloth. She walked a few breathless steps forwardand bent down to rid of the thin line of blood and put slight pressure on the bleeding spot on his forehead to stop the bleeding. Once it had stopped, she handed the cloth to the boy to clean his hand off. Then, Kaki smiled to him and finally answered; "My name's Kaki. And yours is?"

Arach

*twirls*
    Years
    Jenn walked along with the others, relieved at the idea that they were going to a cruise ship to Vermilion, instead of hiking. She honestly had no viable skills to help the group--except possibly as an untrained nurse, but even then, she hadn't even had the presence of mind to pack a first-aid kit, and she didn't trust her weak nerves on the field. She sent a text message to her mother once they were underway, evening creeping over them like a dark blanket. She felt a bit overwhelmed by the whole situation, but all in all was holding up pretty well, considering her usual tendencies. At one point, they passed a sign that read 'ROUTE 1 SOUTH - Pallet: 9.5 km'; she was relieved to see it because it meant that they'd be getting there soon, but assumed that everyone else had seen it and didn't say a word.

At some point during their march, the sharp predator-girl--Ruya--broke off and went to speak with another, shorter girl with bright red hair. The young lady was sitting by a tree, looking tired (like most people these days), possibly ill. A few words were exchanged, Ruya gently extending her hand to feel the other's girl's forehead. Water was then offered as Travis burst in with another comic routine, and that child--AJ--fell off his bike. The young woman, it was discovered, was Kaki; she was obviously of a gentle sort, reaching to help AJ's forehead injury with the water she'd been offered. As the others crowded around, Jenn felt little to no need to join them; she had to get closer, however, if she wanted to listen to the conversation, but not any more than she needed to.

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    Zaiku turned around noticing all the things going on.
    "Oh sorry I didn't notice you Kaiki... I kinda fade out a lot. I'm Zaiku anyway, the one with most energy in the group." Zaiku introduced himself.
    "So dudes and dudettes... Are we off to Palett or what?" Zaiku asked.
    Zaiku thought abpit the newcomer, should he ask her to come or not... He had barely known her, but she seemed kind, and Zaiku senced that she was going mad without Pokemon. He then thought about if he was reading her emotions so easily, it was wierd. He then finally sputtered out what he had heard from the 'king of love' before about the Rainbbow wing and the black market and stuff. He then ended up saying. "Something tells me you used to be a trainer.... Do you wanna come with us?" He then asked sencing how she felt without Pokemon.... It was funny.... He had barely knew these people, yet he felt like he knew them all so well... The changes possibly... But what was he changing into? What was going on with the world? It was so wierd...

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Gah! I think I injured my scalp." Travis groaned, as he rubbed his head. "Naw, that's just bark. I'm not... bleeding..." Slowly, as he stared at the girl in front of him, a mist seemed to cloud his vision...

Look at me,
    I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree...

Travis groaned. His brain was playing Johnny Mathis. He was officially nuts.

And I feel like I'm clinging to a cloud,
    I can't... understand... I get misty
    Just holding your hand.

Still, he reflected, the red-haired girl was indeed worthy of the song. Something about her seemed to strike a chord deep in his heart. Why should he resist the urge to declare his undying love towards her? Well, besides the fact that knowing that he was now some kind of bizarre womanizer, that is...

Walk my way
    And a thousand violins begin to play,
    Or it might be the sound of your hello
    That music I hear
    I get misty the moment you're near.

Travis had stopped resisting the song without realizing it. Right now, all he wanted to do was show his love- but how to do that now that he had convinced her that he was a class-A nimrod? Silently he cursed himself for being an idiot.

You can say that you're leading me on,
    But that's just what I want you to do...
    (Travis was humming the song by now)
    Don't you notice how helplessly I'm lost... (He began singing under his breath.)
    That's why I'm following you... (He lifted his voice, and began singing to the world)

On my own
    Would I wander through this Wonderland alone
    Never knowing my right foot from my left,
    My hat from my glove,
    I'm to misty... and too much... in love...

Slowly, Travis wandered over to the side of the red-haired girl. Now that the song was done, he had no idea what to say- he had already (embarrasingly) introduced himself. Finally, he alllowed the one thing he could think of to slip from his mouth.

"Um... H-Hi."

Brilliant.

((Just consider that post a late Valentine's Day present to all you ladies out there. XD))

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    (( xP Too bad I hate Valentines Day. Its more like Couples-Rub-It-In-Single's-Face Day. ))

Kaki stood back up again and faced Zaiku as he introduced himself. "Nice to meet you, Zaiku." She said, nodding to him with a smile. But, what Zaiku asked her caught her offguard, she didn't know what to think of it. "Oh, uhm..." She began, thinking silently to herself. "Well, you're all going to Pallet, right? Where are you going to go from there?" Kaki asked shyly.

Once again, the King of Love spoke up and was beginning to sing one of her favorite songs by Johnny Mathis, an older song, but she still liked it. It was still quite amusing at how dramtic he was being, but to her he was actually quite.... Charming. But, it seemed to her that the other females weren't goning to fall for it. But, heck, he was funny, and humor was something she was in need of currently.

"Um... H-Hi." He ended the song, seeming embarrased. But, it was cute to Kaki. She chuckled lightly and smiled. "I like that song," She told him, tilting her head slightly to the side.

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    Zaiku was trying extremely hard not to laugh at Travis. Extremely hard.
    He ended up laughing loudly so much nearly started crying. "Way to go King of Loved" He muttered under his breath then laughing again now softer. He stopped trying to catch his breath.
    He then heard Kaki's question, "Well believe it or not, we have a way to return pokemon to the world."Then Zaiku explained everything to her about the rainbow feather and where it was. "Well, for some reason I feel pretty wierd since today, and it's as if I know what everyone is thinking, heck I can tell peoples names by just looking at them. And I sence your gret grief over many Pokemon you trained extremely hard to raise, and you really love them... 'Sides, you seem pretty aimless from here, so why not come with us, I only met these guys a few hours ago, and they took me with them, heck I organised the cruise." Zaiku explained
    "Well What do you say?" He asked in friendly way.

Last edited:

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    As Zaiku talked to her, he had gained Kaki's full attention, listening to his words. When he spoke of a feather, Kaki inconspicously raised a hand to her chest, laying it above the feather she had found that was hidden beneth her shirt. He spoke of a rainbow feather... The feather she had was only gold, red, and green. Not rainbow.

But, then Zaiku moved onto how he felt odd and that he could sense her grief, the lose of her beloved Pokemon more pain than she ever felt. "Tiger..." She sighed quietly, her Arcanine. He was going to be missed the most. He was her very first Pokemon and always would have a special place in her heart. The place they were heading was Vermillion, and it was kind of close to Lavender. Her camp site where she left all her things was in her Secret Base, located in a large bush. All of her things were most likely untouched, encluding the Pokeballs that had once contained her Pokemon.

The only thing she didn't like was the mention of the cruise. "Uh, well... I'm a tad... Afraid of water... B - but as long as I don't see the water, I don't think I'll freak out... I can't swim." She admitted. "I've never really felt comfortable around water..."

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    (( xP Too bad I hate Valentines Day. Its more like Couples-Rub-It-In-Single's-Face Day. ))

OOC: Gotta agree with ya on the last part, Hazel. :P Still, it's not all bad. Free chocolate. :D

IC: As she listened to the various members of their group begin to introduce themselves to Kaki, Ruya allowed her mind to wander aimlessly, not really having anything to say. When Zaiku walked up and began chattering about the Rainbow Wing, she couldn't help but feel rather annoyed with him. Kaki didn't look like an enemy, she seemed to be perfectly nice, but that didn't mean they should blab valuable information at complete strangers.

These thoughts were washed instantly away as Travis began to hum, then sing a love song. It was a nice song and very sweet, but Ruya was never one to notice that until after she laughed. There was no difference here. Out of respect for the fact that Travis had obviously gone off the deep end, she tried to muffle her laughter with her hand. Messieur Master of Love strikes again.

Eventually she got her laughter under control and was able to remove her hand from her mouth. She watched Kaki's response to the song and a thought struck her. She immediately placed a hand over her mouth again to stop her from saying what she wanted to say. Still, she couldn't resist humming the tune to what sounded like Kaki and Travis sitting in a tree.

Zaiku spoke up again, asking the red head if she wished to join the group of the journey to Vermillion. Kaki placed a hand to her chest and admitted in stammer that she didn't like water and couldn't swim. "I wouldn't worry. Cruise ships are huge. There's loads of stuff to do inside so you won't have to look at the water." She suddenly realized that she had, like Zaiku, pretty much just invited a person who was still a stranger to join them. Then again, weren't they all still strangers to each other. Knowing names and hometowns didn't make them best buddies. I guess I have no grounds to complain, do I? And most of them asked their parents if they could go. I haven't called mom since leaving Johto. Oh dear...she won't be happy with me about that.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    She complimented me!

Travis could hardly contain himself. He was nearly ready to leap into the air with joy, grab the sun, and come back down and present it to his chosen lady as a love-token. She liked my singing! Ho-oh's feathers, she liked my- Travis paused his train of thought for a moment, as the mention of the feather made him remember why he was traveling. "You lost Pokemon too?" he asked, turning to the girl. "I'm sorry to hear that. Even sorrier that you don't like water. I've never been that afraid of it myself, but..." Travis paused, as he realized that the more he thought about water, the more he hated it. It made him smell weird, and took hours to get out of his fur. Fur? Where in the domain of Groudon did that come from? he wondered, putting it out of his mind. Still, he couldn't help feeling that this strong aversion to water, though it hadn't been present before, was natural, even if it hadn't been there before... or had it? He wasn't too sure.... ah, well. "Anyway, I don't like it much either. But if it's the only way to find the Rainbow Wing again, so be it. I'll go." He finished, somewhat distractedly.

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    Alana said:
    OOC: Gotta agree with ya on the last part, Hazel. Still, it's not all bad. Free chocolate.
    (( You get chocolate? Lucky! I get... Dust. Cubone, I like how you keep putting in the names of legendary Pokemon. xD It's quite amusing. ))

Kaki turned her head to listen to Ruya explain to her that she didn't have anything to worry about. Kaki smiled and nodded slowly. "Thanks," She said to Ruya before Travis' voice interupted her with the question of: "You lost your Pokemon, too?" But, after that questions she looked towards the ground, letting her hand fall back to her side. 'I didn't just lose my Pokemon... I lost my love... My life... My passion... My intire future depended on the Pokemon I love, and now... Now there isn't anything to fall back on...' Kaki thought with a quiet sigh.

"Well, we are headed to Vermillion, correct? I have to go back towards Lavender for something." She explained quietly. "And you mentioned what time it was leaving..." Kaki said, glancing at her wrist watch. "I suppose we better get moving, then." She said, a small smile tugging at the sides of her mouth.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Kaki said we had better get moving

Cain replied "I couldnt agree more. We better get going right now or else we are going to be late for the boat".

Cain then started walking. He noticed Tom and went up to him. Just then like it did before Cain tripped again. He fell flat on his face. What the, that never happened before. He noticed his shoe size became a size smaller again. Not again. Cain got up and went to Tom and asked

"When does the boat leave again?"

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "The boat? Oh yeah, the boat!" In the excitement of meeting Kaki, Travis had almost forgotten that the boat would be departing on a schedule. "Hey, Zaiku, did you ever mention what time the boat was leaving?" he asked, glancing around. "Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos together, I hope that we don't miss it! It might take hours to get to Vermillion on foot. Another thought struck him. "Hey, this is bizarre, but has anyone else felt a little- well- different today?" he asked, struggling to put his thoughts into tangible form. "Like, maybe, different body parts, instincts that weren't there before, stuff like that? I mean, on my part, I've been thinking that people smell like Pokemon all day, even people who haven't come near that particular species in their life, and my eyes swapped colors overnight. Well, that and I've been acting like some kind of bizarre womanizer, but that probably has a different explanation." he continued, hoping he didn't sound as stupid as he felt.

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    Since Kaki had mentioned the boat, she was kind of waiting for the group to move along on the trail, and she'd kind of tag behind. But, no one appeared to be moving just yet, even though they still had an hour and a half of traveling left to do at this mark. Yet, still, they remained under the shade of the tree Travis the 'King of Love' had marked his presence on by making a nice sized dent in the bark with his forehead.

Travis' voice caught her attention in the form of a question. His question made her look away to think. "Does feeling like I have a fever, but not feeling ill count?" She asked after he had finished describing how odd he felt.

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    (OOC: Hey y'all, after tonight I'm gonna be gone until sometime on Wednesday, I think... I'm going to a log cabin in the mountains for a few days and I don't think I'll have internet access while I'm there. I'm bringing my laptop, though, so if I do have access, I'll try to get on when I can. Don't count on it, though.
    So yeah... feel free to bunny my character until I get back, just make sure to keep her IC. 'Cause if I come back to find that Izzy is skipping merrily through a field of flowers proclaiming her love for life and the world around her without practically dripping with sarcasm, I'm biting someone's face off. LolKthnxbye. ;))

IC:

Hearing Travis's question, Izzy turned to face him, her interest clearly piqued. She had, in fact, been experiencing changes herself, and the idea that someone else had been as well was quite intriguing. Despite herself, she replied, her bored facade having seemingly disappeared for the moment.

"Well... actually, I've been feeling strange myself..."

The blond paused as she bit her lower lip, clearly debating with herself on whether or not she should elaborate. As per usual, it was her logical side versus her gut feeling, and while her brain usually made all the decisions for her, as of late her gut had been winning out. It was rather odd and even somewhat vexing, but once again, her gut feelings won out, and she continued.

"Like... I've been feeling really hot while in indoors, and I've been feeling really comfortable in the cold..." the teen said, then, gesturing to her summer attire(Which she was somewhat surprised that nobody had remarked about.), added, "Believe it or not, this isn't what I usually wear in January."

Silent for only a moment, she then listed one other peculiar thing as an afterthought. Afterall, she figured that since she was telling them the strange things going on with her, she may as well spill everything out. If they were going to think of her as crazy, they probably were already doing so anyhow: One more quirk wouldn't do much to hurt things.

"Oh, and then this morning at breakfast, I was craving... ice... and found myself eating that instead of my waffles. And what's even stranger is that it made me full."

Noticing an awkward silence, Izzy spoke again, not wanting the others to think she had always been this strange.

"That's uh... certainly not normal for me, to say the least. So, yeah, I guess I have been feeling different lately."

Years
    OOC: Don't worry Kasedilla; I once for winter vacations went to the mountains of Rudioso, New Mexico, for of course a vacation too. It was in a log cabin, and yes, there was internet. If the mountains are anything like those in Rudioso (or something like that; don't really remember how to spell the name XD) then there will be internet.

--

I was thinking of maybe saying exactly how I felt in the shower earlier that morning. I almost even blurted it out, but I didn't think talking about me in the shower was appropriate. That would be a weird subject to be talking about, now wouldn't it? However, I did slightly feel…different today. I felt that I was drained from the walk. I tried my best to hide it, and apparently, I was succeeding, but I wouldn't be able to hold it in later. I was eventually going to just fall on a chair or something and just sleep. It was tiring; and I'm the one that usually rode my bike a lot; even in winter days.

"I've been…sort of getting tired easier," I said. It wasn't much, but I thought I might as well put in my info. I turned to Zaiku and continued with Cain's question to me. "I'm kind of curious too; when does the ship leave? I hope we even make it."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back