• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    OOC: Sorry if this sounds a bit weird or doesn't make sense; where I am, it is very much dark, I've been working on a project all day, and I am very tired. >_>;

--

Okay, so maybe I overreacted. Still, I just wasn't expecting it. It didn't help when there was hardly a railing where I stood. I turned, a little freaked out by the most unbelievably hard to actually be scared of way of scaring someone. My movement caused me to lose balance.

I put my force on the 'no railing' of a rail, and since I was pulling back, pulled back just a bit too much. I fell right into the water.

I closed my eyes as I was ready to intake the coldness…yet, it wasn't cold. I don't know; I've never been to a beach in the cold days, but I somehow thought it would be cold. It was either the water wasn't as cold as I thought, or my body could actually take the punishment of cold water. Either way, I was more surprised by the fact that I breathed the water in for just a sec, then couldn't breathe a thing in the next. I rose to the surface, coughing out water. Really, I didn't think a Psyduck could breathe underwater. I had seen some videos before showing that sometimes a Psyduck can…drown. I found that funny, but now I was a bit nervous. Still, I could swim; as long as I knew how to do that, then I was fine.

"Psy, mind giving me a duck—uh, hand?"

I could reach up and pull myself out by climbing the side, though it just didn't feel easy to do. Besides, I could get help, which seemed to be easier, and much quicker. So, I decided that getting help would be better, as I looked at Travis, waiting for him to help me out as I reached my right arm up.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    OOC: I got to stop playing GTA in my free time. It takes up so much of it and I barely have any time to check this place out

IC:

"Huh battling gym leaders? Never thought I would do that for a while".

Then Cain went back to the boat to get his backpack which he dropped when they teleported. However when he went back and retrieved it he saw Tom had fallen into the water.

"TOM?"

Tom was being a psyduck and it was a water pokemon so he wasnt worried. But he remembered a documentary about ducks he saw a while back. They didnt have gills they had lungs.

Cain went down to where Tom was. He prepared to jump into the water when something stopped him. It wasnt fear it wasnt doubt. It was instinct. Cain felt that it would be very stupid of him to jump into the water like Tom the duck did. Instead he reached out towards him

"Hang on duck boy. I will help"

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
    Zaiku was getting impatient waiting for AJ.
    Maybe I can ask Travis...
    He noticed Tom and Travis were with eachother near the boat, Zaiku closed his eyes and...

---WOOSH----

"Hey Travis Ra," Zaiku began after he teleported, "Apparently you can go head to head with the gym leaders now ra." You wanna go for it Ra?"
    Zaiku himself even though a Ralts still mantained his love of battling, which was uncommon for Ralts as they were usually docile, but Zaiku's key personality hadn't changed.​

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    After all, Ruya was a Sneasel, and they weren't known for being the easiest Pokemon to live with, though he suspected that Ruya hadn't been very easy to live with in the first place.
    How rude. XD Probably true though.

IC: Ruya turned when she heard Travis walk up behind Tom and attempt to scare him. She didn't honestly expect it to work, but it did. Tom jumped. staggered, and tipped over into the water. That was rather amusing and she couldn't suppress a snicker. She covered her mouth with her hand then removed it and sauntered over to the water's edge.

Tom didn't seem to be in any immediate danger, Psyduck though he was. Ruya knew that, although Psyduck were famous for not being able to swim, the image was untrue. Psyduck could swim, though they couldn't breathe underwater. Or maybe they could. She wasn't sure.

Trying to clear her mind and focus on Tom's situation, she started to extend her deformed hand to him. She stopped, her red eyes shining as they caught sight of the stiff claw-like fingers. She sighed and withdrew her hand, shrugging. "Sorry, zel. Can't help, sne, ya," she said, backing up a little to give Cain the chance to pull the stranded duck from the water.

Turning into a Sneasel was becoming more of a problem than she had originally thought. If she tried to pull Tom out of the water, there was every chance her new claws would rip his hand to pieces. Plus her grip wasn't very good anymore. Once her hands finished turning into Sneasel's claws, if they did, then she'd have more flexibility. For now, however, it was best that she just back away.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    "Easy, Tom, I'll help- za?" Travis asked as he felt a pair of hands grip the back of his shirt. Even before he turned, he could sense who was behind him. "Kaki, what..." he began, before his voice petered off. There was something different about her scent today. Besides being much stronger then before, which was to be expected with her recent changes, he could sense something else. What was it? He racked his brains, trying to remember what, exactly, he was smelling.

"Ryota, why weren't you afraid of that older Zangoose? He looked much stronger then you." Travis asked. He and Ryota had just defeated a trainer with a much larger Zangoose, thanks to a few quick moves from Ryota and a stroke of brilliance on Travis's part.

"He was a coward," Ryota replied nonchalantly, "I could smell it all over him."

Travis raised an eyebrow, puzzled. "Smell?"

"Yeah, smell. You know, that whole 'Pokemon can smell fear' thing? It's true, to a degree. Anxiety will sometimes affect another Pokemon's scent, and we 'smell' their fear." Ryota explained.

Reaching out his arms, Travis wrapped them around Kaki. "What's scaring you?" he asked softly. Mentally, he knew that no matter what it was, it was going to come to a head soon. He didn't know exactly how he knew that. Instinct, probably. But whatever it was, he didn't like it.

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
    Years
    Wanting to be of at least some use, Izzy grabbed a towel from her backpack and handed it to Tom.
    While she wanted to say something, she merely ended up looking apologetically at him instead, making the action more awkward than it should have been. A lopsided smile crossed her face in an attempt to lighten things up a bit. Handing Tom the towel was just supposed to be just a simple gesture, but without her voice, communicating was turning out to be quite a chore. Everything felt awkward, which, considering that she figured she was a pretty awkward person to be around with in the first place, made the teen feel increasingly uncomfortable.

Guilt washed over her as briefly she thought of how she'd once taken communication for granted.

Not wanting to dwell on it any longer, however, Izzy glanced in the direction of the land and jerked her head slightly, trying to signal that they should probably get going if they wanted to reach their destination anytime soon. Hopefully, they would get the idea and hurry things up a bit: After all, Ecruteak was still a while away.

Last edited:

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    AJ had started laughing when Tom fell in the water, but this wasn't his 'Seven Year Old Boy' giggle this was more of a demented laugh, that screamed " Shoot me! I'm a demon!" And then hearing Mr. Zaiku he amped himself to ignore the ninja rip off. He would much rather go around terrorizing citizens, but this would be harder done then said. Considering that everyone is turning into freaks with powers.

AJ decided to atleast go see what was going on with Tom and the others, just before going off on his own to construct his plan to bring the downfall of cizillization.

AJ reached the place and smiled his little dark smile, " Now wouldn't it just be amusing to watch a Tomduck die a horrible drowning death." AJ said aloud, attempting to get closer. His eyes now revealed enjoyment of the situation, it seemed like his eyes pleaded the water to go over the head of the one named Tom and the bubbles to stop coming up.

But this daydream as he saw Travis pulling Tom out of the water, AJ growled and almost pouted. He felt like a child who's toy had been taken away, his amusment gone. His fun dimminished. He merely snorted and started to walk off.

Years
    OOC: I am sorry for my absense, but I am back! haha XD

Just thought I'd let you all know that if I don't log on for more than two days again, then go ahead and bunny my character.

--

I reached up, holding a grip onto Cain's hand. Err, actually, it was hardly a grip. I couldn't grab a good hold of it. Still, I reached again, and managed to pull myself out of the water. Well, that wasn't fun.

I just sort of stood there, soaking wet. Then Izzy came to me with a towel. I looked at it, as if unsure what it was for a short moment. Then I thanked her. "Thanks Psy," I said. "uh, I mean Izzy," I corrected. I knew about how she could not speak much at all anymore. This was going to be very troublesome for us all; I just knew it. Eventually, we'd all fall victim. I said what I could only say to her, not minding the fact that Ruya didn't help me when she could have. I was sure it was a good reason though.

"Everything's going to be fine, Izzy."

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    OOC: Man things didnt go as fast as I thought they were going to go. But that is a good thing. Oh and Random_fan I have a question. We will be able to evolve our characters in the RP right?

IC:

Finnaly Tom had gotten out of the water

"gave us ::Cluck:: quite a scare there Tom"

Cain didnt mind clucking every few words. It was at least better then saying your name

"So lets go find ::Cluck:: who we need to give these wings to quickly."

Cain then noticed Tom was still wet. He was given a towel by Izzy but he looked as if he thought it was just a piece of cloth.

"So duckbill ::Cluck:: are you going to use that towel or just wallow in your own wetness for as long as possible?"

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    Kaki kept poking her head around Travis, trying to see if the Growlithe had noticed her yet. But, Travis turned around after feeling her grip on his shirt and her ears fell back again, blushing ever so slightly. "Vul..." Kaki squeaked quietly. Kaki peeked around him once more, spotting the Growlithe again as he looked in her direction.

Kaki took a step closer to Travis, now feeling his arms come around her protectively. His question reached her sensitive ears and she looked up at him. How did he know she was scared? Okay, that was a stupid question. Kaki closed her eyes and tilted her head down slightly. "I... I just saw someone, pix... I don't want him to see me, Vul." Kaki explained quietly, but she knew Travis could hear her with his ears.

Kaki lifted her head, her ears now up again, as she looked over Travis' shoulder carefully. He was looking away, and it settled Kaki down just a bit. "He's... He's a Growlithe, pix." Kaki added, her ears falling back once more.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    OOC:... LR, there's been enough downtime that I don't think that there's anything much to say. You were there when the boat landed, right? Then you didn't miss anything. We're all dismounting in Olivine still.

IC: "Growlithe, eh? I wonder..." muttered Travis. He had smelled a whiff of sulfur a few minutes ago, but he wasn't sure that it had been anything. If a Growlithe was in the area, then it would explain it though. He had always thought Growlithe's gave out the most pungent flame of any Pokemon he had encountered. Still, just a Growlithe wasn't enough to scare Kaki like this. She had more then proved her ability to defend herself when she had been swept into the battle back at Vermillion. What could it possibly be? A former boyfriend, perhaps? If so, Travis could sense a confrontation would be imminent. The minute the guy saw them hugging, it would be fireball versus crush claw. But that wouldn't scare Kaki on its own, would it? Well, there was only one way to find out...

Travis hugged Kaki slightly closer to him, secretly enjoying the rich, fiery smell that was wafting from her body into his nostrils. It wasn't quite as sweet as Ho-oh's feather, but it had more energy, more zing. A quite invigorating scent that almost made Travis lose proportion for a moment. Quietly, he whispered, "Kaki, if you don't mind me asking, why are you afraid of him? It's OK if you don't want to tell me." He paused, and then added as an afterthought, "If you're afraid of him hurting you, you know he's have to get past me, right?"

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    Kaki's nerves were beginning to settle as the Growlithe turned and was walking in another direction. She slowly let out a breath of held air through her nose, breathing easier now. Ricky was the Growlithe's name, and Kaki had a good reason to fear him in such a way. No, Ricky would never hurt her, she knew that much. But, she knew that if Ricky saw the two hugging it wouldn't go past him nicely.

Kaki felt Travis hug her closer to him, blushing ever-so-slightly as he did so. Soon, Travis asked a question that would be hard to explain, and much easier to witness. Still, Kaki sighed quietly and inhaled as he asked her about Ricky harming her. At that Kaki chuckled softly.

"Well," Kaki began, her voice reaching just above a whisper, "His name is Ricky, and I know he won't hurt me. But, if he sees us like this he'll probably accuse you of kidnap. He still thinks I'm in Lavender. You see, Ricky and I went to the same school, and he's always admired me in an extremely creepy way. He'd go out of his way to help me with the simplest of tasks, some even gentlemen wouldn't do.

"Now, I'd normally think these actions are flattering, but, Ricky proclaims his love for me, loudly, whenever he has a chance. He sort of... Stalks me. We've never even dated and he's asked me to be his bride, more than once. If Ricky spots us having any sort of contact what-so-ever, he'd get jealous and challenge you to a battle. I'm not saying that Ricky is strong, but he'll track you down again and battle you until he wins, even if never happens." Kaki explained quietly, finding it easy to talk to Travis about this, even though she hadn't told anyone else except close friends.

Last edited:

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    OOC: OK peeps, listen up. I am now the official ruler of the world and you must obey me! *beaten with a stick* I'm all better now. :P Anyway, Random has informed me that he is currently very busy and unable to do much with the RP. However, he doesn't want it to die and I'm sure all of us feel the same. So we need to move along and post more. Heading for Ecruteak would be a good idea, or perhaps a battle between the love struck Travis and the dashing Ricky.

IC: Ruya hummed as she sauntered around the group, tossing glances at Travis and Kaki from time to time. They really were a cute couple, but she'd never say that without a teasing tone in her voice. Before becoming half Sneasel she might have given them a break and actually voiced her opinion to Kaki, but her personality was changing. The same was true for everyone, though none more so than AJ. He hadn't been very likable before, but now he was a sadistic jerk.

Her red eyes wandered from Travis and Kaki to the various people around the dock. A Meowth, a Growlithe, a Ledybu, a Shuppet, and a Mankey. Apart from the Ledyba, she was the only one turning into a Pokemon that was native to the region they were in. This held absolutely no importance, but it still made her grin. "It just means I'm truly a Johtoen at heart."

Or maybe it means you're just a Sneasel, said a jeering voice in her head. She frowned but ignored the thought. It was obvious that she was a Sneasel, but what did that matter?

Ruya shrugged it off and decided the time was right to get moving. Tom was out of the water and everyone else had gotten off the ferry. Ecruteak was still a ways away but it wouldn't take them too long to reach it. If they could find a way to travel besides by foot they'd be there in a matter of days. That was definitely something to aim for.

"Hate to break up such a sweet scene," she said cheerfully as she approached the Vulpix and Zangoose morphs, "but I think it's time to move along. Olivine is very nice, but I hear Ecruteak's air is healthier."

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    AJ let out a small breath, a small indication of the fact he was still fine. Still in control. His eyes glowed, a crimson red. Actully glowed, flashed and then just turned crimson.

He gave a small chuckle and cracked his knuckles slowly, he dared a glance at the others in the group. They didn't give off the feeling of anything, atleast nothing bad. They would be easy prey, enough said.

Except the one girl known commonly as Ruya, miss Sneasal. She gave off the feeling of suspicion. Maybe it was just a flash of paranoia though, but AJ didn't like to take these kind of chances.

She would be the first to be strucken down when the time came, and then the others would soon follow.

AJ gave himself a slight smile, a personal secret smile. A smile that let himself know that the pleasures of what he was after... Would be his. The fruit, as some might say.

AJ heard Ruya's meaningless ramblings, he gave her a small frown but kept from it. " Yes, shouldn't we." He calmly mumbled.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Cain walked over to Ruya who was parting Travis and Kaki. Then he said something about going to Eqruteak.

"I agree. If we stay around here we might get robbed and lynched. So lets go to Eqruteak already. I want to get rid of these wings."

Cain hoped that they would get to Eqruteak already. He was starting to hate the water and wanted to get away from it as fast as possible.

"So lets get some transport and get over to Eqruteak. Is there a bus or something that goes that way?"

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
    Years
    (( Dashing Ricky. Ha. That's a good one. ))

Kaki sighed quietly at Ruya's approach, knowing that the moment she and Travis were sharing was now offically interupted. Well, it wasn't even a moment... Was it? Either way, Kaki stepped back from Travis, away from his arms and protection, which Kaki did with obvious reluctance.

Kaki chuckled lightly at Ruya's comment, but the small smile produced with it instantly disappeared with the arrival of AJ. Kaki didn't like him anymore. When she first met him, the kid was hurt and she offered help. Now, Kaki got a bad feeling about him. He was confident, like he could beat anyone. But, whatever it came down to, the guy wasn't unbeatable.

What bugged Kaki further was a mister Cain, who approached and made his comment. They needed transport? That's the last thing they needed. The last time they all got transport, the captain got lost.

"Well, Cain, there's something that's attached to your body that qualifies as 'transport'. They're called legs, and they were attached to your body for a reason. That reason? Transport. Moving from point A to point B. The last time we got transport from something other than our legs, we got lost. I'd rather walk. Perhaps burn off some of that junk food." Kaki suggested with a shrug.

Last edited:

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
    Years
    "Ack! Wait up people!" I ran out of te ship and carried Shi , who was now sleeping and had her hair turning green and into a leaf and was as small as I was , on my flameless (for now) back. "We should hurry and head to Ekruteak. Me and Shi are growing smaller by the hour and we might get stepped on if we shrink any smaller!" I huffed and puffed as I grew tired with Shi on my back. I started to look at the others and Cain , who I just met while on the ship and saw his wings. "You should hurry too , I don't think I would want to be seen with wings in this city. The crime rate's gone up dramatically this year. They'd probably cut your wings off or kidnap you and sell you or your wings for ransom!"

I started to grow tired and angrier but I tried to cool down , or else Shi would be burned into ashes by my flame. ~Cool down...Cool down....You're the cool guy so try to be calm!~ I thought.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back