• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Pignition --> Emboar --> Blazorback. Hells to the yeah.

loving them names but i think i would switch the emboar and pignition imo pignition is a bit too "cool" for the first evo i mean they usually have fairly tame names

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    oh noes no one read my post a few days ago ;_;
    ok so basically
    the trailer showed how we get the pokemon (or how it looks like we get them)
    if you watch the trailer, you see that it looks like we get our starter as a Present
    you open the present and pick the starter.... like a..... magic pokepresent

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    oh noes no one read my post a few days ago ;_;
    ok so basically
    the trailer showed how we get the pokemon (or how it looks like we get them)
    if you watch the trailer, you see that it looks like we get our starter as a Present
    you open the present and pick the starter.... like a..... magic pokepresent

It looks like we will be getting the pokemon as a gift.

2umbreon212

Teen Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    To me, I can't choose right now of a starter since to me there is a lot more to choosing a starter than just what is listed

I will use Sinnoh starters for examples

People choose turtwig since torrterra is an awesome grass/ground type

People choose chimchar due to infernape being fire/fighting and if this is not your starter, you would have to get a ponyta

People choose piplup due to empoleon being water/steel

Then again, some people close thier starter based on cuteness

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    Well based off of the Japanese name origins for Mijumaru (Immature + Ball) I have come up with these names...

Totter (Toddler + Otter)
    V
    Otteen (Otter + Teen)
    V
    Ottult (Otter + Adult)

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I plan to trade the 3 over. But the main Pokemon will be Mijumaru. Why? For the first time I find myself a Cute, adorable, and Simple but great design. I'll take good care of him with Love and Care, To make him stronger.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    i reckon ill pick tsutaaja. him and mijumaru were about even but now since mijumaru may be part fighting its tsutaaja all the way i reckon. plus you just know mijumaru will be the slowest thing ever!!

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Tsutaaja is totally wicked. I'm choosing that one. It looks so cunning and sneaky. I like it.

That otter looks so stupid. I will probably never raise one.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Tsutaaja is totally wicked. I'm choosing that one. It looks so cunning and sneaky. I like it.

That otter looks so stupid. I will probably never raise one.

thats exactly why i intend to choose tsutaaja..

i thought that bout the otter too but ive grown to like him now for some reason but im guessing tsutaaja will be the best fighter of the three for some reason

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    For my part I will like her:
    Tsutaaja > Mijimaru > Pokabu

thats the same order i have them in! tsutaajas brilliant and mijumarus great too but i prefer tsutaaja and im fairly indifferent to pokabu

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Shamelessly stolen from Serebii forums :P Credit goes to Delthero of Deviant art.
    For the confused minds, this is a fan art and an awesome one at that. As you can see, the grass starter already grew on me.

Edit: The artist goes by the name of StarryLatiasGirl right here on this forum and on Deviant Art. Great job LatiasGirl :D

The Starter Discussion Thread

THAT

IS

EPIC

WIN

Tsutaja is epic win most likely I'll start with him other wise Pokabu cause I always looooove the fire starter and he is no exception
    I probally won't start with Mijumaru actually I hate it cause it is just a S--- ripoff of Piplup and I loved Piplup he was my fave starter last gen but when seeing it on PS it looked adorable so I guess I don't hate him that much

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    Tsutaaja.

Hmmm, a grass type reptile Pokemon. Sounds familiar......
    Spoiler:

WUT? :surprised: Tropius is a dinosaur, not a reptile...

Anyways. I think Pokabu is gonna be BEAST. So I might choose him. Tsutaaja, though, is really cool and has very much potential. OTTERS ARE MY FAVORITE ANIMAL. But there's something about Mijamaru that makes me, idk, not want to pick him /:

So, i'm really bent on what to choose.

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    I really cant choose between Tsutaaja and Pokabu, They both look great. I atleast could eliminate the dumb otter though.

Burning Glacier

Chill Out... Fire...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    I am picking pokabu, not just because I like fire types, but it looks like a pig that can make bacon.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Tsutaaja.

Hmmm, a grass type reptile Pokemon. Sounds familiar......
    Spoiler:

Sceptile is a grass type reptile. Reptile is even in his name!

WUT? :surprised: Tropius is a dinosaur, not a reptile...

Anyways. I think Pokabu is gonna be BEAST. So I might choose him. Tsutaaja, though, is really cool and has very much potential. OTTERS ARE MY FAVORITE ANIMAL. But there's something about Mijamaru that makes me, idk, not want to pick him /:

So, i'm really bent on what to choose.

Dinosaurs are reptiles.

So far because of the leaked evolutions I will be going with Mijumaru. If Pokabu evolves into something better I might use him.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back