• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    too late for this (even though thread is 21 pages of the same thing), what if the starters were not grass/fire/water this time?

like how about dark/fighting/psychic, theyre a trio to each other, one beats the other, one is not very effective to the other.

They wouldn't do that because psychic cannot even effect dark. Perhapse, Dark/Fighting/Ghost? Either way I would start with Dark for sure.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    oh yeah..but why would you try to use grass move on a fire type anyways, when you can a secondary type move? (torterra+earthquake=dead fire type)

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    They wouldn't do that because psychic cannot even effect dark. Perhapse, Dark/Fighting/Ghost? Either way I would start with Dark for sure.

well some people, including myself think tsutajaa will evolve into a grass/dark and mijumaru will evolve to water/fight so pokabu might evolve into fire/psychic and there (sort of) would be a dark/fight/psychic trio

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    well some people, including myself think tsutajaa will evolve into a grass/dark and mijumaru will evolve to water/fight so pokabu might evolve into fire/psychic and there (sort of) would be a dark/fight/psychic trio

That would mean Tsutaja would be overpowered when it comes to starters because Psychic can't even effect Dark. Dark/Fight/Ghost is a trio. Not Dark/Fight/Psychic.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Let's not forget people will say it's a Spoink rip-off, too if it was psychic :(

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    That would mean Tsutaja would be overpowered when it comes to starters because Psychic can't even effect Dark. Dark/Fight/Ghost is a trio. Not Dark/Fight/Psychic.

dark/ghost/fight is no better

nothing would be super effective to fighting, and then like you said about psy not affecting dark, fight cant affect ghost type.

dark/psy/fight is better, at least one is super effective to one other.

Last edited:

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

maybe but i still bet thats the way the starters turn out

Let's not forget people will say it's a Spoink rip-off, too if it was psychic :(

thats very true but its what i think may happen

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    dark/ghost/fight is no better

nothing would be super effective to fighting, and then like you said about psy not affecting dark, fight cant affect ghost type.

dark/psy/fight is better, at least one is super effective to one other.

I would rather one be neutral than not effective at all. Psychic cannot hit Dark, Ghost is x1 against Fighting (My bad on that, I always thought Ghost was good against Fight).

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • That would mean Tsutaja would be overpowered when it comes to starters because Psychic can't even effect Dark. Dark/Fight/Ghost is a trio. Not Dark/Fight/Psychic.

Yeah, Dark/Psychic/Fighting isn't a trio, but atleast it's close to a trio. Dark/Ghost/Fighting doesn't even come close to be a trio, Ghost doesn't hit Fighting super-effectively ugh.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Yeah, Dark/Psychic/Fighting isn't a trio, but atleast it's close to a trio. Dark/Ghost/Fighting doesn't even come close to be a trio, Ghost doesn't hit Fighting super-effectively ugh.

exactly psychic/dark/fight is as close as youre gonna get outside of fight/flying/ice

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010

I see what you are saying.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    ^And Rock/Flying/fighting.

And Rock/Flying/Grass... And Dragon/Dragon/Dragon :D

There are a few more I think. Rock/Ice/Ground? Admittedly this one isn't perfect as it's not completely 0.5x effective in reverse, as Ground does normal damage against Ice and Ice does normal damage against Rock.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Let's not forget the primary types of the starters. Rock/Ground wouldn't work for two, considering Tsutaaja is grass so...

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    pokabu.
    i could see the final evo being an awesome firebreathing warthog.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • My hopes of the starters types.

Tsutaaja: Grass/poison, Grass
    Pokabu: Fire/Dark, Fire/Ground
    Mijumaru: Water/Fighting, Water

Bay

Years
  • My hopes of the starters types.

Tsutaaja: Grass/poison, Grass
    Pokabu: Fire/Dark, Fire/Ground
    Mijumaru: Water/Fighting, Water
    You mean what types you want Tsutaaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru to be, or their evolutions? If you meant the starters and not their evolutions, then it's already confirmed Tsutaaja is Grass, Pokabu is Fire, and Mijumaru is Water.

If you meant their evolutions, not so sure if the types will end up like that. Usually if a second stage Pokemon has a dual type, the third stage won't go back to just one type. Also, a three stage Pokemon with two types tend to have a type changed only once. For instance, Pokabu. It's evolutions will either go Fire/Dark or Fire/Ground because Pokabu is only a Fire type. Or, its second stage could still be Fire and third stage will be either Fire/Dark or Fire/Ground.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back