• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
  • you know im just going to get diamond version and trade over all 3 starters and then trade them back or can i not??

Um... I think you mean Black/White cause it's IMPOSSIBLE to trade over Gen V Pokemon to a Gen IV game.. Actually Its impossible to trade ANY Pokemon from a Gen V Game to Gen IV

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I like all the starters (and their names) I like Oshawott and Snivy's lines the best :) Tepig is good too though, but it's my third choice (Snivy's first, Oshawott is second)

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I liked Mijumaru/Oshawott (I prefer Mijumaru) from the start. I thought he was a pretty decent Pokemon at first, and when I watched the anime, my liking to him increased more. Snivy is pretty good too, I've just recently started liking it. Tepig is........ okay, I guess.....

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Snivy for me. I love the grass starters. My sig is a giveaway :pink_wink:

Years
  • I like Snivy's DW ability out of the other starters DWA's. I also like it that Snivy's final form is fast, and has better defenses than Sceptile and Tepigs final form.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I don't particularly like any of the starters. I thought when we had gotten to the 3rd generation they didn't look like pokemon, but these ones put them to shame in that respect. I usually go with the fire type but this pig seems a bit ridiculous, and the otter equally as well. Not that Snivy isn't weird but I think he's the least weird anyways. I might even end up ditching him if I can find anything remotely resemblant of a pokemon early on.

Years
  • Again what are Pokemon supposed to look like? These Pokemon are just the creators new style which they began using in gen 3, every artist changes his style over time...
    I think Tepig's evolution needs more love, poor thing it's become the new Oshawott...

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Again what are Pokemon supposed to look like? These Pokemon are just the creators new style which they began using in gen 3, every artist changes his style over time...
    I think Tepig's evolution needs more love, poor thing it's become the new Oshawott...
    Tepig's evolution will never, ever be as bad as Oshawott.

My take on the English names: They're poor, in my opinion. Very uncreative and boring. I mean, Tepig? Sounds like one of the Game Freak employees got drunk and tried to name it 'The Pig' and slurred his words. And even Smugleaf was better than Snivy.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I am most likey gonna start with Snivy.
    He's awesome and I love his final evolution.
    Tepig though, I also love I MIGHT start with him.
    At first I HATED his final evolution. Most because it was ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter but I got over it and now I love it and it is the most powerful Unova starter so that's also a plus.
    Oshawott I probally won't start with.

Years
  • In white i play with Tsutaaja, in Black with Mijumaru, those two are my favorites. I really don't like pokabu line....Emboahr is just uggly in my point of view....besides.....3rd Fire/Fighting in a row?

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Shamelessly stolen from Serebii forums :P Credit goes to Delthero of Deviant art.

For the confused minds, this is a fan art and an awesome one at that. As you can see, the grass starter already grew on me.

Edit: The artist goes by the name of StarryLatiasGirl right here on this forum and on Deviant Art. Great job LatiasGirl :D

28512142793354893415506.jpg

Ill Pick Tsutaaja for sure due to this epic fan art.That is one hell of a pokemon.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I dislike all of them.
    They just went overboard and they don't look like pokemon.

What are Pokemon supposed to look like? :|

Ill Pick Tsutaaja for sure due to this epic fan art.That is one hell of a pokemon.

You do know Snivy doesn't actually turn out like that right? :|

I've changed my mind again D; I'ma go for Snivy since it's the best <33

Years
  • I think Mijumaru is the best choice for all
    in unova there are manny bug pokemon
    quite much ghosts too
    but there are no WATER pokemons you could use Tsutaja with the water monkey
    and in my oppinion the monkeys are not really pokemons that will be good in a team:s
    But hey! thats only my oppinion

I like Pokabu the most so i picked the water fossil
    you can also choose Tsutaja with the water fossil
    but you got the water monkey alrdy so why you'll pick the water fossil

whats best i think
    Mijumaru -Cuz its one of the only strong water pokemon allong with water monkey and water fossil
    Pokabu - His last/mid Evolution has 2 types (Fire/Fight) that can make good diffrences
    Tsutaja - The monkey water monkey is the weakest water pokemon of the top 3 water pokemons of Unova you could get the Water Fossil but its kinda waste since you alrdy have a water pokemon :S

My favorite
    Pokabu -I love water starters but what i love more is Dual-Type starters :S
    Mijumaru - I love Mijumaru but pokabu is just a Dual-Typers if he was'nt he could STFU!
    Tsutaja - Tsutaja is the coolest in first and second stage but is soooo ugly in final stage and thats what u get finaly.....

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • I really like all three of the starters, but I think I'm going to pick Oshawott. Not sure yet though.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    The starters are alright. I like Snivy, but I also hate it's move set. Oshawott is water type, and I want a different water Pokemon on my team. So I'm gonna have to go with Tepig

mochilicious

the first little piggy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    Definitely starting with Tepig since I always pick the fire starter, and I think it's adorable. Final evolution is kinda...intense, but I like it too, although I wish it could've been something other than fire/fighting. I actually really like all the final evolutions of the starters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back