• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • it kind of suprises me that the grass starter is the one most popular i thought for sure pokabu because of the fire and the look.... i picked water btw

i havent seen them do u have the link?

This pic:
    The Starter Discussion Thread

On the Dutch forums they say it a fake so, I don't really know.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You guys really shouldn't care if it's going to be a Fire/Fighting type or not.

I'm willing to bet any amount of money that it won't be a fire/fighting type, purely because I think Mijumaru's evolution line will take on fighting in my opinion, for one, and secondly, Pokabu doesn't look like a fighter. Torchic didn't, but that was seen with Combusken, with Pokabu... I really am getting a Cyndaquil type feel sooo I think it'll turn out like that, or another typing.

Mijumaru...we'll see, but I'm thinking Ice?
    Mijumaru looks like it'll definitely become an ice type. Personally, I think it looks like a sole ice type already though. However, going by appearances since that's pretty much all we have right now, it's still an option for me.

But... Mijumaru's evolution...looks like fighting. D:

really i heard it was going to be electric rock and something else hmm idk rumors?

No starter or evolution this generation will be electric/rock. There's a water/fire/grass theme, which eliminates that (though I really don't know what your post is directed at).

This pic:
    *insert picture*

I think Tsutaaja's evolution will follow that line but...idk about the other two, Pokabu's, maybe, but for Tsutaaja I guess I'm just hoping for half dragon.

Legendmaster#1

Tamer of Legends
    Years
  • When i got crystal at age 5: Cyndaquil
    In Fire red and Leaf Green: Charmander
    In Emerald: Torchic
    In Diamond: Chimchar
    When i get SoulSilver: Another cyndaquil
    If i get white: Duh! Pokabu
    i dont think i like fire-types at all ;D

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Grass types never do very well against gyms, so Ill probably choose fire. They have a type advantage more frequently. That and the water looks stupid and its evolutions cant look any cooler than it does

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    the grass looks awesome, bu i need to know movesets before actual disision

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I think out of all grass type starters and region gyms. Torterra was the best as it had the advantage over half the gym leaders. Hopefully Tsutaaja cah at least be able to beat 3 of them easily.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    This pic:

I like all of these, but I'm 95% sure they're fake as you say. We've already seen the middle evolutions of Tsutaja and Mijumaru, and they suggest that Tsutaja's evolutions go down a completely different design path than that.

I really like the Pokabu evolution though. I hope he turns out similar.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    This pic:

I'll love GameFreak forever and forgive them for making Munna and Musharna if they actually make Smugleaf evolve into a badass dragon like that.

I'm willing to bet any amount of money that it won't be a fire/fighting type, purely because I think Mijumaru's evolution line will take on fighting in my opinion, for one, and secondly, Pokabu doesn't look like a fighter. Torchic didn't, but that was seen with Combusken, with Pokabu... I really am getting a Cyndaquil type feel sooo I think it'll turn out like that, or another typing.

I never said it was likely, I don't think it'll be fire/fighting either, I'm just saying in the unlikely chance that it is, the people should stop complaining.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    haha if those were real, my opinion on wotter would change 100%, it looks badass

and baken, it looks ok.

and for smugleaf, don't like it. wish it would be standing on 2 feet. grass snake is misleading bull..i mean is totodile actually a "big jaw"? therefore its fake

EDIT: BUT these just suck
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I never said it was likely, I don't think it'll be fire/fighting either, I'm just saying in the unlikely chance that it is, the people should stop complaining.

I realise, I wasn't sure what post to quote and yours was first so you got it. XD
    wonder when we will get the evolutions of the starters (third form of Tsu and Maji, and the 2nd and 3rd of Pokabu)...

I'm thinking in the master document, but then again, we might just have to wait until the actual release date. D: Probs get silhouettes on Pokemon Sunday one week then the next all revealed or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back