• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigon

R a w r
Years
  • I like them all, but in White I'm gonna grab Snivy for my first playthrough. Then eventually once I get Black, I'll grab Oshawott. :>

As for Tepig, ehh I dunno. I'll get one eventually, or trade + breed my own.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Snivy and Tepig are both so awesome I'm torn between which one I should use on my first walkthrough. I'll probably go with Tepig to continue on with always starting with a fire starter my first walkthough and Tepig has a better move set anyways (fire type that can learn a water attack thats awesome)

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    ANOTHER fire fighting starter. Disappointing. I suppose I'll go with oshawott, he has a decent moveset. Same can not be said for snivy sadly as he looks the best in his final evo.

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Hmmm...likely Mijumaru or Pokabu for me. I skipped R/S/E and D/P/P so I never trained a fire/fighting starter, but...errgh, Enbuoh's defense is shot. Charizard and Typhlosion had better defense/sp.def stats than he does...

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
    Years
  • i'm picking mijumaru because it has the least amount of types that can do 2x damage and has the stats that I am more comfortable with when picking my team. of course i like pokabu and tsutaaja, but it seems like oshawott has the better type and stats for me.

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
  • I'm choosing Snivy, it was the first Pokemon that appealed to me when I first saw it. Even though Snivy doesn't have the best stats as a starter, it's evos suit it well. My second choice would be Oshawott. I wasn't quite appealed to this one, but it kinda grew on me. I like it's 2nd evo just fine, but have no idea where the 3rd evo came from, it just doesn't suit the Pokemon.

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
  • Gah, I love all three starter's first evo. They're so cute! >3<

But in terms of final evolutions, I would say Jalorda is the best looking one, the other two are very ... werid. :p

So I'm going to choose Snivy, unless I stop Tepig or Oshawott from evolving. ;)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I'm going with Tepig in my English White. I already used Oshawott in my Japan Black. And I hate Snivy with it's God awful moveset.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
  • I must be contrarian or something. I've always chosen the grass-type starter before, and I want to do something different: I still think I'm going to go with Tepig (Pokabu). I can't resist the chance to come up with a witty bacon-themed name for it.

It's really tough though...Snivy and it's evolved forms definitely look the coolest (and the original makes me laugh).

Tepig people out there, speak up!

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • I took a look at Snivy, Janovy, and Jalorda's stats and they aren't the best offensively but whenever I play a new generation of Pokemon I always catch the ones that look the coolest and then once I learn which ones are strong I go after them if or when I start over. This time I'll definitely be picking Snivy.

infernaperoxx

sinnoh champ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    I for one despise the fire type starter. The fire-type starters have been able to stand on two legs....except for now. The grass type starter reminds me of Flygon/Sceptile so that's a plus. I like the idea of a sea otter pokemon and I'm glad he's a starter.

I hope the final evolutions are wicked.
    the final evolutions ARE wicked.

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    All three of the new starters look pretty terrible if you ask me. I guess I'll go for Oshawatt seeing as his third evolution looks the best of the three.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I will probably just end up waiting until I have the game to make the choice of which starter I will want.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Well let's see. I fell in love with Tsutaja(Snivy in Eng.) as soon ad I saw him. Then I saw his Final Evolution and was like "OMG this is the one for me". Then I realized that everything bar Ruby I started with the Water starter. I will probably choose Oshawott, in White, one day spastically buy Black and start with Snivy. Overall I love both of their designs. I love Tepig's designs but it's Evolution Chain just screaams "HEY LOOK GAMEFREAK GOT LAZY AND MADE A FAT CHIMCHAR EVOLUTION CHAIN". I doubt I will ever choose Tepig. I will probably RNG for one once it comes out and I find where to learn RNG in BW.

Thanks for hearing me out, I think I will start to inhabit the BW forum, because Trade Corner is lagging a bit due to everyone wasting time 'til Black and White comes out.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I'm taking the water type to balance my future team. I love them all now that i know about Dream World Snivy having Pervert.

I don't realy understand how Dream World works, but what ever. I don't even have the game yet.

Sigilyph

local psychopath
    Years
  • I'm going to be choosing Snivy on this one (: I'll probably end up getting an Oshawott on my team by the time I beat the 8th Gym too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back