• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The strongest Dragon Pokemon

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Like everyone said, Rayquaza and Garchomp are probably the most powerful... But something like Flygon can do some damage to unprepared teams..

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    It used to be that Dragonite could fly around the world in six hours, but when D/P came out its speed suddenly fell because Garchomp was the newbie dragon. They always do that, because the newbie has to be the strongest. That's just the way it is so it fits that region. Now, Dragonite will always be my favorite, but I do think Salamence outclasses it in bulk. I feel bad for Flygon, as he is is also one of my favorites, but it has many weaknesses.

Garchomp... I'm sorry. But its a shark through and through. The second cousin or something of Sharpedo and was only given the title of dragon because it was supposed to be the next best thing for Sinnoh.

Legendary wise -Rayquaza hands down. Latia and Latios are sweet and are more of the peaceful type pokemon, but in games they are exceptionally strong. I think I am mixing game stats with a bit of personal/pokemon religious belief's and getting them intermixed. Ah well. But with Giratina, its just a freakin' cetipede that should have just been a dark/ghost. Personally, I believe it was given title of dragon because it had wings and they were bored. Though perhaps I am being a bit too hard, especially since I was disappointed in Sinnoh. The increase in 'legendaries' is ridiculous. Should Heatran even be considered one?

Sorry, off topic. But back to topic... yea, go Dragonite...

Empire

Lurking since 2008
    Years
    Well Rayquaza is the strongest Dragon Pokemon if you count ledgendary's otherwise It would be Garchomp > Salamence > Dragonite > All others.

Years
    I agree with most. But wait although Garchomp is faster, doesn't nessary mean he can wipe you clean. See I figureout ways of taking them down no matter how new they are. Also you got to remember Dragonite has a strong defense and special defense. And also Garchomp got the lowest attack. So I think if you give Dragonite some Zinc and Iron it'll survive a hit. Also Garchomp look like a shark. Sorry for going off topic. Plus Dragonite got higher sp.atk then Garchomp. Plus Garchomps Ground attcks don't do anything to Dragonite. And Kingdra being the best non-legendary Dragon. Well it is a strong Pokemon through and through. But none of its base stats are even in the hundreds. Now I do agree with you on some of it, becuase it is stronger than a Flygon. Also I had a Flygon when I had Emarald last year. Yeah it was my powerhouse Pokemon. But he's only the best chioce when you have Emarald. But it doesn't really matter bout stats as long as you train your Pokemon well. O and what is DD?

Years
    In terms of Battling, Chomp pwns them all, but I prefer Flygon- I just think it looks cooler than all of em, and its great for me in battles!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree with most. But wait although Garchomp is faster, doesn't nessary mean he can wipe you clean. See I figureout ways of taking them down no matter how new they are. Also you got to remember Dragonite has a strong defense and special defense. And also Garchomp got the lowest attack. So I think if you give Dragonite some Zinc and Iron it'll survive a hit. Also Garchomp look like a shark. Sorry for going off topic. Plus Dragonite got higher sp.atk then Garchomp. Plus Garchomps Ground attcks don't do anything to Dragonite. And Kingdra being the best non-legendary Dragon. Well it is a strong Pokemon through and through. But none of its base stats are even in the hundreds. Now I do agree with you on some of it, becuase it is stronger than a Flygon. Also I had a Flygon when I had Emarald last year. Yeah it was my powerhouse Pokemon. But he's only the best chioce when you have Emarald. But it doesn't really matter bout stats as long as you train your Pokemon well. O and what is DD?
    Yes, but I calculated the damage, if Garchomp is w/ or w/out CB, he will still OHKO with Dragon Claw, Outrage, or Draco Meteor. Even if the Dragonite has max Def or SpD, it will still OHKO. Here is the calculations:
    Damage: 92.23% - 108.29%
    That is with max HP, Def, SpD, and Garchomp is using Outrage w/ Choice Scarf.
    Also, DD is Dragon Dance.

Years
    Wow Garchomp is that strong. I underestimated him. Thanks for tell ing me bout Drago Dance. But y does everyone like Flygon. now I might be the only one saying this but he look like a bug Pokemon is=nstead of Dragon type. Sry 4 goin off topic.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Rayquaza offensively. It's really a monster, with 150 Base Attack and Special Attack. Giratina is the strongest defensively though.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Uber would probably be rayquaza and non uber probaby salamance. It depends on who uses it no the poke, the EVs the person trains in and moveset. There could be an idiot who gave 99 rare candies to salamence and a bad moveset. Dragnite is more bulky then salamence but salamence's movepool is better. (i think im not too good at pokemon)

Armaina

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    Salamence is not that weak.
    well actually.. it kind is. Both Salamences Defense and Special defense is 80, that's as low as Flygon's, a Kingdra has a higher defense/special defense of 95.

A dragonite is better than a Salamence due to it's higher defense and HP, it's attack is only 1 point below a salamence and a salamence has slightly higher special attack. But believe me, it's that low defense where it's going to hurt the most.

Back