• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Superstar Pokémon Challenge! [Gens 4, 5 & 6]

Years
  • The Superstar Pokémon Challenge!

Do you have what it takes to raise a Pokémon to be a superstar?!​

In this challenge the goal is to breed a Pokémon of your choice in DPPt and raise it to win the Super Contest, then transfer it on to steal the show in the Musical in BW/BW2, become a celluloid star with Pokéstar Studios in BW2 and finally, blow away the competition in the Contest Spectacular in ORAS!

Rules & Requirements:
    • The Pokémon you use must be bred in DPPt. Please bear in mind that only Pokémon who can hold props have a chance of winning the Musical.
    • You must nickname your Pokémon.
    • No hacks.
    • Post photos as proof.
    • Super Contest requirements: Achieve Master Rank in at least two categories and at least Ultra Rank in the rest.
    • Musical requirements: Win at least the four default shows.
    • Pokéstar Studios requirements: Create a Strange Ending to at least the first Brycen-Man film, each film in one Series of your choice and any other films of your choice to make eight in total. For films that require more than one Pokémon the other Pokémon you use must be Lv. 5 or lower.
    • Contest Spectacular requirements: Achieve Master Rank in all five categories.

Sign-up Form:
    Example:
    Username:
    In-game name(s):
    Pokémon:

Challengers:

Spoonacross with Lightning the Pikachu

Drackos_Flare with Bash the Wartortle

SonicZ16 with Renma the Sandshrew

PokéWalk of Fame:

Spoonacross and Honey the Heracross

Drackos_Flare and Spark the Nidoking

SonicZ16 and Rex the Charmeleon

Last edited:
    Reactions: Tek
    Years
  • Username: Spoonacross
    In-game name(s): Spoony
    Pokémon: Heracross (Honey)

Introducing the next big star, Honey the Heracross!

Though she should really be called Honey II as I started over because I messed up the Poffin feeding! I can't make good enough ones myself so am sticking to shop bought!

So far I have maxed out her Cool and Cute stats with the rest raised a bit and three Sheen stars left. I'm going to try and complete the Cool and Cute Contests before I decide how to distribute the remaining stats.

Honey currently has two Ribbons, for the Normal and Great Ranks in Cool!

We have to practice dancing a lot if we're going to go any further! :)

Years
  • This seems awesome! I never did contests before, This will be fun! Doing a bit of research I should be fine.

Username: Drackos_Flare
    In-game name(s): Austie
    Pokémon: Nidoking (Spark)

Without further adieu, Introducing... Spark the Nidoking! This big guy is sure to Spark some interest from the judges! (I... I'm not very good at this am I?)

I haven't fed him any Poffins yet, but I plan to max the Cool and Tough stats. Looking at my Moves, I should do the Cool contests first.

Last edited:

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
    Years
  • Username: SonicZ16
    In-game name(s): Tywie
    Pokémon: Charmeleon (Rex)

Next up, we have Rex the Charmeleon! This is one that can get it done! Burning with passion, returning triumphant from the heated struggles to come!

Beauty and Toughness will be the ones I'll try to max, but I'm still unsure which contest to do first. I just threw on the Blue Scarf because I wanted it to look nice for the Picture. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys, glad you like the idea!

Spark and Rex are looking good!

Frustratingly I've got little progress to report! I've been collecting accessories and growing berries and Honey has max Sheen but have only won the Ultra rank, repeatedly coming in 2nd in the Master rank. If I could just complete one or two more dance moves well...

For a bit of fun we took some time out and my little starlet dressed up for a photo shoot!

Years
  • Yes! I got the Cool Master Ribbon! It took 7 tries! And up to the Ultra Tough Ribbon. I haven't tried Master Though, but if its anything like Cool, I'm gonna need a Strategy, Moves, and the will to do this 20 times. (And a bit of Luck)

I have 2 Sheen stars left. I don't know what I'll spend them on...

Years
  • Yes! I got the Cool Master Ribbon! It took 7 tries! And up to the Ultra Tough Ribbon. I haven't tried Master Though, but if its anything like Cool, I'm gonna need a Strategy, Moves, and the will to do this 20 times. (And a bit of Luck)

I have 2 Sheen stars left. I don't know what I'll spend them on...

Wow! Congratulations to you and Spark! ^^ And best of luck with Master Tough!

Johanna and Jumpy are now officially mine and Honey's nemeses!

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
    Years
  • Got up to Ultra in Beauty, and Great in Cool, Cute, and Smart.

Getting all of these ribbons was a breeze for us. (Even without the Scarves, which I forgot to put on :3c) But Master Rank is brutal... We were shriveled up and tossed aside again and again... But you know what they say, fall down seven times, stand up eight.

We'll see who wins this time, Ashlyn and Murky. >_>

Years
  • Phew... Me and Spark pulled though. Master Cool and Tough, Great Beauty, Cute and Smart.

Spoiler:

We're among the biggest Stars in Sinnoh now, So let's get the next region to love us! Next stop, Johto!

Later. You see, I'm completing the Nat. Dex alongside this, and I need to transfer the Kanto Dex into my Soul Silver before I move on in this. Don't worry, It will take a day, two tops.

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
    Years
  • After about 4 hours of doing nothing but trying (and failing) to win Master Beauty and Tough...

The ribbons are finally ours! (you can probably guess what those last hidden 2 are ;))

Here's what Rex's stats ended up looking like at the time; currently, I have his Sheen maxed and the stats looking more balanced.

Had to fiddle with some camera settings to make the graph more visible. It makes the room look like the dead of night, even though it was 4:30 PM.

But anyway, I'm afraid the Super Contests can no longer contain the awesomeness that is Rex and I. We'll be moving on to the Pokéathlon soon, but I'm sadly a little bit too busy IRL, so it won't be right away. But I'll get to it as soon as I can! Can't keep the fans waiting, after all!

Years
  • Super congrats to both of you and Spark and Rex! ^^
    Me and Honey can join in the celebrations too as we've achieved Master in Cool and Beauty and Ultra in the rest. Will post pics later and I think I'll try for a bit longer to get more Master Ribbons! I'm a sucker for punishment!

I'm glad you haven't continued yet as I've decided to amend the challenge... I've decided to remove the Pokéathlon element as it doesn't really fit the theme and also relies on using other Pokémon. Of course you can still do it if you wish, it just won't be necessary to complete the challenge. I've also upgraded the ranks in the Super Contest to be Master in at least two and at least Ultra in the rest. As you've already completed that part though it won't apply to you. I might add to the Pokéstar Studios element if I can too, just need to play it again to remind myself what's what! Sorry to change things up, hope it won't put you off!

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
    Years
  • Well, if Ultra is now required, of course we're gonna go do it! Ultra is easy anyway

20 minutes later...

Done and done.

Also, might I say that Rex and I heartily salute both yours and Honey's efforts to attempt to win more Master Rank Contests than necessary.
    May you cross safely in one piece. {D:}

Last edited:
    Years
  • It appears Me and Spark's flight to Johto just got canceled. Guess we'll just re-route our trip to Unova instead. What will I do in the meantime? Ultra Rank Super Contests!

Aaaaaand done. Here's Proof. (I tend to follow that "Pics or it didn't happen" rule.)
    Spoiler:

Status

Spark
    Lv. 16

Blizzard (Beauty)

Peck (Cool)

Focus Energy (Cool)

Taunt (Smart)

(So I put some effort into making my post look pretty, Don't know if it was worth it.)
    About the Pokéathlons removal, I understand. I was wondering if I should do it with 2 Useless Rattata, or breeze though it with the team I beat the game with. So i'm fine with it's removal. A Pokéstar Studios change would be a welcome one as I currently have no Idea that these "Strange Endings" even was a thing, or how to get one. I'm sure it can easily be looked up though.

Years
  • So, got Master in Cute too! Very close second for Smart and Tough then impatience got the better of me and we set sail for Unova!

Spoiler:

A celebratory photoshoot!

Spoiler:

Thank you Sinnoh, you've been great! Next stop Unova!

Honey outshone all the competition in the Musical!

Spoiler:

How nice of you to say so!

Spoiler:

Time we captured her star appeal on film!

Years
  • Finished the musical!
    Spoiler:

So I looked up these "Strange Endings" and I think it is way to easy to only need one to move on. So (unless the rules change as you said before,) I'll be doing all three of the "Red Fog of Terror" Movies. They have a special in my heart, so It only seems right. Part 3 has me fight Lv. 40-50 Pokemon, So I might need to grind a bit.

Years
  • Teehee Spark looks awesome all dressed up! :)

And it's funny (and good) you should say that as I've just edited the OP to create a Strange Ending to each film in at least one Series of your choice!

I need to level up Honey some more too. I've taught her False Swipe so she can not KO an opponent if necessary and did some Battle Subway so I could buy Protect to help her not get KO'd and also given her Leftovers to hold.

Edit: Forgot to say, only your chosen Pokemon can participate. For films that require more than one Pokémon the other Pokémon you use must be Lv. 5 or lower.

Edit 2: I was thinking it would be cool to have it as create a Strange Ending to at least the first three Brycen-Man films as well as each film in a series of your choice. The thing that's cool about the Brycen-Man films is that it includes your Pokemon in the film title. What do you think? I have a slight problem at the moment though as I can't even do it properly with the rental Pokemon!

Last edited:

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
    Years
  • Seems like we're a bit behind... Me and Rex are finally heading out from the Musical Hall after a long day. We'll try filming the "Mystery Doors of the Magical Land" series soon, but right now, I need to do the preparations. (I guess all of us need to, huh? :P)

Our glorious victories at the Musical:
    Spoiler:

Edit: Nice touch with the Brycen-Man Movies thing, it sounds great! It adds some more fun times to be had in Unova so it's not just the Contests.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was thinking it would be cool to have it as create a Strange Ending to at least the first three Brycen-Man films as well as each film in a series of your choice. The thing that's cool about the Brycen-Man films is that it includes your Pokemon in the film title. What do you think?

I do like the Idea of doing the Brycen-Man films, the one problem I have is that I never beat B2W2 before, for the longest time, I didn't even know who the Champion was. (Thanks internet! >:( ) My file just beat Skyla actually. (Don't remember why I stopped playing it.) I totally would speed though the game just for this challenge though. I just might disappear for 1-3 Days. (Don't know who long the game is.)

I'm sure Spark can use a vacation anyway! {XD}

Years
  • Rex is looking fabulous! :)

Yes! Got a Strange Ending for all four films in the Invaders Series! ^^

Spoiler:

The Pichu I used was Lv. 1 so he had a very brief cameo getting knocked out spectacularly in one hit!

We're going to hang round in Unova for a while and make some more movie magic!

I really want to complete the third Brycen-Man film tomorrow so I can decide whether to include it in the challenge or not. I think at the very least the first one should be included as it's fun and showcases both you and your star Pokemon!

Edit: Ohh! I think I have it! There are eight screens in the cinema so how about a Strange Ending to the first Brycen-Man film, a Strange Ending to all films in a Series of your choice and Strange Endings to any other films of your choice to make eight in total, one for each screen!?

Edit 8th Oct:

The Heracross Girl vs. Brycen-Man!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
    Years
  • Congrats to you and Honey! You two are just breezing through this, aren't you? ^^

On the other hand, Rex has completed Brycen-Man 1, and Mystery Doors 1 and 2 with Strange endings. Much like what Drackos_Flare said earlier, I also didn't know Strange Endings were even a thing, I didn't even know what to expect!

Filming the Mystery Doors series' Strange Endings felt very odd, as the requirement for the first 2 films is to seriously lose both of those battles.
    (This might be a little off topic, so I'll just put the story of my experience in this here spoiler)
    Spoiler:

I don't really know when we'll shoot Mystery Doors 3's Strange Ending... It's a bit hard, but with some luck, it can happen.

I don't have pictures right now, I'll probably get them when I update again, or finish the 8 Screens. Whatever ends up happening first.

And by the way yes, I do like the sound of that "One for each screen" idea! {:3} And the first Brycen-Man Film is a cinch to complete with about 99% of all Pokemon!
    I can't really say anything about the 2nd or 3rd Films quite yet, I'm afraid. I never filmed them before. {D:}

Last edited:
    Back