• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Swampert and Mewtwo fanclub

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Here's another picture of Swampert:

Credits to Arkeis for the Swampert picture.

~Rene~ :t025:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Is this for 4th gen or 3rd gen?? xDD EQ ish good though... ditch Strength and Muddy Water~ Surf > Muddy Water.

3rd Gen...
    Anyways Strenght is a good Normal Move, No? Swampert I think can't learn Body Slam so I'll just go with Strenght...
    I already have Surf and Muddy Water..So I don't think I will be ditching Muddy Water...I can ditch Muddy Water with Ice Beam...or Blizzard or even Curse...O.o

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Okay and here's another picture of Mewtwo:

Credits to Arkeis for the picture.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    3rd Gen...
    Anyways Strenght is a good Normal Move, No? Swampert I think can't learn Body Slam so I'll just go with Strenght...
    I already have Surf and Muddy Water..So I don't think I will be ditching Muddy Water...I can ditch Muddy Water with Ice Beam...or Blizzard or even Curse...O.o

Ah, 'kay.
    It's not the best normal type move.... Swampert can learn Body Slam btw.

Ice Beam > Muddy Water

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    I will post the next topic now. Here it is:
    What attacks will Swampert and Mewtwo use in contest appeals?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Umm... Surf and Psychic?? They're not really contest Pokemon.. more battle ones.

Years
    I must join this club. Swampert is the top on my list of favorite Pokemon. Mewtwo is a bit meh-ish but an OKAY Pokemon.

Movesets now?

4th Generation:

Swampert @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 HP, 128 Attack, 128 Def.
    Curse
    EarthQuake
    Rock Slide/Ice Punch
    Waterfall

3rd Generation:
    Swampert @ Leftovers
    Brave
    252 HP, 128 Attack, 128 Special Attack
    Curse
    EarthQuake
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Last edited:

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Umm... Surf and Psychic?? They're not really contest Pokemon.. more battle ones.
    Nice answer, Alex. But I write the topic wrongly. Here is the new one: What attack combos will Swampert and Mewtwo use in contest appeals? Sorry about that.

I must join this club. Swampert is the top on my list of favorite Pokemon. Mewtwo is a bit meh-ish but an OKAY Pokemon.

Movesets now?

4th Generation:

Swampert @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 HP, 128 Attack, 128 Def.
    Curse
    EarthQuake
    Rock Slide/Ice Punch
    Waterfall

3rd Generation:
    Swampert @ Leftovers
    Brave
    252 HP, 128 Attack, 128 Special Attack
    Curse
    EarthQuake
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Sure you can join, Jordan. Welcome! Wait for Poketrainer2004 to add you in the list. And nice movesets you have from each generation.
    I will answer the topic now.
    What attack combos will Swampert and Mewtwo use in contest appeals?
    Swampert: Surf and Ice Beam
    Mewtwo: Psychic and Shadow Ball

Melody

Banned
    Years
    :DAwesome! Yet another member! I'll update the listy now. And Nice movesets ya got there!
    Although. I'd say that Surf/Blizzard makes a good appeal combo for swampert. At least in the 3rd gen.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Good answer you have, Poketrainer2004. Here's another picture of Swampert:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Nice answer, Alex. But I write the topic wrongly. Here is the new one: What attack combos will Swampert and Mewtwo use in contest appeals? Sorry about that.

Umm... right. Are you sure you weren't trying to trick us?

Swampert uses Surf and is controlled by Mewtwo's Psychic attack. Adding on Swift, rushes through the Surf from all directions and Mud Shot too with Surf acting like a hidden wall...

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Yep, I'll join. Swampert is my favourite starter, and Mewtwo just rocks full stop. I'll run through my Mewtwo movesets in a tic.

Hmm... Not sure about combos, but for a contest Moveset, I'd go with Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind and Recover. They're all Smart moves.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Umm... right. Are you sure you weren't trying to trick us?

Swampert uses Surf and is controlled by Mewtwo's Psychic attack. Adding on Swift, rushes through the Surf from all directions and Mud Shot too with Surf acting like a hidden wall...
    No and I am sure I didn't trick you, Alex. It's And nice answer you have. That's a good contest combo for Swampert and Mewtwo.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Hm. An awesome battle set and Contest set as well. Very good.
    I'd ditch Calm Mind if it were me though. Just for battling. Calm Mind in Contests is good. CMing Mewtwo in battle is asking for a Shadow Ball/Crunch in the face XP
    But good set Overall.
    I think a good move for contests on both Swampert and Mewtwo would be return. It's a 'Cute' move in 3rd gen and it exites the audince no matter what type of contest it is. Good for when your main dazzle move was used last turn and you dont want to break the streak because you know you'll rake in the points next turn on the max exitement level.
    I'm speaking of Regular contests. not the Super Contests though.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    No and I am sure I didn't trick you, Alex. It's And nice answer you have. That's a good contest combo for Swampert and Mewtwo.

Hmm... I'll believe you this time... xD
    On topic: I am not to bright on the topic of contests, but Surf is quite risky. Rain Dance + Water Gun combo is easy for any Water Type.

O.o Rain Dance + Hydro Pump is likewise with that.

Years
    All Pokemon that learns Water Gun and Hydro Pump learns Water Gun first. It's much easier than getting Hydro Pump. (besides, Pokemon level does not matter in contests anyway). I used to have a Swampert that knows Hydro Pump, worked pretty hard on that Mudkip, but I got bashed all over for not using Surf.

Jordan

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    All Pokemon that learns Water Gun and Hydro Pump learns Water Gun first. It's much easier than getting Hydro Pump. (besides, Pokemon level does not matter in contests anyway). I used to have a Swampert that knows Hydro Pump, worked pretty hard on that Mudkip, but I got bashed all over for not using Surf.

Jordan

That may be true, but depending on which Pokemon and the level you catch it at, that may differ.
    It doesn't actually matter as they do the same thing overall in the contest.

Back