• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    wow you must be good to win with those pokemon
    my starter was lv 80 and the other two were in the 70s

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Flying Types on FireRed

I am at Cerulean City on FireRed, and I have so far caught no flying types, which, for obvious reasons I will need later (I have a no HM slaves policy.).

Are there any good flying types in FireRed other then the Pidges? I have one of them ever time I play and I've just become tired of them. Also, no Spear/Fearows, Already tried one, and it didn't work out.

If it helps, this is what I have so far...

Wartortle Lv.18
    Pikachu Lv.17

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Y'all are forgetting Fearow. It can learn both Aerial Ace and Drill Peck, not to mention a decent speed. It's also available sooner than Doduo, Dratini, and Aerodactyl.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Okay, thanks everybody. I think I'll go for Aerodactyl or Dodrio when they're needed. Dragonite seems a bit too much trouble since they don't evolve from dragonair until at least the 50s.

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
    IM talking to silver Smeargle:

If you look at the top he/she mentioned that he/she already tried Fearow and it didn't work

does it bother reading..

IM talking to silver Smeargle

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    IM talking to silver Smeargle:

If you look at the top he/she mentioned that he/she already tried Fearow and it didn't work

does it bother reading..

IM talking to silver Smeargle

When it's 11:30 at night, you miss a few things.

If you want something more unique, you can trade a spearow for a farfetch'd in Vermillion

Forgot about that.

scyther is the best choice

I'm sure he's looking for something that can actually fly.

Legendary birds also come to mind here.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Zubat,it has a double resistence against those pesky grass (Good for your wartorle)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I used Dragonite when it evolved after my battle with Koga. I didn't really need Fly before then.

But I have an "always over level my Pokemon 'cause there's always a giant level gap between the 8th GYM and the E4" policy.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Nice balance there. Surprising that you manged it with what I would call low leveled Pokemon, at least for the E4 standards anyway.

Steelcurtain10reborn

Beginning Ev trainer
    Years
    legendary birds or go with the option of having Butterfree

:t354:TG
    Yes,but alot of Flying Types are Stronger than butterfree,I say get a Scyther,it has excellent speed and Attack,not to mention double resistance against grass,it can easily take out grass,water,ground,rock,fighting,and bug. Thats a big Super Effective range,not to mention that Wartortle takes out fire,and pikachu could take out flying,Scyther would be the best choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back