• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
    Yes,but alot of Flying Types are Stronger than butterfree,I say get a Scyther,it has excellent speed and Attack,not to mention double resistance against grass,it can easily take out grass,water,ground,rock,fighting,and bug. Thats a big Super Effective range,not to mention that Wartortle takes out fire,and pikachu could take out flying,Scyther would be the best choice.

Scyther cant learn FLY tho.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Oh those Kanto Flying Types.

I'm currently doing a flying type monotype challenge and have found out that Kanto has quite a variety of flying pokemon. This is my team:
    Charizard
    Pidgeot
    Scyther
    **Aerodactyl**
    Dragonite
    Gyarados

-Seeing as you already have a water type Gyarados is out.
    -And since you chose Squirtle as your starter, Charizard is also out.
    -Also, since you don't want Pidgey, say bye bye to Pidgeot.
    -Dragonite would be a good choice but like you said, it takes a long time for it to get to it's final evolution.
    -Scyther is very good but it happens to not be able to learn Fly. Hasta La Vista Baby

Look who won! AERODACTYL
    Being a Flying/Rock Type, it can a large variety of attacks like:
    -earthquake
    -steel wing
    -aerial ace
    -ancient power
    -hyper beam
    -flamethrower
    -iron tail
    -dragon claw
    Plus: It has great speed and attack :)

So considering your current dilemma, I would choose Aerodactyl.

Hope I could help ^^

Last edited:

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014

I'm currently doing a flying type monotype challenge and have found out that Kanto has quite a variety of flying pokemon. This is my team:
    Charizard
    Pidgeot
    Scyther
    **Aerodactyl**
    Dragonite
    Gyarados

-Dragonite would be a good choice but like you said, it takes a long time for it to get to it's final evolution.
    -Scyther is very good but it happens to not be able to learn Fly. Hasta La Vista Baby

Look who won! AERODACTYL
    -earthquake
    -steel wing
    -aerial ace
    -ancient power
    -hyper beam
    -flamethrower
    -iron tail
    -dragon claw

Hope I could help ^^
    You forgot two others fly pokemon that Kanto have, Golbat, which can learn Fly and Fearow but that one is out because he said he dont want that one too....And Golbat have a pretty decent speed too

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I'm of course talking about Flying Types who, one, are actually flying types (NOT Scyther) and are capable of using Fly, so that I won't have to violate my own HM slaves policy. So that would mean no Zu/Gol/Crobats, or Bug/Fling Types. Just a day ago I resurected an Aerodactyl, and was disapointed at it's low level. (It's now in a daycare.) So I decided to go with Dodrio, at least until Aerodactyl is battle-ready.

Also, in the OP I said NO Fearows, SilverSmeagle, I realize what you said earlier was a mistake. AND, Scyther is NO flying type, and even if it was I would not use it due to it being Bug type (I have a lot of policies) and because it wouldn't be able to learn Fly.

EDIT: My bad, Scyther IS part flying.

Charizard
    Pidgeot
    Scyther
    **Aerodactyl**
    Dragonite
    Gyarados

Look who won! AERODACTYL
    -earthquake
    -steel wing
    -aerial ace
    -ancient power
    -hyper beam
    -flamethrower
    -iron tail
    -dragon claw

Hope I could help ^^
    Thank you for the help! Aerodactyl's in the day care until about level 20, and I have the TM for Dragon Claw. I would have chosen Charmander as a starter but I go solo usually for the first two towns so I would be dead vs. Brock/Misty.

Last edited:

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    Replaying Emerald

I started playing Emerald all over again but on my PSP this time :P

I was wondering what kind of water pokemon should be on my team, I've only seen Marill so far and I wonder if there's any other cool water pokemon or should I just catch Marill and train it to Azumarill

Divine~Deoxys

pretty naff though.

u'll struggle to catch either, particularly staryu (five hours and haven't got one).

Swampert's the best, but you obviously didn't choose it as a starter.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    im thinking of starting emerald over, any suggestions on pokemon?

Could you be a little more specific, like what types you like, how many Pokemon you want, what are some of your favorites, are you gonna use HM slaves?

Divine~Deoxys

I have a suggestion: Breloom. Catch a Shroomish in petalburg forest.

It rocks ass.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Thinking of starting again on FireRed...

...With Bulbasaur, or possibly Charmander.

Never, ever have I chosen Bulbasaur before. I have absolutely no experience with him and I need to think of a new team. Before I had Raichu, Dugtrio, Arcanine, Snorlax, Blastoise and Dragonite. Dragonite will be in my party if I start again. He will never be replaced. Blastoise has always been my favourite, but I feel like trying something new. What do you guys think? I'm thinking of having a completely different party all together. Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Well obviously you will have Dragonite in you party so that's one and we don't need to worry about a flying type anymore. You said you have never used Bulbasaur before so go ahead and use it. You need a water Pokemon for surf so a Gyarados, is a good option, but that's also part flying so you may not want that. A Tentacruel is also easy to get, but that's also part poison so that would be two part poison types. A Poliwrath could be good, or you could just go with a HM slave. For an electric type a Jolteon could work.

Well that's four and I'm running out of ideas. 0.0' Just go with Pokemon you like or some that me or others suggest.

Years
    When I first played FireRed. My most reliable was always my starter and my Vaporeon. A female Vaporeon is like a Power Tank. It helped me alot during the Elite Four.I suggest getting a Gyarados or a Vaporeon if you start with Charmander or Bulbasaur

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back