• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    Well dragonair, i suggest for your sixth pokemon you should get snorlax for when your up against the E4 as when you need to heal your pokemon just switched to snorlax as fairly high defense and high hp and when snorlax's hp is low he knows the move rest which heals all hp but puts him asleep for 2 turns but he can learn snore wich is 40 damage and he also knows sleep talk which is like metronome and they can both be used only whilst he is asleep.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That's elaborate, lol. I would help, but I'm a little out of it at the moment. But this needs to be in the Team Help Thread. Since this post is so...long, I'll just merge them instead.

i.am.GOLD

Hidden 'Poké-ick' Power!
    Years
  • Hey guys, i need some help!
    Heres my planned team on Sapphire:

Sceptile(?), Blaziken(?), Swampert - Nature: ??? Item: ??? Moveset: Earthquake, ???
    Swellow - Nature: ??? Item: ??? Moveset: Aerial Ace, ???
    Aggron - Nature: ??? Item: ??? Moveset: ???
    Sandslash - Nature: ??? Item: ??? Moveset: ???
    Crobat - Nature: ??? Item: ??? Moveset: Aerial Ace, Toxic(?), ???
    Starmie - Nature: ??? Item: ??? Moveset: Ice Beam, Protect, Recover, Psychic
    Salamence - Nature: ??? Item: ??? Moveset: ???
    Lanturn - Nature: ??? Item: ??? Moveset: ???

Later on after E4:
    Heracross - Nature: ??? Item: ??? Moveset: ??? - Safari Zone
    Metagross - Nature: ??? Item: ??? Moveset: ??? - Steven

Please help me fill in the question marks!
    And if theres a need, please do, change my team members!
    And, i do not know which 6 to choose!

P.S. I've not started yet, intending on starting after planning my team :D

Last edited:

bolmy

That guy.
    Years
  • I'm restarting on Sapphire (again).
    Basically I'm looking for ideas for a team. So far all I have is:
    Absol
    Gardevoir
    Mightyena

That's it. Does anyone have any other ideas? Just in general.

Last edited:

jolty94

N*RGY
    Years
  • Hey everyone, I'm starting a new game on FireRed and I need some help on ideas for puting a team together. I'm picking either Bulbasaur or Charmander as a Starter because I always start with Squirtle so I thought I'd try something different lol. Thanks :)

i.am.GOLD

Hidden 'Poké-ick' Power!
    Years
  • Hey everyone, I'm starting a new game on FireRed and I need some help on ideas for puting a team together. I'm picking either Bulbasaur or Charmander as a Starter because I always start with Squirtle so I thought I'd try something different lol. Thanks :)

Bulbasaur if you want an easy start, simply because th first two gyms will be easy.
    But if you want a challenge at th start, Charmander is the one, and Charizard is a strong late game Pokemon. So... Its up to you, really :D

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
  • I'm restarting on Sapphire (again).
    Basically I'm looking for ideas for a team. So far all I have is:
    Absol
    Gardevoir
    Mightyena

That's it. Does anyone have any other ideas? Just in general.

IMO:
    -take out Mightyena. Absol is by far the better dark type.
    -Add Blaziken, he's a good fighting type.
    -Maybe add a Flying type like Swablu. It evolves into a dragon
    -If you dont want Swablu, maybe get Trapinch for your Dragon type.

That's pretty much all.

bolmy

That guy.
    Years
  • Seriously? Swablu, Altaria? Defensive Dragons? Oh come on! You deserve a better Dragon than that :p

I like Altaria, mainly because I don't think you can catch a Bagon before you have waterfall? Right? I'm not a huge fan of Flygon tbh.

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • Mmkay, I have a question for my Emerald team. Right now, I lack a party, but that's not exactly my question. It's more, why should I have a Dragon type in my party? I'd never really considered it, but it doesn't seem to have any obvious strengths, other than other Dragons, which, for lack of a better word, sucks. IMO. So, you should tell me why I should or shouldn't have a Dragon Type, and if so, what do you suggest? Thanks, :D

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • you do not need a Dragon but many people like them as they only have 2 weaknesses and they are really popular a good dragon to have though is Flygon as it is part ground and can be taught sandstorm and earthquake

jolty94

N*RGY
    Years
  • Hey guys, I've considered catching a Pidgey now, which will evidently become a Pidgeot. Do you think this is a good idea?
    So far my Team would be:
    - Bulbasaur.
    - Pidgey.

Any ideas?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • You might wish to be abit more specific.

I'm assuming you're talking about beating the Elite Four with this team. Or do you mean merely beating the Gyms?

jolty94

N*RGY
    Years
  • I mean just building up my Team along the way in general and with the Elite Four. I'm guessing you mean Pidgeot wont really be a big help beating the Elite Four right?

i.am.GOLD

Hidden 'Poké-ick' Power!
    Years
  • Pidgeot with the right moves might be useful in taking down Bruno's Hitmons!
    Aerial Ace is a good choice.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • FireRed? I personally got Vaporeon, it's really bulky and can hit hard. If it was LeafGreen you could've got Starmie though. Gyarados or Poliwrath are good alternatives to Vaporeon if you want to evolve your Eevee into Jolteon/Flareon.

jolty94

N*RGY
    Years
  • I would suggest Dragonair, it's an excellent Dragon Type. A good water type would be Vaporeon, as it has good Sp.Attack, or even a Gyarados perhaps?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back