• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Theme League Gyms (NOW OPEN TO CHALLENGERS)

Skippy the Great

BovineBruiser!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    Here is what this League will be all about. It isn't going to be the usual mono-type tourney that most people use. Each Gym will be theme based (i.e. Little Cup Gym, or Uber Gym). It will be up to each Gym Leader and E-4 Member to figure out what type of theme they will use for their gym.

NO TWO GYMS WILL BE ALIKE!!!

For gym leaders: Be creative with yourr theme! If someone choses a theme first, don't copy them. All gym leaders can change their teams as much as they want to as long as it fits within the structure of your gym's theme.

For Challengers: A team that you have now might not be allowed in the following gym you challenge. For example, if someone has a Little Cup Gym, and someone else has a gym that allows the use of Ubers, it's not going to be a good ideal to keep the team. Also, if someone uses Smogon tiers in their gym, and another person uses RegiLeague Tiers in their gym, your team might be allowed in one, but not in another, so YES, challenger may change their team from one gym to the next.

For Gym Leaders and Challengers: There will be sixteen gym's, each with it's own theme. Challengers will have to win in eight of these to be allowed to challenge the E-4. The E-4 will have there own sets of themes, as well. When and if you beat the E-4, you will be allowed to challenge the Theme League Champion.

Prizes: All Gym Leaders and E-4 members will each offer up a reasonable prize. The prize will also be based on the theme of the gym. (example prize for a Little Cup Gym could be an IV trained, prefered nature Pokemon that is Lvl 5 or lower with an item). The prize for each gym will be listed by me once the gym leaders have been announced.

For potential Gym Leaders: These being the people that think they can come up with a creative gym theme, just post, and the first sixteen will be approved for the spots.

For potential Elite Members: Elite registrations will have to battle me with the theme team they are going to use, AND WIN. I will use a team that is within the rules you will want to use for your theme.

Other rules for registration:

1. Shoddy is not allowed.

2. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and Battle Revolution are allowed. It is up to the Gym Leader/E-4 member, and their opponent to decide how their battle will take place.

3. If there is some issue that a challenger has, and they think that the Gym Lader is not using a team that goes with their gym's theme, they can let me know what the gym's theme was, and the team they battled, and I will decide if the gym's theme was/is correct.

Other rules for registration (Gym Leaders): Those of you wishing to be Gym Leaders, use the following format as a post in this thread to apply.

F.C:
    Theme:
    Rules For Your Gym:
    Prize Offered:

Other rules for registration (Elite Members): PM me to challenege me with your theme team. I am on 7 days a week, so I will respond.

From Me: The Prizes I, as the moderator, of sorts, will offer can be found at the bottom of the thread, as well as my gym type and rules. I will have an individual prize for my gym, itself.

The Champions Rule: I am the champion...but just for now. Anybody who makes it through the eight required gyms, and four elites, and beats the current champion, me or whoever it might be in the future, STAYS the champion untill they are thamselves beaten. The theme of the Champion's Gym when and if I am beaten for the first time will be just that..."The Champion's Theme Gym". Their theme will consist of the exact team they used to beat the former champion (Gym Leaders and Elite members, you will NOT be required to use your themes to make a run at the champion. You will, however, be champion, not a gym leader if you beat the current champion, and you will have your team that beat that champion as your theme.) Anybody that becomes champion will need a prize to offer. You will need only one. I will kepp my six as donation prizes if a new person becomes champion, and I will be adding one more prize for myself for beating my gym (in the case I lose my lace as champion. If you loose your spot as champion, you will have to be a Gym Leader again (not an Elite member, even if that is where you started out.)

Gym Leaders

Gym Theme: Dangerous (firekid115)
    F.C: 0603-1398-8560
    Rules For Your Gym: No ubers or hacked pokemon.
    Prize Offered: Shiny Totodile (UT)

Gym Theme: ARCTIC (maul513)
    F.C: @ Platium: 4984-0803-5125/@ Pearl: 3781-0775-2227
    Rules For Your Gym: no ubers or hacked
    Prize Offered:To Be Announced Before the League Starts

Gym Theme: Multitype (*FireEagle DeWitt Jr*)
    F.C: 0044-8910-7720
    Rules For Your Gym: No ubers or hacked Pokemon
    Prize Offered: any legendary pokemon i have/any pokemon i have

Gym Theme: Rodent theme (hnbubz)
    F.C: 0430-5515-5643
    Rules For Your Gym: i use one uber, so you may use ONE uber.
    Prize Offered: An eevee egg

Gym Theme: Fully Evolved
    FC: Emby, 1032-7115-4828 (*~FireHeart~*)
    Rules For Your Gym: Level 50 Double Battle. No Ubers or Hacks. All Pokémon must be fully evolved exculding Pokémon that need to be traded to evolve.
    Prize Offered: Either a Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Leafeon, or Glacion. You choose.

Gym Theme: Shiny
    FC: 4339-8670-2885 (slowpokez)
    Rules For Your Gym: no ubers
    Prize Offered: random rare pokemon

Gym Theme: Hoenn pokemon
    F.C: 2364-1503-7090 (darkfighter)
    Rules: No ubers or hacked pokemon,no pokemon over level 70
    Prize: A level 35 solrock

Theme: Ubers of Sinnoh
    F.C: 4082-1789-3045
    Rules For Your Gym: you may have ubers of only LV 49 and up. no hacks and no sleep cause.
    Prize Offered: a master ball

Gym Theme: master gym (Eliete Champion)
    F.C: 0345-3248-0255
    Rules For Your Gym: 2 v 2 battle ( i only use 2 so you only use 2)
    Prize Offered: 3 master balls and a tm of choice ( i have them all)

Theme: UU Sunny Day
    F.C: 5327-7048-0944 (WolfFlare)
    Rules For Your Gym: No Ubers, No Pokemon above the tier UU, Standard Clauses
    Prize Offered: Shiny, EV trained Arcanine

Gym Theme: It's tricky (Flyingtacos)
    F.C: 2793-6573-0657
    Rules For Your Gym: No ubers, hacked trainer memos are allowed, hacked stats, movesets, nature/iv combos, etc. are not. Standard Rules (sleep clause freeze clause ohko clause soul dew clause species clause)
    Prize Offered: Lvl 1 UT starter pokemon

Gym Theme:
    F.C:
    Rules For Your Gym:
    Prize Offered:

Gym Theme:
    F.C:
    Rules For Your Gym:
    Prize Offered: Prize

Gym Theme:
    F.C:
    Rules For Your Gym:
    Prize Offered:

Gym Theme:
    F.C:
    Rules:
    Prize:

E-4 Leaders

Gym Theme: NU
    F.C: 1848-4752-4144 (Suzumiya Haruhi)
    Rules For Your Gym: Only use NU's (Go to pokemoneliete2000.com to view what this NU gym's theme will be using for it's NU tier system.)
    Prize Offered: Level 1 Spirittomb

Gym Theme: Bulky Pokemon (elheroeoscuro)
    F.C: 1333-3911-4200
    Rules: No ubers or hacked pokemon, Spieces Clause, Evasion Clause, 4v4 Double
    Prize: Shiny DD Totodile

Gym Theme: Eevee evolutions
    F.C: @ Diamond: 2577-9670-4759 @ Platinum: 2278-2614-7899 (Shadow of Fears)
    Rules For Your Gym: no ubers no hackeded pokemon 1 OU pokemon allowed
    Prize Offered: DD Totodile

Gym Theme: Last Stand (Sofnyx)
    F.C: 1204-5620-8633
    Rules For Your Gym: No Ubers/Hacked
    Prize Offered: Adamant Shiny Gible

Gym Theme:
    F.C:
    Rules For Your Gym:
    Prize Offered:

Gym Theme:
    F.C:
    Rules For Your Gym:
    Prize Offered:

Champion (Me)

Gym Theme: Technician (4 of my Pokemon will have Technician as their Pokemon Ability)
    F.C: 3352-0011-9241
    Rules For Your Gym: Two Ubers will be allowed. Double Battle, Spieces Clause, Evasion Clause, Sleep Clause.
    Prize Offered: Gamestp Deoxys (Modest and Touched)

Grand Prizes Offered for beating 8 Gym Leaders, 4 Elite Member, and the champion:

Milotic (WCS), UT, Lvl 50 Timid, Flame Orb

Metagross (Red's), UT, Lvl 62 Brave, Occa Berry

Shaymin (Movie11), UT, Lvl 50, Timid, Micle Berry

Mewtwo (252 EV's in Sp. Atk and Speed) Lvl. 100, Timid, Petaya Berry

Mew (MYSTRY) (EV's are random) Lvl. 100, Impish, White Herb

Lugia (Distant Land) (252 EV's in HP and Sp. Atk.) Lvl. 100, Modest, Power Herb

Last edited:
    Years

Gym Theme:Radicalness
    F.C: In my sig
    Rules For Your Gym: No ubers or hacked pokemon.
    Prize Offered: Ev trained pokemon's (still thinking of which ones)

maul513

The Ultimate Ice Enigma
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    Gym Theme: ARCTIC
    F.C: in sig
    Rules For Your Gym: no ubers or hacked
    Prize Offered:tba

did i make it?????????????????????????

Last edited:

Skippy the Great

BovineBruiser!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I have two gym leaders already, and this has been posted for less than 24 hours. I hope to have some more soon. It will be fun to get this up and running as soon as possible.

Years
    it will be AMAZING once this gym gets action,

the whole idea of "themes" is awesome

**no i dont have to spend like 3 months consruting a team XD

*FireEagle DeWitt Jr*

The Beginning Trainer
    Years
    Gym Theme: Multitype
    F.C: In my signature
    Rules For Your Gym: No ubers or hacked Pokemon
    Prize Offered: any legendary pokemon i have/any pokemon i have

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    F.C:
    Theme: Rodent theme
    Rules For Your Gym: i use one uber, so you may use ONE uber.
    Prize Offered: An eevee egg
    btw: the theme idea sounds great! can i challenge you to be part of the elite 4

F.C: 0430-5515-5643
    Theme: Rodents
    Rules For Your Gym: only one uber and NO HACKS!
    Prize Offered: 1 Eevee Egg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    nvm i dont need to be in the elite four, i just want to be a leader please

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I've decided to join.
    Gym Theme: Multitype Awesomeness
    F.C: Emby, 1032 7115 4828
    Rules For Your Gym: Level 50 Double Battle. No Ubers or Hacks or 2 Pokémon of the Same type
    Prize Offered: Either a Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon. You choose.

Skippy the Great

BovineBruiser!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I've decided to join.
    Gym Theme: Multitype Awesomeness
    F.C: Emby, 1032 7115 4828
    Rules For Your Gym: Level 50 Double Battle. No Ubers or Hacks or 2 Pokémon of the Same type

Sorry. There is already a Multitype Gym Theme. You can still join, but you need to get a different gym theme.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Hm... what about Fully Evolved?

Gym Theme: Fully Evolved
    FC: Emby, 1032 7115 4828
    Rules For Your Gym: Level 50 Double Battle. No Ubers or Hacks. All Pokémon must be fully evolved exculding Pokémon that need to be traded to evolve.

Skippy the Great

BovineBruiser!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    Okay, we have six so far, but we need some E-4 members. We could let this thing start with just eight gyms if we can get all four E-4 members.

Back