• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Third Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years
    So, each generation before has had the 3 games.
    What do you all think will be in the 3rd one of this gen.
    And what do you think it will be called?

NidoKang

Bow down to the King
    Years
    Probably another precious stone of some kind. Something along those lines. I hope they come out with a new game that takes 2x longer to beat. Because i think progressing in the story line is a lot funner then just leveling and battling.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Ive heard opal and a while back a fake diamond and jade was on ebay maybe theyll use jade. But I think Shiny Umbreon mentioned Opal to me a while back

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I'd think it'd be some kind of gem that relates to an existing d/p legandary. Maybe Onyx -a deep black gemstone- for Darkrai? It's kind of a dumb name, but it's all I can think of.

Years
    I think it would be crystal, but they already made one.
    I've also heard a little rumour that it is Opal. But then again they have to decide the pokemon that has the opal inside like Dialga and Palkia, or they'll just use Regigas or something

Years
    Only one I've heard is Opal, and that was a fake.

I bet its something completely different to what we expect.

As for the character on the front, my money is on Giratina, but their are plenty of other options.

Briggsby

A learned trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    Just thought to try and help these are your options for the legendaries:
    Cressalia
    Darkrai
    Shaymin (lol)
    Giratina
    Arceus
    HeatRan (Ahhhhh!!! He could fit perfectly)
    And of course the three thingies, (Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf)

I think it's gonna be mesprit or maybe all three of them, only thing is not sure what gem that would be.
    It could be heatran, he seems to fit perfectly.

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    I think it'll be Giratina. It's like in Emerald, with the head of the trio, Raquaza.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years
    Yeah.
    I wonder.

I hope theres a whole lot more to do.

To be honest they should just some hench pokemon mmorpg and constantly update it with new regions etc and a never ending epic story.

That would sell amazingly.

Years
    Yeah.
    I wonder.

I hope theres a whole lot more to do.

To be honest they should just some hench pokemon mmorpg and constantly update it with new regions etc and a never ending epic story.

That would sell amazingly.

We can dream!!

When/if that game ever came out it won't be for a while yet I don't think.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
    Years
    third game ? i didn`t see a third game like Firered or Leafgreen...

Years
    third game ? i didn`t see a third game like Firered or Leafgreen...

Red & Blue had Yellow
    Gold & Silver had Crystal
    Ruby & Sapphire had Emerald

Chances are Diamond and Pearl will have a 3rd game as well, unless Nintendo decide to direct their focus to games for the Wii, but the DS games have such a following there are bound to be more.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
    Years
    there are chanses indeed, but the whole game (both diamnd & pearl) are all about THE TWO BEINGS OF TIME AND SPACE AD THE ORIGINAL ONE
    (wich refers to Dialga, Palkia and Arceus) i understand like emerald was, that the third game could be about Arceus, more inforation about him, and maybe even the chance to catch him without using codes, getting events, etc.

Years
    Cressalia
    Darkrai
    Shaymin (lol)
    Giratina
    Arceus

I think it's gonna be mesprit or maybe all three of them, only thing is not sure what gem that would be.
    Cressalia could be, it fits theme of Dialga and Palkia
    Darkrai can't be, it's an event pokemon
    Shaymin also event
    Giratina could be, it also fits theme
    Arceus also event
    HeatRan doesn't fit theme
    And of course the three thingies, (Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf) can't be, they're 3, not 1

And, you're forgetting the other possibility:
    It's dialga and palkia.
    That's what happened when Emerald came out, maybe we'll see dialga and palkia fighting each other.

Years
    Cressalia
    Darkrai
    Shaymin (lol)
    Giratina
    Arceus

Cressalia could be, it fits theme of Dialga and Palkia
    Darkrai can't be, it's an event pokemon
    Shaymin also event
    Giratina could be, it also fits theme
    Arceus also event
    HeatRan doesn't fit theme
    And of course the three thingies, (Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf) can't be, they're 3, not 1

And, you're forgetting the other possibility:
    It's dialga and palkia.
    That's what happened when Emerald came out, maybe we'll see dialga and palkia fighting each other, it could be done with only minor storyline tweaking.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    My New Theory on the third game

Pokemon Opal: Cover Pokemon is Arceus. Team galactic goes after Palkia and Dialga to control the universe but fail and Not only start an epic battle but awaken the forgotten power of Arceus and Arceus tries to stop the other two but Once again you have the problem of Arceus which after foiling their plots maybe Cyrus realizes the error of his ways and gives you the azure flute to tame arceus and goes good in the end like Magma and Aqua leaders in Emerald.

Just a theory though...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I think it's quite obvious that the third game will star Giratina. Giratina does belong in the same group as Palkia and Dialga, it is the third installment just as Rayquaza is the third to Groudon and Kyogre. Also, I do believe that it will, indeed, be called Pokemon Opal. My proof you ask? Go to pokemonopal.com, it's a direct link to nintendo's website. We know all this information already, its just a matter of playing the waiting game now.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Pretty sure it's Opal, since when you write "PokemonOpal.com", it redirects you back to the Nintendo mainpage. It's either the third one, or the next RPG game coming. Since that's prolly a while off, it's prolly the third one in the series.

For the cover pokemon? I presume either Mespirit, since it 'watched over you' during the end of the game (like same concept the cover pokemon for Crystal, Suicune) or Cressila, since it's gererally a pretty pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back