• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The third installment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    I know it's a little early to be thinking about this, but I'm really curious about this, and thought that it was worth starting a threat about.

So far, all of the main Pokemon RPGs (I.E., the ones that introduce a new generation and involve traveling around a large region, earning badges, trying to complete the Pokedex, competing against a rival, stopping an evil organization, etc.) have been released in two sets. The two main games, then a sequel with slightly updated features (with the exception of the first generation, which released Blue slightly after Red and Green in Japan).

Red and Green, then Blue, then Yellow
    Gold and Silver, then Crystal
    Ruby and Sapphire, then Emerald

So, naturally, Diamond and Pearl are likely to have a follow-up of some sort. The question is; what? And what would each version represent? Do you think it more likely that it will feature the three Starters in turn, or three Legendaries like in the second and third generations? (I personally think it will be the latter. Diamond and Pearl are more...clear/pure colors. They wouldn't really go that well with Grass, Fire, or Water.)

It's very difficult to guess the color of the sequel (if any), simply because Diamond and Pearl are, in my opinion, good together, but I really don't see anything else that could belong to the pattern. Of course, Nintendo did surprise us all with their Crystal release. I don't know if I was the only one, but I really expected the sequel to be Bronze, if anything. Maybe Nintendo will bring another irrelevant color into the fourth generation. Though I'm fairly certain that they wouldn't add any gem that resembled the color green, red, blue, or yellow, as it'd be wise to save these for future games, and strange to bring them in after a clear couple like Diamond and Pearl.

So, what do you think the sequel's color will be?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2006
    Opal would fit nicely,,,,but for some odd reason quartz popped into my head....I have no idea why though....hehehe Pokemon Quartz...sounds kinda funny

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Yeah they probally will they will make a 2 organizations for each game then in the newer version of the stuff you get to see both teams probally be able to catch the 2 legendaries from diamond and pearl then also have a new onefor the game they made.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Lot's of options

Topaz
    The third installment?

Amethyst
    The third installment?

Opal
    The third installment?

Zircon
    The third installment?

Jade
    The third installment?

that's not even the begining of the different gems they could use.

Years
    Here is a complete list.

Amethyst
    Opal
    Topaz
    Peridot
    Aquamarine
    Citrine
    Ametrine
    Garnets
    Tsavorite Garnet
    Demantoid Garnet
    Mandarin Garnet
    Tourmaline
    Rubellite Tourmaline
    Green Tourmaline
    Paraiba Tourmaline
    Yellow Tourmaline
    Blue Tourmaline
    Multicored Tourmaline
    Tanzanite
    Lapis Lazuli
    Quartz
    Jade
    Zircon
    Iolite
    Spinel
    Fire Opal
    Moonstone
    Alexandrite
    Chrysoberyl
    Kunzite
    Beryls
    Morganite
    Chrome Diopside
    Andalusite
    Amber
    Turquoise
    Coral
    Agate
    Onyx
    Bloodstone
    Jasper

Years
    Please check the dates before you post -- this thread is several months old, and you can't bump anything older than a month. ^^;

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back