• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Time Is Running Out" Rom Hack (Team Members Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years

TIME IS RUNNING OUT

Pokemon Hack Based off the Roleplay​

Plotline:
    The world is falling apart. The legendaries are in war and the many teams you've come across have joined forces. Team Rocket and Team Galactic have joined forces to become Team Tractus. Team Magma and Team Aqua (after overcoming their problems) have joined forces to become Team IQU (Incendia Quod Unda). The Pokemon in the many regions have fled due to the many overwhelming disasters the teams and the legendaries have caused.
    You are a young teenager from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh and you were supposed to get a Pokemon from a local professor to help protect your family. But after the disappearance of all the Pokemon researchers and professors, that dream was lost quickly.
    But only when a woman arrived at your doorstep and gave you the option to become a Pokemon trainer did that dream spark up once more. She introduced herself as Selene and told you that you would meet her again the next day.
    The following day comes and three people arrive at your doorstep and tell you they are friends of Selene and take you to a base on a large island which seemed to not have been affected by the natural disasters. Selene shows up and hands you a Pokeball. She explains to you that through the doors behind her there's a training ground where you are able to capture and raise your team. Selene brings you out into the area and tells you the future may rely on you…​

As the player:
    As the player, you get to choose you region you came from (this serves later on in the game as well as the starter you receive). You'll encounter many people, evil, good, and some neutral. Your path will show the future and maybe even your destiny.​

Starters:
    Depending on the region you pick in the beginning, you will be given the same choice of starters from that specific region.
    If you choose Kanto, you'll be given the option of these three Pokemon:​

If you choose Johto, you'll be given the option of these three Pokemon:​

If you choose Hoenn, you'll be given the option of these three Pokemon:​

If you choose Sinnoh, you'll be given the option of these three Pokemon:​

In all, there is no right choice to whom you pick because you'll see mixes of teams throughout the entire game. The game will be worked on for a long time and won't be available to the public for a while.​

The game will also contain Fakemon. There will have several – a few dozen – Hiberna Ortus Fakemon from that Dex, which includes Pokemon X (Xavernex) and Arcas. You'll also encounter the three starters from the Hiberna Ortus Dex.​

As of right now, I'm looking into team members. If you sign up, you agree to be active and actually help in creating this game!​

The current team includes:
    Royal (Me)​

Spoiler:

If you wish to sign up, fill this form out and post below. Remember, if you sign up you agree to be active and actually help in creating this game:​

Name:
    Position:
    Proof of Work:
    Other Projects:​

These positions we need:
    Urgently Needed/ Needed/ Very Helpful/ Nice Addition

Scripters
    Tilers
    Graphics
    OW Maker + Editor
    ASM Hackers + Advanced Scripters

Thank you to all! Any questions you have, feel free to post. This thread will be edited with updates as we get farther into creating it.​

The project (the hack) will not start until we have a full team!​

Last edited:

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
    I'm sorry to say, but isn't this project kind of impossible? Isn't it impossible to make 4 regions in a rom hack? I thought it was already hard to make 2 full regions...

Anyway, if you found a way how, good luck!

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    i can be ur graphics dude. i kin do perty much any graphics stuff. Just dont ask me to do anything else.
    Please fill out the form, please. ^^

I could help you with the story if you want im a story writer.
    Please fill out thw form please. ^^

I'm sorry to say, but isn't this project kind of impossible? Isn't it impossible to make 4 regions in a rom hack? I thought it was already hard to make 2 full regions...

Well, it might not even be a Rom hack. I'm just calling it that right now... but I'm basically trying to include all the regions... ^^

Mew-Mewwer1

What the hack?
    Years

It's not impossible. Did you ever play Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen? It has 4 maps: Region map and 3 island maps. Now i don't know any size differences of the island maps, but i think it's possible.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It's not impossible. Did you ever play Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen? It has 4 maps: Region map and 3 island maps. Now i don't know any size differences of the island maps, but i think it's possible.

There are limited Map Names that can be used, and the amount of maps that it would need is much larger than that of a GBA ROM -> Not enough memory for three regions.

Even including two whole regions can be a bit of a push.

Years
    I think it is Possible because by Using Hackmew's XSE you cam make the rom 16mb to 32mb. I am saying this because if 16mb can store 2 region(like Shiny Gold) why can't 32mb store 4 region?
    By the way fire Red has 4 map. So I think it is possible to make 4 region. What do you think?

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2012
    Name: Benjamin C
    Position: graphics design
    Proof of Work: i dont have any proof of work that is worth showing, i have had experience in photoshop, and flash, i am good with pixels and i would be good for designing fakemon. i have alot of hacktools, advanced map and others like it, one thing i do not know how to do is the script side of things, so when it comes to adding pokemon to the dex and rom i am clueless, but if you tell me how something needs to be set up for it i will do the graphics and send them to you.
    Other Projects: i dont have any other projects really, i have just messed around with quiet a few hacktools, plus, i may not have experience in the rom hacking business but we all have to get experience somehow to start with yes?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Heyheyhey!

This sounds cool and I might do it!

NAME:Agent Geo(Jack)

POSITION:Medium Mapping, Slight Scripting(Talking/GiveItem/GivePokemon), Overworld:)

PROOF OF WORK: None really, I mess around with stuff...

OTHER PROJECTS: I don't know... Not much really!

----------------------------------------------------

Also.... A ROM can fit 4 regions maybe more, but it would have to be like 48 mb-maybe more.... It can't be 32, because it would also have LOTS of events and stuff!

YEAH!!!! PURPLE!

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
    I think it is Possible because by Using Hackmew's XSE you cam make the rom 16mb to 32mb. I am saying this because if 16mb can store 2 region(like Shiny Gold) why can't 32mb store 4 region?
    By the way fire Red has 4 map. So I think it is possible to make 4 region. What do you think?
    No because we won't have enough space for the map headers just because you enlarge the rom won't necessary mean that you will have more maps. it gives you more space so you can insert more hex stuff and scripts for more space.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
    yes it could we have space for more than 30,000 and 9,000 maps it would be very possible without expanding the rom we have 9mb of free space if you count the size per script wish each is 100 line 150 line script weight around 700 bytes(for those who dont know what bytes are they are less that kilobytes) though i have manage to expand a rom to 64 mb and 128mb its easy with some hex editing o and i can use that new space.

Name:locoroco
    Position:scripter
    Proof of Work:
    Do not steal its for my hack
    Spoiler:

Other Projects:pokemon aero my own hack and my friend bolens hack pokemon morganite

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Um...this thread is old. Don't bump threads older than a month.
    *Locked*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back