• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Tiny Things Thread (Possible Spoiler Warning)

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
Years
  • Well damn, that does sound bizarre. O_o I didn't know about this, hmmm.

Still, all the more training to do, I guess, before taking on the E4 again and challenging Adeku (which I look forward to very much). :D

Other stuff that's odd:

- I tried catching Chillarmy in a double wild battle and for some reason I can't? What the hell is this? I'm not retarded, I am perfectly capable of throwing two Pokeballs at the damn things at the same time? Are you seriously that stupid, GF?

- Why do we have jellyfish with marked gender differences, but we get a deer that can be female and have antlers like any male? They're not even slightly smaller or anything, lol. I caught my Shiki male because of this; it's ridiculous that I can't have a doe Pokemon.

- I found it rather odd that the menu screen during battle will show you the current weather. XD It's cool, I guess, for forgetful people like me, but you're kind of reminded every turn that it's raining, hailing, etc. aren't you? Seems odd if you ask me.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • The reason you're incapable of capturing a Pokemon during a Double Battle is because one of the wild Pokemon must be KOed prior to attempting to capture the other.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I bet there is still side quests to do within the older parts off Isshu. Take a look around the cities after the Elite Four, you might find something new going around.

But yeah, either Japanese people hardcore-train their Pokémon, or Nintendo is just expecting people to be near that level after the E4. o.O (I do know some people who got their Pokémon over level 60 before the E4)

Years
  • Are you kidding are about the Level 60's? Gian got up to that BEFORE the Elite Four. But I think he was cheating, but whatever.

I noticed that the sprites have once again gotten taller. And N is one tall teenager.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I don't understand why this is the subject of complaining =\ To me, it adds more challenge to the games. Unless a majority of gamers are becoming softer every year and are expecting a bunch of weak Trainers after the E4.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • I don't understand why this is the subject of complaining =\ To me, it adds more challenge to the games. Unless a majority of gamers are becoming softer every year and are expecting a bunch of weak Trainers after the E4.

Yeah, idgi either. It's like... you should be GLAD you get to train and stuff more and you can raise more pogeys and eventually face the E4 again. :D

Anyways, read the thing about the double wild encounters, and I still think that's ridiculous. Catching two things at the same time makes perfect sense, not to mention it'd be quite time-efficient.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm ecstatic about the higher levels. This is more like a "finally!" in my book. Now I can't wait to get to that point in the game. And I already grind a lot before the E4 anyway, so...

I noticed that the sprites have once again gotten taller. And N is one tall teenager.

I prefer N be as tall as he is cause it makes me feel less like a pedophile, kthx.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years

• - I tried catching Chillarmy in a double wild battle and for some reason I can't? What the hell is this? I'm not retarded, I am perfectly capable of throwing two Pokeballs at the damn things at the same time? Are you seriously that stupid, GF?

Unless I'm mistaken, it was the same way in the few times you got wild Double Battles in Gen4 too. So if it was like that then, why are you complaining now?
    - Why do we have jellyfish with marked gender differences, but we get a deer that can be female and have antlers like any male? They're not even slightly smaller or anything, lol. I caught my Shiki male because of this; it's ridiculous that I can't have a doe Pokemon.
    Do female Stantlers have antlers? Pokemon without marked gender differences such as this are always evident. I still swear that male Lopunnys have boobs just like the females.
    - I found it rather odd that the menu screen during battle will show you the current weather. XD It's cool, I guess, for forgetful people like me, but you're kind of reminded every turn that it's raining, hailing, etc. aren't you? Seems odd if you ask me.
    It's better than it stopping at every turn to say IT IS RAINING for 3 seconds.

Now it's just an icon you can easily ignore.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • It makes sense to have high level Pokemon like that. Also, it's really not that hard to train your Pokemon up to beat them.

I got a level 5 Monozu or whatever it's name is to level 64 in two hours thanks to Tabunne. SO from 50 to 70 isn't that hard.

Unless I'm mistaken, it was the same way in the few times you got wild Double Battles in Gen4 too. So if it was like that then, why are you complaining now?
    Do female Stantlers have antlers? Pokemon without marked gender differences such as this are always evident. I still swear that male Lopunnys have boobs just like the females.
    It's better than it stopping at every turn to say IT IS RAINING for 3 seconds.

Now it's just an icon you can easily ignore.
    Those aren't boobs on Lopunny. Those are it's arms folded towards its chest.

Ricochet Orange

The one who needed a new forum
    Years
  • Even Level 70 Walreins and Wailords can be found there. O_O I hate that part in my opinion,especially because of the hardcore leveled trainers.

Err....how do you know that?

Logic.

I made it up, based on the reigons and stuff, and why there are non-Isshu
    Pokemon in Isshu.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Logic.

I made it up, based on the reigons and stuff, and why there are non-Isshu
    Pokemon in Isshu.
    Pokemon isn't logical. There is nothing that proves that it is near Johto. The maps don't even line up.

Also, there are non-Isshu Pokemon because it would be very stupid to keep them out for the entire game.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • ...You realize it's all too possible that they got there on a boat with tourists, correct? How else do you explain Cynthia being in Isshu? The region doesn't have to be connected to Johto or any other pre-existing region for those Pokemon to be there.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
  • @Surmonter: Yeah, I know. It still looks like it.

The point is, there aren't that many Pokemon with extremely obvious gender differences.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years

• Unless I'm mistaken, it was the same way in the few times you got wild Double Battles in Gen4 too. So if it was like that then, why are you complaining now?

Um, because you couldn't catch them in Gen4 'cause you were with Cheryl, Marley, etc.? It made sense then because you dunno if they want to catch Pokemon, but now that you can find two wild things at the same time without any meddlesome trainer following you around, I fail to see the logic of not being to weaken both pogeys, then throw balls at 'em until they get caught. XD

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years

• Um, because you couldn't catch them in Gen4 'cause you were with Cheryl, Marley, etc.? It made sense then because you dunno if they want to catch Pokemon, but now that you can find two wild things at the same time without any meddlesome trainer following you around, I fail to see the logic of not being to weaken both pogeys, then throw balls at 'em until they get caught. XD
    I don't know what you're talking about. You could still catch Pokemon in Double Battles in D/P/Pt you just had to kill one.

And when there were two Pokemon out, the message that popped up was something along the lines of, "There are two wild Pokemon, it is impossible to aim!"

It had nothing to do with them wanting Pokemon.

In fact, they can't even have the desire to catch Pokemon. They're sprites in a game.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • o rly? lol, that explains it then. I always assumed you couldn't because you had someone with you, and I never tried killing one first then catching the other one.

The more you know...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Some of these replies are likely to fit into the WTF moment thread, but concisidering we already have a thread about how challenging B/W is (which is one of the points of main discussion), as well as the tiny things thread, this thread is likely to clash with those mentioned. Rather than locking it, I'll just combine it with the thread closest to it (being the tiny things thread).

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
  • You could've warned me instead. I completely forget about that rule sometimes... ;_;

In any case, here is that link again, in case anyone else forgot about that. It explains it quite well.

Personally, I like the B/W system better; now if you kill the one you're trying to catch it's your fault and not the AI's. :D

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    For people who don't know, in the Magnet Cave, if you go into the dust things that appears randomly you can get a stone or jewel of some types like Fire stone, Thunderstone, Fight jewel, Ghost jewel, etc. So far, jewels only boost their corresponding type. There is also a chance for a rare Pokémon encounter, so if you see one, don't leave it there!

About the instant-catch theory, I found it pretty wierd and went to test it out. I pressed A and B just when I was about to throw my Pokémon and instantly caught it, it happened two times again later. I was like, wtf.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • When breeding in the Pokemon Center, you don't have to leave the route and come back to see if there is an egg. Just get on your bike, and ride back and forth. When there is an egg and you pass him, he will stop you and scream your name.|

Nice ^-^

Back