• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen the truck my theory

nosferatu

so you like... stuff?..cool...
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    okay you all know about the truck thing in red and blue ?well i think that maybe that it got some thing to do with the guy with the machop thats stamping the ground, maybe it was a side quest or even a event where you got a item to trigger the event. what may of happened was that a house is built and a person moves in and for some reason nitindo removed it maybe they ran out of time or soething what do you think?

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • okay you all know about the truck thing in red and blue ?well i think that maybe that it got some thing to do with the guy with the machop thats stamping the ground, maybe it was a side quest or even a event where you got a item to trigger the event. what may of happened was that a house is built and a person moves in and for some reason nitindo removed it maybe they ran out of time or soething what do you think?

Nine years later and people still think the truck does something. It's just an easter egg. nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't move, it doesn't have a role in the game, it doesn't do anything at all.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    okay you all know about the truck thing in red and blue ?well i think that maybe that it got some thing to do with the guy with the machop thats stamping the ground, maybe it was a side quest or even a event where you got a item to trigger the event. what may of happened was that a house is built and a person moves in and for some reason nitindo removed it maybe they ran out of time or soething what do you think?

The truck has nothing to do with anything.
    It was kept there for some reason.
    Nintendo had planned something special but left it.

Years
  • I've read somewhere that the truck WAS supposed to be a sidequest to get one of the HMs but the developers removed the mission at the last minute, leaving the truck sitting there.

Now it's just an Easter egg.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • I've read somewhere that the truck WAS supposed to be a sidequest to get one of the HMs but the developers removed the mission at the last minute, leaving the truck sitting there.

Now it's just an Easter egg.

sauce plz

It didn't happen if there isn't any source. It's a joke made by Game Freak, it's an easter egg. It's pointless, useless piece of data left in to be found by bored players who try to push the boundaries of normal game play.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • okay you all know about the truck thing in red and blue ?well i think that maybe that it got some thing to do with the guy with the machop thats stamping the ground, maybe it was a side quest or even a event where you got a item to trigger the event. what may of happened was that a house is built and a person moves in and for some reason nitindo removed it maybe they ran out of time or soething what do you think?

Your theory is wrong. Simple as that.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Well, the truck does absolutely nothing(unless you're playing a Gen III game). I believe that it's just left over data that was never programmed into the game. That, or the designers decided to be giant douchebags. :)

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
  • The truck's a simple easter egg that Game Freak put in for fun, and that's it, simple as that.

Is it just me or is this thread pointless?

Years
  • What a lame theory. How would the Machop have anything to do with the truck, other then the fact that Vermilion City is right next to it?

I can't believe people still think that truck does something. It's been known about for ages, and everyone knows it does nothing.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • That truck is for NOTHING. It must be something GameFreak planned, but at the last hour before releasing the game, they must have removed that event and forgot to remove the truck.

nosferatu

so you like... stuff?..cool...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    i never i does stuff i siad that naybe sthats what it was suppose to do

Years
  • You really have no proof of that (obviously).

The constant OMG I HAS TRUC THERY!!!1 is getting old. Nobody knows what it's for, and unless Game Freak comes out publicly and says something along the lines of "That truck near Vermilion City was supposed to do ______", nobody ever will know.

Put it to rest. All of us have "theory's" about the truck, but it's not worth the time to continue discussing something so old and overused.

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    Let me explain about truck.
    There are several theories to this truck. What I think are the most sensible are:

1. Meant to be a side quest, got taken out at the last minute.
    2. A signature. That means if some experienced hacker decides to create and sell a bunch of games, the people would know whether the games are legit or not by the truck.
    3. Easter egg.

There have been the stupidest rumors, like if you move the truck using cut/dig/strength/rock smash that you meet a mew or something like that. Not true. Truck does nothing.

An interesting fact is that the truck is back in FR/LG. This time though, you can find a lava cookie if you use itemfinder.

Harper

Crazy guy with red hair...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    Hey... how exactly do you get mew? is the only way through some special event or is there a propper legitimate in-game way to do it?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    There is a way to get it
    I wont send you a link though
    here:
    glitchcity.info

P.S just put http//: infront of it!
    no www. though.

Back