• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ultimate electric type move?

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    in pokemon special adventures, the Emerald saga, when all the pokedex holders use the three ultimate moves, hydro cannon, frenzy plant, and blast burn, what was the ultimate move that yellow made the two pikachu's and pichu use?

i think it is thunder, the strongest electric move to date, except that thunder comes from the sky while this move came from the three of them.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    When i went to bulbapedia to check out electric type attacks, (just to make sure that thunder was still the strongest) there was one attack with no info on it, all categories had question marks, the name of the move was mega volt, i just shroughed it off and assumed it was a move shown in one of the new black and white videos which is why they had no info on it, i finished the yellow saga a long time ago and forgot most of it, so i guess ur probably right

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    When i went to bulbapedia to check out electric type attacks, (just to make sure that thunder was still the strongest) there was one attack with no info on it, all categories had question marks, the name of the move was mega volt, i just shroughed it off and assumed it was a move shown in one of the new black and white videos which is why they had no info on it, i finished the yellow saga a long time ago and forgot most of it, so i guess ur probably right
    The move you're referring to is "Wild Bolt," the every man's Volt Tackle (recoil damage), and is a new B&W move.

The move the two Pikachu and Pichu used likely wasn't just Thunder. Defeating Kyogre, right?

It could have been Megavolt (a supercharged Thunderbolt, which comes from them), but Bulbapedia said it's Volt Tackle.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    The translation i read stated it was Volt Tackle.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    yes i think megavolt too at the end of the manga.but for some reason its not in the game.

volt tackle is also strong too.but a hefty recoil.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's the artists' interpretation of Volt Tackle (which I think is appropriate, considering its' animations in-game, for Gen IV at least, resemble a special attack more than a physical one. Also, at the time, it technically was special xD).

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • Er, I'm probably wrong... but wasn't it Volt Tackle? I just didn't see any thunderbolt, so...

Spoiler:

The large laser beam would be the combined attacks of the other 9 Pokemon... so where's the electric attack? Maybe that little streak to the bottom-left?

Though, I have to admit... slamming your body into something that's being blasted to smithereens by high level final attacks is pretty stupid.

(... for the win! ... ... ...)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    It totally doesn't compare to SUPER RISING THUNDER.

Spoiler:

I must say, the "ultimate" electric move used in the Emerald saga isn't nearly as awesome as this move here.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • True, but that was powered by Raikou... I don't see any legendaries in the picture here.

And I mean figuratively, people!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah.....I don't understand that Megavolt still...although I guess it could be attributed to the way Yellow can double her pokémon's levels to scare off bad guys with cannibalised pokédexes xD

But c'mon, when it debuted in Emerald, unlike the other 3, and they were all using their "ultimate attacks", it's gotta be Volt Tackle....particularly as Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu are the only pokémon able to learn that, and that attack came from 2 Pikachu (who are probably the pokémon equivalent of married) and 1 Pichu (Their son, xD).

Back